• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I sent friend requests to not-always-using-mic people from the list, be on the lookout for an Owzers.

I'm still favoring characters who don't need to be great aimers, but deep down i want the dragons to consume you.

nOoblet16

I sent friend requests to not-always-using-mic people from the list, be on the lookout for an Owzers.

I'm still favoring characters who don't need to be great aimers, but deep down i want the dragons to consume you.

Well i t's fine, you don't need to have great aim with Hanzo anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish you could choose who the hero on the main menu is :(

He's literally the best character in the game.

Here's how a tier list works for Overwatch:

Tier 1: Lucio
Tiers 2-4(5): Everyone else

I think -

S Tier - Lucio, McCree
A Tier - Widowmaker, Genji, Reinhardt, Winston, Tracer, Mercy, Zarya
B Tier - Symettra, Soldier: 76, Reaper, Pharah
C Tier - Mei, Torbjorn, Junkrat, Roadhog, Hanzo, D.Va
D Tier - Bastion, Zenyatta

KarmaCow

He's the second most picked character in competitive for a reason. His ult is one of the best in the game, it's a reliable way to make for a powerful push. Not nearly as situational as D.Va's or Winston's.

What? Lucio's ult is amazing. Combo it with the speed boost amp and just storm the point, you cannot fucking die.

I forgot that he's the only support that can heal himself during a fight, which makes him harder to kill so that along with the AoE heal does make him pretty good. Still, he just comes off as basic I guess.

As for his ult, I guess I haven't seen it really decide an engagement but even when used for a push, it decays way too quickly on its own. Winston's ult basically turns him a massive distraction that can't be ignored but yea, D. Va's ult does suck though.

Frostburn

it's so weird. he's like the most generic FPS character ever and the fact that i've played tons of military FPS games, i should be comfortable with him but I'm not. Probably need to practice with him some more.

He has pretty good accurate range and damage so try to sit back a bit further as you won't be as fast a McCree or Tracer but go for headshots and use your heal for pushing up and supporting your team. Save your rocket for that last hit needed before an enemy runs away and grabs a health kit.

-MD-

"I'm going to be testing"

You mean they haven't been already?

If that is the case, then McCree really needs a nerf.

Bastion's armor mixed with a Mercy should be able to withstand that lame Flashbang/FTH combo.

He could fan him for most of his hp, roll and instantly fan him again. Zero chance that Bastion made it out alive in that situation.

But yeah McCree is definitely first in line for a nerf

Baliis

Bastion's armor mixed with a Mercy should be able to withstand that lame Flashbang/FTH combo.

Don't forget that even if you don't kill on the first fan, you can just roll to install reload and fan again. It's what, 840 damage if you land all the shots on a double fan?

Dad

Can anything mess with the trajectory of Roadhog's hook after he's grabbed someone? I've had a few cases where the character I pulled goes through me and ends up behind me somehow. I've only seen it happen a few times in about 7 hours of playing him, but still

nOoblet16

Bastion woulda been dead there.

True, but it's still not her fault. Considering the ice wall and flashbang went up almost at the same time.

You could say she should have never put it up in the first place but McCree could have missed, or could have died before the flashbang hit or could have landed only half of the shots leading to everyone else dying. Does she take that gamble? Especially considering by the time that Mei player decided to put up the wall there was still no response from McCree. Atleast this way no one died. Stuff like this is absolutely fine and no reason to get annoyed at eventhough it seems so.

What is annoying is when a Mei player traps you and the enemy in a room while knowing both of you are in there.

Both can be avoided if both were on mic and let the other know what they were doing.

B.O.O.M

That's Mei! Mei gonna Mei.

Worst character in the game.

I detect no lies lol

i forget i had the ice wall up from fiddling with the key so when the game starts i accidentally click it and it blocked the team from advancing lol

Some do this intentionally too..at times making Lucio's speed bump advantage to start the game useless

JUSTICE RAI-oh, I just killed myself, thanks Mei.

Happens a lot on Anubis i have noticed

Everyone bashing Mei for this doesn't realize that by putting up that ice wall she saved her team from getting wiped out by that damage buffed Bastion.

Bastion was about to be killed. Issue is Mei players tend to be a bit too trigger happy with the walls. For example I saw Mei players putting up ice walls in front of their own bastions and turrets for whateer reason, even when the enemy had not seen them

ExVicis

Mercy wasn't healing him though, she was clearly using the damage buff. Bastion would have crumbled into parts.

KarmaCow

Can anything mess with the trajectory of Roadhog's hook after he's grabbed someone? I've had a few cases where the character I pulled goes through me and ends up behind me somehow. I've only seen it happen a few times in about 7 hours of playing him, but still

The level geometry can mess with it but I think Roadhog can move a bit as well during the animation which can screw with positioning.

Whelp, I've been telling bliz to change mccree since closed beta. I am also still a little hopeful that widowmaker gets some tweaking.

edit:
That said, official forum complainers are usually wrong anyway. Like someone suggesting d.va being able to fire while defense matrix is up. lol... that would lead to some one sided fights, kinda like mccree.

True, but it's still not her fault. Considering the ice wall and flashbang went up almost at the same time.

You could say she should have never put it up in the first place but McCree could have missed, or could have died before the flashbang hit or could have landed only half of the shots leading to everyone else dying. Does she take that gamble? Especially considering by the time that Mei player decided to put up the wall there was still no response from McCree. Atleast this way no one died. Stuff like this is absolutely fine and no reason to get annoyed at eventhough it seems so.

What is annoying is when a Mei player traps you and the enemy in a room while knowing both of you are in there.

Both can be avoided if both were on mic and let the other know what they were doing.
Actually, with the situation in the GIF, if possible, it would have been optimal put the wall behind McCree and trapped the Bastion in with him.

Ladekabel

Anyone got some tips for me for the last centimeters in Gibraltar? My team gets always choked when the cargo is 1 cm away from the goal and loses the game.

The dawn of Tracers and Genjis running amok all over the place without fear has come, I hope you are all happy.
Nah, doubt it. They'll probably just do something to FTH.

So either a lower damage output or a cooldown. Should still be enough to murder Tracer.
Left click is probably safe, his fanning/stun/roll combo is the issue.
All you have to do is put FTH on cooldown and the roll combo isn't an issue anymore.

Gator86

Oh come on :(
I don't like nerfs

McCree deserves it. Also, nothing wrong with nerfs. People are always complaining, saying devs should just buff the other characters. If twenty characters are a 1 and one character is a 1.5, it's easiest to just bring down the 1.5. That's not even taking into account how changing the entire lineup of characters will change the overall game. If, for example, instead of nerfing one character's health, you double everyone else's, you've now made an entirely new game balance instead of fixing a problem.

Whelp, I've been telling bliz to change mccree since closed beta. I am also still a little hopeful that widowmaker gets some tweaking.
They should knock her charged shot damage down to, I dunno, 125. A headshot still kills most characters, Zenyatta is instantly more viable, a decent Tracer wasn't easy to bodyshot anyway. Make the skill floor a little higher, the skill ceiling a little lower.

Nah, doubt it. They'll probably just do something to FTH.

So either a lower damage output or a cooldown. Should still be enough to murder Tracer.

All you have to do is put FTH on cooldown and the roll combo isn't an issue anymore.
No other right-click ability has a cooldown, and putting a gun mode on shift/E is weird. It doesn't fit the design philosophy.

Just remove the instant reload on roll and up the reload time a smidge. The double FTH is what deletes tanks. You'll still crush squishies as intended, just no more overpowered E, RMB, Shift, RMB.

Like...what? Genji and...
Genji isn't a counter. McCree is a soft counter to Genji, if anything.

LiK

Mei players should be forced into a tutorial cuz most dunno how to use her walls without fucking over everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom