• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenap

this is a service announcement for all you gaffers because I care about you all. While playing for hours, don't forget to drink water.

H2g0OtZ.gif
You are not my mom!

Close range, yes. Mid-range? Eh. He's still strong there but several heroes beat him if he can't get close enough to use the flashbang. 76, Pharah and Junkrat all have his number.
This seems like a common misconception, probably because most people play McCree as a pure anti-flanker who stuns and fans.

While my average fan the hammer kills per game is 8, my average total eliminations with McCree is 16.45. The difference is in the mid-range, where I'll happily left-click on any distant target that isn't Widowmaker. And sometimes even Widowmaker.

packy34

This seems like a common misconception, probably because most people play McCree as a pure anti-flanker who stuns and fans.

While my average fan the hammer kills per game is 8, my average total eliminations with McCree is 16.45. The difference is in the mid-range, where I'll happily left-click on any distant target that isn't Widowmaker. And sometimes even Widowmaker.

It's not a misconception. Maybe you are a better player than the people you've been playing against, but from a statistical standpoint, those characters are better than McCree at mid-range. 76 puts out way more DPS and has a reasonably accurate weapon. 2 shots from Pharah will drop McCree, and it can be hard to hit her if the player using her is actually good - using her boost to move rather than just hover. And Junkrat only needs to get 2 grenades on him, and he can often use walls/other terrain to get shots on him safely.

aeolist

Banned

especially pharah

i have no idea why people think she's good against mccree, she gets destroyed by hitscan guns

burn.money

Neo Member
man... why is it that 90% of reapers are always just a stick in the mud... was having fun in a match last night as Zarya just kickin ass. kept my charge up for 70% of the game, and got 4 black hole setups for the reaper on our team. and just nothing. like stick in the mud no fun. like dood wouldnt even trash talk for the POTG that i set him up for...

packy34

especially pharah

i have no idea why people think she's good against mccree, she gets destroyed by hitscan guns

She's good against him because he has such low HP. Rockets melt him. Of course she still loses to him if she gets too close.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I've had that happen a few times as Hanzo, especially on Hanamura where you can contest the objective while popping in and out of cover. When it gets frentic, Hanzo is able to pull off a lot of these one-hit kills in rapid succession and I'm not really that skiled - it's just the combination of hitbox, netcode and peeker's advantage.

I've had some games with widowmaker that seemed like I couldn't miss, and I know that it happens. It was frustrating, and I just want to justify my shortcomings by calling him a cheater lol.

Was it between the first and second points of Temple of Anubis, while you were attacking? Because I had some hilarious game with 25 Hanzo kills just running around that area and flanking the attackers. Like BrassDragon says, you sometimes just go off with Hanzo because of how loose the aim is.

I was defending the last point on Volskaya Industries as Junkrat

LiK

I finally did it, Gaf. I finally got PotG with the objectively best skin/intro combo.

7IRC8f4.gif

The actual PotG was a wow-so-impressive multikill Pharrah ult no one's ever seen that before.

alright, this is badass. i'm gonna buy this intro

Lazzy128

Banned
I really really hope they add a solo playlist at some point. Would be nice to know that everybody i'm playing against is randoms rather then properly organised teams.

I have a 54% win rate though so not doing to bad.

Braag

AFAIK the grind stops at level 20. Level 20 - 21 is the same as 50-51 until it resets at 100 when you prestige.

The grind stops at level 24. You need 22k exp to level up from 24 - 25 and the exp requirment for each level after that will remain at 22k.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really really hope they add a solo playlist at some point. Would be nice to know that everybody i'm playing against is randoms rather then properly organised teams.

I have a 54% win rate though so not doing to bad.

if you are solo, you are either:

A) against other solos

B) stuck with a 4 or 5 man premade, in which case the enemy team is the same

Mupod

I finally did it, Gaf. I finally got PotG with the objectively best skin/intro combo.

The actual PotG was a wow-so-impressive multikill Pharrah ult no one's ever seen that before.

I have Raptorion but as soon as I got it I bought that intro. And then I got POTG 3 times in a short timespan (granted I get it all the time in Pharah normally).

Lelcar

Hahaha so I got matched into a low level game and I kept winning the games for my team getting 30 kill streaks and after a couple games it kicked me out saying "Searching for a more balanced game"

At least they're doing something to balance it out, it's still pretty bad though, but hey, this is a huge game and it just came out so time will fix this, no biggie

People seem to find D.Va low tier, but I have had more success with her than pretty much everybody else. When I pick her i tend to get 3-4 gold medals a lot. She is fantastic on objective, flanking, and escapability is some of the best. She basically has two lives, so you can almost always keep her in the action.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright so I picked this up despite having major reservations over whether or not I'd enjoy it/it'd be worth the money.

I shouldn't have worried. I love it. Playing as Mercy is so damn satisfying.

Zemm

Terrible tickrate and no custom server browser are the real downsides of this game.

yeah my one wish for the game would be community servers. The only reason I played TF2 for 5 years is because I played on one server where I knew 90% of the players on it.

Ken

oh wow you can change reticle

changed my s76 to a circle cause for some reason i can't hit anything with crosshairs

nOoblet16

Mercy's wings in game look so unimpressive compared to how it looks in the menu and trailers. They look so I don't know boney and narrow rather than appearing wide.

She's good against him because he has such low HP. Rockets melt him. Of course she still loses to him if she gets too close.
But Pharah is more dangerous to McCree up close, where her rockets have effectively no travel time and she can just aim at scenery. At range, they have the same HP, but she's moving in largely predictable arcs (or slowly hovering) and firing a weapon with long travel time. His gun is hitscan. Range favors McCree.

Card Boy

Banned
19 kill streak, fark! So close to that 20 kill streak trophy! I had a turrent on top of a Payload and a Reinhardt was defending me, my turret and the payload. Game ended early cause we DETROYED the enemy.

jediyoshi

Mercy's wings in game look so unimpressive compared to how it looks in the menu and trailers. They look so I don't know boney and narrow rather than appearing wide.

I assumed it's deliberate so it doesn't give the appearance of having a bigger hitbox than it actually does.

People seem to find D.Va low tier, but I have had more success with her than pretty much everybody else. When I pick her i tend to get 3-4 gold medals a lot. She is fantastic on objective, flanking, and escapability is some of the best. She basically has two lives, so you can almost always keep her in the action.

Same here. I always start with other heroes because I want to learn them and have as much fun with the game as possible but if things start to get ugly then I change to D.Va and, most of the time, I do much much better than with the rest.

66 pages already, my god. Has there been a faster thread before?

SDCowboy

So I'm focusing today on attempting to not be terrible with Hanzo. Even if I have to endure round of round of sucking. Wish me luck. lol

7IRC8f4.gif

That's a really badass combo of skin/intro... but let's not pretend that your name isn't making it more badass.

I need a Fail of the Game for my name to have some synergy.

People find Torb to be low tier as well, but find I have my best games as him. Got my 20 kill streak with him. MOLTEN CORE!!!!

But Pharah is more dangerous to McCree up close, where her rockets have effectively no travel time and she can just aim at scenery. At range, they have the same HP, but she's moving in largely predictable arcs (or slowly hovering) and firing a weapon with long travel time. His gun is hitscan. Range favors McCree.

I've had really good luck with Pharah against McCree, tbh. Playing against randoms, though, I think a lot of unskilled McCree players only know "get in close, flashbang and fan the hammer" and the idea of actually using their gun from more than a foot away is just too much for them. The real challenge of playing Pharah is picking your landing zones; land too close to a McCree or a Mei before your boost is ready again, and it's time to walk like an Egyptian back from the spawn point.

nOoblet16

Same here. I always start with other heroes because I want to learn them and have as much fun with the game as possible but if things start to get ugly then I change to D.Va and, most of the time, I do much much better than with the rest.

66 pages already, my god. Has there been a faster thread before?

Wall of shame

FT0jznc.png

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just played an unbelievable Junkrat game and forgot to record from the start of the match. Only caught the end :(

I couldn't believe how good I was playing, lol.

Flintty

I'm quite happy about the possible incoming nerf to McCree's fan ability. That hits tanks like a truck currently and deffo needs looking at.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh guess this is when the gane's match making decided it's time for me to lose.

Joined 2 games in the last 3 mins with the team nowhere near the objective and I got silver with 4 kills using reaper for the first time.

Seriously.

Mendrox

I need that devil Mercy skin.

This is also the first game where I love playing a healer. Playing healer is way more fun than little boys like McCree

Stormus

I'm quite happy about the possible incoming nerf to McCree's fan ability. That hits tanks like a truck currently and deffo needs looking at.

Agreed! It's the only thing I've noticed seems fairly imbalanced across the board. Obviously McCree has his counters, but if someone knows what theyre doing with him, he's auto-lose close range.

R0ckman

I'm bad at Symmetra, but one thing I've always thought about is placing her turrets inside med pack pick-up rooms to see how many gassed Genjis or McCrees you could snipe.

If you want an offensive character that can melt tanks, you could play Tracer or Pharah. McCree's job isn't supposed to be melting tanks. It's supposed to be melting flankers.

Game tells you to use him on tanks in the tips, sorry.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Got a 3 man revive to help hold a point as Mercy, POTG playing her for only the second ever time. It confused the other team, haha.

Heroes NEVER die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom