• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a bunch of trophies like that that seem glitched or maybe the requirements are more stringent. Heard other people didn't get other trophies to pop even tho they thought they did the action.

Yup.. I've killed 3 people with Genji deflection blade and didn't unlock anything :/

To be fair, there's really not that many good places to put a tele on that point, I guess.

I don't usually play Widow, but I felt like indulging myself after some really bad games, and I ran into a mystical lobby where I had an actually balanced team. Their Widow was scared to peek me, lol.

peakish

Does ANYBODY have worse luck then I do ?
Seriously level 37 with only ONE Legendary and ONLY 830 Currency and thats without spending any of it, is there ANYONE with more shit luck then I do?
I've just got an ugly legendary for Bastion of all crappy characters and 550 gold at level 28 so I'm on track >_>

Lelcar

Maybe if DVa's mech always triggered a mini explosion whenever she emergency ejects out of it, she'd be more viable.
Nah DVa is a force of nature if you're using her cool down ablities properly. More DVas need to know to boost into people more often. The boost charges fast so you can just keep alternating the shield and boost into people, or use them at the same time so that they can't even hit you while you're boosting directly at them. I can play a mean mean DVa. She can be even more annoying than Tracer.

Also outside of your Mech, DVa's gun is pretty powerful, so keep moving and shooting when you're mechless

I played like 10 games last night and lost 9 of them...

No one wants to pick Support. I'm playing Attack with like two Dwarf Turret builders, a Widowmaker, and a Hanzo....dammit

Picking Lucio so you have kind of have a chance only to lose sucks balls. I just want to play Mei or practice with some other characters... ; . ;

When I see choices like that, it's Junkrat time

Mechazawa

I finally did it, Gaf. I finally got PotG with the objectively best skin/intro combo.

7IRC8f4.gif

The actual PotG was a wow-so-impressive multikill Pharrah ult no one's ever seen that before.

Jblanks

Lucio at Illios shoudl be illegal. This is too much fun.

Yea I go Lucio or Junkrat on the Seaside map, and usually Roadhog on Well to pull them into the well.

Also I hope someday more people will realize how important the command for saying how much ultimate one has (on consoles) because chaining ults can be a game changer.

When even pros use two McCree's in the team there is a problem, this has nothing to do with cries.

The game has 21 heroes, Blizz wants more variety and wants to balance all chars equaly.

McCree can kill a full HP tank with the flash + fan combo, that's a huge problem and should be fixed.

If (when) McCree gets nerfed pro players will just find the next best offense hero and most likely double them up and we will be at the same place as we are now. Then forums blow up again and the cycle continues.

I'm not saying that McCree is fine as is, even though I enjoy playing him the most when Im not stuck on tank or support duty, but they have to be very careful with his changes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nah DVa is a force of nature if you're using her cool down ablities properly. More DVas need to know to boost into people more often. The boost charges fast so you can just keep alternating the shield and boost into people, or use them at the same time so that they can't even hit you while you're boosting directly at them. I can play a mean mean DVa. She can be even more annoying than Tracer.

Also outside of your Mech, DVa's gun is pretty powerful, so keep moving and shooting when you're mechless

That's exactly how i play her.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If (when) McCree gets nerfed pro players will just find the next best offense hero and most likely double them up and we will be at the same place as we are now. Then forums blow up again and the cycle continues.

I'm not saying that McCree is fine as is, even though I enjoy playing him the most when Im not stuck on tank or support duty, but they have to be very careful with his changes.

Some tournaments are already banning multiple heroes in the same team.

People complaining about McCree are going to regret it when this game becomes unplayable because of Tracer.

Eh, she's a great character but her low HP makes her much riskier. Widow can just bodyshot her and oneshot her. Plus Junkrat, Roadhog, and several others can deal with her pretty well IMO. I think she's in a good place.

There are plenty of ways to tone down McCree without nerfing his ability to anti flank or deal with someone like Tracer. Adding a cooldown to Fan the Hammer is probably the easiest way. He could still combo characters like her but he loses the ability to just dish out 800+ on tanks.

peakish

I finally did it, Gaf. I finally got PotG with the objectively best skin/intro combo.

7IRC8f4.gif

The actual PotG was a wow-so-impressive multikill Pharrah ult no one's ever seen that before.
The barrage intro is super tacky in comparison. You're a good man.

ExVicis

Yea I go Lucio or Junkrat on the Seaside map, and usually Roadhog on Well to pull them into the well.

Also I hope someday more people will realize how important the command for saying how much ultimate one has (on consoles) because chaining ults can be a game changer.

I do it in pubs all the time but no one is ever paying attention. I try anyway though...

People say this about everything. "If they nerf it something else will take their place" isn't a legitimate rebuttal. Someone will take their place, but they won't be as goddamn ridiculous as the previous character was. See Sagat in Street Fighter IV and Diddy Kong in Super Smash Bros. They were absurdly unfair, and while there have been plenty of top tiers (who have also subsequently been nerfed), nothing has come close to how ridiculous they were, and the games were much, much better for it. No matter how they end up fitting into the metagame, whoever replaces McCree's role will be nowhere near as ridiculous as an AoE stun with an 8 second cooldown and an attack that does around 400? damage in less than a second.

Stiler

They just need to tone down his dmg vs tanks mainly imo.

I mean, a full health Winston vs him , he stuns you, fans and you're dead. That should just not be possible vs a tank.

Slixshot

Banned
I just finished my play sesh for the night. Got my 4th Legendary skin. Blackheart Reindhart!

(Others are Sparrow Genji, Jester JunkRat, and Explorer Winston)

1upsuper

Took a look at my win/loss rate and realized just how terrible I still am at this game. Gonna try and forget about that and just have more stupid fun, I guess.

kagamin

Any time I try different characters and go on a losing streak because no one wants to play support, I switch to Lucio and I start going on a winning streak if I stick with him... Hmm..

Out of all the games I played with Lucio I only lost once, and that was because I DC'd mid match. :(

fresquito

Some people don't really understand shit about roles. We've got a tank! No we don't, he doesn't tank. Like I'm playing Soldier and Reinhardt is ahead and there's this turret we need to break. So I start firing and suddenly the dude goes somewhere else with his shield, probably to try kill some Tracer. We couldn't get past that turret. It was sad.

Or I'm tanking this choke point with my shield and people are behind me and I want to break in and they are making no further action. My shield breaks and I go for cover. When it is refilled, I say: Shit, people are not fucking using my cover for anything. So I cross the choke point and go to my left charging and ulting. I kill half the team, we've done it! Or maybe not. My team is still at the choke point, even though there's no choke anymore, they haven't stepped in, so I have to run back to the former position. They just wanted to shoot safe from the choke point, it seems.

Then, we get best random team. I block 18k damage, and Mercy heals and revives like crazy, and people stay behind me and shoot things while others go sideways to kill those trying to burst my shield. What we did? Nothing but play our roles. Yeah, it's tempting to go crush things with your hammer from the backline, but you probably are better covering the dwarf while he builds his turret.

People say this about everything. "If they nerf it something else will take their place" isn't a legitimate rebuttal. Someone will take their place, but they won't be as goddamn ridiculous as the previous character was. See Sagat in Street Fighter IV and Diddy Kong in Super Smash Bros. They were absurdly unfair, and while there have been plenty of top tiers (who have also subsequently been nerfed), nothing has come close to how ridiculous they were, and the games were much, much better for it. No matter how they end up fitting into the metagame, whoever replaces McCree's role will be nowhere near as ridiculous as an AoE stun with an 8 second cooldown and an attack that does around 400? damage in less than a second.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be nerfed, I explicitly said I fully expect him to, just that they need to be careful to not overdo it and make him borderline useless in comp play.

SF4 Sagat, while OP, never got top at any majors and wasn't even top 8 for Evo in 2009 that I can recall, isn't the best example because after he was nerfed he pretty much dropped completely off the competitive scene until a good run by Bonchan and, to an extant, Ryan Hart. I don't want that to happen in this game.

m4st4

7IRC8f4.gif

That is legitimately cool. I want to learn Pharah now.

Yeah, this is definitely your play style problem.

I play aggressively and you better believe I get in the point on KOTH. The great thing about Lucio is that he can heal while shooting so if you're not popping heads while skating around (not mindlessly), you're not using him to his full potential and not helping your team as much as you could be.

This. The best thing about Lucio is that he can be a great support for both offense and defense.

Also if a team wants to won KotH, it needs one, no questions asked.

Gurrry

fuck yes!

got a 500 coin drop in a loot box! gave me just enough to get my Toa skin for Roadhog!

time to go hook people and not sleep

I feel like this is reductive, and doesn't accurately convey what the game offers. The art style and the modes are TF2-like, but the similarities end there.

Nah, there's way more similarities than that. It takes the archetypes of the 9 classes of TF2 and expands them into their own thing, with some being "spinoff" characters and others being completely different. It's not a clone but it's the closest we've ever gotten in gaming. Coming from 500+ hours of TF2 it was immediately obvious Blizzard was going for "our take on TF2".

And there's nothing really wrong with that. Nobody has really captured what made TF2 so special until this came along, and they made it even more addictive to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom