• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanspartan

I've played Roadhog more than any other hero, and I still don't really get what's up with his primary and alt fire. What's the deal there?

Primary fire = close range insta kills or at least massive damage after chaining. Not much use if they are more than a few yards away.

Alternate = Not quite medium range, but something more like that. Let's you hit targets across a medium size room.

Zomba13

I've played Roadhog more than any other hero, and I still don't really get what's up with his primary and alt fire. What's the deal there?

It travels a bit then explodes. It does the most damage when it explodes and isn't good at damaging people until then so shooting it at closer range isn't as good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't get my most kills as Roadhog, but I get my most satisfying kills as roadhog. Nothing quite like scorpioning an annoying Tracer and finishing her off with that shotgun...so good.

Not what you were talking about, but you said roadhog lol.

Oh I love him too, I just wish I get better teams when I pick him. :p

I've had some really amazing runs with him where my main team can regularly be part of the fight so I can go around and hook the right people so that the team can demolish them, but he needs the right team. He's not going to be the main attacking force IMO.

Now I'm just curious about how you guys feel, but:
Does anyone find any enjoyment out of brutally crushing the opposing team?
I find its kind of dull if the opposing team can't make it around our defenses and if I'm on the attacking team it's pretty frustrating.
Games ar much more exciting and interesting if it's neck and neck in the game. Just barely making it out on top is fantastic.
I know there isn't much that can be done at all regarding this, I'm just venting.

Effnine

WHY CAN'T YOU PUSH BACK JUNKRAT'S FUCKING RIPTIRE WITH LUCIO???

Seriously this is such fucking bullshit, i hear that thing, i see that thing but can do absolutely nothing about it.

Free kills for that fucking rat because you can't even avoid that shit since Lucio's weapon is too weak.

Yeah, I agree. I still try to do it too ... lately I've just been resigned to running away.

Seriously. Zenyatta can actually kill people unlike Mercy. Not to mention, she can debuff and heal at the same time as she is killing people. Mercy just runs around being somebodies heal bot the whole game.

i've gotten a few kills with Mercy. it's not easy but it's certainly not impossible.

meanspartan

Oh I love him too, I just wish I get better teams when I pick him. :p

I've had some really amazing runs with him where my main team can regularly be part of the fight so I can go around and hook the right people so that the team can demolish them, but he needs the right team. He's not going to be the main attacking force IMO.

Ya I use him or Lucio when playing with my Bastion buddy to pull/push enemies into his line of sight.

FinKL

Seriously this is such fucking bullshit, i hear that thing, i see that thing but can do absolutely nothing about it.

Free kills for that fucking rat because you can't even avoid that shit since Lucio's weapon is too weak.

You can shoot it, usually you can use sound deduction to start pre-firing where you think it's coming from to score a hit or two. You need to hit it 7 times to bring down it's 100HP though. The problem I have is NO-ONE shoots it EVER.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Do people actually enjoy posting up with Bastion? Like, is that a fun thing to do?

A good bastion doesn't simply post up in one spot and stay there. A good bastion is mobile and constantly changing position with each wave/push.

HariKari

I know there isn't much that can be done at all regarding this, I'm just venting.

The matchmaker tries to drag everyone to 50% winrate as hard as possible. You should be crushing it sometimes, getting crushed others. Nothing will save you from horrible individual play and bad team comp, though.

Speaking of Roadhog, does the hook pull people to where you were standing instead of where you are standing?

I've noticed sometimes that after I pull a target, I miss them with the shotgun because they do not appear to stop in front of me as expected. I had a feeling that maybe this was because I was holding directional arrows during the pull, perhaps causing Roadhog to move but the hook mechanics pull them to where they would have stopped had I stopped moving Roadhog. This (if it is what's happening) has lead to pulled targets stopping behind me or next to me instead of in front of my barrels. Or is there something I'm doing wrong here? I was extremely effective with Roadhog in the January Beta but now it's almost like 50/50 whether or not they'll stop in front of me so I can kill my target or not.

Klyka

Banned

You can speed boost and be faster than the wheel.

I did this a couple times and the guy would chase me with the wheel and couldn't catch me, then it ran out of time.

Zeliard

I'm aware, but it's time for Blizzard to introduce scaling to prevent things like Symmetra's shields from being either useless or OP. Or just make tracer lose the orb if she blinks, just like other things. Genji loses it if he dashes.

I dunno, I never really liked the passive "fire and forget" healing style Zen used to have. The LoS is a nerf but at least makes it so he has to be more aware of who he's healing and when, and more targets tend to get the benefit of his healing orbs since there's no compulsion that they have to stay on one hero.

There was a suggestion someone made on reddit or something that his Harmony orbs should be modified to do initial burst healing. I think that would be a neat way to tweak things with Zen, especially as there currently is no burst healer in the game.

Antiwhippy

I find its kind of dull if the opposing team can't make it around our defenses and if I'm on the attacking team it's pretty frustrating.
Games ar much more exciting and interesting if it's neck and neck in the game. Just barely making it out on top is fantastic.

I still get pleasure out of making sure the attacking team doesn't even get close to taking the first point of hanamura as symmetra, so yes. :p

It's so fun to watch Lucios and tracers panic off cliffs. They can't seem to handle how fast symmetra melts them.

The close games do feel great though.

MUnited83

For you.

I've used Lucio's gun to destroy the tire just fine. It does require unloading most of the clip on it though. And yeah, they should make it so you can push it back.

I play Lucio a lot (my #1 character as far as time spent goes) and I routinely shoot and destroy that tire. Generally the only time it kills me is when it pops up over a boundary or I can't see where it's coming from in time.

finalflame

I dunno, I never really liked the passive "fire and forget" healing style Zen used to have. The LoS is a nerf but at least makes it so he has to be more aware of who he's healing and when, and more targets tend to get the benefit of his healing orbs since there's no compulsion that they have to stay on one hero.

There was a suggestion someone made on reddit or something that his Harmony orbs should be modified to do initial burst healing. I think that would be a neat way to tweak things with Zen, especially as there currently is no burst healer in the game.

Lúcio's Amp It Up while on his health song is kind of a burst heal.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
That feel when you only get 8 elims with roadhog and yet still get a gold medal for elimination.

Not saying I'm good at roadhog because I'm clearly not, but goddamnit how is roadhog outkilling in a team of mccrees, soldier 76 and reaper? With only 8 elims too.

I feel like roadhog specifically needs a good team too so that he can go around the main force and pick them apart on the side.

A buddy on my team almost exclusively plays Roadhog and he does the same. He'll get gold medals foe eliminations, even though is usually rack up more. But closer inspection shows he lands a lot more Final Blows, whereas I tend to participate in eliminations (effectively assists)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hey new weekly brawl is here!

2016-06-0100_19_54-ov8cov2.png

Speaking of Roadhog, does the hook pull people to where you were standing instead of where you are standing?

I've noticed sometimes that after I pull a target, I miss them with the shotgun because they do not appear to stop in front of me as expected. I had a feeling that maybe this was because I was holding directional arrows during the pull, perhaps causing Roadhog to move but the hook mechanics pull them to where they would have stopped had I stopped moving Roadhog. This (if it is what's happening) has lead to pulled targets stopping behind me or next to me instead of in front of my barrels. Or is there something I'm doing wrong here? I was extremely effective with Roadhog in the January Beta but now it's almost like 50/50 whether or not they'll stop in front of me so I can kill my target or not.

It's affected by the geometry between you and them. The killcams also used to be fairly accurate but I feel like as of an update a few days after launch, they're insanely out of sync? Ridiculous curve on the chain in replays.

Zemm

I find blowouts, either winning or losing, a bit boring. Close games are much more fun even if you end up losing.

Antiwhippy

A buddy on my team almost exclusively plays Roadhog and he does the same. He'll get gold medals foe eliminations, even though is usually rack up more. But closer inspection shows he lands a lot more Final Blows, whereas I tend to participate in eliminations (effectively assists)

With the way his gameplay works he lands final blows more often than not.

I know the Bastion complaining is growing old but my lord.

I read an article about him which said he is just boring and it is right. It gives players incentive to camp, and with his being able to repair himself he feels ridiculous. In play with randoms he is so, so strong, even if you choose a character to counter him. Genji is the exception as you can bugger a bastion, but I really, really don't like that character.

I feel like a cool down on his self repair would make sense difference but it would need to be pretty long to do anything. As it stands it makes playing with randoms dodgy - he literally kills the heavy characters die in seconds. TTK is ridiculous.

Right now Bastion feels like the only unimaginative character that really, really takes away from the game. On defence it is a joke.

pigeon

Banned
Lúcio's Amp It Up while on his health song is kind of a burst heal.

Eh. Lucio's Amp heals 40 health per second for 3 seconds. Mercy's base healing value is 50 health per second.

I think a "burst heal" in this game would be better as a shield healer, basically. I think a healer that plops, like, 300 health on somebody every five seconds would be annoying for everybody in the game.

JustinBB7

I wish playing (winning) the brawl once would give you a reward like in Hearthstone. But I guess they need more items for that. Maybe they could at least give 10 gold or whatever.

Durden77

Is there amy reason NOT to upgrade Torchocolate's turret to level 2? On the wiki it says it uses scrap but I swear it never does for me.

I was playing a game where a Torchocolate just had his turret at level 1 with plenty of time to upgrade it and I had no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom