• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I think is missing from this analysis is that all tanks have self-shield or self-sustain abilities (most of them are also team utility abilities, but not all) to allow them to soak up enemy fire and stay effective.

All tanks except for Zarya also have gapclosing capability so that they can quickly initiate a fight, and all tanks except for Zarya have very short effective range but good power within that range. (Zarya has a grenade launcher instead of a gapcloser.)

Basically, tanks in Overwatch are a lot more like League tanks than WoW tanks -- they're meant to engage the enemy, soak up damage, and kite back out while their team starts killing.

I was thinking more of the "MMO trinity," but the MOBA comparison is a good one. Same for the range thing (I find it hard to think about Zarya's range because her laser's so hard to judge in that way.)

You raise great points.

Solo queue forever! I just can't stand voice chat, so I go solo to avoid gimping my group members.
Think it's been three hours of pretty much straight loses since buying the game earlier today. Yes, I'm salty :p

I've heard Bastion, McCree, Mei, Lucio, Soldier 76, Toblerone, Hanzo, Winston, Pharah, Junkrat, Widowmaker, and multiples of any heroes are OP. Perhaps they would be a good choice.

HoodWinked

1. Roadhog
2. Reaper
3. Mccree
4. D.Va
5. Mercy/Lucio

managed to get a legendary reaper skin yesterday so i actually started playing reaper for the first time and started to figure out how to actually use him and now going absolutely ham with him so many multi kills and momentum shifting ults with him.

most played on roadhog since his damage is insane prolly 75% of the time picking up the gold medal for damage and elims.

screenshot_16-06-01_2hmxyd.jpg

My stats so far.

Rize_21

1. happy go lucky 4 eyes psychopath Mei
2. cheers love I'm pushing the payload Tracer
3. teeth crusher Reinhardt
4. Justice rains from everywhere but above Pharah
5. You need healing, you need healing, you need healing stop spamming cause I'm already dead Mercy

rObit

Banned
A lot of people in-game complaining about the new weekly. I kinda like it. I like being able to play without worrying about the team composition too much. I don't usually get the opportunity to play Genji, so this mode is letting me figure out how to play him better.

Sianos

So far:

1. Lucio
2. Roadhog
3. Reaper

I hate hate HATE playing against Mei. But I love having one of her on my team.

Use your Lucio alt fire whenever Mei gets in your or a teammates face to blast her away. So far, it's worked wonders for me.

1. Torbjorn
2. Roadhog
3. Reinhardt
4. Symmetra
5. Mercy

Honestly, I've been playing a lot more Roadhog lately so maybe I'd swap 1 and 2.

1. Pharah
2. Lucio
3. Symmetra
4. Widowmaker
5. Mercy

Yeah, I tend to always be the one who blinks first when "No Support" or "No Sniper" comes up, I guess. Still, my Lucio game is getting pretty good at this point.

That wonderful feel when a Soldier gets play of the game for using his ult on the perfect gravity well you made

Yup, had something like that last night, completely by accident in the Temple of Anubis. I pulled a desperation play and fired off Zarya's ultimate in the middle of the defense point... just as a Bastion was setting up shop in the center lane and shredded them all for us to get the win. The Bastion ended up getting the POTG, but I was happy to provide the assist.

nOoblet16

A lot of people in-game complaining about the new weekly. I kinda like it. I like being able to play without worrying about the team composition too much. I don't usually get the opportunity to play Genji, so this mode is letting me figure out how to play him better.

It's a bad habit though, you'll learn according to the reduced cooldown timer and get used to it. And the gameplay in normal mode is very different since Genji is all about trying to learn how to flank support and get behind them. In that mode there would be no one to flank. Another important thing about Genji is to wait for Ult and take out everyone from back with double the timer for Ult that's another thing you won't learn properly.

ViviOggi

1) Tracer
2) Zarya
3) Pharah
4) Widowmaker
5) Genji

Zarya closing in on Tracer though since she's the best hero in the game.

Qwyjibo

Use your Lucio alt fire whenever Mei gets in your or a teammates face to blast her away. So far, it's worked wonders for me.
Oh yeah it's great for that and when getting hooked by a Roadhog. But when she gets me from behind, arrrghhhhh. Nothing more frustrating than just being frozen in this game.

#1 Genji
#2 Zarya
#3 Mei
#4 Tracer
#5 Mercy

I love when people try to counter-pick me with my top 3 characters, it never works out well for them.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
Now that I'm thinking about it.

You know the people who say that 6x the same hero is unfun? My guess is that they simply lost a game versus a team that did it and I'm pretty sure 95% of the time the enemy team would have won anyway or even faster with a balanced setup.

rObit

Banned
It's a bad habit though, you'll learn according to the reduced cooldown timer and get used to it. And the gameplay in normal mode is very different since Genji is all about trying to learn how to flank support and get behind them. In that mode there would be no one to flank. Another important thing about Genji is to wait for Ult and take out everyone from back with double the timer for Ult that's another thing you won't learn properly.

You have a point, but for me even the basic mechanics of his block and the range on the dash and stuff were relatively unknown to me. I guess I could've just played an AI game to get a feel for that stuff.

Demoskinos

Any of you console players been able to wallride with Lucio effectively? I was thinking of remapping Jump to L2 the only problem is man I have to fight my instincts to press "X" everytime to jump. Playing so much of this game its been seared in my mind that that is the jump key.

Although having Jump on L2 seems to be the only way you could look and hold jump at the same time. =\

That bug lirik has had for a few days is crazy. Friends list is 0/0 and can only log into EU/Asian servers. He's playing on an alt account while his $200 worth of skins RIP.

Bread

Banned
Any of you console players been able to wallride with Lucio effectively? I was thinking of remapping Jump to L2 the only problem is man I have to fight my instincts to press "X" everytime to jump. Playing so much of this game its been seared in my mind that that is the jump key.

Although having Jump on L2 seems to be the only way you could look and hold jump at the same time. =\
L1, it's 2018 bro get with the bumper jumper.

colinp

Banned
You have a point, but for me even the basic mechanics of his block and the range on the dash and stuff were relatively unknown to me. I guess I could've just played an AI game to get a feel for that stuff.

Maybe it's true you don't learn the 'best strats' but I agree I learned ALOT more about Genji just shooting the shit in crazy mode (with much less negative repercussions for my team) than if I tried to learn him in a real match. This weeks mode is great fun!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My legendary luck has officially changed for the better. Today I got Nevermore Reaper, Daredevil Soldier76 and Gearbot Bastion. I also got Frogston Winston and 500c yesterday. Before this I had only gotten 1 legendary in 35ish levels.

Flintty

I seem to have lost the ability to play as Reinhardt. I was dominating with him previously and now I can't even connect with the majority of my charges. Fuck knows what's happened, maybe I need a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom