• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

I mean, this is the beta talk again. They won't nerf him just because he owns a lot of players. McCree's getting nerfed because the math involved in that character being as good as he is (slightly) messed up.

Bastion? Counter him. Counter him. Counter. Him.

McCree is a dick but he is using a revolver, that gun is powerful.

mbpm1

When you get a good flow with Tracer she's super fun.

I should try out other characters outside of my main four though.

This is some bullshit. So I opened a loot box tonight, and got a duplicate legendary skin for Genji. Off all the damn things to get, I got a dupe. Fuck sakes. And to top it off, it was only worth 200 coins! I am upset.

Zekes!

Just had a game on Nepal and my team had 3 Widowmakers (one was a joke I know it, as I said out loud on mic "Why do we have 2 Widowmakers?")

Pilgrimzero

Decided to try some new characters.

Did fairly good with Tracer. Did alright with McCree, High Noon worked out pretty well.

Keep wanting to give Winston a shot and the other tank characters aside from my bae D. Va.

I feel like I'm the only one that hates playing Winston. No matter how I try to play him I feel like I get blown up way faster than Winstons against me do. Its frustrating. I'd rather play Roadhog anyways.

Winston isn't about frontline fighting. Leap behind enemy lines to a support--preferably when the enemy is distracted--and you can really mess them up. Or, alternately, jump after that Widow/Hanzo that's been bothering your team and knock them out of comission. A dedicated Winston can basically shut them down for the rest of the game, and a skilled one will stay alive while doing it.

Just be sure to know where health packs are, because you'll be doing a lot of leaping and you need to know where to get them in a pinch.

Blizzard

Banned
I wish Widowmaker could cancel her grappling hook. That would allow me to swing more like Spiderman and drop off halfway through instead of getting stuck on walls.
Also, I feel like Hanzo is super lack-lustre compared to Widowmaker. I like women characters so I'm okay with this, but still. Widowmaker has the grappling hook and close-range autofire. Hanzo has...wallclimb and no close-range rapid attack. He can give some extra vision, but I'm not sure the rest makes up for it. And I guess zoning with ult?

Xeteh

Winston isn't about frontline fighting. Leap behind enemy lines to a support--preferably when the enemy is distracted--and you can really mess them up. Or, alternately, jump after that Widow/Hanzo that's been bothering your team and knock them out of comission. A dedicated Winston can basically shut them down for the rest of the game, and a skilled one will stay alive while doing it.

Just be sure to know where health packs are, because you'll be doing a lot of leaping and you need to know where to get them in a pinch.

Yeah, I know he's not the front line type but I can jump in on a Mercy/Lucio and die before I kill them but if I'm playing either character Winston just demolishes me. Its super frustrating.

Also, I feel like Hanzo is super lack-lustre compared to Widowmaker. I like women characters so I'm okay with this, but still. Widowmaker has the grappling hook and close-range autofire. Hanzo has...wallclimb and no close-range rapid attack. He can give some extra vision, but I'm not sure the rest makes up for it. And I guess zoning with ult?

His scattershot annihilates enemies.

Ramirez

Pretty much all my games on both consoles tonight have been ruined by people trolling, stacking awful characters with no chance in hell of winning. And if it isn't that, I'm getting put into JIP at the end of a match. Love this game man, but I can't handle the hero stacking when people are doing it just to be stupid.

I cross my fingers and open the box. And there I saw a purple and a Yellow.. What legendary skin did I get now?

Nope just 500 coins. Eh not too bad I guess,

Overwatch_2016_06_02_01_36_54_34.jpg

Skill gate character for people who want to snipe but can only do well by spamming projectiles. But even that's kind of pointless with how generous Widowmaker's hitboxes are.

Nothing to add, but as a Winston player I wanted to say this is all really good, standard advice. Playing Winston, know your role and know your prime targets. Think of yourself as less of a tank and more like a Tracer. Except you're a gorilla and she is not a gorilla. You're going for Widow/Hanzo/Mercy/Zeni. You're hopping in and out. You're constantly tagging those health packs. Once you get the hang of him Winston becomes an incredible blast to play. Not even Pharahs can escape the long reach of Gorilla Warfare.

But dear grod, don't think about trying to hop on that Bastion. It never works out.

ViviOggi

I cross my fingers and open the box. And there I saw a purple and a Yellow.. What legendary skin did I get now?

Nope just 500 coins. Eh not too bad I guess,

Overwatch_2016_06_02_01_36_54_34.jpg
500g drop is really good considering how many garbagio legendaries there are, it's half of exactly the skin you want. Now the 200g you get for a legendary dupe, that's straight up fraud.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They seriously need to make the Okami Hanzo louder when he ults. You can't hear those fuckin' wolves coming through the wall until you're basically already dead.

Bittercup

I wish Widowmaker could cancel her grappling hook. That would allow me to swing more like Spiderman and drop off halfway through instead of getting stuck on walls.
You can cancel the grappling hook if you jump. You can use this to boost you up higher as well.

Astral

So we have two Widowmakers on our team and we're losing, so one of them decides to switch to Hanzo instead. What is it about these characters that people love so much (besides ads on WM)? We don't need two of you.

Dreavus

They seriously need to make the Okami Hanzo louder when he ults. You can't hear those fuckin' wolves coming through the wall until you're basically already dead.

I played against one today. It absolutely is quieter and definitely harder to react to.

Someone suggested to add some extra howls when it starts up or something like that. It definitely needs a tweak.

psyfi

Banned
I'm getting some weird ass lag (?) issues for the second time right now. I'm teleporting around the map one second and then stuck in place the next. It's really frustrating. Anyone else experience this?

m4st4

So we have two Widowmakers on our team and we're losing, so one of them decides to switch to Hanzo instead. What is it about these characters that people love so much (besides ads on WM)? We don't need two of you.

CGI shorts. Sex appeal/Coolness.

Widow is legit great character as well, but I feel your pain, those characters are not good for last minute defense with op attacking team.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Who handles turrets the best? They seem so overpowered.

Junkrat and Pharah.

Junkrat is a bit better but doesn't work at all angles whereas Pharah can peek and shoot from really far if their placement is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom