• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

When even pros use two McCree's in the team there is a problem, this has nothing to do with cries.

The game has 21 heroes, Blizz wants more variety and wants to balance all chars equaly.

McCree can kill a full HP tank with the flash + fan combo, that's a huge problem and should be fixed.

The game tells you to use him agaisnt tanks, yeah he shouldn't kill them but to be honest, in pub groups I have saved my team by jumping in and shredding tanks. You still have to be aware, people say its easy, its not, even against idiots. Even average tanks are usually near their group unless theg are diva, if a Reinhardt wants to be a moron and charge before his sheild breaks leaving his party behind while spamming "group up with me", he deserves to melt. But there is no way in hell I'm going try rushing in to force a tank 1 vs 1 in a group enemy push.

I have to hide and pick my targets wisely, I have to hunt them down in corridors etc. I very rarely run out into the fray. I jump in to punish Mei's screwing with my allies and some healers then run back into the background. Most of the time people forget about me unitl its high noon time.

Mutombo

I'm starting to like Zarya, but feel her barriers are quite hard to use. Charge into bastion turret; pop a barrier; still die after the second it goes down. So, lesson learned, don't do that again. But the barriers are so short, and my teammates always go for cover when i've shielded them, that I hardly ever get that damage boost. On consoles, i feel like they could decrease the cooldown timer or something. Because aiming is hard with that beam.

Rizzi

I finally did it, Gaf. I finally got PotG with the objectively best skin/intro combo.

7IRC8f4.gif

The actual PotG was a wow-so-impressive multikill Pharrah ult no one's ever seen that before.

Yeah, I love that skin.

Ullus

Playing Widowmaker vs Widowmaker makes me so salty, can't tell you how many times I've got headshot hitmarkers on the enemy, only to get killed and see the enemy with full health in the replay.

I'm starting to like Zarya, but feel her barriers are quite hard to use. Charge into bastion turret; pop a barrier; still die after the second it goes down. So, lesson learned, don't do that again. But the barriers are so short, and my teammates always go for cover when i've shielded them, that I hardly ever get that damage boost. On consoles, i feel like they could decrease the cooldown timer or something. Because aiming is hard with that beam.

Zarya needs some time to learn, yeah. You'll need to be able to tell what people want to do by how they position the characters and improve your general game sense to really learn how to use her. Or just play with a group.

She becomes a great big bully when you figure it all out, though.

Ullus

Team up with a Roadhog and pop your shield on him. Gonna build charge in no time.

Mei is either a horrible person to have on your team or the best person. I had one immediately put an ice wall up after I used Earthshatter on like three dudes. :(

and she didn't press e

Peterpan

What's with the McCree hate? Should I feel bad for fanning the hammer on you guys?

McCree doesn't have much to him so if they decide to weaken (nerf) him, I hope they give him other tools. Or balance him out in other ways. Maybe make fan the hammer have a longer recharge time, will please people. I don't know I'm not a game designer.

One toss away feature I'm probably alone hoping they add in are loadouts for cosmetics. Would love to easily alternate between missile barragin' Mech Pharah and Anubis Batman who loves to style on you with her flourish skillz.

eek5

I...didn't know this was a thing, holy shit.

Yeah I turned the toggle beam on and turned the fly to teammate one prioritizing beam to off so now I can just aim at a teammate and hit buff/heal and then use my shift to zoom around to other people without having to hold any buttons down. I'm liking it a lot more since I'm bad at focusing on multiple things at once.

Some other characters have really helpful ones too like soldier can turn health bars on for teammates which allows you to drop heal rings for people in need.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm constantly seeing people 'fill' support with Zenyatta and just like, god. Please. Don't. I love Zenyatta, but stop. Though I'd be a little less salty about this if out of the three Zenyattas I got teamed with today, any of them actually knew how to apply his healing. Like, not even in any common sense critical health situations which you can clearly see as a support. Who needs the orb more? A full-up Soldier? Or me, Winston, who is 30 HP away from dying. Yep, guess it's Soldier.

Would have swapped to Lucio or Mercy myself if I weren't also the only person willing to play a tank on my team. :(

Mutombo

Zarya needs some time to learn, yeah. You'll need to be able to tell what people want to do by how they position the characters and improve your general game sense to really learn how to use her. Or just play with a group.

She becomes a great big bully when you figure it all out, though.

I find she's a bit worse on consoles though. That beam needs pinpoint accuracy, and on ps4 it's more difficult to aim than on pc. Sure, I get kills, but definitely not like in that video clip.

Gotta love it when people deflect.
pchs9gq.jpg

Funny part is I was playing Reinhardt. I was doing pretty good keeping the point. Shame we had no healer.

Xevren

Yeah I turned the toggle beam on and turned the fly to teammate one prioritizing beam to off so now I can just aim at a teammate and hit buff/heal and then use my shift to zoom around to other people without having to hold any buttons down. I'm liking it a lot more since I'm bad at focusing on multiple things at once.

Some other characters have really helpful ones too like soldier can turn health bars on for teammates which allows you to drop heal rings for people in need.

Yea I ended up looking through them all to see what all exists, glad you said something. Making Mercy's beam a toggle will definitely make life easier.

B.O.O.M

Symmetra is growing on me. She is bloody useless in some maps but in some she is great. Especially for defense.

oh and also Lucio kicking Mei and her mech off the face of the map = feels good man

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
pchs9gq.jpg

Funny part is I was playing Reinhardt. I was doing pretty good keeping the point. Shame we had no healer.

But then you do get the guys who like to tell everyone what to pick but aren't willing to change.

Peterpan

Is anyone else playing the weekly brawl. There's some really bad Genjis and Hanzos out there. It's even a little amusing watching people run around like headless chickens. Makes me feel better about my Genji and Hanzo.

Moonlight

Banned
pchs9gq.jpg

Seriously, it's the worst. Don't give the only person on the team willing to play a tank/utility shit for not swapping when you refuse to budge on dumb shit like Hanzo (that you're bad with) or Reaper (that you're bad with).

Not enough utility-minded players in the game. :(

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Líke why no body wants ti play support i played líke 3 hours straight as Iucio cause nobody wants to heal.

I want to learn Mcree damn it.
Just choose McCree and fuck team balance for a few matches -- someone else will step in and be a healer. That's what happened to me too -- I was stuck playing Mercy half the time because of the exact problem you mentioned. Let someone else do it for awhile.

ExVicis

Spent most of his time talking about the game's price and microtransactions.

I really don't get why some people are super hot and bothered about them. Literally everything is cosmetic, there's no advantages to having any of it.
It's not even a new concept. TF2 has an even crazier version of this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom