• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Wow, that's why yesterday our opposing team lost nearly all its players toward the end ?

It's SFV all over again lol...

It will be a mess when competitive mode arrives and we start seeing minimum W/L required to join team when this stat will be skewed by rage quitters.

I'm assuming ranked will have more of a penalty, maybe something like Rocket League where it gives you an L and bans you from playing ranked for 15 minutes.

Obviously assuming Blizzard are smarter than Capcom here...

Bittercup

Doesn't it still count as a loss if you leave early? That's how most other games do it.
I don't know. I read this in the Overwatch forum, why people quit when the game seems to end in a loss.
Still counting it as a loss would certainly be better, if that's really not the case already.

After work / family commitments I was finally able to sink some time into this yesterday. I hate Mei. Screw that stupid pudgy cow and her freezing gun.

1156.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
On the note of hooking something you shouldn't, is it ever advisable to hook a Reinhardt? Feels like he just dashes and stomps on my face right after.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
On the note of hooking something you shouldn't, is it ever advisable to hook a Reinhardt? Feels like he just dashes and stomps on my face right after.

maybe when he just dashed a teammate to get him away from him and keep him from making a killing blow ^-^

Trying a new thing to mix it up and learn new characters: playing whoever pops up on the main menu first. I think Blizzard did a very good job of making all of the classes enjoyable and unique.

Seems like hooking a relatively healthy Reinhardt would end badly for Roadhog. Other tanks you could probably come out on top.

Milijango

In theory forcing Reinhardt out of position sounds like a good idea. Not to kill him, but to open up whoever's behind his shield.

Ken

In my experience Roadhog's primary wrecks Reinhardt, and I think he can out heal most of Reinhardt's damage with E provided the latter doesn't have a charge to interrupt.

If no charge, it's Roadhog's 300 heal vs Reinhardt's 75dmg melee and 100dmg firestrike.

And in the end you're still pulling a Reinhardt out of position so probably a win-win for the hog.

Doikor

Yes if you hook him to somewhere where you have some teammates to help. Like into a spot where Bastion or Widowmaker or whatever gets free shot on him (need to have enough heroes/teamwork to kill him before he shields up though) or just pull him close to Mei who just freezes him trough the shield and he dead :)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I've never played Mei but she's definitely one of the cooler (HAR HAR HAR) characters. Her abilities are totally unique!

Plus I just unlocked her "Rescue Mei" costume, thus almost guaranteeing that I'll be learning to play as her eventually.

Ken

Yes if you hook him to somewhere where you have some teammates to help. Like into a spot where Bastion or Widowmaker or whatever gets free shot on him (need to have enough heroes/teamwork to kill him before he shields up though) or just pull him close to Mei who just freezes him trough the shield and he dead :)

If a Reinhardt throws up barrier after getting hooked Roadhog can just walk past it and blast him lol.

The Payload is more than knee high.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, lol.

But:

Mercy on the payload in shitty pub games.

I use it to hide behind the payload so I don't get shot by a Widowmaker or Bastion.

Apparently some use there.

It's good for sneaking up on people using Reaper.

I use it every once in a while.

Your footstep sounds become non-existent, or at least far more subdued.

It's nice to not let the enemy McCree know you're coming around the corner for him to flashbang you.

Ah, of course, I didn't think about how it makes you more silent! Good idea.

Bittercup

You can rescue people from Roadhog's hook by casting ice wall in between while they are being pulled in. I didn't know this works. Happened just by accident.

kromeo

You can rescue people from Roadhog's hook by casting ice wall in between while they are being pulled in. I didn't know this works. Happened just by accident.

If anyone can actually do this quickly enough then theyve got much faster reaction speed than me...

PatjuhR

I say yes. I do it most of the time and only once in a while it backfires at me.

He will be confused the first second so you most likely get two shots away at him. Then he can move and most of the time the Reinhard shields up. I either try to walk behind his shield to kill him then or my teammates will finish him.

Klyka

Banned
I sure love being pinned by Reinhardts charge over and over and over again even though I easily sidestep it every time but MUH COMPETITIVE TICKRATE says I didn't.

Fucking expect more from a developer by Blizzard

Mupod

Roadhog kills Reinhardt in like 2 headshots and some change. It's not a bad idea to hook one, there's just usually way better targets and he might put up the shield and block the chain.

Good luck reacting quickly enough to do this intentionally.

even if you somehow managed to do it, roadhog would probably just pull them through the wall half the time. I've pulled people and been pulled through buses, floors, ramps etc.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I sure love being pinned by Reinhardts charge over and over and over again even though I easily sidestep it every time but MUH COMPETITIVE TICKRATE says I didn't.

You can't disagree with blizzards tick rate because you're not a pro mlg player bruh.

Did you watch the network performance video I posted yesterday?
It talks about tick and latency and how it affects OW.

Zaph

Damn wasn't aware of this! https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...f_youre_playing_mercy_set_up_beam_toggle_and/

A monstrous QoL improvement for me, Mercy feels so much better now as its much easier to fly from player to player. Should be like this by default imo.

I tried this for a few games and while it's a nice QoL improvement for general play, it has a significant drawback in clutch moments. When a fight gets heated and you're getting knocked around (or even thrown off the map) hitting Guardian Angel can get you back to safety without a target in LoS, thanks to the game's latency/tick-rate and the high tolerance on your beam (almost like a mini Tracer Recall). Not worth giving up imo.

Pooya

playing pharah, I jump jet everytime but nope, I still get pinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom