• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenom

On the subject of Flashbang, Why does McCree have it in the first place? Thematically it'd make more sense on 76. McCree needs a different ability. Lasso?

This could actually work, like a hogtie for the same period as the stun. Only you have to directly hit the enemy with it.

Rocketz

Nooooooooo I just got one of the worst Symmetra legendary skins, Vishkar. I'm so disappointed. I would have loved Devi or Goddess.

I continue to get Torbjörn skins though. I only have one rare then the legendary ones left. I don't really like playing him.

Blizzard pls

Liethe

Nooooooooo I just got one of the worst Symmetra legendary skins, Vishkar. I'm so disappointed. I would have loved Devi or Goddess.

I continue to get Torbjörn skins though. I only have one rare then the legendary ones. I don't really like playing him.

Blizzard pls
This is what I'm afraid of, too. I havent played a huge amount yet, I'm at lv18 or something I think, but no legendaries yet. I'm scared when I do get one it'll be something I really dislike.

Matt Frost

Level 27, no purple or gold skins at all. Nothing so far. Just whites and blues... Common Blizzard, at least give me just 1, for example the Mecha Queen? Please?

Ken

Reinhardt is pretty squishy to most of the cast if you get past his barrier.

will you stop playing mcree if hes nerfed? Thats the question isnt it. Do you play him because hes so good, or because you like him?

I cant tell if thats sarcasm or not, but if its not you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I deleted that Rein like everyother character would need a ult to do. Can Widowmaker even headshot one-shot a Reinhardt? I know hanzo cant.

liezryou

I continue to get Torbjörn skins though. I only have one rare then the legendary ones left. I don't really like playing him.

Blizzard pls

I just a got a full replicate box of 2 rares 2 commons XD.

Blizzard pls

whaa

that's a great skin.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
why are people thinking that your level = skill?
I've seen people with level 9 play awesome and people with lvl 32 play like an ape in front of the computer
sry winston

I mean..you level only shows how much you've played...

Level 27, no purple or gold skins at all. Nothing so far. Just whites and blues... Common Blizzard, at least give me just 1, for example the Mecha Queen? Please?

tumblr_inline_n4ehtyd35n1qhyycq.gif

I'm so sorry :(

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
oh and about the D.VA buff..how about her defence matrix giving you health
healing you
for every shot you caught+ faster movement while shooting instead of upping her dmg output?

Ken

I've seen people with level 9 play awesome and people with lvl 32 play like an ape in front of the computer
sry winston

Because one would be optimistic that a player is decent after x hours of time.

sry winston

Isn't it only logical to assume that the more you play the better you become?

Those low level good players are most likely coming from the beta.

healing you
for every shot you caught+ faster movement while shooting instead of upping her dmg output?

Better yet, give her the ability to shoot through it while it's active.

healing you

It would be interesting, but if she's in bad place I don't think that's the only thing they can give her. It being useful relies upon the enemy team feeding it.

Isn't it only logical to assume that the more you play the better you become?

Those low level good players are most likely coming from the beta.

Sort of yes, sort of no. People will get better as they play, but an enormous amount of transferable skill which some players will just never accumulate no matter how much they play. Game sense, spatial awareness, and aim are just beyond some people's grasp or scope of interest.

Blizzard pls

Not just one of the worst Symmetra skins, one of the worst skins period. Vishkar looks like a Mass Effect doctor's outfit. Bland as hell.

I think all turret classes should play like this: hold off or delay the enemy as far forward as you can and always be ready to setup a new hard point closer to the objective (rolling barricades).

I agree. As Symmetra I always start with turrets by their spawn door, then drop slightly back to either place more turrets or to replace ones that are destroyed. As an added bonus, being that aggressive with turrets on defence means you get your teleporter incredibly quickly. There have been instances where I've had my teleporter active within 10 seconds of the match starting (admittedly, this is against weak teams that panic and don't take out the turrets, but still)

I'm level 21 and I've got 3 legendary skins, i think i'm doing pretty well with the old RNG.

- Roadhog Toa

- Reinhardt Stonehardt

- Genji sparrow

The Rizza

Level 19 and have gotten 3 legendary skins. Two of them aren't the best. The Sparrow Genji and Vishkar Symmetra, but I absolutely love the Ra Zenyatta one I got

hbkdx12

Started playing this yesterday and been primarily sticking to playing against AI and getting a feel for which heroes i like and how they work.

Took me to about 8 levels before i realized that the AI characters are always the same and there's a ton of hereos the AI doesn't use or rotate in (i'm guessing it would have been too complicated to program them all or something)

It's nice that they give you xp for it but i wish the Ai was a bit more sophisticated and did a better job of simulating human behavior. The AI doesn't even split up and use different routes. They literally run in a straight line right behind one another. Any well timed AOE ultimate can easily net you a team kill and the inevitable play of the game.

Speaking of which, does play of the game ever amount to anything more than getting a bunch of kills in quick succession?

healing you

I think at least it staying active when flying to rush down turrets would be nice.
Having it active when shooting would be way too OP.

Also, What's the est way to take out a turret solo?
Ive played in shit teams where people ignore it and then get crushed.
Ive tried widowmaker and Pharah but without anyone distracting it or a shield to hide behind i get nearly killed as soon as it has line of sight.

Klyka

Banned
I think at least it staying active when flying to rush down turrets would be nice.
Having it active when shooting would be way too OP.

It absolutely does that.

You can rush straight at a turret or bastion or anyone really and just have your defense matrix up the whole flight.

It absolutely does that.

You can rush straight at a turret or bastion or anyone really and just have your defense matrix up the whole flight.

Although Bastion will likely kill you before you can really do anything if you try that. At best, you could distract him for a couple seconds.

SPCTRE

Dont forget to Guardian Angel between teamates! With a good group, you can effecively heal teamates while staying far from combat or retreat when things hit the fan.
will do! I love to Guardian Angel up to teammates with hover/fly type abilities.

I sometimes still have trouble with situational awareness, but that should get better as I learn the maps.

Blizzard has fucking done it again, I can't remember the last time a game made that kind of an impression this early on.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
strange that people don't like the overtime mechanic. I think it is genius...I lost because of it and I've won because of it and every time it was really great.

zoukka

It absolutely does that.

And then be dead 1 second after the barrier goes down.

D.Va is fine imo. The only bad thing about her really is the fact that after the mech dies, there's quite little you can do and the benefit of not dying means nothing in OW.

Nyx

D.Va is fine imo. The only bad thing about her really is the fact that after the mech dies, there's quite little you can do and the benefit of not dying means nothing in OW.

What? D. Va's handgun is great, one of the best in the game imo.

She can destroy a turret before it destroys her mech assuming no one else is shooting at her.

Plus, she's surprisingly effective outside of her mech because of how small and fast she is.

Soma

that's REALLY rare to happen, because people usually know to hide when they see the mecha or hear the "nerf this"..

Her ult being the only really legit thing about her, does not mean she doesn't mean a buff :p

i'm just saying that if they're planning to make a character that i currently use a lot and manage to perform...moderately well with better than they already are then i'm totally cool with that.

also i just really wanted to show off that scavenger skin lol

Fliesen

strange that people don't like the overtime mechanic. I think it is genius...I lost because of it and I've won because of it and every time it was really great.

best feature of the game imho.

there's no "we would've won if only the timer hadn't ..." shit, when you're doing your final desperate push.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
She can destroy a turret before it destroys her mech assuming no one else is shooting at her.

Plus, she's surprisingly effective outside of her mech because of how small and fast she is.

and accurate her handgun. A lot of widowmaker died to my handgun because they underestimated my aim :D That's why I hope they'll give me the option one day to leave my mecha without it exploding first.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny because D Va was far and away the most OP tank during the beta weekend

Back and forth. They say anything about Widowmaker body shots?

It'll be interesting to see how they nerf McCree. He is my most played and I imagine it will stay that way regardless of the changes, his just good fun!

I think the effect radius for his flash bang needs to be reduced a little. I could see / understand them reducing the damage of his right click too. Makes sense to smoke the 150 / 200 health, but maybe Right click > Roll > Right click should not be able to solo take down Reinhart from full health, could do with a reduction there.

Im not sure if its been nurfed since this tutorial has been made but her pistol is/was really effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rT4Hux1ik

Edit- actually this was the out of mech vid, both are worth watching though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8-S6KLBdhY

Zomba13

40 boxes and just got my second legendary. Dwarf black biker skin. Lucky it's a skin for a character I enjoy using.

Klyka

Banned
I hate how many times I have been telefragged by D.VA calling her mech in eventhough I was clearly a couple meters away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom