• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Hm, yeah, tested it. She does do 200 on a direct hit, meaning a single hit does still drop McCree.

You clearly did not test, i'm in training mode right now with pharah, the bots have 200, literally aiming at their head will not one shot them, you dont score critical hits (you would know if you did because the retical turns into a red x instead of white x on crit hits)

awd7kdu.jpg

as you can slightly see here, it's a white x on a headshot with pharah

8ABz9fT.jpg

Warewolf

Man, I feel so bad for the team currently assigned to the official boards over at Blizzard.

Overwatch is so positive, so fun and the clear product of a lot of love. But in the face of all that it's nothing but over zealous, hideous complaints and insults to the dev team and each other. Cries of imbalance, bad design, favoritism, the list goes on.

I just hope these guys have been in the rodeo long enough to eke the useful info out of all the poisonous nonsense and hold fast to whatever values led them to Overwatch as it is today. It's a hell of a game that is only victim to this much noise because it's such high quality.

Well usually in FPS setting a pug is a setting where you have enough people for two teams, you pick two captains, and captains pick teammates til the roster is full then play each other. We could get some pugs going for gaf, there are definitely enough, if people are interested in that sort of thing.

It's usually for people who are more interested in the competitive side of FPS. Custom games with higher tickrate could be spoiling though.

NHale

Finding more and more teams playing with duplicate characters. Some more balanced like 2 McCree and 2 Torg, but also played against teams with 5 Torg (Turrets galore) and 1 Junkrat or Bastions. It didn't always ended with losses but it's not fun to play for me.

Before they nerf something they should really create another playlist which disables duplicate characters because some issues could be caused by the duplicates or the alternative would be shared abilities between players using the same characters. Pick 5 Torg but only have 1 turret enabled at any given time.

There are 21 characters to play, no reason to allow duplicates...

Gryph

she'll like it more if you keep playing with her until you get better (y)

Keep playing her?

build your sniper ability

Practice.

play who you like.

This attitude is why I like this game. Good job community.

Finding more and more teams playing with duplicate characters. Some more balanced like 2 McCree and 2 Torg, but also played against teams with 5 Torg (Turrets galore) and 1 Junkrat or Bastions. It didn't always ended with losses but it's not fun to play for me.

Before they nerf something they should really create another playlist which disables duplicate characters or the alternative would be shared abilities between players using the same characters. Pick 5 Torg but only have 1 turret enabled at any given time.

Comps like Double Archie, Double Toblerone, Double Scientist, and Double Lucio are probably going to be around for a while. Tournaments might see a unique hero mode, but I hear there's a lot of contention about that even.

I don't think they'll change it for ranked, and I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if they did it for Quick-play.

I'd be cool with another mode, but I don't know if that's a priority for Blizz...

LordofPwn

I'm a terrible sniper. But I like Widowmaker. What should I do?

practice and adjust sensitivity to your liking. i had 1 great game in the first couple days of playing but lately i've been pretty bad with her. think i need to lower her and McCree's sensitivity more.

Neverwas

too many replies to quote, but thanks for clearing up the pub thing. It's been driving me nuts, and I can't believe "public" never even occurred to me. =P

mbpm1

the thing about a widowmaker I think is that if she does her job poorly, she looks like she's doing nothing at all.

but if she does her job well...sometimes it still looks like she's doing nothing bc of the ranges and hidden places she's doing them at.

Hex

Banned

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, I feel so bad for the team currently assigned to the official boards over at Blizzard.

Overwatch is so positive, so fun and the clear product of a lot of love. But in the face of all that it's nothing but over zealous, hideous complaints and insults to the dev team and each other. Cries of imbalance, bad design, favoritism, the list goes on.

I just hope these guys have been in the rodeo long enough to eke the useful info out of all the poisonous nonsense and hold fast to whatever values led them to Overwatch as it is today. It's a hell of a game that is only victim to this much noise because it's such high quality.

If you ever played WoW, then you would know that, of any company on the planet, Blizzard is the most used to dealing with this sort of nonsense. The whining in WoW is legendary. I've always thought Blizz did a pretty good job of toeing the line between listening to the fanbase and doing what is best for the game.

Before they nerf something they should really create another playlist which disables duplicate characters because some issues could be caused by the duplicates or the alternative would be shared abilities between players using the same characters. Pick 5 Torg but only have 1 turret enabled at any given time.

last night i played a game on hanamura where the defense had 5 tjorbons.. we never capped A

our turn for defense and we did they same thing.. they never capped A

fun stuff!

people say theres counters for everything but I've never really seen an effective counter for mass tjorborns.. theres armor everywhere and they always getting their ults

Like I said in that thread, there is a fine line between being useful and being a character nobody plays.
He has no speed, teleport or anything like Reaper.
He is pretty much dead if you stay outside of middle range.
They should focus more on not letting multiples on a team, because once you open the Pandora's Box of nerfing there is no stopping.

McCree will not be the first or last hero to be tweaked. There is no imaginary pandora's box, but if there was one, it was opened a long time ago.

Zeliard

They have be careful with McCree nerfs because if they go too far there simply won't be a reason to use him over Soldier: 76 unless you're getting flanked hard.

mbpm1

They have be careful with McCree nerfs because if they go too far there simply won't be a reason to use him over Soldier: 76 unless you're getting flanked hard.

there's no reason to play several characters now in certain maps/situation

I should be able to one-shot Mei as Roadhog. Why can't I one-shot her? Why must she freeze me after I hook her? Why must she torment me?

The cold shoulder, it stings

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

This happens in so many games. One change takes a character's use rate to 0.

I agree. One step over the edge and he'll be unplayed.

My suggestion for any changes would be to add a horizontal spread to the Fan, so you have to really be up close to 100% land all hits.

Adjusting his damage is going to be too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom