• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

If we wanna talk nerfs they should nerf Bastion.

Not the character, but how often they get POTG. I feel like half the time my Bastion friend gets it lol. As Lucio Ive gotten it once ever, by knocking 3 guys at once off the map. We dont have a mass revive so our gradual AOE healing doesnt lend itself to POTG lol.

Blizzard said they know the POTG is fucked right now and they're gonna work on it so it better chooses players based on what they do instead of just massive kills.

Luigi87

The Overwatch Honest Trailer

Missed opportunity to call Genji, Gray Fox.

Blizzard said they know the POTG is fucked right now and they're gonna work on it so it better chooses players based on what they do instead of just massive kills.

The other night I saw a Bastion (shocking) get a PotG... and all it did was deal 10% damage for a single during the whole PotG, it was hilarious.

Then a friend got one as Mercy... for a single revive of me, lol

I see you.
prXPzSC.jpg

b5d553cd17fbfc2e2efeeb9fdd41dfd9.jpg

tumblr_o7wgo9Wagy1qgu2vjo1_1280.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
If this game had Destiny's gameplay, it'd be GOAT. I love OW but I have to admit it feels a bit clunky by comparison. Alas, everything does.

Overwatch? Clunky? The fuck am I reading?

Also - I still don't understand how the hell Im not pissed off about needing nerfs or buffs. I'm usually the first to bitch; but I think the character composition is sublime.

Better matchmaking? Absolutely!
More variety in POTG? Yes!
Would I like to get fewer dumb teammates? Please!

But the hero balance is fine, at least this freaking early.

Baliis

A smart Winston will play the borders of his shield, hopping in and out of it depending on opponent's position.

With the net code the way it is, it's not hard to catch him on the wrong side of the shield. Even if Winston is out on his screen he might be in on the McCrees and get stunned.

Mupod

If this game had Destiny's gameplay, it'd be GOAT. I love OW but I have to admit it feels a bit clunky by comparison. Alas, everything does.

don't you play on console? I'm honestly surprised at Overwatch's console popularity - I have a hard time even imagining how I'd control this game with a pad. For example one of my favorite movement techniques is blasting myself around as Pharah with her knockback by doing an instant turn in the opposite direction I want to go. That would be physically impossible on consoles. I do similar nonsense with Junkrat, to say nothing of Genji's spastic movement.

Destiny on the other hand was designed from the ground up for pad controls and it feels great that way. I've weirdly always enjoyed Bungie FPSes on pad over M&K even though my brain tries to reject that notion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just çpst because our team got completely locked down / rekt by the best widow ive seen. No amount of counter sniping or monkey business helped us

Interfectum

don't you play on console? I'm honestly surprised at Overwatch's console popularity - I have a hard time even imagining how I'd control this game with a pad. For example one of my favorite movement techniques is blasting myself around as Pharah with her knockback by doing an instant turn in the opposite direction I want to go. That would be physically impossible on consoles. I do similar nonsense with Junkrat, to say nothing of Genji's spastic movement.

Destiny on the other hand was designed from the ground up for pad controls and it feels great that way. I've weirdly always enjoyed Bungie FPSes on pad over M&K even though my brain tries to reject that notion.

I've played OW on both PC and PS4 and I really enjoy how it plays on console. A bit more relaxed, a bit more sloppy, but fun as fuck.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Overwatch? Clunky? The fuck am I reading?

Also - I still don't understand how the hell Im not pissed off about needing nerfs or buffs. I'm usually the first to bitch; but I think the character composition is sublime.

Better matchmaking? Absolutely!
Would I like to get fewer dumb teammates? Please!

But the hero balance is fine, at least this freaking early.

I actually agree that I haven't seen the need to nerf or buff anyone, but I've only been playing a few days, so perhaps it's different at the top ranks.

And yes, this gameplay/gunplay is a bit more clunky compared to Destiny. But perhaps that's just because Destiny is generally faster and with more mobility.

With the net code the way it is, it's not hard to catch him on the wrong side of the shield. Even if Winston is out on his screen he might be in on the McCrees and get stunned.

For sure but there's nothing we can do about that. I'm just pointing out that it's not really that simple to kill a good Winston.

LiK

Sure, but isn't the character kinda worthless without it?

Nah, he can do good damage from a distance already and his roll gives him instant reload so if you're good, you don't really need the stun. A really good McCree player totally rekt me without every stunning me. He mainly shot me from a distance. I was in awe of the kill cam.

the twitchy characters are really hard for me on a controller.. I stink with tracer and genji

even soldier 76 doesn't feel quite right

with Lucio you can only wall skate in a straight line.. If you come to a corner forget it lol

but everyone is on equal ground so it evens out

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, I decided to get it for PS4, but I honestly might double dip if I can get it for $30. I have no doubt whatsoever that it controls a lot better with KB/M, although, for some reason, I've read posts on reddit where people are using a controller with the PC version.

Interfectum

This please. It's funny in a game that's "not about kills, k/d ratio, etc" they sure love to highlight when someone hits their ult and gets a lot of kills.

Very, very, very rarely do I see healing POTG... actually I think one time, when Mercy mass ressed whole team or something.

mbpm1

Which is why they should buff his god damn ultimate because holy shit it's slow. SLOW.

Nerf the stun, put a cooldown on the fan AND BUFF HIS GODDAMN ULT

The lock-on time is SO. SLOW.

Pls no, Shanghai Noon already locks down a wide enough area

Which is why they should buff his god damn ultimate because holy shit it's slow. SLOW.

Nerf the stun, put a cooldown on the fan AND BUFF HIS GODDAMN ULT

The lock-on time is SO. SLOW.

I think the best way to use it is like a sniper, as far away as possible seeing as many as possible, preventing yourself from being an easy target.

A smart Winston will play the borders of his shield, hopping in and out of it depending on opponent's position.
Fan the hammer, roll away, fan the hammer again while continuing to back up. The shield is now broken and you are out of range of Winston's gun while his jump and shield are on cooldown. He has done about 100 damage to you. Another fan the hammer should do the trick. Reload, right click.

McCree is Winston's hardest counter. I switch to McCree the second I see any monkey business.

I think the best way to use it is like a sniper, as far away as possible seeing as many as possible, preventing yourself from being an easy target.
Yeah, the best way to do it is from behind or above when they're distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom