• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Using this as my desktop wallpaper:

Gtf63kB.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Picked Lucio like always.

We have 2 hanzos and a widow.

I politely ask if at least one will switch. No can do - they don't talk or type.

So fuck it, I went sniper, too.

Two of them yell at me in chat, and then quit the game 2 minutes into the first round when we're getting rocked.

EDIT: Also, I said it yesterday but will say it again. I'm a better sniper with Zenyatta than half of the Widow players are.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Eh. Turrets are plentiful enough that you should be able to set up a different configuration and maybe catch people out again. Also, if you're smart at least some of your turrets will be difficult for enemies to destroy without taking damage themselves, unless they arrive in such overwhelming numbers that you were going to lose the point anyways.

(assuming your complaint was because people could see where your turrets were hidden and destroy them when they respawn)

Ah. That makes sense. More than what I thought the original post was about. To me that's the same as removing the death cam from like Widowmaker or Bastion or really any kills that rely on positioning.

Ah. That makes sense. More than what I thought the original post was about. To me that's the same as removing the death cam from like Widowmaker or Bastion or really any kills that rely on positioning.

Yes, although moving turrets (both Symmetra's and Torbjorn's) is more of a pain than just moving yourself as Widow/Bastion, so I can at least see why someone would ask for this. But yeah, I feel like the kill can is partially there precisely for situations like this.

_woLf

this week's brawl is hanzo vs genji only? man, that's super disappointing.

I want my random mode from beta back.

LordofPwn

Picked Lucio like always.

We have 2 hanzos and a widow.

I politely ask if at least one will switch. No can do - they don't talk or type.

So fuck it, I went sniper, too.

Two of them yell at me in chat, and then quit the game 2 minutes into the first round when we're getting rocked.

EDIT: Also, I said it yesterday but will say it again. I'm a better sniper with Zenyatta than half of the Widow players are.

I've seen some pretty awesome Honzo's wreck a team, haven't encountered any great widows yet. I've gotten a PotG as Widow before with 4 eliminations, but I'd say at best I'm an above average widow player. Though I did headshot a zenyatta while airborne so maybe I'm underselling myself.
i'm not, it was an accident.

Blues1990

As someone who's trying to get used to playing as D.Va, I would be so down with her (and her bunny mech) having an alt. colour that is based off of Asuka from NGE. It seems to obvious to not do.

Speaking of which, what are the best tips for playing as D.Va?

XenoRaven

I finally got on a decent team and half the other team quits and it breaks us up. This is Blizzard's way of telling me it's time to stop.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wouldn't it be fun if torbjorn could build a turret on roadhog.
laugh.gif

This is still my genius idea of making Symmetra more viable outside of defense. Let her put turrets on people. Consumes all her charges to put it on a single person.

Ken

As someone who's trying to get used to playing as D.Va, I would be so down with her (and her bunny mech) having an alt. colour that is based off of Asuka from NGE. It seems to obvious to not do.

surprised they didn't.

forgot what character but in HOTS there's an obvious NGE color palette for one of the character skins

There are three things completely ruining this game for me...

1: the bullshit auto 360 degree snapping of turrets the fucking things have no place in this game and it's filthy how they auto aim with such speed and precision.

2: multiples of the same fucking character. There's 21 heroes and so many combinations, why the he'll do we need 4 snipers on attack or 6 bastions of defence, it just shots up the whole match. This compounds massively with issue number 1

3: THE WORST BAR NONE Is the massive disparity between what the kill cam sees and what I see... I am so damn sick of being killed behind walls or from afar only to see that somehow I wasn't near a wall or was magically next to the enemy. If it's their latency compensation, then I can essentially rule out EVER playing competitively as a Canadian gamer. I can't make my ping near what Americans can... no matter what I pay a month. It was the same shit with WoW and D3.

It's just so damn frustrating having people running circles around you and you find out in the kill cam that because you aren't in the server's backyard you will always be at a huge disadvantage. I don't know how people in other countries can deal with this, mind you that being said no doubt most other countries likely don't have the shit Internet we are stuck with /rolls eyes

Sorry for the rant but I really want to have fun in with this but like usual people being dicks and exploiting as well as technical garbage ruins everything.

Jblanks

Just got Junkrat's Scarecrow skin!

Ughh I want that one. Jester is awesome but not as good.

Can anyone link me those 'Cute' overwatch heroes post, don't feel like looking through the last 100 pages for them. Thanks.

And also is level 50 when the XP starts over ?

1: the bullshit auto 360 degree snapping of turrets the fucking things have no place in this game and it's filthy how they auto aim with such speed and precision.

2: multiples of the same fucking character. There's 21 heroes and so many combinations, why the he'll do we need 4 snipers on attack or 6 bastions of defence, it just shots up the whole match. This compounds massively with issue number 1

3: THE WORST BAR NONE Is the massive disparity between what the kill cam sees and what I see... I am so damn sick of being killed behind walls or from afar only to see that somehow I wasn't near a wall or was magically next to the enemy. If it's their latency compensation, then I can essentially rule out EVER playing competitively as a Canadian gamer. I can't make my ping near what Americans can... no matter what I pay a month. It was the same shit with WoW and D3.

It's just so damn frustrating having people running circles around you and you find out in the kill cam that because you aren't in the server's backyard you will always be at a huge disadvantage. I don't know how people in other countries can deal with this, mind you that being said no doubt most other countries likely don't have the shit Internet we are stuck with /rolls eyes

Sorry for the rant but I really want to have fun in with this but like usual people being dicks and exploiting as well as technical garbage ruins everything.

I'm in Canada (Toronto specifically) and my ping on most days is a rock-solid 49ms. Are you in a rural area?

Ughh I want that one. Jester is awesome but not as good.

Can anyone link me those 'Cute' overwatch heroes post, don't feel like looking through the last 100 pages for them. Thanks.

And also is level 50 when the XP starts over ?
Haha I actually have the Jester one as well. It's nice to actually get good skins on characters I actually like to play.

Lesath

Personally, I'd like an orange Pharah skin:

MnPkyVF.jpg

Anyway, with regards to D. Va, I'd say be very cognizant of your effective range. A lot of new D. Va players like to take potshots from mid-range, which isn't really effective. You're more of a flanker/close damage dealer akin to Reaper. Also all it takes for people to avoid your ult is a wall or sufficiently large environmental object, so it's more effective to lob your meka like a cooked grenade.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Torbjorn is a much better hero than Bastion as far as I am concerned. Being in two places at once is nothing to shake a stick at. The turret can be countered like Bastion but the counters are much softer. You can protect your turret with your rivet gun which can do a surprising amount of damage, even to tanks, especially when they are occupied with your turret. Genji doesn't kill it as quickly. You can do some real damage against Pharah with your rivet if she starts flying around.

I think the best map for him might be Numbani. You've got a ton of potential turret locations, especially at the last point where you can sort of hide it in the bushes. My winrate with the guy is 75% and getting higher by the day.

RevenWolf

I'm on mobile so I'll address the first two points only. The turret deals 25 damage per second. It's incredibly weak and that's why it needs that tracking. Don't like it? Then pick someone to counter it.

Second point: there's nothing wrong with multiples, in fact the game is balanced around counters, and multiples might be the solution you need to defeat the current lineup.

Also if you're implying that 6 bastion or torb teams are hard to deal with, it would be a very humorous comment and incorrect since you can literally break those teams to pieces in seconds if you actually counter pick them.

LiK

Personally, I'd like an orange Pharah skin:

MnPkyVF.jpg

Anyway, with regards to D. Va, I'd say be very cognizant of your effective range. A lot of new D. Va players like to take potshots from mid-range, which isn't really effective. You're more of a flanker/close damage dealer akin to Reaper. Also all it takes for people to avoid your ult is a wall or sufficiently large environmental object, so it's more effective to lob your meka like a cooked grenade.

OMG

and Zero Suit Samus colors for D.Va lol

besada

Banned
Which character would make the best six person team? The one that would be the hardest to counter and stop in a game? Opinions?

I'm on mobile so I'll address the first two points only. The turret deals 25 damage per second. It's incredibly weak and that's why it needs that tracking. Don't like it? Then pick someone to counter it.

Second point: there's nothing wrong with multiples, in fact the game is balanced around counters, and multiples might be the solution you need to defeat the current lineup.

Also if you're implying that 6 bastion or torb teams are hard to deal with, it would be a very humorous comment and incorrect since you can literally break those teams to pieces in seconds if you actually counter pick them.

Quick play on PS4 is likely multiplying this annoying shit x 1000 for me, I personally know how to counter, but good luck getting the rest of them to do so. No matter how you look at it though the turret snap and degrees of rotation is fucked up. I've had times where I didn't even know what killed me from so far away yet somehow snappy the turret hit me across the map between some obscure pieces of scenery.

I'm in Canada (Toronto specifically) and my ping on most days is a rock-solid 49ms. Are you in a rural area?

I live in Oshawa, normally on PC my latency is around yours but playing on PS4 to avoid hackers means I get to deal with God knows what latency but it must be huge judging by these replays, like no joke there's often 1-3 seconds of disparity. I've had people die by me even after I have been dead but then their replay shows me killing them but me not being dead /facepalm. I'm guessing the 20 tick server rate isn't helping the cause either in quick play =/

Grief.exe

Terrible tickrate and no custom server browser are the real downsides of this game.

10 boxes in a row now I've got 3 sprays and a player icon.

This is so, so bumming me out. :|

I can't tell you how many duplicates I keep getting of trivial stuff it's upsetting considering how many items I don't have yet. I refuse to buy packs too so levelling hasn't seemed much fun (35 so far)

Edit: reply to above

Yeah I agree I think it has to be the tick rate along with their latency compensation that really makes things feel completely off in tense time sensitive situations (which is very often) sadly. There's no way my latency would be above even 100ms but then again who knows where people are that I am playing against etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bought 11 boxes since I didn't buy the Origins edition since none of those skins interested me and got Safari Winston

wanted Undersea tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom