• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling like D.Va's ult is going to need a tweak. I think I've seen maybe three or four kills with it total since launch day. Everyone just moves a few feet to get behind something and the detonation time isn't long enough to really cause any disruption. Super situational and very reliant on facing an inexperienced team.

-MD-

I'm feeling like D.Va's ult is going to need a tweak. I think I've seen maybe three or four kills with it total since launch day. Everyone just moves a few feet to get behind something and the detonation time isn't long enough to really cause any disruption. Super situational and very reliant on facing an inexperienced team.

I think the goal is to deny an area and scatter enemies apart, you can clear a room of enemies for like 5 seconds and your team can jump on an objective.

mxgt

Banned

Same with other ults really like Hanzo, McCree, 76, Junkrat. Generally just easy to get out the way unless taken by surprise.

D.Va's is good for denying, though.

aka_bueno

Since we're discussing Lucio controls on console...

-L1 (bumper) to jump/wall ride.
-Left stick click (L3) for his changing songs ability (Crossfade).
-L2 (trigger) as his Amp it Up ability
-R1 (bumper) for his Soundwave blast ability

Now you can jump/ride with left bumper while having both offensive abilities on the right bumper and trigger and being able to aim at the same time.

Moonlight

Banned
D.Va has ways to cook her ultimate, the timer itself isn't really a problem. Just fix how lenient the game is about finding cover from it. On Payload especially, her ultimate occasionally can't even disrupt the objective in a meaningful way because it's so easy to be 'outside' of LOS.

Apathy

I think the goal is to deny an area and scatter enemies apart, you can clear a room of enemies for like 5 seconds and your team can jump on an objective.

Yeah too bad teams rarely do this. It's the same as riptire, in beta it killed 4-6 people at once, now people scatter, but that's a good thing. On Anubis B, I use it on the right side as we attack and run it into a wall for a few second and 8 can see people scatter around and it gives my team some time to move in before I go and hunt a person down

meanspartan

I dunno about that. The range on that thing is massive. As a character like Roadhog, it's going to at least damage me if not kill me.

Foxxsoxx

Does anyone feel that Hanzo could use some sort of buff? He is my favorite character to use and I do well with him, but I can't help but feel his traversal elements are a bit lacking. Maybe give him a double jump like his brother or increase his speed a little?

Am I the only one that feels that way? Like nothing is technically wrong with him but I doubt a movement tweak would break him by any means.

JGLS

Excited to try out the new weekly brawl tomorrow, it just seems like pure dumb fun. It'll also be a valuable chance to learn two new heroes I haven't messed around with before, without being one more extra hanzo/genji in a team comp and having to worry about playing other roles.

Maximo

Does anyone feel that Hanzo could use some sort of buff? He is my favorite character to use and I do well with him, but I can't help but feel his traversal elements are a bit lacking. Maybe give him a double jump like his brother or increase his speed a little?

Am I the only one that feels that way? Like nothing is technically wrong with him but I doubt a movement tweak would break him by any means.

As a hater of Hanzo...no.

pls no. he gets aimbot hitboxes on targets and does high damage

Kyoufu

Yeah he's the slowest ninja I've ever seen and I have no idea why he can't double jump.

-MD-

A Hanzo with a double jump would be disgusting

I think they're just going to nerf Widow to bring her more in line with him.

mbpm1

Played a game as a real tank (reinhardt) for the first time

It was both pretty rewarding and stressful bc my team had no

A) Mercy
B) Lucio
C) Bastion

So I was very aware of being near death at any moment.The person who went Zenyatta might have made the right choice in retrospect, but not sure bc most of my attention was on standing next to the enemy payload, slowly pushing it back.

And then hiding behind it when the whole team showed up and hoping my reaper could flank them and my junkrat could mortar them mostly. And then running away into a corridor when I was outnumbered.

Satisfying, but it truly felt like if I died it was going to the next checkpoint with that team lol

We did it though

Hey new weekly brawl is here!

2016-06-0100_19_54-ov8cov2.png

This one was fun in the beta, but there really should be some sort of incentive to play these though, like Hearthstone's free pack if you win a brawl.

Foxxsoxx

A Hanzo with a double jump would be disgusting

I think they're just going to nerf Widow to bring her more in line with him.

I doubt it, Hanzo would have to draw his bow out while jumping and it really isn't at all practical, it is more for just reaching rooftops and otherwise ledges that Genji can climb.

I just find it strange that Widowmaker has better traversal than a ninja.

Yeah he's the slowest ninja I've ever seen and I have no idea why he can't double jump.

Yeah is ridiculously slow which makes me sad considering he is one of the reasons I started to take interest in Overwatch during the first gameplay trailer.

Pharah's counter should be 'Anyone who looks up'. Honestly though they should give her a bit more armor/health, or just change her character model to a non-armor version, like a Rocketeer of some sort to accurately represent her defense/health.

Nah man, she's crazy mobile if you manage your fuel right. Widow is a hard counter, stacked Toblerones will fuck her up, and Bastion can ruin her day (at close range), but anybody with a short range kit (or lacks sufficient burst at range) is gonna have a bad time.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Nah man, she's crazy mobile if you manage your fuel right. Widow is a hard counter, stacked Toblerones will fuck her up, and Bastion can ruin her day (at close range), but anybody with a short range kit (or lacks sufficient burst at range) is gonna have a bad time.

That's mainly McCree. I can't even count Winston because I've seen a Winston Leap into the sky, zap her and punch her down for a kill. It looked incredible but made me shake my head at what a paper armored character Pharah is.

Kor

Neo Member

It's crazy how you get more out of your own fuel if you feather it yourself instead of let the game feather/drain it for you.

WOW

it was just discovered that the Zenyatta achievement/trophy isnt glitched. Its just literally impossible to get legit. People in boosting sessions had to line up 5 tracers to get it work, and even that was iffy. The time it takes for him to send out a discord orb is a big portion of that 6 seconds needed for the achievement. 2 people have unlocked the achievement now

Barzul

OMG guys I usually hate shooters on PC as I typically suck at them but I just started playing this yesterday after all the noise on GAF and this is amazing. I think the best part and feature is how easy it is to jump in and just play a game. No complex loadouts and settings etc just know your character and play it. Most fun I've had in any shooter since I played Halo Reach on the 360. Deserves all the praise it's getting

mbpm1

WOW

it was just discovered that the Zenyatta achievement/trophy isnt glitched. Its just literally impossible to get legit. People in boosting sessions had to line up 5 tracers to get it work, and even that was iffy. The time it takes for him to send out a discord orb is a big portion of that 6 seconds needed for the achievement. 2 people have unlocked the achievement now

Believe

Finalow

oh wow, they're actually planning to nerf McCree. he definitely needs one but I'm surprised how Blizzard didn't wait 6 months to see how every competitive team runs 4 McCrees and then maybe think about nerfing him.

Kor

Neo Member
WOW

The achievments are super touchy. I think there is one for Pharah for knocking someone of the map, but I didn't get it because Lucio rode the wall for half a second before falling to his death.

Also, I think a lot of them involve getting the final hit on a target, which is confusing for a lot of people due to the way the eliminated notices pop up.

Zemm

oh wow, they're actually planning to nerf McCree. he definitely needs one but I'm surprised how Blizzard didn't wait 6 months to see how every competitive team runs 4 McCrees and then maybe think about nerfing him.

yeah gives me even more faith in this game, they could have sat around doing nothing for ages whilst everyone knows he needs some changes but they've come out shooting (with the right click).

SDCowboy

Well for one, he isn't a ninja. Second, he isn't supposed to be a super fast, all over the place character. He is essentially a sniper class with a bow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe Hanzo would be more viable if he was Legolas.

I'm not surprised that McRightmousebutton is getting a nerf. It was needed. The primary thing discussed in the report from PCG was that FTH is getting the brunt of the nerf, which is good to hear. Fuck McFlashbang.

BigDug13

I think you're really selling his abilities short, especially his primary weapon and his ultimate. His ult is not as good as a mass rez, sure, but in a group fight, it gives your team a nice edge which is a pretty big advantage.

Of the three healers, his ult is the worst. Invincibility and 150hp per sec healing for the group vs group resurrection vs group very temporary shield that gets weaker by the second. Also unlike zen and mercy, healing does not fill his ultimate at all. Only damage.

Ketch

I'm not surprised that McRightmousebutton is getting a nerf. It was needed. The primary thing discussed in the report from PCG was that FTH is getting the brunt of the nerf, which is good to hear. Fuck McFlashbang.

Uhhh didn't he just get a buff near the end of beta? Before that tracer genii and pharaoh where a lot more common, or I am misremembering?

Tidalwave

Anyone struggling with Genji's climbing ability going away at times? It makes me lose out on kills I should get cause Genji just slides down the wall face first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom