• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenyal

Three widowmakers, no tanks, no heals. Second week seems to be when people just give up and dont even try to get a viable team comp.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm pretty sure you get exp for every medal you get. I seem to recall seeing the game count them each individually when it shows you your bonuses.

No its 1 medal bonus, nor how many you get

If you got 3 Gold, 1 Silver, your rewarded +150XP for earning gold the highest

Whatever the highest medal you earned, that's the bonus, no multiple or stacking

So Gold +150, Silver +100, Bronze +50

So you can earn a max of +150, even if you earn 5 Gold

Man, had a payload match (attack side) as Reinhard yesterday, and with my allies actually hiding behind my shield and a good support, the game was really fun.

I might try playing some offense/defense heroes today, played mostly as support/tank chars so far.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Same with any class based game doe.

Yeah, but team makeup and effort for winning should at least compel players at least to try

I've played with good Widowmakers even on Attack that made Defense players look aloof on how to combat them

Like say Hollywood, OK you want to Snipe, cool, help us destroy their defense by forcing them to reposition
Don't stand at the ledge looking across the main door arch hoping to net yourselves kill
Move forward, suppress, then run back

A lot of players are scared of dying which I don't understand for this game
KDR is not a big thing here

Yeah, but team makeup and effort for winning should at least compel players at least to try

I've played with good Widowmakers even on Attack that made Defense players look aloof on how to combat them

Like say Hollywood, OK you want to Snipe, cool, help us destroy their defense by forcing them to reposition
Don't stand at the ledge looking across the main door arch hoping to net yourselves kill
Move forward, suppress, then run back

There's a really long delay before you'll be able to do anything for your team after you die, so it's best to avoid that if you can.

I don't mind offensive snipers on principle but ONLY if they're willing to sacrifice themselves for a contest / delay until their team can move back up (in fact, snipers work great as a staggered spawn.)

The idiots who just perch somewhere and never approach an objective can be Winston-stomped into peanut butter.

Ken

Question: any way for me to check my potential ping? I want to bite, but there's no trial version or local servers.

Maybe try downloading HotS for free and see how your ping is to those servers? Idk if there's an IP you can ping for OW servers, or if the hots servers are generally the same location.

zoukka

Try Battlefield. You need to nuke the objective, but instead you have 5 people sitting in bushes 10m from the site not doing shit while the timer is running out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got a rare(for me anyway, ressing 3+ people at once doesn't happen often) POTG as Mercy.
Gain a lvl & loot box after that.
Received my first epic intro for her.
Fuck!

There's a really long delay before you'll be able to do anything for your team after you die, so it's best to avoid that if you can.
Yeah, people dying is how you lose points. On the first capture point, even a one-for-one trade disadvantages the defense because of the longer time it takes you to return to the scene.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I swear there was a Hanzo aimbotting yesterday. He was reckless, running into battle like he didn't know how to play well, but popped headshots almost every shot he took at me. I never want to say anything in game because it just seems like I'm being salty, if he's not actually aimbotting.

I swear there was a Hanzo aimbotting yesterday. He was reckless, running into battle like he didn't know how to play well, but popped headshots almost every shot he took at me. I never want to say anything in game because it just seems like I'm being salty, if he's not actually aimbotting.

I've had that happen a few times as Hanzo, especially on Hanamura where you can contest the objective while popping in and out of cover. When it gets frentic, Hanzo is able to pull off a lot of these one-hit kills in rapid succession and I'm not really that skiled - it's just the combination of hitbox, netcode and peeker's advantage.

Was it between the first and second points of Temple of Anubis, while you were attacking? Because I had some hilarious game with 25 Hanzo kills just running around that area and flanking the attackers. Like BrassDragon says, you sometimes just go off with Hanzo because of how loose the aim is.

Lazzy128

Banned
Had a guy play Reaper all game just now and he refused to change even though his tactics clearly wasn't working and was literally just walking to the objective and dying on repeat.

Luckily Mei saved the day.

Perhaps you shouldn't let a Mcree sneak up on you.

AFAIK the grind stops at level 20. Level 20 - 21 is the same as 50-51 until it resets at 100 when you prestige.
Mccree doesn't need to sneak, he can wreck shop by throwing a flash above shields or just in your general direction.

Hagi

Tried the weekly brawl but man it wasn't fun so into the trash it goes. I really need to find a stable of players to group with because I'm getting a bit tired of pub matches.

Nyx

I might try playing some offense/defense heroes today, played mostly as support/tank chars so far.

Same here, problem is though it seems I'm one of few who would even choose a tank/support class when a new game starts.

First 4 chars picked are almost always Hanzo, Genji, McCree and Widowmaker...
And if I f.e. then pick Soldier 76, the last one goes for... Reaper. :D

(so I end up taking Lucio after all...)

packy34

In the right hands, he's one of if not the best mid-range heroes in the game.

Close range, yes. Mid-range? Eh. He's still strong there but several heroes beat him if he can't get close enough to use the flashbang. 76, Pharah and Junkrat all have his number.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
this is a service announcement for all you gaffers because I care about you all. While playing for hours, don't forget to drink water.

H2g0OtZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom