• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would Gaf balance McCree?

Cooldown on Fan?

Remove insta-reload on tac roll?

Reduced fan damage?

More fan spread?

Smaller hitbox on flashbang?

Some combination of the above?

Flashbang puts a cooldown on roll.

I'd change nothing. He isn't OP. People cried over Bastion and now he's usually played for a chump because players learned how to counter him.

Keep playing, keep learning, stop begging for balance changes please.

Blizzard already stated that McCree is too strong and is going to get nerfed, so no.

Zomba13

I'd change nothing. He isn't OP. People cried over Bastion and now he's usually played for a chump because players learned how to counter him.

Keep playing, keep learning, stop begging for balance changes please.

Nah, he needs some kind of nerf or alteration because as he is now he's just too good. It's not like Bastion where he has his hard counters and is best suited for certain situations (defence mainly), he's just all around good and always a positive for the team over anyone else. He's super strong close range, very good mid range and even good long range if the player has good aim. Even if he messes up on a fan the hammer he can just roll and get an instant redo and take down almost any character in "one" shot. He has his counters, sure, but 1v1 he could beat any of them with very little effort.

I'd personally go for a Fan the Hammer cooldown and possibly lower the range of the Flashbang or make it have to connect with the character to stun, or make it an actual flashbang and it whites the screen and plays a tone over sounds while still allowing movement and firing.

Shane

Got two triple eliminations and a double elimination on B site as Symmetra last night. All through the turrets smashing people as they tried to push site. No vote for the work; I don't think people appreciate "Turret eliminations" for her yet. Probably because the same wording is used for Toblerone and he will generally get more eliminations as his turret is offense based.

In short, playing as Symmetra can be unrewarding. More so when you're getting less XP because medals are harder to achieve as her. You should be getting at least one gold with Mercy, for example. I've played solid wins as Symmetra and not had one gold as all my plays are on control - completely locking down a side flank to A site for example*.
Perhaps a medal for teleporter uptime or usage would be a simple fix here. Had long games to the last second where I've had my teleporter up whenever possible and the game makes no reference to it at the end (though it clearly made a massive difference).

*Last night I held the side flank door on Hollywood and helped us secure a defensive win on A site. If anyone made it through a Toblerone turret on one side and Bastion on the other finished them off.

Majine

Banned
Blizzard hasn't gone out with a number yet in terms of sales? Don't they usually do that with new releases after a few days?

What control settings are you PS4 players using? Mainly horizontal and vertical.

I'm so torn between fast movement so I can react or slow so I can actually aim and there doesn't seem to be much "in between" lol

Aiming with widowmaker is horrible I wish I could iron it out since I'm a lvl 40 lmao

Anybody else have king of the hill matches where the group lets the enemy team set up a bastion rein mercy combo continually? I can stop the combo by myself with a surprise pharah but this is the 3rd game where higher level players on my team keep letting him rush down and set up over and damn over and melt them. They wont kill the mercy either (regardless of what she is doing). I have to constantly switch to Winston and go attack them myself. Then switch back to pharah if they get set up again. Just when I got a ton of close fun matches this stupid crap stirs its ugly head again.

I've never seen this

In fact, I've never ween a lot of the goofy stuff you guys seem to, must be the time zone difference lol

PLAY OF THE GAME IS TOTAL BS!!!!

For the record none of this is exaggeration, this is exactly how it happened.

So last night im playing the control point map Nepal, its 99 - 99 and were in overtime.
Me team is controlling the point when reaper jumps in and wipes out everyone with his ult except me. i'm hiding in the little side room bit as support. Then i hit "heroes never die" on everyone and we win the game. A couple of seconds later were all watching reaper get play of the game :( WTF!!!

PatjuhR

Damn, when you get the hang of Pharah's knockback rocket it's pretty powerfull.

She evolved to my most favourite character in maybe just 2 hours playtime.

ISOM

How would Gaf balance McCree?

Cooldown on Fan?

Remove insta-reload on tac roll?

Reduced fan damage?

More fan spread?

Smaller hitbox on flashbang?

Some combination of the above?

Flashbang puts a cooldown on fanning automatically. The enemy is still stunned and you still get free hits. Fan the hammer + Stun is overkill.

Man, had a Hanzo last night in a match on that chinese tower map, can't remember the name, who didn't die a single time .... but he also didn't do a damn thing in order to win the match.
Soloing around, killing single enemies, didn't use his ult a single time, didn't try to reset the overtime. Thank you, rather useless Hanzo player.

Public games with randoms can be so darn frustrating sometimes.

Shane

Anybody else have king of the hill matches where the group lets the enemy team set up a bastion rein mercy combo continually? I can stop the combo by myself with a surprise pharah but this is the 3rd game where higher level players on my team keep letting him rush down and set up over and damn over and melt them. They wont kill the mercy either (regardless of what she is doing). I have to constantly switch to Winston and go attack them myself. Then switch back to pharah if they get set up again. Just when I got a ton of close fun matches this stupid crap stirs its ugly head again.

I've seen this. Even after repeatedly telling my team to target Mercy first and not the person she's healing. I can see them all going after one person who's being healed, not realising their damage and her healing are cancelling each other out.
Winston can be a good counter for this; or Junkrat's press Q for PotG move.

Man, had a Hanzo last night in a match on that chinese tower map, can't remember the name, who didn't die a single time .... but he also didn't do a damn thing in order to win the match.
Soloing around, killing single enemies, didn't use his ult a single time, didn't try to reset the overtime. Thank you, rather useless Hanzo player.

Public games with randoms can be so darn frustrating sometimes.

Playing for that K/D ratio.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Damn, when you get the hang of Pharah's knockback rocket it's pretty powerfull.

She evolved to my most favourite character in maybe just 2 hours playtime.

I don't know, I always feel not very survivable with her. It's like playing her paints a gigantic target telling the opposition team to just go hard at me.

m4st4

PLAY OF THE GAME IS TOTAL BS!!!!

For the record none of this is exaggeration, this is exactly how it happened.

So last night im playing the control point map Nepal, its 99 - 99 and were in overtime.
Me team is controlling the point when reaper jumps in and wipes out everyone with his ult except me. i'm hiding in the little side room bit as support. Then i hit "heroes never die" on everyone and we win the game. A couple of seconds later were all watching reaper get play of the game :( WTF!!!

Obviously it's just an algorithm that needs (and will get - says Blizzard) improved, over time, not some all knowing A.I. Had plenty of situations like that, where POTG doesn't give a shit about the real turnaround of the game but some random, lucky ulty. I'm saltier about players upvoting wrong aspects of the game, cause they're supposed to be ones making logical decisions.

PatjuhR

I don't know, I always feel not very survivable with her. It's like playing her paints a gigantic target telling the opposition team to just go hard at me.

Yea, I feel your pain.

But maybe it's because I play her rather defensive that I don't die all that much. I love picking higher spots and give them hell. So satisfying taking out turrets and bastions aswell.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Regarding McCree, I think Fan the Hammer should do less damage for each consecutive bullet that hits. It would still kill most squishy characters, but tanks would be able to survive most FtH>roll>FtH combos. Additionally, it wouldn't hurt his ability to kill far away enemies with a spray and pray FtH.

Obviously it's just an algorithm that needs (and will get - says Blizzard) improved, over time, not some all knowing A.I. Had plenty of situations like that, where POTG doesn't give a shit about the real turnaround of the game but some random, lucky ulty. I'm saltier about players upvoting wrong aspects of the game, cause they're supposed to be ones making logical decisions.

Yeah i know but it felt like such a kick in the teeth. Also im bord with reaper POLG clips.

Ill usually up vote a support or tank even if they didn't have the best game just because they were better team players.

Speely

Banned
I don't pay much attention to PotG. It's often not indicative of who contributed the most, and I think most players know that. It's particularly telling when someone gets it yet doesn't even get a win card to upvote.

m4st4

Yeah i know but it felt like such a kick in the teeth. Also im bord with reaper POLG clips.

Ill usually up vote a support or tank even if they didn't have the best game just because they were better team players.

I know. They need to up the chance for healer POTGs (saw a Mercy one yesterday after a good while), turnaround POTG (last second defense during contesting or overtime), more support POTGs would be nice as well.

Xeteh

McCree just needs to have a little more recoil on his shots.

The whole reason they want to make a change to him is so he can't melt tanks so quickly and he's already doing that from very close range, recoil wouldn't make it harder to hit a big target from that range.

PatjuhR

Have I just played against very bad McCree's or is it a PS4 thing, but I don't even hesitate when I see one to hook him in as Roadhog. I rarely die by one of them if I do that.

R0ckman

Nah, he needs some kind of nerf or alteration because as he is now he's just too good. It's not like Bastion where he has his hard counters and is best suited for certain situations (defence mainly), he's just all around good and always a positive for the team over anyone else. He's super strong close range, very good mid range and even good long range if the player has good aim. Even if he messes up on a fan the hammer he can just roll and get an instant redo and take down almost any character in "one" shot. He has his counters, sure, but 1v1 he could beat any of them with very little effort.

I'd personally go for a Fan the Hammer cooldown and possibly lower the range of the Flashbang or make it have to connect with the character to stun, or make it an actual flashbang and it whites the screen and plays a tone over sounds while still allowing movement and firing.

They aren't nerfing the stun bomb, its the ability to do stun fan roll fan and absolutely melt tanks.

Really he has a revolver so 1v1 up close would not be wise. He's a really fun character if you use him the non broken way because one fan is all you need and half the time you engage a tank you'll die just because they USUALLY are not alone, I actually had to switch out in a game because people would drop everything and go after me, they literally all got off the payload and hunted me down when I came out for a Mercy kill.

Schlep

Kept getting thrown on really bad teams tonight, and raging a bit until my last game where we won and I took that as a sign to jump off. It's strange how I can go for days on mediocre/good teams and then all of the sudden every team for a night is just bad.

I learned tonight that having a higher level does not necessarily mean people know what they're doing.

kagamin

Kept getting thrown on really bad teams tonight, and raging a bit until my last game where we won and I took that as a sign to jump off. It's strange how I can go for days on mediocre/good teams and then all of the sudden every team for a night is just bad.

I learned tonight that having a higher level does not necessarily mean people know what they're doing.

Remember, higher level just means someone has been playing for a longer time. :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I understand people get pissed when their favorite characters get killed quickly, especially if those characters are supposed to be hard to kill, but remember that everyone is supposed to have a weakness. McCree is just really good at destroying big targets with lots of HP, where the people who play those characters like to feel invincible. I really think that's where a lot of butt-hurt is coming from.

Nah, I get that. The thing is, there's characters that do specialize in that area already--Reaper being the main example. He's not an upfront fighter, meant to get behind people and chunk them from a surprise attack. The shotgun bullet spread especially rips through characters like Winston who are so big and absorb all the damage. McCree excels in all matchups, particularly against the other attackers in his class where I'd say he creams them all. he's the go-to guy for anti-tracer/genji backline harassing shit, but he will also melt a reaper, shoot a pharah out of the sky, etc. When he is doing this and is also just lobbing flashes over Reinhardt's shield and singlehandedly killing him, he's doing too much.

I'm nearing level 50 and have been at the point lately where double McCree games are pretty common, and I just look at the character list and feel pretty lost which never happens otherwise. When a Widow is giving me issues, I go Winston or Tracer and pester them. When a turret is holding the team down, time for Junkrat or Pharah. But when you have to push a payload and can't really go down alternate routes because of a roaming Cree, I no longer know what to do aside from play my own McCree and try to flashbang them first.

It's very necessary someone like him exists to keep Tracer/Genji stuff in check, though. So his kit needs to still abide by that.

PatjuhR

I'd really recommend Roadhog to get him out of his comfort zone and suprise him. Especially together with a teammate that cowboy will die.

Zaventem

We still lost but holy shit it's the most fun i've had in a long time. Overtime literally went on for 4 minutes.

ExcellentSeveralKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

DeadElasticAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Also if you're on console you gotta switch that jump button ASAP man, Lucio is near unplayble unless you're a god with the claw grip.

nOoblet16

I understand people get pissed when their favorite characters get killed quickly, especially if those characters are supposed to be hard to kill, but remember that everyone is supposed to have a weakness. McCree is just really good at destroying big targets with lots of HP, where the people who play those characters like to feel invincible. I really think that's where a lot of butt-hurt is coming from.

But he is not suppose to be a tank killer, that would be Reaper's job along with flanking support. He is an anti flanker to take care of enemy Reaper, Genji and Tracers.

But at this point he does both, which is why he is OP.

LiK

I'm doing way better with Hanzo now. But I can't still get his damn Ultimate to hit more than 2 guys at a time. I suck a predicting their movements with the dragons.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Make people capable of knocking mccrees out of roll.

Cree can still waste the tracers and genjis of the world, and add some element of skill to the tankier characters stopping mccree from wasting them.

Zaventem

But he is not suppose to be a tank killer, that would be Reaper's job along with flanking support. He is an anti flanker to take care of enemy Reaper, Genji and Tracers.

But at this point he does both, which is why he is OP.

I was about to say this. why play reaper when he does it better. at the very least blizzard is listening so i expect nerfs to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom