• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I bought two 11 packs and got 4 legendaries and some purple skins. Pretty good haul considering some people here got zilch.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Really not trying to badmouth or trash talk any game, especially one a lot of people like. But holy hell, just stepped into the Battleborn OT out of curiosity, and damn is it depressing compared to this thread. So slow, and not many people participating at all.

Edit; also, 6 soldiers would be tough to beat. They have heals and really no huge weakness.

peakish

Just got this and im so going to use it.

2016-06-0106_29_16-ov8loy4.png
This is the best thing I've seen.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wouldn't 6 Zaryas be pretty beastly if you were coordinated enough? Bubbles everywhere.

Man after 5 hours on Lucio he's gotten extremely boring. For the most part you're just mindlessly skating around trying to not get hit. Someone gets close airblast them. Shit goes down amp it up and ult if you have it. Like 90% of the skill with Lucio is knowing when to ult everything else the hero just plays himself.

I noticed that soldier 76's gun is laser accurate if you tap each shot out really quickly.

If I was a douche I could easily script an auto left click and have laser accurate rapid fire.

Methinks that needs fixin.

Man after 5 hours on Lucio he's gotten extremely boring. For the most part you're just mindlessly skating around trying to not get hit. Someone gets close airblast them. Shit goes down amp it up and ult if you have it. Like 90% of the skill with Lucio is knowing when to ult everything else the hero just plays himself.

Sounds like a play style problem

Luigi87

After playing for three days and only getting one PotG (as Widowmaker), it felt good to get two back to back ones (as Pharah and Reinhardt respectively)

ramyeon

Fuck the skin for Mercy I want that Spray to the right of it.
These are hands down the best D.Va sprays.
sprays-new-dva.png

Second from the left. Is a parody of Korean soju (Alcohol) posters that have idols and celebrities holding the bottles. Although this one says "Cola", the green bottle is a dead giveaway.

http://prntscr.com/b82yo7

Korean writing on the can says "Salt".

So good.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Instead of mindlessly skating around you could help your team and do some damage with your normal fire.

egruntz

shelaughz
Are the only two fucking maps in this game Dorado and Watchpoint? Cause that's all I'm fucking getting. Back and forth.

Raptor

Líke why no body wants ti play support i played líke 3 hours straight as Iucio cause nobody wants to heal.

I want to learn Mcree damn it.

Ivan 3414

Picked Lucio like always.

We have 2 hanzos and a widow.

I politely ask if at least one will switch. No can do - they don't talk or type.

So fuck it, I went sniper, too.

Two of them yell at me in chat, and then quit the game 2 minutes into the first round when we're getting rocked.

EDIT: Also, I said it yesterday but will say it again. I'm a better sniper with Zenyatta than half of the Widow players are.

Lmao. I just finished a game where we captured the last objective as a Widowmaker stood five feet out of the boundary, desperately trying to headshot all five of us.

Sounds like a play style problem

I mean sure there's some times you can go ham and go in to finish someone off but your gun probably has the lowest dps of any gun in the game so you're mainly just spamming it at a range and maybe going in to finish off a wounded player. Wallriding is mostly a gimmick with very little practical application besides sometimes saving yourself when someone tries to push you off a ledge or on some location where you can quickly jump from one wall to the next. Inside control points for Koth it makes you extremely easy to predict so you're better off just staying back. Against any decent team you have to be careful since you're the most important or second most important player on your team and you can't afford to get picked off. Once the novelty of going fast wears off you realize that there just isn't much to his kit besides proper amp and ult usage.

Instead of mindlessly skating around you could help your team and do some damage with your normal fire.

I am firing it's just that for the most part you're either spamming immobile stuff like Torb turret or firing at people that are super far away. Even when you're close up Lucio's dps is really low unless you're managing to hit all 4 shots which is really hard to do on someone that's moving horizontally and even then the reward isn't very high.

Sn4ke_911

Picked Lucio like always.

We have 2 hanzos and a widow.

I politely ask if at least one will switch. No can do - they don't talk or type.

So fuck it, I went sniper, too.

Two of them yell at me in chat, and then quit the game 2 minutes into the first round when we're getting rocked.

EDIT: Also, I said it yesterday but will say it again. I'm a better sniper with Zenyatta than half of the Widow players are.

Dude once used Bastion for attack on Dorado payload and some other guy yelled at him and told him to switch the character, no comment and he kept playing Bastion.

We won that match and he even got Play of the game with Bastion.

After that he was like "Bastion sucks on attack, huh?"

Glorious.

I mean sure there's some times you can go ham and go in to finish someone off but your gun probably has the lowest dps of any gun in the game so you're mainly just spamming it at a range and maybe going in to finish off a wounded player. Wallriding is mostly a gimmick with very little practical application besides sometimes saving yourself when someone tries to push you off a ledge or on some location where you can quickly jump from one wall to the next. Inside control points for Koth it makes you extremely easy to predict so you're better off just staying back. Against any decent team you have to be careful since you're the most important or second most important player on your team and you can't afford to get picked off. Once the novelty of going fast wears off you realize that there just isn't much to his kit besides proper amp and ult usage.

Yeah, this is definitely your play style problem.

I play aggressively and you better believe I get in the point on KOTH. The great thing about Lucio is that he can heal while shooting so if you're not popping heads while skating around (not mindlessly), you're not using him to his full potential and not helping your team as much as you could be.

Sora_N

Líke why no body wants ti play support i played líke 3 hours straight as Iucio cause nobody wants to heal.

I want to learn Mcree damn it.

I wanted to learn/practice bastion but I ended up being on attack so people kept saying no bastion. And when I was on defense no one played healer so I just did it. I feel your pain.

Sn4ke_911

I am firing it's just that for the most part you're either spamming immobile stuff like Torb turret or firing at people that are super far away. Even when you're close up Lucio's dps is really low unless you're managing to hit all 4 shots which is really hard to do on someone that's moving horizontally and even then the reward isn't very high.

Gotta disagree, if your aiming is good Lucio can do some pretty decent damage with his normal fire.

LiK

If I do that the wins goes to shit and suddenly is defeat after defeat.

Maybe I should care less about wins for some time as to learn Mcree :p

Win or lose, just have fun, if you wanna play McCree, go for it. Let someone else take up the slack.

People complaining about McCree are going to regret it when this game becomes unplayable because of Tracer.

Yup and sounds like blizzard is already caving to the cries.

Edit: I am so fn sick of healing in Quick play, these idiots would rather wipe each round dying at the gate than swap to a tank or heals when badly needed, I should just say fuck it and dance around too since I lose either way it seems lol

I noticed that soldier 76's gun is laser accurate if you tap each shot out really quickly.

If I was a douche I could easily script an auto left click and have laser accurate rapid fire.

Methinks that needs fixin.

First 5 rounds, I think? Yes, it promotes use of bursts. That said scripting it to auto burst is probably risking the wrath of god.

People complaining about McCree are going to regret it when this game becomes unplayable because of Tracer.

The suggestion from the quotes that have come out is that they'll be targeting his ability to rapidly demolish tanks, not his ability to take chunk tracers during a fan.

rrs

Dude once used Bastion for attack on Dorado payload and some other guy yelled at him and told him to switch the character, no comment and he kept playing Bastion.

We won that match and he even got Play of the game with Bastion.

After that he was like "Bastion sucks on attack, huh?"

Glorious.
An aggressive bastion can be damn good, although it's way more difficult to set up and way more vulnerable to flanking than a solid attacking class

Zomba13

"Let's open this box and see what steaming pile of shit is inside"

Even with that mindset I'm still consistently disappointed. Each box is more worthless than the last.

ExVicis

As someone who's trying to get used to playing as D.Va, I would be so down with her (and her bunny mech) having an alt. colour that is based off of Asuka from NGE. It seems to obvious to not do.

Speaking of which, what are the best tips for playing as D.Va?

I personally want a Samus skin that way when I'm D.Va and I'm outside of her Mech I wanna have the Blue Zero Suit Samus has.

azyless

Gotta disagree, if your aiming is good Lucio can do some pretty decent damage with his normal fire.
My aim isn't even good and I regularly get bronze/silver medals in the damage/elimination categories while playing with randoms. It probably says more about my teammates than it does about me though lol.

LiK

I knocked someone into my bear trap with the mine and the trophy didn't pop. Feels bad.

There's a bunch of trophies like that that seem glitched or maybe the requirements are more stringent. Heard other people didn't get other trophies to pop even tho they thought they did the action.

Lelcar

An aggressive bastion can be damn good, although it's way more difficult to set up and way more vulnerable to flanking than a solid attacking class
The best way to use Bastion is to not play him right away. If there's no Bastion on the team for 75% of the match and then you switch to Bastion, they will not be ready to defend against it. They will have to reform their defences to combat him and by that time it's too late.

The worst way to use Bastion is to play him right away and never stop, because the other team will adapt and be prepared for it. Hot tip.

Sn4ke_911

Yup and sounds like blizzard is already caving to the cries.

Edit: I am so fn sick of healing in Quick play, these idiots would rather wipe each round dying at the gate than swap to a tank or heals when badly needed, I should just say fuck it and dance around too since I lose either way it seems lol

When even pros use two McCree's in the team there is a problem, this has nothing to do with cries.

The game has 21 heroes, Blizz wants more variety and wants to balance all chars equaly.

McCree can kill a full HP tank with the flash + fan combo, that's a huge problem and should be fixed.

ZangBa

There's a bunch of trophies like that that seem glitched or maybe the requirements are more stringent. Heard other people didn't get other trophies to pop even tho they thought they did the action.

The sheer luck I had for this to happen will probably never occur again. :(

KuroNeeko

I played like 10 games last night and lost 9 of them...

No one wants to pick Support. I'm playing Attack with like two Dwarf Turret builders, a Widowmaker, and a Hanzo....dammit

Picking Lucio so you have kind of have a chance only to lose sucks balls. I just want to play Mei or practice with some other characters... ; . ;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe if DVa's mech always triggered a mini explosion whenever she emergency ejects out of it, she'd be more viable.

Or she could drop her mech at range Titanfall style. I don't know how she'd get to it but how sick would that be?

The suggestion from the quotes that have come out is that they'll be targeting his ability to rapidly demolish tanks, not his ability to take chunk tracers during a fan.
I know that's what they're reassuring us with right now, but after playing against a really great Tracer just now, I'm worried.

Yeah, this is definitely your play style problem.

I play aggressively and you better believe I get in the point on KOTH. The great thing about Lucio is that he can heal while shooting so if you're not popping heads while skating around (not mindlessly), you're not using him to his full potential and not helping your team as much as you could be.

There's a McCree in almost all of the games I play. You play agro vs a McCree you get deleted. I play aggressive when I see an opening all the time but that's still not that interesting once the novelty of "omg I'm a support but I can kill people" wears off. At this point I feel like my Lucio is as good as it's ever going to get because the skill cap for the hero is just super low. He's the easiest character to play optimally since it's just skating around dodging shots and spamming at people. Most the times to go aggressive are clear, and the situations to back off are clear as well. Positioning isn't very important because you can get to wherever you need to very quickly. Gunplay isn't necessary because even if you land your shots perfectly you're dealing half of what a real dps would normally do. The difference between a great Mercy and a bad Mercy is night and day. The difference between a good Lucio and a bad Lucio is almost nonexistent. There's just very little you can get out of the character that has a meaningful impact on the game when you're already using your ults at the proper time.

Sn4ke_911

Would be cool if D.Va can eject out of the mech at any time.

Maximo

Does ANYBODY have worse luck then I do ?
Seriously level 37 with only ONE Legendary and ONLY 830 Currency and thats without spending any of it, is there ANYONE with more shit luck then I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom