• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

No other right-click ability has a cooldown, and putting a gun mode on shift/E is weird. It doesn't fit the design philosophy.

Just remove the instant reload on roll and up the reload time a smidge. The double FTH is what deletes tanks. You'll still crush squishies as intended, just no more overpowered E, RMB, Shift, RMB.

Lucio's right click has a cooldown instead of his shift.

Also, fan already has a longer reload time than his normal reload doesnt it? Not really a cooldown in the strictest sense, but still.

Nah, doubt it. They'll probably just do something to FTH.

So either a lower damage output or a cooldown. Should still be enough to murder Tracer.

All you have to do is put FTH on cooldown and the roll combo isn't an issue anymore.

I don't know about that, That Dev is talking exclusively about his flash-bang damage to tanks, don't think FTH or any other mechanic will be touched.

They should knock her charged shot damage down to, I dunno, 125. A headshot still kills most characters, Zenyatta is instantly more viable, a decent Tracer wasn't easy to bodyshot anyway. Make the skill floor a little higher, the skill ceiling a little lower.

Yeah, either a damage nerf or ROF. I'd prefer damage since it kinda nerfs ROF as well. One of my main peeves is that they double body shot 200-250 hp characters like it's nothing. Decreasing the full charge to 125 would require longer charge time overall to get to 200 off double body shots.

TaterTots

Banned
Starting to get really salty on Overwatch now. For the last 3 nights we've been getting our asses handed to us with 10+ losestreaks. We usually play with a full party and messed people up in beta bigtime.

Play with different people. I play with pure pubs/randoms and I don't believe I've ever lost 3 games in a row. If you're on PC let me know and I'll message you my Blizzard tag thing.

packy34

There's a reason double McCree is ran constantly.

Let's hear those counters.

He's weak and slow. Anyone with explosives or range can kill him easily. His flashbang only works at slapping distance. Skilled players using Junkrat, Pharah, Widow and Hanzo shouldn't have a problem with him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
mcree should be able to one shot anyone but tanks imo

He's weak and slow. Anyone with explosives or range can kill him easily. His flashbang only works at slapping distance. Skilled players using Junkrat, Pharah, Widow and Hanzo shouldn't have a problem with him.

He's...weak? He is slow, that is is one weakness. Good thing Lucio exists.

He can beat Junkrat or Pharah with his left click.

TaterTots

Banned

A good Winston can even wreck McCree. You just have to have good footsies and place the shield.

McCree drops Pharah out of the sky. In confined spaces, he beats Junkrat with right click. In open spaces, he beats Junkrat with left click.

Hanzo is sort of a fair fight. Widow is the only one who is dominant over him, and again, only at long range.

A good Winston can even wreck McCree. You just have to have good footsies and place the shield.
McCree kills Winston in two, maybe three seconds.

I have to be the unluckiest person in this thread. I see that almost everyone here is getting amazing skins, meanwhile I'm at level 22 with zero legendary skins and only 460 gold.

Anteo

You realize that she didn't save anyone right? He had just flashbanged and was about the FTH and wreck that Bastion.

I'm hoping you're taking the piss here.

Mei reacted the right way, it just happened that McGree also reacted to bastion almost at the same time and managed to land the flashbang. Both plays were super close to each other so there is no way for Mei to react to the flashbang and stop casting the wall. Either she waits for McGree reaction (which could miss the flashbang) or makes sure no ones dies by putting a wall.

Right choice in a public game

If anyone thinks there was enough time for Mei to see the flashbang flying and decide not to use wall, well.. those people dont understand how the game works. The views are never in sync so its most likely Mei saw the wall go almost as the same time as the flash

-MD-

So stay far away and lob explosives/snipe is the counter?

Apathy

Everyone bashing Mei for this doesn't realize that by putting up that ice wall she saved her team from getting wiped out by that damage buffed Bastion.

bastion was about to get one shot by the mccree plus any extra from people around them. The wall saved bastion not the other way around

meanspartan

IMO it is too early for nerfs, if people had their way, Bastion woulda been nerfed into the ground lol. I say wait and let ranked play develop the understanding of the game more, then nerf.

Anecdotally, I don't feel like I die all that much to McCree. If you weaken his stun/fan, then no one will really play him. Other characters do mid-range better- his whole point of existence is his burst strength (He almost reminds me of a Ret Pally from my days in WoW PVP. If our burst wasn't there, we were pointless).

His stun/fan is a good counter to flankers, but you have to be pretty close to use it. Meaning he will get himself killed vs. a good group.

For my $.02, don't nerf him. And no, I don't have a horse in this race, as I don't really play McCree.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Couldn't you also just cut the reload on McCree's roll to give him something of a cool down on FTH?

Onemic

Pharah is easily picked off in the air by McCree.

Sure, but it doesn't do as much damage as the snipers. I've been killed by a single junkrat shot many times as well. Maybe he's harder to counter than some other characters but he's not impossibly strong.

"doesnt do as much damage as snipers". I am dying, the shit you hear to defend mcree.

I play McCree a lot and even I think he needs a nerf

I see tanks like Reinhardt or Winston and think "Oh boy, free kill!". He beats everybody 1v1. Tanks, flankers, front line soldiers, defense turrets/bastion...everybody. Free!

No other right-click ability has a cooldown, and putting a gun mode on shift/E is weird. It doesn't fit the design philosophy.

Soldier 76 helix rocket is right click. Lucio's knock back is right click.

I don't know if a cooldown is what is best though. I'd personally prefer a redesign, because I like McCree as a character a lot and I want him to be both viable and have a toolkit that works well. Simply adding a cooldown might not work out well.

-MD-

Well, does he? In a one on one fight at range against widow, do you really think McCree is going to win?

Not sniping distance, a McCree shouldn't be out in the open in the first place.

He works well behind enemy lines, sneaking in and out of buildings 1v1ing any hero he comes across with ease.

Maximo

IMO it is too early for nerfs, if people had their way, Bastion woulda been nerfed into the ground lol. I say wait and let ranked play develop the understanding of the game more, then nerf.

Well seems like every tournament they do double McCrees are run...I do think he needs slight tweaks.

Demoskinos

I see tanks like Reinhardt or Winston and think "Oh boy, free kill!"

Like that aint right b lol

Funny cause when I'm playing Winston If I see a McCree I laugh as he tries to do anything against my shield while I Barbecue him to death with my arc lightning gun.

Dad

the arguments for mccree having a weakness almost always boil down to "he can't outsnipe a sniper" which is sort of hilarious and missing the forest for the trees

meanspartan

I see tanks like Reinhardt or Winston and think "Oh boy, free kill!"

Like that aint right b lol

Maybe, but again, a good group should be protecting vulnerable characters against their counters.

A friend of mine is a Reinhardt and I usually play Lucio. If I see a McCree approaching him, I speed towards him and shove him the fuck back lol.

Anecdotally, I don't feel like I die all that much to McCree. If you weaken his stun/fan, then no one will really play him. Other characters do mid-range better- his whole point of existence is his burst strength (He almost reminds me of a Ret Pally from my days in WoW PVP. If our burst wasn't there, we were pointless).

His stun/fan is a good counter to flankers, but you have to be pretty close to use it. Meaning he will get himself killed vs. a good group.

For my $.02, don't nerf him. And no, I don't have a horse in this race, as I don't really play McCree.
People, including highly competitive pros, have been playing this version of McCree for months. Pros have one or two McCrees on their team always.

Almost no characters do mid-range better. And when you factor in the stun, no character does short-range better. That's the point: he's dominant at every range except long, and he can still ping you and do not insignificant damage across the map.

Mei reacted the right way, it just happened that McGree also reacted to bastion almost at the same time and managed to land the flashbang. Both plays were super close to each other so there is no way for Mei to react to the flashbang and stop casting the wall. Either she waits for McGree reaction (which could miss the flashbang) or makes sure no ones dies by putting a wall.

Right choice in a public game

If anyone thinks there was enough time for Mei to see the flashbang flying and decide not to use wall, well.. those people dont understand how the game works. The views are never in sync so its most likely Mei saw the wall go almost as the same time as the flash
We know she's a bottom-tier, non-competitive character, so fine. I guess for pub play it was alright.

Funny cause when I'm playing Winston If I see a McCree I laugh as he tries to do anything against my shield while I Barbecue him to death with my arc lightning gun.

The smart McCree flashbang before the shield goes up, or roll inside the shield with him for a free RMB that does way more damage than Winston's trash electric stream of tickling damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom