• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really hated Lucio, but yesterday someone just kept running in circles around the payload while the rest of his team had set up turrets and snipers further away. Madness! Everyone tried to shoot lucio, but he wouldn't be hit. So we just got picked off by the turrets and snipers.

Zomba13

Never really hated Lucio, but yesterday someone just kept running in circles around the payload while the rest of his team had set up turrets and snipers further away. Madness! Everyone tried to shoot lucio, but he wouldn't be hit. So we just got picked off by the turrets and snipers.

Lol I had a game earlier where I was just running around the enemy cart, wall riding and jumping and healing for a few minutes while they tried to chase me and kept getting picked off. It was great, I love Lucio.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Have you heard of our Lord and savior mei?

Nyx

Lol I had a game earlier where I was just running around the enemy cart, wall riding and jumping and healing for a few minutes while they tried to chase me and kept getting picked off. It was great, I love Lucio.

Lucio is the real OP hero imo.

Love playing him, but he can do anything really.

kromeo

I only really get killed by ultimates as lucio, he's just too quick. Can't comment on symmetra but he feels slightly op compared to the other 2 healers, his E move maybe needs a longer cooldown

Repo Man

Game changer.

Pretty much, just tested it out and zooming around feels a hell of a lot more natural now. Was on a contested point and flew to pharah who was up in the air and hovered next to her and then quickly zoomed down to someone else when they spotted me, all while keeping my heals on the same target. Felt super sexeh.

Love Lucio, only use him on control maps though. I think hes always needed in that mode.
On a related note
m1KDsHgh.jpg

I need some advice guys.

Im level 27 and pretty good with about 7 character, but I'm finding it really hard to learn anybody new. Whenever i start a game with a new hero i usually end up getting my ass kicked after a few mins then switching to a character i know.

What would you guys recommend? Force myself through a game? Play with bots? get gud?

Love Lucio, only use him on control maps though. I think hes always needed in that mode.
On a related note
His ult is amazing for moving the payload to the final checkpoint.

Ugrh I know that feeling. I didn't get any legendary skin until I hit lvl 25. What skin did you get btw?

I got my forth last night, level 27 :p

Oh shit, i forgot to mention that me and another random D.Va (pub group) rushed the points on Volskaya Industries last night.
Quickest attacking win ive ever had. That short cut around the back is a killer for guys that dont know its there.

I only really get killed by ultimates as lucio, he's just too quick. Can't comment on symmetra but he feels slightly op compared to the other 2 healers, his E move maybe needs a longer cooldown

I love holding my ult as Lucio to deny DPS ult to protect my team. when I hear Hanzo shouting Rya Ga Waka FUCK YOU I DROP THE BEAT and the dragons pass through my entire team but we have such overshield that no one dies and we keep pushing.

It's an amazing feeling.

Works well against a reaper throwing his ult into the melee as well or a soldier

Genryu

Banned
Spam chat with F while facing the objective icon, maybe they'll catch on some day.

No they won't, they never do. Snagging people off the car with roadhog and trying to push them all away with my ultimate and I get swarmed and notice in my death screen that everyone is protecting away from the point.

psyfi

Banned
Damn wasn't aware of this! https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...f_youre_playing_mercy_set_up_beam_toggle_and/

A monstrous QoL improvement for me, Mercy feels so much better now as its much easier to fly from player to player. Should be like this by default imo.
Are the character specific options available on console too? I tried looking for them but couldn't find them.

Thank you. I think learning PC controls would really improve my enjoyment of this thread. People mention keys and clicks like nobody's business.
For reals, I don't know what people are talking about half the time. They should just say the ability name.

I do this all the time. Honestly, Lucio feels like the best nuisance character, even over Tracer. His survivability is nuts.

Jito

Banned
Oh man, that feeling you get when you know your character change saved your team from losing but POTG goes to the guy playing Tracer all match getting a few kills.

Freeze him with Mei and protect Mei with tank. Or use Junkrats trap. Or stun him with McCree. There are quite a number of counters :)

Shane

1upsuper said:
Thank you. I think learning PC controls would really improve my enjoyment of this thread. People mention keys and clicks like nobody's business.

For reals, I don't know what people are talking about half the time. They should just say the ability name.

Default from memory:

Mouse 1 = Action 1
Mouse 2 = Action 2
Left Shift (LShift) = Special 1
E = Special 2
Q = Ultimate

Oh man, that feeling you get when you know your character change saved your team from losing but POTG goes to the guy playing Tracer all match getting a few kills.

Changing character mid-match to keep in the game knackers my stats. Doesn't feel recognised at all.

psyfi

Banned
You know, I haven't died to a D.va ult in ages. I wouldn't mind seeing it get a shorter fuse. She could use a slight buff anyhow.

Zaventem

Are the character specific options available on console too? I tried looking for them but couldn't find them.

Yeah, in the controls options under heroes you can change for individual heroes. It's the first thing i did for mercy since someone linked me this vid about hero changes. Hold to heal is god damn terrible and should never have been the default.

Repo Man

I wouldn't know as I only have the PC version but I would have thought the console version had almost the same options. On PC theres a drop down on the top right corner of the controls screen that lets you choose between "All Heroes" or specify a hero. Mercy is the only character that has 2 hero specific options and her name is highlighted with a *. You can also configure the key mappings for all characters separately should you wish to do so.

peakish

I used to be decent at Lucio, but a few levels later I mostly get seriously outmatched by the other team's player. Couldn't keep up! Picking him a bit less now as a result.

You know, I haven't died to a D.va ult in ages. I wouldn't mind seeing it get a shorter fuse. She could use a slight buff anyhow.

I completely agree!

It's not a threat at all anymore, people hear it and have more than enough time to hide. I am lucky to get one kill out of it lately, it takes way too long to blow up.

kromeo

She could use an alternate fire or something, her weapon is too weak considering she dies so easily as well

Funny enough, I deal more DMG as Dva with her side pistol as in her Mech. Her Side pistol is so fast, accurate, you can land tons of shots from afar.

While in her mech, you are big, you take tons of agro, you can avoid much the shots, you have poor range and lots of dispertion...

Blizzard seems really slow to nerf/buff anyone. The Mcree changes have been needed for months now. Mei needs some too, why would they even make someone capable of stunlocking? They spent a decade trying to balance rogues in WoW for the exact same problems.

I wouldn't know as I only have the PC version but I would have thought the console version had almost the same options. On PC theres a drop down on the top right corner of the controls screen that lets you choose between "All Heroes" or specify a hero. Mercy is the only character that has 2 hero specific options and her name is highlighted with a *. You can also configure the key mappings for all characters separately should you wish to do so.

Lucio's "hold to use heal song" option isn't available on console. As far as I know it's only that one, but I have no idea why that's the case. It's one of the worse options anyway though, so it's fine.

People are starting to shoot it into the air now which eats up a lot of the fuse time. It kind of just lands and explodes then

I need some advice guys.

Im level 27 and pretty good with about 7 character, but I'm finding it really hard to learn anybody new. Whenever i start a game with a new hero i usually end up getting my ass kicked after a few mins then switching to a character i know.

What would you guys recommend? Force myself through a game? Play with bots? get gud?

I just hope that when ranked comes out that people will not feel as pressured to not make mistakes when learning and experimenting in casual queues but I doubt it.

I really don't give two shits about commendations or the play of the game (which doesn't even work half there time). I'd rather they just skip to my score screen and the next match.

Commendations are especially fucking worthless. If they actually did something like give you a little XP then it'd be cool.

I really don't give two shits about commendations or the play of the game (which doesn't even work half there time). I'd rather they just skip to my score screen and the next match.

Commendations are especially fucking worthless. If they actually did something like give you a little XP then it'd be cool.

It's the only opportunity you have to see how other people performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom