• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm feeling like D.Va's ult is going to need a tweak. I think I've seen maybe three or four kills with it total since launch day. Everyone just moves a few feet to get behind something and the detonation time isn't long enough to really cause any disruption. Super situational and very reliant on facing an inexperienced team.

I agree. At the very least they should delay the ult's tells ("nerf this") and the explosion warning.

ramyeon

The reloading animations and sounds in this game are all so satisfying.

Lucio, Torbjorn, Genji and Mei's are all particularly great.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lmao 12 Genji's on the last point of the map is fucking crazy.

Sn4ke_911

The reloading animations and sounds in this game are all so satisfying.

Lucio, Torbjorn, Genji and Mei's are all particularly great.

Yup it's like Blizzard made nothing but FPS games before.

Absolutely amazing.

besada

Banned
Arcade this week is...interesting. I don't normally play either character, so I went in as Genji. Got a bunch of kills(for me) and generally did pretty well, but yeah, it's crazy time there at the end. Unless someone's got Hanzo's ult ready, everyone comes in as Genji and it's a reflect and dash fest.

Of the three healers, his ult is the worst. Invincibility and 150hp per sec healing for the group vs group resurrection vs group very temporary shield that gets weaker by the second. Also unlike zen and mercy, healing does not fill his ultimate at all. Only damage.

Lucio's Ult can block/negate the more bursty Ultimates that Zenyatta can't touch. 150hp a second doesn't save you from a Reaper or Junkrat Ult. Both of which are stopped or marginalized by a well timed Lucio Ult.

Not that Zenyatta's doesn't have excellent utility, they're just all situational.

Lucio's Ult can block/negate the more bursty Ultimates that Zenyatta can't touch. 150hp a second doesn't save you from a Reaper or Junkrat Ult. Both of which are stopped or marginalized by a well timed Lucio Ult.

Not that Zenyatta's doesn't have excellent utility, they're just all situational.

It'll shut down most ults if you time it right. Junkrat's wheel, Pharah's bombardment, and most notably, Zarya's grav orb.

"Ogon po gotovnosti!" Then you just slam the ground and nothing of value is lost.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone struggling with Genji's climbing ability going away at times? It makes me lose out on kills I should get cause Genji just slides down the wall face first...

I have the same issue sometimes. It can be wonky. I've used the swift strike lunge skill when it happens to get myself back onto the wall.

Anyone struggling with Genji's climbing ability going away at times? It makes me lose out on kills I should get cause Genji just slides down the wall face first...

You only get one climb before you touch the ground, though touching a wall refreshes your jump. The geometry on some maps is really wacky, though. They need to fix up Dorado and remember that they made a game where 3 characters can run up/ along walls, because Dorado has far too many windows and shutters and such screwing it up. Lucio especially.

Neofx

Why the fuck do I have to play vs a team containing a level 71, 68 and 58 while our highest was 22 (18 myself) :/

Sn4ke_911

Oh come on game, really?

2016-06-0102_02_01-ovlis90.png

Zeliard

Arcade this week is...interesting. I don't normally play either character, so I went in as Genji. Got a bunch of kills(for me) and generally did pretty well, but yeah, it's crazy time there at the end. Unless someone's got Hanzo's ult ready, everyone comes in as Genji and it's a reflect and dash fest.

Only (minor) issue with these modes is if you play a certain hero there a lot, you risk getting used to the much shorter cooldowns there and that can mess with you if you try them in a normal game.

Still a great carefree way to practice somebody you never or rarely play, but if you do plan on taking them to the regular game you should be mindful that you can't deflect every 2 seconds or so. :p

pigeon

Banned
Of the three healers, his ult is the worst. Invincibility and 150hp per sec healing for the group vs group resurrection vs group very temporary shield that gets weaker by the second. Also unlike zen and mercy, healing does not fill his ultimate at all. Only damage.

You know what's better than a group resurrection? Preventing your team from getting wiped in the first place. 500 bonus health basically turns off the ult the enemy team just used on you.

I think that all three ults are at a similar level, but if I had to pick one to be the worst it'd be Zenyatta.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Got a pretty chill group of people to play with regularly now, I find myself slotting into Tank/Flex role a lot and have been enjoying it. I've never been a fan of mobas, but I really like timing ults properly, shutting down plays, etc. I can see how the higher level strategy of hero comps and counterpicking can get addictive.

Just now there's a game that has those aspects on top of gameplay that I actually like! :p

Finalow

lol most Pro team already run 2 McCrees.
yes, that was my point.

I'm not surprised that McRightmousebutton is getting a nerf. It was needed. The primary thing discussed in the report from PCG was that FTH is getting the brunt of the nerf, which is good to hear. Fuck McFlashbang.
it was indeed, just surprised at how quickly they decided to do something about it and nerf him. which, don't get me wrong, is a good thing.

SDCowboy

So I decided to really give Hanzo a fair shake. Went 7-0 and got a team kill on a complete steam rolling. lol His kills are extremely satisfying, I must say.

ramyeon

I tried Tracer out for the first time today. What a disaster lol. She just doesn't click with me.
She didn't click with me at first either, but once she did it was fantastic.

That said, she's the kind of character that I find stressful to play. In the sense that I don't really have any downtime and need to be thinking on my feet to stay alive. Getting around the rear of the enemy team and taking them out unaware is SO satisfying though.

ramyeon

I keep trying to play Tracer but it feels like I do no damage, then I take a wrong turn and "Oh hai McCree"
Tracer's pistols do less damage the further away you are from a target. To be effectively dealing damage with her you need to get up close. Once you are she cuts through enemies ridiculously fast.

It's really frustrating losing every single match in a day. Half of them we got completely crushed with no hope of ever winning, the other half it's a split second overtime thing. Last match I had was Hanamura defense and we had the first point until it went overtime, somehow the entire team died leaving me defending point, got overwhelmed and killed, and then they almost immediately took the second point without a chance to really recover and build defenses.

I honestly don't know if it's me or the rest of the team or what. Sometimes I think "yeah I'm just playing awful and getting my ass handed to me" and I'll wish I was a teenager again with hair trigger reactions and the time and energy to really put in being ridiculous at this game with a proper team, other times I'll be going good and safely kill 2 of the enemies, look around, and see 4 skulls pop up on my screen and I get pushed back and/or killed. I'm certainly not expecting to win every match, or even half, but it's super disheartening spending a day trying to do everything I can and see nothing from it over and over and over.

I think maybe the honeymoon period where everyone is awful is coming to an end and I don't have it in me to keep up with people who are way more knowledgeable and coordinated than I.

jiggles

Banned
I agree. At the very least they should delay the ult's tells ("nerf this") and the explosion warning.

Nah, D.Va's ult is fine as is. It's not about getting the kills as much as it is about forcing the other team to evacuate the area. It's "leave or die" for the other team, and because it doesn't affect your own teammates, it's incredibly powerful for turning the tide on an objective.

If you're looking for kills, team up with Zarya or Mei.

Hey team mates, If I break the enemy lines to cause havoc and force them to retreat is because i want to create a distraction so you can advance. If you keep holding your position my effort is in vain.

Zeliard

So I decided to really give Hanzo a fair shake. Went 7-0 and got a team kill on a complete steam rolling. lol His kills are extremely satisfying, I must say.

Hanzo feels really nice to play, especially as mid-range skirmisher. Very active playstyle.

And despite the hate he generally gets, you can be a huge utility to your team with relatively little effort since you can provide vision every 20 seconds. A lot of the Hanzos right now aren't doing that so much, only really using it to set up their ults. There's no reason Hanzo shouldn't be providing vision for the entire game, and in that sense he's quite useful on a lot of maps, especially ones heavy on chokepoints and flanking routes.

Only maps I don't really like him on are the KotH ones since they involve a ton of close-range combat and you generally always know where everyone is anyway.

KissVibes

Banned
I wish Winston's ult was in third person. It gets REALLY hard to know where you really are in relation to others. Also, I feel like I aim people towards the edge of the map so they'll fall off but they end up shooting off to my side(s).

besada

Banned
Tracer's pistols do less damage the further away you are from a target. To be effectively dealing damage with her you need to get up close. Once you are she cuts through enemies ridiculously fast.

Just watch out for Junkrats using their mine and trap on you, as this is how I learned to love Tracer...by murdering her on a regular basis. She's still evil, though.

vypek

Just watch out for Junkrats using their mine and trap on you, as this is how I learned to love Tracer...by murdering her on a regular basis. She's still evil, though.

Its really great to get a kill right away by using the mine when the trap is activated

I'm feeling like D.Va's ult is going to need a tweak. I think I've seen maybe three or four kills with it total since launch day. Everyone just moves a few feet to get behind something and the detonation time isn't long enough to really cause any disruption. Super situational and very reliant on facing an inexperienced team.
Her ult is like Winston's. It's less about killing people and more about disruption.

Although you can easily kill people with some clever uses of the boost.

The weekly brawl stuff is probably my favorite thing. Didn't know they were going to have stuff like that

I feel like aside from making Zenyatta not so weak that he dies from a tap, his alt fire could use some work. It takes way too long to charge for how unreliable it can be.

I think he should be able to store it up instead of it firing right away at max

MUnited83

For you.
Nah, D.Va's ult is fine as is. It's not about getting the kills as much as it is about forcing the other team to evacuate the area. It's "leave or die" for the other team, and because it doesn't affect your own teammates, it's incredibly powerful for turning the tide on an objective.

If you're looking for kills, team up with Zarya or Mei.

It's based on line of sight though, so usually you really don't have to go far at all to avoid it, just hide behind a post for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom