• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
Junkrat and Pharah.

Junkrat is a bit better but doesn't work at all angles whereas Pharah can peek and shoot from really far if their placement is bad.

And Lucio can do it with some skill. He heals fast enough and moves fast enough that you can take one down and just survive.

Who handles turrets the best? They seem so overpowered.

D.Va can take down turrets as well. Put up the Defense Matrix, charge in, and shoot, circle strafe, shoot more. But she can get put down easily if other enemies are around.

Junkrat is safest counter, in my experience.

Instro

Nothing to add, but as a Winston player I wanted to say this is all really good, standard advice. Playing Winston, know your role and know your prime targets. Think of yourself as less of a tank and more like a Tracer. Except you're a gorilla and she is not a gorilla. You're going for Widow/Hanzo/Mercy/Zeni. You're hopping in and out. You're constantly tagging those health packs. Once you get the hang of him Winston becomes an incredible blast to play. Not even Pharahs can escape the long reach of Gorilla Warfare.

But dear grod, don't think about trying to hop on that Bastion. It never works out.

Yeah I was testing Winston out tonight, Bastion definitely not the business for him lol. He's not easy to get the hang of, particularly since there are targets he simply is not good against, but he can certainly do serious damage with a good leap in on unsuspecting teams. Seems to do best when the enemy team is distracted. Not quite sure how to use his ult yet though. I kind of leap around and hit things, but I'm not sure what the ideal usage is there. It's seems like leaping constantly might be better than swinging and people.

I mostly like soldier and pharah for taking down torbjorn turrets. Although pharah is best because it also kills torbjorn if he actually tries to heal the turret's damage while you hit it. Sometimes torbjorn manages to heal through soldier's clip plus helix, but it doesn't seem often. When it happens it is because of damage drop off at range, while pharah has none.

Zekes!

Yeah I was testing Winston out tonight, Bastion definitely not the business for him lol. He's not easy to get the hang of, particularly since there are targets he simply is not good against, but he can certainly do serious damage with a good leap in on unsuspecting teams. Seems to do best when the enemy team is distracted. Not quite sure how to use his ult yet though. I kind of leap around and hit things, but I'm not sure what the ideal usage is there. It's seems like leaping constantly might be better than swinging and people.

His ult is good for clearing objectives because it sends people flying or people just don't want any of that. It's also good to save it until you're about to die because you get full health. If there's a bunch of the enemy crowded in a hallway or small room then it's good fun to pop in there too.

Winston is probably my favourite character. Managed to get my whole team to switch to him during my last match by spamming the select/deselect character during the countdown screen. We managed to win an amazing match with not much difficulty.

His ult is good for clearing objectives because it sends people flying or people just don't want any of that. It's also good to save it until you're about to die because you get full health. If there's a bunch of the enemy crowded in a hallway or small room then it's good fun to pop in there too.

Winston is probably my favourite character. Managed to get my whole team to switch to him during my last match by spamming the select/deselect character during the countdown screen. We managed to win an amazing match with not much difficulty.

Yeah, I've gotten very few kills directly from Winston's ult, but it's saved my bacon many times.

It also charges pretty quickly, which is handy.

Moonlight

Banned
Primal Rage doubles his health and fills it back up to 100% (so he'll be up to 1000 HP as soon as he activates it). Use it when you're close to dying, bully people with his jumps and his swings. If you're on the objective, get people out of it, if you're near edges, push people off, disrupt their positioning or sometimes you can just shove them into corners and beat on them.

butts

Think they'll ever implement a 1-per-team character limit? Some combos are pretty rough to play against in solo queue.

m4st4

I mostly like soldier and pharah for taking down torbjorn turrets. Although pharah is best because it also kills torbjorn if he actually tries to heal the turret's damage while you hit it. Sometimes torbjorn manages to heal through soldier's clip plus helix, but it doesn't seem often. When it happens it is because of damage drop off at range, while pharah has none.

I seriously need to learn Pharah asap. Love the character design, just didn't click yet gameplay wise.

mreddie

I didn't see this til now

XvvTRzy.jpg

Fugu

I play Mercy almost every game because my laptop can barely run the game so it's quite difficult to play anyone else well. It means my teams never lack suppprt, but sometimes the team composition still ends up... baffling. Just played a map on offense with one suppprt, one offense, and four defense characters.

How do people think this is okay?

Nothing, nothing in this game is more satisfying than pulling a Pharah or Mercy out of the air with Roadhogs hook, or hooking just about any fast weak characters like Tracer or Genji. That split moment were they know they fucked up.

Gator86

I have the worst KOTH teams every goddamn time I play solo queue. They always, ALWAYS cede the point to the enemy team at the beginning, as if it's some part of a grander strategy. However, that strategy is to repeatedly fail to get any kills after, usually sitting a mile away, impotently firing in before getting outsniped and dying anyway.

Hell is playing Overwatch KOTH with an asshole who refuses to play anything but Widowmaker and only uses her short range with her assault rifle. Ranked mode can't get here soon enough. Hopefully, Blizz will find some way to weed out the loathesome people from the population of players who actually try to win.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
People need to stop voting for themselves as player of the game, shit is so obvious sometimes.

Including myself :p

R0ckman

Played DVa, wasnt really good with her, but I never died, was a pain to kill me out of the mech, the pistol is really good.

Moonlight

Banned
I'll be sad when people finally realize D.Va's pistol is insane and stop trying to 1v1 me outside my mech in stupid situations.

Hex

Banned
Ok I may have to give up on the cowboy because I think had the most fun two games ever as Tracer capping it off with a Play of the Game where I get two kills (a Phaera and Genji) then time jump backwards coming up behind the rest of the group killing a junkrat and a roadkill then sticky bombing Toblerone on the back.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be sad when people finally realize D.Va's pistol is insane and stop trying to 1v1 me outside my mech in stupid situations.

I already said it once, but many widowmaker far away died from my pistol. Love that thing and that's why I want an "eject whenever you like" button.

I don't know what Blizzard's MMR is doing to me tonight but I think I've gone something like 2-8 tonight. I don't think I've actually been frustrated with the game until now.

Brutal.

I don't know what Blizzard's MMR is doing to me tonight but I think I've gone something like 2-8 tonight. I don't think I've actually been frustrated with the game until now.

Brutal.
For what it's worth I've had similar experiences with large group games, I feel like they just try to match groups against each other in which case the one with better communication and strategy can win easily.

Does everyone play this game with a group of friends? Sadly no one on my friends list plays this game, and I only just started myself. Anyway I've played in a ton of games now against really solid teams, while no one in my team even tries to defend/move the payload or whatever the objective is. They are just playing TDM basically, which is really frustrating.

Blues1990

Winston is the most aggressive out of the Tank Heroes, as unlike the others, he creates chaos from not only his Tesla Cannon, but as well from his tool set. Don't be afraid to use his Tesla Cannon, as it's not blocked by barriers or Genji's Deflect & it automatically targets any enemies who are within the cone. I only use Winston's Primal Rage when I leap into enemy territory & absorb as much damage as I can take, then activate it, as it patches Winston's Health immediately so you can kick some ass. His Jump Pack also immediately cools off when activating & when Primal Rage ends, so you can hightail it if things don't go as planned or Jump Pack to constantly engage and disengage.

However, Winston's fun can be cut short against the heroes that are excellent at immobilizing or dealing tremendous damage up close, so keep that in mind before you "Go Ape" on your opponents.

For what it's worth I've had similar experiences with large group games, I feel like they just try to match groups against each other in which case the one with better communication and strategy can win easily.
My experience with group until tonight was fairly even. We'd win two, lose one, win one, lose two, etc. It was a nice back and forth. I just felt like I was on a bad roll tonight, and it left me feeling like most of the losses were my fault anyways ;____;

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Does everyone play this game with a group of friends? Sadly no one on my friends list plays this game, and I only just started myself. Anyway I've played in a ton of games now against really solid teams, while no one in my team even tries to defend/move the payload or whatever the objective is. They are just playing TDM basically, which is really frustrating.

Add people from the neogaf spread sheet in the OP

LiK

Ask people here to add you. A lot of people I know actually play on PC so my PS4 groups are pretty slim.

My experience with group until tonight was fairly even. We'd win two, lose one, win one, lose two, etc. It was a nice back and forth. I just felt like I was on a bad roll tonight, and it left me feeling like most of the losses were my fault anyways ;____;

I've been losing the majority of my matches lately. I have no idea how I'm even above a 50% win rate, but it seems like most people are between 50-60%.

Ramirez

Easily the worst night I've ever experienced in this game. I was off my game and the team comps were just miserable all night, teammates picking some absolutely head scratching heroes for what we were up against.

KyleCross

Is anyone else getting their asses handed to them tonight? I've been on a several hour long losing streak, both with a full communicating party and with randoms.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

Is anyone else getting their asses handed to them tonight? I've been on a several hour long losing streak, both with a full communicating party and with randoms.

You should team up

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Brutal.

Similar for me too. Was in a group for a solid 3 hours or so and I feel like we maybe won 3 times.

Atleast we beat the attacking payload team that was literally all Reinhardt + a single Bastion.

I'm still absolutely amazed at how incompetent most people are and don't understand basic things in this game.

For how long this game has been out in the wild, I'm impressed people maintain their stupidity for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom