• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

No one trys to, but sometimes people find themselves in those situations. McCree doesn't have enough health to get closer in time if 76 spots him far enough away.

Why would you run right at him? You should be hugging corners with McCree to not only protect yourself but guard against flankers. So duck back and try to loop around on the Solider.

Can anyone confirm if Soldier 76 ult makes his rockets automatically seek the enemy in line of sight? I mean like following a moving target.

They'll be directed AT the target, but not seek them. They're still a dumb fire projectile. This can actually work against you because it means you won't lead a moving target and won't aim at their feet for the splash so if they're not a large target, moving, and not right in your face, you're pretty much guaranteed to miss, shooting at where they currently are. Save your helix rockets for the right moment.

It only works with line of sight, and a shield will block it.

Does it affect bastion in sentry mode? He and I were at opposite ends of the back of B in Hanamura, with the raised dais/shrine between us. Both in clear line of sight of eachother, but when I earthshattered, nothing happened.

packy34

Why would you run right at him? You should be hugging corners with McCree to not only protect yourself but guard against flankers. So duck back and try to loop around on the Solider.

Again, these are all hypothetical situations. From a purely statistical standpoint, 76 wins against McCree anywhere except up close. McCree *can* situationally escape him, sure, but that's not the usual or expected outcome.

Hate that frog. And I have both. Using default Lucio atm.

It upsets me that his frogs and his hockey outfits don't interest me at all. I'd love a legendary skin for him that was amazing.

I finally started playing Pharah because I got her amazing Raptorin skin.

maxresdefault.jpg

Again, these are all hypothetical situations. From a purely statistical standpoint, 76 wins against McCree anywhere except up close. McCree *can* situationally escape him, sure, but that's not the usual or expected outcome.

The problem is a smart mccree will not be playing in the open where a 76 can make smart use of his range. A smart mccree will wait until you round the corner and then rock your world. If you're also trying to poke as s76 from midrange, you have to be careful, because it's easy to accidentally get close enough that a combat roll will get him in flash range.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because of the way the game is played, burst damage is more important than raw DPS. It's true 76 outputs more damage at midrange, but he has to deal with individual bullets, and bullet spread. McCree's damage is limited solely by the players' aim, because it suffers from no recoil. McCree landing a lucky headshot is so much more important than 76 landing a few stray shots, a few of which hit the head. It's the difference between a kill and free charge for Mercy/Lucio. To compete, Soldier has Helix Rockets but the cooldown is very long, and it has travel time.
Why does D.VA need a buff?

She's kind of a one-button hero right now. You pick her for two reasons, busting entrenched defenses with her ult or because you really like D.Va.

There's no situation I can think of where people would go "damn, I really need to pick D.Va here or we'll lose!", outside of the aforementioned bunker buster, and making a hero mostly about her ult instead of her entire kit is kind of dull, monotonous design.

She's kind of a one-button hero right now. You pick her for two reasons, busting entrenched defenses with her ult or because you really like D.Va.

There's no situation I can think of where people would go "damn, I really need to pick D.Va here or we'll lose!", outside of the aforementioned bunker buster, and making a hero mostly about her ult instead of her entire kit is kind of dull, monotonous design.

Especially when no one's actually died to a d.va ult since beta. :\

EU GAF how can I play with you guys and girls?

Are you on PC? Go to your battle.net launcher, and above the Play button, use the drop down menu to change your region from Americas to Europe.

Nevermind, dumb reply.

Her mech eats Winston's lightning for breakfast. In general she can soak up a lot of damage, you just can't actually be facing forward or her stupidly big critical box is exposed. Works well when you're dashing away though.

D.va's Strengths:
She can tank Winston's lightning gun.
She has a lot of hp and armor.
She's great at running away.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Because her mech is weak to pretty much everything, her defense matrix doesn't last long and only protects 25% of her frame, and she does pretty shit damage unless she's standing literally on top of something.

Her mech eats Winston's lightning for breakfast. In general she can soak up a lot of damage, you just can't actually be facing forward or her stupidly big critical box is exposed. Works well when you're dashing away though.

Braag

HIm wiping out MOST people who close his fine. Him wiping out tanks who close is Blizzard's issue. McCree can 100-0 any character in the game with his abilities with relative impunity. Tanks won't even be a counter to McCree. Making it so that fan roll fan doesn't 100% kill them won't make going toe to toe with him wise. It'll just make him slightly less ludicrous and the slightly less the obvious best pick basically all the time.

I agree that he shouldn't be able to take out tanks quote as easily as he does. But tweaking him too much might not be a good idea either cause McCrees role is to take out annoying characters like Tracers and Genjis which are fast and also Mei which is hard to fight at close range (though Reaper is good against Mei too)
Putting a CD of 3-4 sec to the FTH is fine and prevents him from spamming it with the roll and keeps him as he should be against squishy enemies who get too close to him.

It's kinda like roadhog, if you're a 200hp character and he gets you with the hook, you know you're dead. Running into McCree at close range means the same thing if his flashbang isn't at CD.

Playing a PUG where 4 of us refuse to run anything other than Tracer.

We're on a dominate winning spree.

This is what Overwatch is all about. I've never loved this game more than I do now.

Blizzard

Banned
Especially when no one's actually died to a d.va ult since beta. :\
That's an exaggeration. :p I got a triple kill with it to get play of the game and seal a defense on payload tonight.

Playing a PUG where 4 of us refuse to run anything other than Tracer.

We're on a dominate winning spree.

This is what Overwatch is all about. I've never loved this game more than I do now.
Imagine that with nerfed flashbang!

Haly

Maybe they could just make flashbang an actual flashbang and white out the screen/suppress sound.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe they could just make flashbang an actual flashbang and white out the screen/suppress sound.
That removes the Tracer/Genji hard counter effect then.

AND it has the effect of making me feel like I'm going to have a seizure from the sudden white pulse, like CSGO. I wish all-white flashbangs had a solid black option instead.

Liethe

On the subject of Flashbang, Why does McCree have it in the first place? Thematically it'd make more sense on 76. McCree needs a different ability. Lasso?

Haly

On the subject of Flashbang, Why does McCree have it in the first place? Thematically it'd make more sense on 76. McCree needs a different ability. Lasso?
Lol giving McCree hook would be the peak of hilarity.

Hook and Fan!
AND it has the effect of making me feel like I'm going to have a seizure from the sudden white pulse, like CSGO. I wish all-white flashbangs had a solid black option instead.

Yes, this is why I don't like it much.

This was discussed earlier in the conversation actually, but... dunno. It may not exactly be thematically totally in line with him, but he's not just a cowboy sheriff type. He's a cyborg cowboy sheriff type. And a lasso... a little too pastiche, and a little too mini-roadhog.

Haly

Give him some a bolas that suppresses movement and stuns (shorter). This way he can stop Genjis and Tracers without stopping Reinhardts, Reapers, Roadhogs, and whatnot.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Because he's a dirty fighter.

Maybe they can make the stun something like throwing sand in the opponent's eyes.

Lelcar

Has anybody ever fought five Bastions and a Mercy? I would think that group would be unstoppable if you're strategic enough.

Hell, four Bastions and two Mercys

Liethe

Lol giving McCree hook would be the peak of hilarity.

Hook and Fan!

This was discussed earlier in the conversation actually, but... dunno. It may not exactly be thematically totally in line with him, but he's not just a cowboy sheriff type. He's a cyborg cowboy sheriff type. And a lasso... a little too pastiche, and a little too mini-roadhog.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Lasso is a little on-the-nose maybe.. but it could just tie people to be within a certain distance from McCree for a while, not stop their movement entirely like a Hook.

EDIT: Yes, Haly! I like the idea of Bolas! Just make it slow 'em, no stun needed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
streamers and overwatch youtube channels arent helping with the whole loot box thing with all those unboxing videos are they? I mean, it gets views, so thats all they are about and thats fine, but for example that Overwatch Central channel you guys talked about has a unboxing video now, MFpallytime started to do some Overwatch coverage (which excited me because im a fan) but so far its been 1 match video (1 week ago almost) and then...2 loot box unboxing videos >_>

edit: I played a little tiny bit of mcree, but one of the first things I noticed was I walked behind a Reinhardt, did the combo and deleted him. Rein, with all his health and armor and shit. Im fine with Mcree one shotting most heroes but come on, deleting tanks like that seems silly

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Lasso is a little on-the-nose maybe.. but it could just tie people to be within a certain distance from McCree for a while, not stop their movement entirely like a Hook.

EDIT: Yes, Haly! I like the idea of Bolas! Just make it slow 'em, no stun needed.

It'd need to disable or steeply inhibit movement abilities like blink, recall, and swift strike too.

edit: I played a little tiny bit of mcree, but one of the first things I noticed was I walked behind a Reinhardt, did the combo and deleted him. Rein, with all his health and armor and shit. Im fine with Mcree one shotting most heroes but come on, deleting tanks like that seems silly

No it's fine McCree is supposed to be the duelist it's okay that he can have a free kill on literally anyone once every 8 seconds.

By the way, throw the flashbang over the shield against reinhardt to deal with that pesky shield wielder even easier!

will you stop playing mcree if hes nerfed? Thats the question isnt it. Do you play him because hes so good, or because you like him?

Ideally he'd still be plenty good enough to remain appealing to all the McCree players who like McCree, just not the obvious right choice for every situation.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes i do.

Dang.

will you stop playing mcree if hes nerfed? Thats the question isnt it. Do you play him because hes so good, or because you like him?

No it's fine McCree is supposed to be the duelist it's okay that he can have a free kill on literally anyone once every 8 seconds.

I cant tell if thats sarcasm or not, but if its not you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I deleted that Rein like everyother character would need a ult to do. Can Widowmaker even headshot one-shot a Reinhardt? I know hanzo cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom