• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

Maybe, but again, a good group should be protecting vulnerable characters against their counters.

A friend of mine is a Reinhardt and I usually play Lucio. If I see a McCree approaching him, I speed towards him and shove him the fuck back lol.

But Mccree should not be a counter for a tank.

Baliis

Funny cause when I'm playing Winston If I see a McCree I laugh as he tries to do anything against my shield while I Barbecue him to death with my arc lightning gun.

Winston is like 50/50, if McCree gets the stun you're toast, but if you shield the stun McCree is toast.

Soldier 76 helix rocket is right click. Lucio's knock back is right click.

I don't know if a cooldown is what is best though. I'd personally prefer a redesign, because I like McCree as a character a lot and I want him to be both viable and have a toolkit that works well. Simply adding a cooldown might not work out well.

Agree, Like I said, cooldown will just make his rolling ability useless, They might be very close of rendering McCree useless with a wrong implementation. If whatever they do makes him very difficult to kill the opponent people will move onto other characters and he will be forgotten, whatever they do I hope it doesn't make him useless.

packy34

You shouldn't try fighting Widow at range to begin with, so...

That's my point. That's one of his counters. He's going to lose at range every time. There's nothing wrong with having a character that's strong at close range and decent at mid range. Even a good roadhog can chain and kill him in a single shot. He only has 200 health, people. He has one of the slowest movement speeds in the game. Turrets, range, explosives and speed wreck him.

Rixxan

i'm not saying mccree needs a nerf, i'm not saying he doesn't - either

but assuming one needs to happen, how about a slight drop off in sequential damage from the fan?

something like each subsequent bullet that connects from the fan of hammer does slightly less damage

something that, when scaled appropriately, would still allow stun/fan kills on most characters, but would negate massive damage to tank types

this would also force players to master the kickback on the fan, in order to maximize its efficiency

Demoskinos

The smart McCree flashbang before the shield goes up, or roll inside the shield with him for a free RMB that does way more damage than Winston's trash electric stream of tickling damage

And if that's the case that's why I keep his Primal Rage ult in my back pocket. About to die? Nah. Now I have 1000 health and I'm going to punch you off the stage.

Time to check out what's up in the Overwatch OT:
I2F8WBt.png

Never change, GAF <3

And if that's the case that's why I keep his Primal Rage ult in my back pocket. About to die? Nah. Now I have 1000 health and I'm going to punch you off the stage.

If you gotta pop your Ult every time a solo McCree shows up around the corner, I think you might need to rethink your character selection.

Baliis

So the counter to McCree is to just have your ult up every time you run into him and not be a character that he can stun out of their ult! Idk how nobody thought of that before!

R0ckman

Some of the replies in that topic are cringe worthy, especially that Mei one. Don't fight McCree as Mei you doof. Look at the damn character scoreboard to see what they have.

What is wrong with people just making the logical choice of not one on one engaging a character? Thats like wanting my Pharah to have a fighting chance agaisnt Widow, I'll just switch to Tracer. These people I tell ya.

So people also complain that his ult disrupts formations and goes to 50 if he saves it. Yet Winston heals and really screws up formations (which I'm okay with). Out of over 200 matches and 100 wins I have never seen an incredibly good McCree and I was only good when I uses him like they want you to. A tank should not be hiding in holes with out support were McCree can get to them, they deserve to die doing stuff like that.

Add 2 more secs to his cool downs. And prevent flashbank from effecting sheilds if they want to do anything.

Apathy

Sure, but it doesn't do as much damage as the snipers. I've been killed by a single junkrat shot many times as well. Maybe he's harder to counter than some other characters but he's not impossibly strong.

umm, grenades and rockets on direct hits do 120, mccree has 200 health, it was not a single junkrat shot that killed you unless you were already at or under 120.

Anteo

Saying a Smart player would do A just leads nowhere, because the other person can say "a smart player will never be caught by A", and so on..

meanspartan

But Mccree should not be a counter for a tank.

Not a bad point I guess.

I dunno, overall the game feels pretty good right now, and I want them to be VERY hesitant to mess with that even if there are some imperfections.

I say this as a WoW PVP veteran who had to endure years of "class of the month" patches fucking with the game so that there was always a current top class. This makes me nervous when I hear about people demanding nerfs to a character that anecdotally I don't seem to die to all that much more than any other.

I admit though that if you are seeing two Mcrees on a team of pros like some on here have said, that is indicative of a problem.

Baliis

Add 2 more secs to his cool downs. And prevent flashbank from effecting sheilds if they want to do anything.

Shields already block flashbang, but at least against Reinhardt you can lob it over his shield and it will hit his head which stuns him and drops the shield.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you want a tank buster you should be picking Reaper. McCree being a tank buster just steps all over Reaper's toes.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You know what would make genji's ult more pleasant to use and actually just generally better?

If the camera shifted into 3rd person when you activated it.

mbpm1

I mean, an Ult will allow a ton of people to win 1v1 duels, so Winston wouldn't be anything special in that regard either. Also, meter management. One Ult popped = one less chance for your team to make a good push on a point/move the payload to that crucial checkpoint at the last ten seconds.

Kyoufu

You know what would make genji's ult more pleasant to use and actually just generally better?

If the camera shifted into 3rd person when you activated it.

Destiny is still king. Bungie perfected the art of first and third person perspective changes in context with your actions.

Demoskinos

If you gotta pop your Ult every time a solo McCree shows up around the corner, I think you might need to rethink your character selection.

Didn't say I did but its worth keeping around for when you really need it. Maybe the McCree players I've faced so are all bad because I've outplayed the majority of them as Winston. Regardless I've yet to be in a situation where I won't try jumping in on a McCree

mbpm1

I wouldn't mind an entire shift to TPS I think.

let me see my sexy ass skin

of course it would be a pretty different game at that point

Grief.exe

Shields already block flashbang, but at least against Reinhardt you can lob it over his shield and it will hit his head which stuns him and drops the shield.

Throw it over reinhart's shield, stun
Throw it at Genji's foot , stun.
Learning something new every day.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Destiny is still king. Bungie perfected the art of first and third person perspective changes in context with your actions.

If this game had Destiny's gameplay, it'd be GOAT. I love OW but I have to admit it feels a bit clunky by comparison. Alas, everything does.

A stronger genji ult? No thanks. That thing is already off the wall good if you're good with it. Changing it to third person just increases your situational awareness too much and his attacks are already super easy to land due to a huge arc/aoe hitbox.

meanspartan

If we wanna talk nerfs they should nerf Bastion.

Not the character, but how often they get POTG. I feel like half the time my Bastion friend gets it lol. As Lucio Ive gotten it once ever, by knocking 3 guys at once off the map. We dont have a mass revive so our gradual AOE healing doesnt lend itself to POTG lol.

R0ckman

Destiny-style. I agree, I can't see shit when he's swinging his sword around.

Dragon blade is janky but you have access to your other skills so thats why you stay in first person, you can chain dashes after you get kills and reflect to safely close distances to your next target.

Its unfortunate but they need enemies to flinch. It feels like I'm swinging cardboard.

Apathy

Not if it explodes near your head. Double damage.

no it doesn't, it's 120, theres no headshots for nades/rockets. A headshot is indicated with your croshairs going into a red x (as opposed to the white x on a hit). Grenades and rockets can't headshot If you want to test it out, go into a game in training to the practice range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom