• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

People need to stop voting for themselves as player of the game, shit is so obvious sometimes.

Including myself :p

The best is when you don't do this, but someone throws you a single vote so it totally looks like you just did vote for yourself.

Ramirez

think I am going to stay away from gaf PS4 groups for a while. some people are pretty toxic players.

I think I've only been in one PS4 group that even talked, never heard anyone be an idiot though...

My Astro mic is busted and tends to randomly screech like a banshee, so I spare everyone's ears, heh.

kagamin

SteamGAF is really stepping up lately, we've been doing well in our matches and we've been getting some great competition from enemy teams, also my Sound Barrier saved our butts when an enemy Mei got Blizzard off when all her teammates were rushing. *phew*

Muzicfreq

Banned
Did you play Mei.

Nope. Just a guy that was a bit too hyper and kinda shit talked the whole time pointing out stupid flaws and arguing over a silly strat that I have seen be really effective. Then got kicked from group but not the party chat and he decided to shit talk thinking I wasn't there.

I think I've only been in one PS4 group that even talked, never heard anyone be an idiot though...

My Astro mic is busted and tends to randomly screech like a banshee, so I spare everyone's ears, heh.

I have noticed a number of people don't speak which just makes me want to play random groups since there's little difference between the 2

The best is when you don't do this, but someone throws you a single vote so it totally looks like you just did vote for yourself.

Someone in my group usually points out that they voted for me when this happens, which is nice so I don't look like an ass.

Besides, I'm pretty good at making myself look like an ass on my own.

kagamin

I only do when my whole team let me down

You to your team:
CXG6ASAWEAAQjtn.jpg

PatjuhR

I made a screenshot on my ps4, but I'm at work now so can't show it, but yesterday we had a flawless victory, but not one of our team was nominated for votes.

Maybe just a great team performance, but it didn't really made sense to me.

PatjuhR

I only do when my whole team let me down

Lol, I always vote for myself, without looking at others first. Altough I can remember one time I had the POTG and was so emberassed by what happened there than I just couldn't vote on myself.

Can't recall what happenend, but it was a very nooby gameplay from me somehow ending up as POTG. Only time I didn't vote on myself when I had the option.

Zarya is a lot of fun. The charge mechanic plus managing your own plus teammates shields feels very active with a lot of room for creativity, as opposed to one of the other tanks like Reinhardt.

Timmy00

I really love playing as genji, it amazes me how some people see his deflect and still attack him. Bastions are the best, they just spam their turret attack and I just deflect for an easy kill. Deflecting McCree ult back at him is also so much fun.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
If a person on the enemy team has 4 votes and everyone else has already voted, I like to give the vote to the enemy with zero votes, that way it looks like he voted for himself instead of his teammate.

BigDug13

I have noticed a number of people don't speak which just makes me want to play random groups since there's little difference between the 2

A premade team of six who don't talk is actually worse than a PUG because you seem to be more likely to face another pre made team who probably are talking.

How would Gaf balance McCree?

Cooldown on Fan?

Remove insta-reload on tac roll?

Reduced fan damage?

More fan spread?

Smaller hitbox on flashbang?

Some combination of the above?

Xeteh

Cooldown on Fan?

Reduced fan damage?

More fan spread?

They want to keep him strong against the faster heroes like Tracer/Genji and flankers. Its going to be some sort of cooldown on Fan, I think. They want to lower his damage to tanks. They basically said there wouldn't be a change to Flashbang.

this is for PC right? because i don't see many dominate McCrees on console.

Yep, he's dumb on PC. People just use his secondary fire constantly, he melts everyone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Snare instead of stun would be a good change.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Cooldown on Fan?

Reduced fan damage?

More fan spread?

Fan is the thing I'd focus on, I like the cooldown idea similar to Lucio so you can't fan roll fan. For him to be the good anti-flanker he is, the flashbang is a necessary evil, and the reload w/ roll is only over the top with Fan, which is how he also melts Tanks.

meanspartan

Friends and I were having a great few hours of matches and so for fun ended the night with a match that was all 4 of us as Bastion, and the two randoms were good sports and followed suit.

We capped the payload and got it to like 80% of the way there before they wised up and went mass Genji...stopped us in our tracks lol. Was fun though.

Cynn

Cooldown on Fan?

Reduced fan damage?

More fan spread?

I'd change nothing. He isn't OP. People cried over Bastion and now he's usually played for a chump because players learned how to counter him.

Keep playing, keep learning, stop begging for balance changes please.

I'd change nothing. He isn't OP. People cried over Bastion and now he's usually played for a chump because players learned how to counter him.

Math says he's OP, and Blizzard says he's OP. You're on the wrong side of history.

PatjuhR

I already hated Mei as an enemy, but now I also hate her just everywhere.

Stupid troll blocking our exit in a crucial part of the match. Good job.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

It's not about OP vs not OP, but oppressive pick rates across the board. Consistently above average is actually worse than flat out OP (like Symmetra on Defense, Lucio on Ilios) because it stifles variety and variety is the lifeblood of this game.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Fan is the thing I'd focus on, I like the cooldown idea similar to Lucio so you can't fan roll fan. For him to be the good anti-flanker he is, the flashbang is a necessary evil, and the reload w/ roll is only over the top with Fan, which is how he also melts Tanks.
I understand people get pissed when their favorite characters get killed quickly, especially if those characters are supposed to be hard to kill, but remember that everyone is supposed to have a weakness. McCree is just really good at destroying big targets with lots of HP, where the people who play those characters like to feel invincible. I really think that's where a lot of butt-hurt is coming from.

R0ckman

Anybody else have king of the hill matches where the group lets the enemy team set up a bastion rein mercy combo continually? I can stop the combo by myself with a surprise pharah but this is the 3rd game where higher level players on my team keep letting him rush down and set up over and damn over and melt them. They wont kill the mercy either (regardless of what she is doing). I have to constantly switch to Winston and go attack them myself. Then switch back to pharah if they get set up again. Just when I got a ton of close fun matches this stupid crap stirs its ugly head again.

Nyx

It's not about OP vs not OP, but oppressive pick rates across the board. Consistently above average is actually worse than flat out OP (like Symmetra on Defense, Lucio on Ilios) because it stifles variety and variety is the lifeblood of this game.

Symmetra on defense is OP now? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom