• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizato

Starting to get really salty on Overwatch now. For the last 3 nights we've been getting our asses handed to us with 10+ losestreaks. We usually play with a full party and messed people up in beta bigtime.

ExVicis

How do you properly do the roadhog chain + shotty + melee combo? I always try it but I can never one shot people unless they're lower than full health. sometimes the melee attack doesnt even connect and sometimes I fuck up the timing because it's different depending on how far away you hook someone.

Try to get a headshot with the shottie and change your melee to something easier to push. It's been working for me thus far.

Blizzard should give us the ability to have custom tracks for our Lucios as a buff
I do like Lucio's music but I can't argue with this. For the healing buff I want Sexual Healing to play.

I think Zenyatta's nerfs need to be looked at, again. Bumping him even to 200 HP could be enough. Reverting to not requiring line of sight for his orbs might be a little too much, but he definitely needs something. I love the character and stand by picking him. That little bump in HP might just be the ticket.

Symmetra's shield buff could use a small tweak, too. It used to be 50, which proved to be too strong, and now it's 25, which seems a little too weak. Would 35 be enough? 40?

Hanzo's ultimate gain rate. Does it seem to gain a lot quicker than most people? When I play him, I can get off a ton of ults in a single game. I don't feel that way about most other characters.

Mei's ice block self-heal. I'm torn on this one. I, personally, don't think it needs a nerf. Maybe make it so she can't capture a point or push a payload while in ice form? The same could go for Reaper's ghost form.

LiK

Lucio does good damage for a fucking healer. Mercy has to whip out her pistol and be useless.

Mercy's pistol is actually pretty powerful and fires fast, imo. managed to outgun Reapers and Soldiers sometimes. I think Lucio does good damage as well but his attacks take longer to hit so it seems he's weak. But if you connect all the time, you can quickly take out some players.

Mercy's pistol is actually pretty powerful and fires fast, imo. managed to outgun Reapers and Soldiers sometimes. I think Lucio does good damage as well but his attacks take longer to hit so it seems he's weak. But if you connect all the time, you can quickly take out some players.

But you gotta stop healing to do that, Lucio doesn't.

Yup. I remapped Mercy's weapon change to L2, since she has no alt fire. and can switch between offense and defense with ease. From behind a Reinhardt shield, she can take out turrets and Bastions before reloading. She plays a lot like Zero Suit D.Va in this regard.

If no one has the medic icon on them, I don't heal them right away. I either buff a Soldier or some other attacker, or shoot things myself. Just gotta be quick on the switch back to healing. Of course, if things are hectic, I go 100% healer.

ExVicis

Mercy's pistol is actually pretty powerful and fires fast, imo.
I've tested it, it fires super slow. D.Va in her Zero Suit form fires faster than Mercy's pistol.

Edit: Also
it's the same amount of shots, my mistake to whoever saw that before.

R0ckman

Doesn't have an "I Win" button the way Mercy does with resurrect. The ability thats so powerful the only thing you can do is get a Mercy of your own on your team so you have access to it as well.

Yeah even timing killing her is hard on maps where you are up agaisnt the defense. She can respawn run out and clean up the mess. So I guess the best thing to do is to kill her not first but before you kill a majority of the whole team in those situations.

How do you properly do the roadhog chain + shotty + melee combo? I always try it but I can never one shot people unless they're lower than full health. sometimes the melee attack doesnt even connect and sometimes I fuck up the timing because it's different depending on how far away you hook someone.

at a distance: right click, hook, melee, left click

Any Zenyatta caught by a Widowmaker deserves to die. Only time Zenyatta should be out in the open with a Widowmaker out is during Transcendence all other times he should be under cover tossing heals/discord/firing in angles.
Perhaps.

But that's why he's worthless in comparison to a Mercy or Lucio who have about 1000% more survivability and utility than some glass canon who has to hide behind cover.

Onemic

Try to get a headshot with the shottie and change your melee to something easier to push. It's been working for me thus far.

I do like Lucio's music but I can't argue with this. For the healing buff I want Sexual Healing to play.

do you just spam the lmb once you hook them or do you time it?

at a distance: right click, hook, melee, left click

Oh, it's melee before left click?

KarmaCow

What are his disadvantages?

He doesn't have disadvantages exactly but his greatest strength is that his heal is passive and has a huge AoE though beyond that there's not much to him. The speed boost mostly benefits him more so than anyone else at the cost of healing in the middle of a fight. His primary fire is more of an annoyance, alt fire is extremely situational. The ult is probably the weakest in the game and especially does not rank up compared to the other support characters.

Not a terrible character by any means though.

Lucio has a number of huge advantages on Mercy:

1) He doesn't have to stop healing to attack

2) He actually has two attack options, one which can be an insta-kill

3) He can also get out of fire quickly making him hugely survivable.

LiK

i wish i was better playing as Soldier. I got rekt by some good Soldier players. He's also one of the more effective characters against Pharah.

Doesn't have an "I Win" button the way Mercy does with resurrect. The ability thats so powerful the only thing you can do is get a Mercy of your own on your team so you have access to it as well.

I would say their ults are about even. Lucio's ult prevents less overall damage but is proactive (which is massive for pushes/final holds), while Mercy's is reactive (which means that if you kill her first, she can't ever use it).

He doesn't have disadvantages exactly but his greatest strength is that his heal is passive and has a huge AoE though beyond that there's not much to him. The speed boost mostly benefits him more so than anyone else at the cost of healing in the middle of a fight. His primary fire is more of an annoyance, alt fire is extremely situational. The ult is probably the weakest in the game and especially does not rank up compared to the other support characters.

He's the second most picked character in competitive for a reason. His ult is one of the best in the game, it's a reliable way to make for a powerful push. Not nearly as situational as D.Va's or Winston's.

bs000

hSv3c0o.jpg

I did it.

Demoskinos

i wish i was better playing as Soldier. I got rekt by some good Soldier players. He's also one of the more effective characters against Pharah.

He's real good on offensive push for Payloads.

Slam down your healing and let your teammates leech off your healing skill. Plus he can DPS really effectively. Two soldiers working together alternating heal's is a fucking rough thing to deal with.

LiK

Lucio and Mercy are both MVPs for Payload Attackers in Overtime. Lost to some matches because of that overshield or mass revives.

What? Lucio's ult is amazing. Combo it with the speed boost amp and just storm the point, you cannot fucking die.

Shit's scary. I've been hunted as a Mercy by Wintons and it's like "SHIT, NO, PLEASE" while being slowly pummeled to death spamming shift at every team mate I see.

That and Pharahs flying above me and taking me out first every time they spawn.

that's probably me on you. i mean. who goes for the person they are healing like rein lol.
i've been having fun with winston on defense. at times i get hit with a rocket or something as i jump away so i have a super mega jump lol.

Saw this on reddit, and it's so damn true

https://gfycat.com/LimitedEvenDodobird

Happened a few times yesterday for me as well..so annoying

i forget i had the ice wall up from fiddling with the key so when the game starts i accidentally click it and it blocked the team from advancing lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I think you're really selling his abilities short, especially his primary weapon and his ultimate. His ult is not as good as a mass rez, sure, but in a group fight, it gives your team a nice edge which is a pretty big advantage.

ExVicis

Maybe he does it differently but I always hook and left click the minute I hear the chain clinking noise and shoot at the head where I expect it to be. Doesn't always work because sometimes the hooks screw up but it USUALLY works. I always hit melee afterwards no matter if the shot killed them or not because...eh why not. Either it kills them or a few frames are expended whiffing nothing while I move somewhere else.. That's my version of the double-tap.

I do hook, left click, melee and it always works. There's no real timing to it really. Just wait for the hook animation to finish then shoot and immediately melee.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lucio and Mercy are both MVPs for Payload Attackers in Overtime. Lost to some matches because of that overshield or mass revives.

The nastiest thing i have seen is a mercy and a mei at the last point of payload maps that have that sort of closed choke point thing going on, like route 66, hollywood or kings row. Freeze the enemy team, revive your entire team and just turn the tide completely.

The same thing works in reverse though lol.

Twookie

mcree is such faceroll, really annoying

it's really dumb how the flash bang is a guaranteed kill at that range

either nerf the cooldown on the flashbang or the range

or increase spread on fan the hammer or some shit

Dad

It's not obvious to me that there is a counter to McCree right now, but I might play Torbjorn (can't flashbang the turret) or Roadhog (hook outranges the flashbang).

I've had generally bad luck with hooking McCree since it almost inevitably sends him into an easy flashbang + FTH combo. I'll only ever grab him if I'm sure he's just spent it now

Any Zenyatta caught by a Widowmaker deserves to die. Only time Zenyatta should be out in the open with a Widowmaker out is during Transcendence all other times he should be under cover tossing heals/discord/firing in angles.

SO basically as you just said, Zenyatta is trash.

Frostburn

As someone who has played Counter-Strike since the Half Life 1 days I can tell you that Soldier on PC lends himself very well to those with fast reaction and good aim/movement. I do REALLY well with him but he is the least interesting to play in OverWatch, at least his heal is helpful to teammates though.

Also want to chime in about Zenyatta, he is my preferred support Hero. I do really well with him for some reason, I end up getting 15 or more kills per game while keeping my heal on someone in my LOS and debuffing their tanks and big threats. With Mercy my K/D is trash but she is an amazing healer. Lucio is situational for me as I can put out decent damage when my team doesn't decide to have 3 or 4 flankers/solo players and I love pushing people of ledges.

Grief.exe

They are still stunned up until the end of the animation. So left click as soon as the animation finished, then melee to cancel the animation and add on more damage.

Try to get a headshot with your shotgun shot.

He's literally the best character in the game.

Here's how a tier list works for Overwatch:

Tier 1: Lucio
Tiers 2-4(5): Everyone else

Gator86

Seriously, fuck Widowmaker. People just sit a million miles away, whiffing on endless shots, not helping contest anything, and concentrating the fire on everyone else by virtue of the enemy team having fewer targets, lowering our survival odds. I know everyone paid for the game and no one should be expected to subsidize other people's fun, but fuck, playing 5 on 6 gets old.

JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABOVE, on the floor. I saw it in the highlight, they were looking AT me, then looked UP to try to find me.

trolledsoftly.jpg

I know everyone paid for the game and no one should be expected to subsidize other people's fun, but fuck, playing 5 on 6 gets old.

No see, you're not entitled to fun, so they get to have all the fun they want because they are entitled to it. :^)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Everyone bashing Mei for this doesn't realize that by putting up that ice wall she saved her team from getting wiped out by that damage buffed Bastion.

well it didnt because mcree was about to 1 shot him but yes, she wasnt wrong to do it imo

This game is infuriating at times. I shouldn't keep being the only person that tanks or heals. Why are there 2 Hanzo's and a damn Widowmaker on my team when we are on attack? Why will no one switch characters when it is established we are getting throttled? Ffs... this is a team game!

LiK

As someone who has played Counter-Strike since the Half Life 1 days I can tell you that Soldier on PC lends himself very well to those with fast reaction and good aim/movement. I do REALLY well with him but he is the least interesting to play in OverWatch, at least his heal is helpful to teammates though.

it's so weird. he's like the most generic FPS character ever and the fact that i've played tons of military FPS games, i should be comfortable with him but I'm not. Probably need to practice with him some more.

This sub-reddit is magical
Best quotes:
"REINHARDT KILL THAT TRACER!"
BITCH YOU HAVE A GUN
A FRIEND AS ZARYA AND ME AS PHARAH COMBINING OUR ULTS TO WIPE TWO THIRDS OF THEIR TEAM GETTING PLAY OF THE GAME?

NAH, YOU'RE RIGHT, TORBJÖRN HAMMERING AWAY ON THAT AIMBOTTING PIECE OF SCRAP IS MUCH MORE DESERVING.

FUCK

Unless you decide to ditch the group and chase down the enemy.

Everyone bashing Mei for this doesn't realize that by putting up that ice wall she saved her team from getting wiped out by that damage buffed Bastion.
You realize that she didn't save anyone right? He had just flashbanged and was about the FTH and wreck that Bastion.

I'm hoping you're taking the piss here.

Dreavus

Damn, I'm part of the "problem" now. Bought 5 loot boxes and got Mercy's Valkyrie in the first one. The rest weren't anything to write home about. But Mercy's Valkyrie skin was one of my most wanted. Dodged a bullet there. I think I'll be able to hold of from buying anymore for a while.

It sounds terrible but I had a similar situation. I was debating for a little bit whether I'd buy a few, but ended up with a couple nice skins back to back from level up boxes. After that I just thought "nah, I'm good now".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom