• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Damn so competitive mode delayed? Hope they release some more skins or something soon for the meantime!!!

Keep feeding me that drip Blizzard!!!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im not burnt out because I still want to play, but im trying to feel losses more than I used to. I could just shrug them off before, but now its starting to bum me out. Might need a break soon or something

Mupod

Wait wait, this is the first I'm hearing of Zenyatta hate? People think he sucks or something? I agree he can get worked real quick depending on enemy team make-up, but if you counterpick with him he can stomp with his orb of discord.

Bad player mentality -> I'm dying, so it's the healer's fault. Never mind that I'm playing CoD in a corner of the map way out of line of sight. Wtf where were the heals!?

But really even someone who can use Zen properly needs to recognize that he's not good in every situation. I have never picked him as a solo support on KOTH because that's a bad idea. But I do some impressive things with him on defense maps. I have zero confidence in my teammates to have situational awareness and someone has to deal with those problems that come from unexpected angles, so when I'm on support I like to be the one that can kill people.

I have had people bitch about my character choice maybe once or twice but I think most recognize the only reason I'm playing support is because nobody else will. If the solution to the problem in their minds is 'maybe I should switch off Reaper for one round' then that's no solution at all.

I think there must be a difference between pc and console Mcree and D.VA. Console Mcree ain't that good without using a mouse for snap shots. And console D.VA is great at mobility kills (and I think movement is easier for most on controllers than mouse. She's a bowling ball with shotguns. And I haven't yet seen a console widow that impressed me. Quite the opposite, I wished they remove her so low skill players didn't even attempt to waste a slot. Seems balanced on consoles except auto turrets, especially when there's four or more.

Definitely agree about console mcree. Sustained accurate peace keeper shots are not nearly as viable.

J-Tier

She's incredibly annoying even if she never kills you. She slows the game down, cheats death with a button press, and frustrates friends and enemies alike. "Sorry, sorry, sorry! I lost this fight, so I'll run behind a wall. I lost this fight, so I'll hide in this ice, heal, and then run away. Oops, I accidentally split my team in half at a critical moment. A-mei-zing!"

As far as I am concerned, the game features 20 heroes and one Mei.

Haha, I quite enjoy using Mei.

I love using the ice wall to block an enemy's escape route vs using it as a defensive measure. Often times, separating a few opponents from the pack is a good strategy too.

Matt Frost

She's incredibly annoying even if she never kills you. She slows the game down, cheats death with a button press, and frustrates friends and enemies alike. "Sorry, sorry, sorry! I lost this fight, so I'll run behind a wall. I lost this fight, so I'll hide in this ice, heal, and then run away. Oops, I accidentally split my team in half at a critical moment. A-mei-zing!"

As far as I am concerned, the game features 20 heroes and one Mei.

Yeah, she is truly a-mei-zing, she can block your own team into death or leave you alone to fight the other team. Incredible abilities for sure. If you know how to play, Mei is harmless.

LiK

Just wait for her to come out of it and kill her. Or call your friend on the mic to come and you both (or more people) kill Mei. Doesn't matter how. I find all this Mei stuff ridiculous.

easier said than done when she breaks out and shoots a wall or you're busy fighting other guys in the mix. she's just much harder to kill than most heroes. the only other hero i have issues with is Roadhog cuz he has way too much HP.

Lesath

no way, his knockback is essential, get people off him or points, gives him some defense vs a roadhog chain, and is just fun.

Okay, comparatively, what can Mercy or Zenyatta do to get people off them or points, or a Roadhog chain or a dangerously close Reaper? Other than rely on teammates, because Lucio can do that too.

Gurrry

Not delayed. Was an error.

NOICE!!!!

Im scared of ranked.. but I think im gonna be going in on it once it releases. I played a bunch of reallllly high ranked, good players yesterday and held my own with my Roadhog. Made me feel like Im actually good at this game.

But.. im probably not.

Flintty

easier said than done when she breaks out and shoots a wall or you're busy fighting other guys in the mix. she's just much harder to kill than most heroes. the only other hero i have issues with is Roadhog cuz he has way too much HP.

This is so true. It has become personal between my Reinhardt and Roadhog. How the hell he is still standing AND able to kill me after a flame shot/charge/super and the a few hammer blows, it's fucking beyond me. He's a beast.

Matt Frost

Tell that to the Mei players I meet in battle. Either they are very bad or just clueless. Most hide in that form. While she is in frozen mode, the other team has a disadvantage. One person less to help. Easier to win the fight then wait for her to come out and kill her.

Apathy

Okay, comparatively, what can Mercy or Zenyatta do to get people off them or points, or a Roadhog chain or a dangerously close Reaper? Other than rely on teammates, because Lucio can do that too.

Not every hero has to have the same or lack the same things as every other hero.

LiK

Tell that to the Mei players I meet in battle. Either they are very bad or just clueless. Most hide in that form. While she is in frozen mode, the other team has a disadvantage. One person less to help. Easier to win the fight then wait for her to come out and kill her.

i'm at level 30 and a lot of Mei players are very good. it gets harder and harder now. we went up against a Mei player who singleghandedly kept our team out of Anubis capture point by using a combination of walls and her Ultimate. impressive player.

Zemm

If every game devolves into the Reinhardt, Mercy, Lucio meta I'm going to scream. It's heading that way. If a team pulls out that triple then you have to do the same or get steam rolled. So boring to play against all the time. Please buff some other healers and maybe add another tank? I dunno.

Edzi

Yeah, I think he needs to be toned down a bit; he's got way too much going for him. Probably take away his knockback, much as I like knocking fools into the Nepalese pit of despair.

I don't think his offense it he problem. Maybe make his area of effect smaller, or don't let it work through walls.

If you're wondering what kind of compositions your pubs should be aiming for, I think typically 2 support, 2 tanks, and 2 damage works best. Then you can adjust as the game progresses.

I'm personally a fan of reinhardt + roadhog. Roadhog pours out damage against enemy barriers and gets picks off of chain. Lucio feels staple in most compositions, because none of the other support can movement boost your entire team into a fight.

But it's also hard to go wrong with double winston tbh.

cHinzo

This is so true. It has become personal between my Reinhardt and Roadhog. How the hell he is still standing AND able to kill me after a flame shot/charge/super and the a few hammer blows, it's fucking beyond me. He's a beast.

To be fair, most Roadhogs die after u charge him into a wall and bash his face in a couple of times. :p

Flintty

To be fair, most Roadhogs die after u charge him into a wall and bash his face in a couple of times. :p

I guess I've been unlucky on a couple of occasions, or maybe he's had a shield or some shit. As always though, it's all the more sweeter when you do kill him :)

Gurrry

Try opening two crates with legendary money back to back. :|

Hell thats enough for a legendary skin, no?

I got a 500 coin stack last night and it pushed me to have enough for the skin I really wanted.

I guess it would be better for those 2 legendary drops to be 2 skins, but hell, i think id rather have 1 skin I want rather than 2 skins I dont want.

If every game devolves into the Reinhardt, Mercy, Lucio meta I'm going to scream. It's heading that way. If a team pulls out that triple then you have to do the same or get steam rolled. So boring to play against all the time. Please buff some other healers and maybe add another tank? I dunno.

I've been on teams like this, I'm usually Reinhardt and we roll. This is a killer combo.

pigeon

Banned

Frankly, the way most people play Reinhardt is just not that good, straight up. A Reinhardt who's camping out by the payload with shield up is vulnerable to some of the easiest tactics in the game. Those guys are the guys who make Bastion look good.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Mei is probably the most frustrating hero to play against. She has no real weaknesses, good range, good crowd control and can 1 on 1 most hereos at close range with little effort.

You can bait McCrees flashbang making him fairly harmless, and you can bait Roadhogs hook making him easy to take down at range, but you can't really "bait" Mei any way. You just have to catch her alone from behind and hope you have enough health to kill her twice.

Dragoshi1

I found my inner Pharah for one match.

I was DOMINATING, tons of kills, and you know what?

It won't happen again. I dislike Pharah.

BigDug13

Turrets don't show up using sonic arrow or infra vision do they?

Some changes they could do to turrets could be treat it like an AI controlled player. Able to be discorded, able to be hooked, show up on scout abilities that reveal enemy locations, etc.

Grief.exe

Mei is probably the most frustrating hero to play against. She has no real weaknesses, good range, good crowd control and can 1 on 1 most hereos at close range with little effort.

You can bait McCrees flashbang making him fairly harmless, and you can bait Roadhogs hook making him easy to take down at range, but you can't really "bait" Mei any way. You just have to catch her alone from behind and hope you have enough health to kill her twice.

This is my problem with Mei.

As soon as I hear her freeze cannon, the onus is on me to make a play to save my life. She just has to hold left click somewhere in my general vicinity.

Grief.exe

im not burnt out because I still want to play, but im trying to feel losses more than I used to. I could just shrug them off before, but now its starting to bum me out. Might need a break soon or something

The game has only been out a week,we haven't even gotten gud yet.

post that in the other thread were people were already grabbing the pitchforks lol

Really? Gamers not giving the benefit of the doubt or even basic understanding of what's required of game development frustrates me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Ive accepted that there are some characters I just dont like and never will. I mean I already have a lot more than I expected in my roster, and some ones that I never expected, but yeah, some are just not for me at all

Tracer (Im just awful with her)
Bastion (too boring for me)
Widowmaker (im awful at sniping with her even if im getting decent with Hanzo, dunno why)
Mcree (just dont like him at all)
Roadhog (cant hook, dont like his kit)

I still need to give Pharah a proper chance and I havent tried GEnji

Johndoey

Banned
Mei feels like a troll character, most people don't use her to any great effect, even if they do she can be handled, but holy hell is she an annoyance.

I see ice walls in my nightmares.

Hex

Banned
So tempted to get this for PS4 also just for trophies lol.
But I would be so much worse.
I think I will stick to pc for now.

Hex

Banned
I lost a public game last night where i chose Symetra and a level 15 player then chose her as well forcing me to pick a tank. That player barely set up any defenses and cost us the game by placing a portal in our spawn area. Wtf???

readImage

Sadly I have played with too many Symetras that do not take nearly enough advantage of her turret things even on attack.

zonezeus

Snipers bro

I don't know any snipers that can shoot through walls. Any half-decent Torb will place the turret behind some wall when ranged engagement is not an option.

Snipers, Junkrat, Farah

Reinhardt/Tank to protect all of the above

Farah dies like a little bitch if she gets too close, from distance it takes 3 perfect placed rockets to destroy one turret. Needs LOS too, so again, turret behind the wall is unreachable. As for Junkrat I don't play him often so I don't know, but there are places when it is almost impossible to reliably lob grenades, like some spots on point B of Anubis, Mumbani on the upper catwalks etc. Now using Reinhardt or tank as a shield is a valid strategy, but it engages at least 2 players against a constructed object, which leaves the rest of the team in 6 vs 4 situation. In theory D.Va can do it alone, but the turret is never far from the rest of the enemy team. Seriously, it all sounds great and theory, but in practice without serious coordination (so 99% of times in pubs) it is extremely difficult to take it out. And we're talking about a turret, not a character, so it essentialy makes some matches 7 vs 6 (with one character having autoaim)

Snipers or anybody with a reliable long ranged attack.

I've had fucking Genjis take out my turrets from a distance.

See above. All sounds great in theory, but doesn't work in practice.

Yes, I am salty as fuck.

Who

Banned
So I have a question.. Maybe a dumb one., I'll be getting the PC version.

Can I party up with 2 or 3 of my friends in a squad? is there a way to easily track where they are? Ie. a marker on the radar or something similar?

Lesath

Not every hero has to have the same or lack the same things as every other hero.

Yeah, that's not a great argument for anything. Dude has an amazing kit of offensive, defensive, and control potential that other supports simply don't have.

Rad-

Pharah is a weird one for me. One match I get 35 eliminations with her and own cap points, the next I get 5 eliminations and feel useless throughout the match.

Xeteh

She has no weaknesses? Her freeze has a short range that gets broken by jumping behind her, takes multiple seconds to freeze and that many characters have an out for. McCree's Flashbang has no outs, it either hits or it doesn't. If you fight her at a distance her icicle isn't the easiest thing to aim and has damage drop off further out.

Yeah, she can iceblock which can at most heal half her health. That doesn't make her double her HP. Hell, you shouldn't be trying to fight Mei 1 on 1 if you can avoid it.

You can only bait a McCree's Flashbang if he's trigger happy with it and throws it as soon as he gets in range, even then you need some way to block it. How are you baiting it without getting hit? Those McCrees sound awful.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you think Mei is that much of an issue go ahead and play her. I've got around 15 hours played on Mei between beta and live. She's good and yeah she's annoying but people need to stop acting like she's insanely strong.

Ivan 3414

Whenever I play Symmetra on Payload I always set ups turrets above head, on walls, etc and unless I'm playing against a really good team, my turrets are the key in shutting the enemy team down. Plus my teleporter as well. I even get some kills with her gun as well.

Yet I never get my props, these past couple games I'm the only one who likes my card =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom