• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyka

Banned
I too hate how many times this has happened to me.

Exactly once. She called her mech and it knocked me off the map.

did you know you can literally run up to a reinhardt who has his shield up and call in your mech and he will probably die to the telefrag?

I've seen it done by a friend of mine

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Damn, a week later and now people are real assholes to other teammates. Constant complaining about players playing certain heroes on a map. I wish there was an easier way to mute people besides going to the social menu. It puts me off playing the game as a solo queue player

Maybe they can leave D.Va's mech as is and somehow buff her when she's out of the mech?

I really liked playing with her in the beta but she is sorta boring to play.

Her ultimate is also really easy to avoid.

zoukka

Damn, a week later and now people are real assholes to other teammates. Constant complaining about players playing certain heroes on a map. I wish there was an easier way to mute people besides going to the social menu. It puts me off playing the game as a solo queue player

Be glad that Blizz decided to hide in-match stats for the players. Everything would be much worse.

peakish

PC? Right click their names in chat.

I like playing D.Va out of the mech. One time I won a 1v1 against a Pharah in a hallway so you shouldn't underestimate her. She is hard to hit and is does good damage.

Nyx

Maybe they can leave D.Va's mech as is and somehow buff her when she's out of the mech?

I really liked playing with her in the beta but she is sorta boring to play.

Her ultimate is also really easy to avoid.

Her ult is easy to avoid if you see it coming early. That's why people need to boost it through windows and such, I still get multikills a lot using it.

Ken

I kind of regret getting Scavenger D.va cause her epic skins are way better. That shiny derrière and long hair.

nOoblet16

I know, she does crazy damage, but the projectiles are slow and she has not escape/defence. Any competent player will kill you if they find you.

You can actually use the slow projectile to your advantage...if it was fast you'd need to actually face your opponents while firing. With how slow these projectiles are you can fire in an arc or around a corner before the enemy gets to the point where you are aiming and run away.

Just played a game where two people had the screen names "Lonely", and "Depression".

It was also in this same game that I was enthusiastically requesting that our Mercy heal me, as I was Reinhardt, the tank, holding off the enemies as best as I could, while she attached her healing beam to a Hanzo.

Sigh.

Maybe one day Blizzard will look at McCree and decide that shit burst fire ability shouldn't be able to take out almost the entire cast in one blast.

Hyun Sai

Be glad that Blizz decided to hide in-match stats for the players. Everything would be much worse.

I don't even want to imagine that, given all the morons not giving a fuck about the objective and the few people willing to play support classes.

--------------------------------------------
Ah, and coming from Destiny, I have to say : Thank GOD there is no ADS in this. I was extremely disappointed by its inclusion latest Bungie game, especially after Halo. I feel so much more mobile it's refreshing.

Maybe one day Blizzard will look at McCree and decide that shit burst fire ability shouldn't be able to take out almost the entire cast in one blast.

Perhaps you shouldn't let a Mcree sneak up on you.

That grind is becoming more and more egregious as time goes on. How many games does it take for level 50 players to get a free crate?

AFAIK the grind stops at level 20. Level 20 - 21 is the same as 50-51 until it resets at 100 when you prestige.

Heng

Snipers on Gibraltar attack

Why
To take out enemy snipers and bastion/turrets? (Not trying to be condescending, just the only reason I can think of) There are other classes better suited for this job, but it's usually the role I try to fill if I don't have to tank or heal.

That grind is becoming more and more egregious as time goes on. How many games does it take for level 50 players to get a free crate?
At 22k XP per level and earning about 2.2k XP per game, around 10 or so.

kromeo

I rarely hear randoms using voice chat but theres a lot of people write some variation of fuck you all at the end then leave when your team loses

Copenap

Afaik it's constant starting at lvl 23. I'm lvl 17 and it already feels like forever. Though I did get 2 last night in about 2.5 hours.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's kinda bullshit that you can't get medals for players teleported nor damage blocked. Or have more exp rewarded for those 2.

Huge factors that decides games but you can let people vote for you instead. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Widowmaker continues to be by far my biggest problem, and this isnt a call for nerfs, just stating a fact (for me)

kromeo

Widowmaker continues to be by far my biggest problem, and this isnt a call for nerfs, just stating a fact (for me)

What annoys me most is they seem to permanently have their ultimate up, dont know if it charges quickly or its just because they get so many kills

They kill me 10x as much as any other class

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Some people are deadset on certain characters no matter what

There's always a Widowmaker or Hanzo locked in guarantee no matter what
Then if its say Ilios, they will camp a high point and just snipe away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom