• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who really likes using Zenyatta its actually such a thrill going out and sniping enemies knowing you can get destroyed by one wrong move.

Ill take any buffs he can get

The first time I got a team kill I was playing Junkrat.

I thought my Riptire could kill my own teammates.

Not the best term for a team wipe, Blizzard.

I wonder if Reinhardt was loosely based on John Romero's original idea for Quakes protagonist.

I remember reading about how Romero wanted the character to wield a giant hammer and just smash shit to pieces based on their D&D nights with Carmack and the rest of the boys.

Most likely wasn't at all, but it would be cool if someone at blizz had that in mind

Razzorn34

If you're a low mobility support character that gets dropped by a single sniper body-shot, that's a bad combination.

Oh, I agree. Nerfing Zen to make him have LOS on everyone he puts orbs on, killed his overall usefulness. If Blizzard wanted to do that, cool. But, they should have at least given him 50-100 more health to compensate for having to be out in the open more often.

Not a good Winston. If you see McCree you shouldn't be running towards him in the first place to allow the flashbang to hit. The mobility of Winston hurts McCree due to his poor mobility.
No, it doesn't. McCree doesn't even need his flashbang to kill Winston at the only range Winston can do damage. Any self-respecting McCree has zero fear of Winston. McCree deletes him in three button presses.

Zenyatta's damage on it's on is merely adequate. Where he actually shines is how much damage he contributes via orb of discord. That ability which sticks regardless of your ability to aim ends up accounting for a lot of damage and it has no cooldown. 3 seconds is more than enough time to take out any character, so even breaking line of sight it's very deadly. It's even effective on lightweight characters like tracer since it turns her 150 hp into 100, making her 1 shot by a lot of abilities, like helix rockets.

Zenyatta would be in a great position if widows were a weaker pick (maybe after mccree is nerfed? probably still will be highly common) or if widow simply didn't hit for 150 on a body shot.

People also don't understand his healing is much higher than you'd think, because transcendence really pours it out.

MrPanic

I mean, his super is an aimbot. Sure it wasnt that?

That wouldn't make sense, 76's ult doesn't snap his screen to enemies nor does it land headshots.

I'm pretty sure I just saw someone using an aimbot? Soldier 76 that was snapping to head shots no matter where people were. I don't think anyone is that good.

There's a delay in the killcams, I think it only records movements at 20fps so it might look more snappy than it looked on his screen.

It was probably an aimbot. There are already sites charging $$ for aimbots but blizz looks to be throwing out ban hammers so I wouldn't worry

LordofPwn

OMG. dead.

*respawns*

Zenyatta needs buffed. yes he can melt tanks but only if he's being protected.
he's easily killed by widow, his single heal is slower than mercy, his damage is good, but lucio offers aoe heal plus speed boost and has a similar Ultimate. if Zenyatta had a slower aoe along with the healing orb and orb of discord he would be more viable. but i don't really know what i'm talking about as i've only used him for 14min

Zenyatta works best with a group that is cooperating with one another. For some reason people never want to kill the enemy that has a Discord orb on them.

nOoblet16

Having a high DPS isn't worth much when you're a gigantic glass canon.
Which is why he is a high skill ceiling character.
The discussion is about how Zenyatta is not useless.

His heal isn't as good as Mercy or Lucio but his damage is far better than either two healers...so he is a different kind of character.

Hex

Banned
As someone who really likes using Zenyatta its actually such a thrill going out and sniping enemies knowing you can get destroyed by one wrong move.

Ill take any buffs he can get

tumblr_nhd8mrFRcY1rf73xqo1_500.gif

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Do people actually enjoy posting up with Bastion? Like, is that a fun thing to do?

nOoblet16

Oh, I agree. Nerfing Zen to make him have LOS on everyone he puts orbs on, killed his overall usefulness. If Blizzard wanted to do that, cool. But, they should have at least given him 50-100 more health to compensate for having to be out in the open more often.

Well I agree...

They should change Zenyattas HP to Armor. so he can survive a full widow body shot with 5 hp or give him a mobility passive.

Now that I think of it, why do only some heroes have passives?
Zenyatta having shield fits in nicely with the theme of the character: After fighting he sits back and meditates for a second and he's back to full health.

HariKari

Zenyatta needs buffed. yes he can melt tanks but only if he's being protected.
he's easily killed by widow, his single heal is slower than mercy, his damage is good, but lucio offers aoe heal plus speed boost and has a similar Ultimate. if Zenyatta had a slower aoe along with the healing orb and orb of discord he would be more viable. but i don't really know what i'm talking about as i've only used him for 14min

He should stay fragile. Instead, I think his healing orb needs to ditch the LOS requirement, or have it heavily buffed. Discord should be buffed slightly as well, but still be sheddable by breaking LOS.

Give him the ability to healing orb someone near permanently and I think his utility goes up even though he dies if someone looks at him. He should be a glass cannon of utility. Right now he's just glass.

MrPanic

Zenyatta works best with a group that is cooperating with one another. For some reason people never want to kill the enemy that has a Discord orb on them.

Your teammates can only see the purple orb on the enemy, not the big red marker. I personally find it pretty hard to see who has the the orb if a teammate plays Zenyatta, so I think it's more up to the Zenyatta to orb the guy that is getting the aggro instead of instigating the aggro.

He should stay fragile. Instead, I think his healing orb needs to ditch the LOS requirement, or have it heavily buffed. Discord should be buffed slightly as well, but still be sheddable by breaking LOS.

Give him the ability to healing orb someone near permanently and I think his utility goes up even though he dies if someone looks at him. He should be a glass cannon of utility. Right now he's just glass.

The problem with that is that something like constantly healing Tracer would be potentially broken

Zeliard

That's how he used to operate and it made heroes like Genji and Tracer far too good. They were seen in every game as a double as a result.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Your teammates can only see the purple orb on the enemy, not the big red marker. I personally find it pretty hard to see who has the the orb if a teammate plays Zenyatta, so I think it's more up to the Zenyatta to orb the guy that is getting the aggro instead of instigating the aggro.

I think a big buff to Zenyetta would be to make the discord marker visible to teammates. It would act as a marking system as well

Braag

Sometimes I feel like Hanzo's arrow didn't even hit me, yet he managed to 1 shot me.
Like his arrows have a really large hitbox or something.

meanspartan

Do people actually enjoy posting up with Bastion? Like, is that a fun thing to do?

It's a strategy that destroys noobies (hence the calls for nerfs) but is far less effective against organized teams.

My buddy plays Bastion, was laughing at how "easy" it was for the first couple of days. Now a competent widowmaker or genji or roadhog can ruin his match lol.

Which is why he is a high skill ceiling character.
The discussion is about how Zenyatta is not useless.

His heal isn't as good as Mercy or Lucio but his damage is far better than either two healers...so he is a different kind of character.
He's not a particularly high-skill character.

He's a character who has had his viability nerfed to being an extremely situational pick. Which is why no serious players run him.

HariKari

The problem with that is that something like constantly healing Tracer would be potentially broken

That's how he used to operate and it made heroes like Genji and Tracer far too good. They were seen in every game as a double as a result.

I'm aware, but it's time for Blizzard to introduce scaling to prevent things like Symmetra's shields from being either useless or OP. Or just make tracer lose the orb if she blinks, just like other things. Genji loses it if he dashes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That feel when you only get 8 elims with roadhog and yet still get a gold medal for elimination.

Not saying I'm good at roadhog because I'm clearly not, but goddamnit how is roadhog outkilling in a team of mccrees, soldier 76 and reaper? With only 8 elims too.

I feel like roadhog specifically needs a good team too so that he can go around the main force and pick them apart on the side.

I want him to not die in one Widowmaker shot. Zenyatta needs long sight lines to not be useless, but he gets hard countered if a Widowmaker is there, so...? How is he supposed to function with that kind of crippling weakness? I don't want Zenyatta to simply have to hide more and dispense orbs from his hiding spot, I want his survivability to not be so mind-bogglingly pathetic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WHY CAN'T YOU PUSH BACK JUNKRAT'S FUCKING RIPTIRE WITH LUCIO???

Seriously this is such fucking bullshit, i hear that thing, i see that thing but can do absolutely nothing about it.

Free kills for that fucking rat because you can't even avoid that shit since Lucio's weapon is too weak.

meanspartan

That feel when you only get 8 elims with roadhog and yet still get a gold medal for elimination.

Not saying that good at roadhog because I'm clearly not, but goddamnit how is roadhog outkilling in a team of mccrees, soldier 76 and reaper? With only 8 elims too.

I don't get my most kills as Roadhog, but I get my most satisfying kills as roadhog. Nothing quite like scorpioning an annoying Tracer and finishing her off with that shotgun...so good.

Not what you were talking about, but you said roadhog lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom