• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
TjkqwJy.jpg

Looking at the comics, symmetra could build bridges with her light bending ability. Would be cool if she had something like that as an ability

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I feel like not only is it not random, it's specifically trying to keep you from win streaks. If you win two matches expect to get completely rolled soon.

Yeah, whenever I'm on a 2-3 game win streak (not very often, usually just 2 in a row), I I start to expect the stomping. However, last night I won a whole bunch, bringing my W/L to 51%. Fear me, humans.

Acidote

Last night after a game with Mei: "fuck you Mei"

Someone else right now after a game with Mei: "mei is aids"

She is turning into my favorite character just for the salt production facility she runs.

Apathy

Dunno, if this has been posted yet, but:

Overwatch's McCree and D.Va Could Be Changed, Here's How
Overwatch designer says Blizzard has been looking at potential buff and nerfs to its characters.

Basically, Blizzard's principal designer considering a Mcree damage nerf. And as for D.Va, he says there may be "some room for some D.Va improvements", whatever that means.

D.Va is my favorite hero, but I do feel like without a healer sometimes she feels useless in certain scenarios (but that's kind of the whole point of Overwatch, huh?). As for Mcree, I think he needs bullet fall-off over raw damage lowering, to be honest. He's a beast up close, but he's supposed to be. He should not be a beast at long long range. I think that's why's he's so overpowered. He can kill from anywhere, so he effectively doesn't have a hard counter. With a Reinhardt he can quickly go from raw damage dealer at range (a la Soldier 76) to flanking death-bringer (a la Genji or Reaper). That's my beef with Mcree.

Anyway, we'll see how it shapes up.

Is this hidden in career profile somewhere? I can't seem to find it.

I could actually see them making it so fan bullets do a static 30 or 35 damage per (regardless of distance) so that it would require a flashbang plus full fan (or at least 5 of 6) to hit to kill a 200 health character and do significant (if not all) the damage on a tank with a flash>fan>roll>fan if they connect with all 12 bullets. If it was 30 per bullet of fan it would do 385 with the flash and 12 bullets, and if it was 35 it would do 445 if all the piece of the combo hit

Grief.exe

Agreed. They lock in four heroes from the outset and none of them tend to be tank or support, so my buddy and I always have to provide those roles.

In a way I guess it's Blizzards fault for making supports and tanks, not all that enjoyable to play in comparison to the more versatile attackers.

If you're in a group of four to six good players, then losing one to support is not only a benefit, but the other members of the group can pick up the slack in terms of damage.

On the other hand, if you're only in a group of two with the rest being ransoms, it's a massive detriment to lose one of your best players as a support class.

R0ckman

I think on PC, Mcree is pretty broken. Even when I'm playing Mcree I'm like "fuck mcree" after he kills me. Getting flashbanged is so rage inducing. I literally crouch walk around the map listening for footsteps so the enemy Mcree doesn't flashbang me first.

I have fun fighting enemy McCrees as McCree, if you're really good with him you basically lock down alt paths, which is needed, had a mei that was doing that and nothing but McCree would have shut her down and disgouraged her from doing it. That Mei player was really damn annoying too specifically targetting me the whole match.

stand on the point STAND ON THE POINT
My personal bugbear is people not understanding how Overtime works in KotH.

You do not need to stand on the point to maintain Overtime.

You just need to touch the point each time the counter threatens to expire.

Do not throw your life away versus their whole team. Touch the point, retreat. Touch the point, retreat. Bait them out. Wait for backup. Lucio is great at this stage. So is D.Va. So is Tracer or Soldier 76 with his heal down. They can all get to the point quickly, and they all have ways to get in and out safely. Multiple Tracers can keep the Overtime counter up for a very long time if they are smart.

partime

I was playing with a friend last night, and it got to the point where we were always leading the team in damage done, eliminations, etc.

The problem being, we would be forced to play some kind of support roll as random players refuse to do so. It's a toss up between, do we have enough damage to win the game, or are we able to sustain their push effectively? Frankly, I noticed it was too costly to put one of us on support as we wouldn't have the damage to even be competitive otherwise, though we would play the support classes anyways.

Going to have to setup more consistent GAF groups rather than trying to beat your head against the wall with the random player base.

I love playing offensively, but if I see a lack of supportive roles, primarily the ability to teleport teammates, then I take a step back and support my randoms. The only class I haven't dove into yet are the defensive, but they make up the majority of play of the games anyway!

Hasney

I think there's a reason the average w/l is hovering around 50%. Everyone that I've talked to is either mid-high 40s or mid-high 50s, only outliers are above or below those stats. There's definitely MMR.

Yeah, guess it's harder to feel as I'm on a 61% win rate right now. Probably also helps that my default move is to start with Lucio and only change when required.

I really don't feel that at all. I've had 10 match winning streaks and then dumped into a game which just felt more competitive before going into a match where everyone is terrible. I was under the impression that the matchmaking wasn't doing much at all right now and it's mostly random.

nah it's terrible, I usually play with a friend so we are in a group and 9/10 matches the enemy will be twice as good as the 4 randoms we get given, they pick soldier and stand still shooting distant targets or pick junkrat and you never see him because he's always dying outside of battle.

When I have to change to d.va to remove a turret they all ignore every single time, it get's old.

Hex

Banned
I just spent an entire game as Junkrat, huddled underneath the nose of the platform, while my two snipers hung out two rooms back not hitting anyone, and our McCree wandered randomly around the backfield. Given that I barely saw any of the others, I'm not sure what they were doing.

Torbjorns/Symmetras are forgiven for not platforming.

Had a game last night where I was McCree (who I am really just learning) and I got fragged so I am running back to the objective and I see one of our snipers in a building off to the left near the starting point and I am like wtf...Then I come across a reaper running back and forth across the midfield and again I am like wtf...and time is ticking away and no sign of anyone near the objective except me and a poor Mercy trying their best to keep me alive

Timeaisis

Wait wait, this is the first I'm hearing of Zenyatta hate? People think he sucks or something? I agree he can get worked real quick depending on enemy team make-up, but if you counterpick with him he can stomp with his orb of discord.

LiK

I hope you learned your lesson.

your Mei avatar is creepy and yet kinda hot

Wait wait, this is the first I'm hearing of Zenyatta hate? People think he sucks or something? I agree he can get worked real quick depending on enemy team make-up, but if you counterpick with him he can stomp with his orb of discord.

not sure how often you're here but Zen hate is kinda common here.

mbpm1

Do not throw your life away versus their whole team. Touch the point, retreat. Touch the point, retreat. Bait them out. Wait for backup. Lucio is great at this stage. So is D.Va. So is Tracer or Soldier 76 with his heal down. They can all get to the point quickly, and they all have ways to get in and out safely. Multiple Tracers can keep the Overtime counter up for a very long time if they are smart.
I didn't know that actually. Good to know.

Flintty

That's a great pro tip, I never thought of it like that. I'll ensure my team are aware!

I like him, but he was strongly nerfed in closed beta and probably needs a little help with his survivability. I think that's more about tweaks to other heroes (principally Widowmaker's full-charge damage), though.

Where I really like him is when I'm coordinating with him as Genji or McCree and my weapons are now turbo'd. Feels great.

Matt Frost

She is turning into my favorite character just for the salt production facility she runs.

Mei is harmless if you are 5 feet away from her. Almost every character melts her. Either you are playing with noobs or bad players.

R0ckman

Had someone on our team say "What are you doing you cancers?"

This a new one?

I love flash banging Mei, not shooting the fan hammer and getting her to ice block then waiting for her to get out for her well deserved melting.

She's stalling for the inevitable.

Flintty

My team found he's a great combo with Reinhardt. His immunity and debuff are really useful. Having other good supporting players is key though, as is usually the case.

Mei is harmless if you are 5 feet away from her. Almost every character melts her. Either you are playing with noobs or bad players.

As a Mei player, when I'm facing a Mei I rarely die because I know how to deal with her.

People don't understand how this game works still. They think anyone can and should be able to 1vs1 anyone in the game. OW is not built like that. It's a team game.

Rize_21

Flanking with Mei is the most delicious thing this game has to offer, plus her footsteps are quite low.

She's incredibly annoying even if she never kills you. She slows the game down, cheats death with a button press, and frustrates friends and enemies alike. "Sorry, sorry, sorry! I lost this fight, so I'll run behind a wall. I lost this fight, so I'll hide in this ice, heal, and then run away. Oops, I accidentally split my team in half at a critical moment. A-mei-zing!"

As far as I am concerned, the game features 20 heroes and one Mei.

This a new one?

I love flash banging Mei, not shooting the fan hammer and getting her to ice block then waiting for her to get out for her well deserved melting.

Cancers, toxic, toxicity, SJW, safe space etc.

I am leaning so much, this game has been a smashing success with the tumblr crowd.

Heng

Dunno, if this has been posted yet, but:

Overwatch's McCree and D.Va Could Be Changed, Here's How
Overwatch designer says Blizzard has been looking at potential buff and nerfs to its characters.

Basically, Blizzard's principal designer considering a Mcree damage nerf. And as for D.Va, he says there may be "some room for some D.Va improvements", whatever that means.
If I was tasked to handle his nerf, I'd keep everything the same except for 2 things.

1. His roll only gives him 3 bullets instead of 6, that way he maintains his burst vs. Squishy characters but no longer can kill a tank within 2 seconds.

2. Give him 2 rolls to compensate the nerf, although this doesn't seem necessary. This would probably give him too much mobility.

Also I wouldn't mind giving his flash bang a longer CD.

I think there must be a difference between pc and console Mcree and D.VA. Console Mcree ain't that good without using a mouse for snap shots. And console D.VA is great at mobility kills (and I think movement is easier for most on controllers than mouse. She's a bowling ball with shotguns. And I haven't yet seen a console widow that impressed me. Quite the opposite, I wished they remove her so low skill players didn't even attempt to waste a slot. Seems balanced on consoles except auto turrets, especially when there's four or more.

Baliis

Pretty often. I guess I just ignored it lol. Poor Zenny.

Hate is probably too strong. Most people like Zenyatta, they just recognize he isn't very good in most matches. He can shine in very specific set ups but is very easily countered by too many characters.

IvanJ

Banned
The most success I have had against Mei is a shoulder charge with Reinhardt. I observe that Mei players tend to act more reckless and cocky, so they sometimes don't think Reinhardt from across the room will be upon them in half a second and flatten them.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Easily my favorite character. God damn do people hate her. I'll admit, she straight up does not work in a lot of compositions, but I love the hate that I get. Half the time my own team gets angry when I pick her.

I lost a public game last night where i chose Symetra and a level 15 player then chose her as well forcing me to pick a tank. That player barely set up any defenses and cost us the game by placing a portal in our spawn area. Wtf???

readImage

Lesath

I feel like a good Lucio is absolutely key in control games

I've noticed numerous times how you can literally swing the game with him, he seems the most important support in general tbh

Yeah, I think he needs to be toned down a bit; he's got way too much going for him. Probably take away his knockback, much as I like knocking fools into the Nepalese pit of despair.

Matt Frost

As a Mei player, when I'm facing a Mei I rarely die because I know how to deal with her.

People don't understand how this game works still. They think anyone can and should be able to 1vs1 anyone in the game. OW is not built like that. It's a team game.

Same here, played with every character to know who to react to them accordingly. Your team is your support. Usually a lot of people wait for Mei to come out of the heal thing and slaughter her. From the games I played, I almost never see a Mei or a Zenyatta.

And McCree is the only one who can effectively 1vs1. The rest, except if you are a counter for the character you are facing, rarely shouldnt. Teamwork is a key element in this game. Thats why I play with friends or dont play at all.

Staying away from Mei isn't the issue, trying to kill her is the problem cuz of her Ice block heal ability.

Just wait for her to come out of it and kill her. Or call your friend on the mic to come and you both (or more people) kill Mei. Doesn't matter how. I find all this Mei stuff ridiculous.

Apathy

Yeah, I think he needs to be toned down a bit; he's got way too much going for him. Probably take away his knockback, much as I like knocking fools into the Nepalese pit of despair.

no way, his knockback is essential, get people off him or points, gives him some defense vs a roadhog chain, and is just fun.

Flintty

The most success I have had against Mei is a shoulder charge with Reinhardt. I observe that Mei players tend to act more reckless and cocky, so they sometimes don't think Reinhardt from across the room will be upon them in half a second and flatten them.

Same though I'm often left frustrated by Roadhog hooking me out of charge just before impact. Fuck THAT guy!

shiba5

This a new one?

I had a Mei ice block in front of the hole on Ilios. Lucio says, "Have a nice flight!"

bananas

Banned
She's incredibly annoying even if she never kills you. She slows the game down, cheats death with a button press, and frustrates friends and enemies alike. "Sorry, sorry, sorry! I lost this fight, so I'll run behind a wall. I lost this fight, so I'll hide in this ice, heal, and then run away. Oops, I accidentally split my team in half at a critical moment. A-mei-zing!"

As far as I am concerned, the game features 20 heroes and one Mei.
EAZZYpL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom