• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

The first time I took that shortcut I aimed too high as D.Va and hit the wall above the gap. So I fell in the ice, together with the Mercy that was following me. Oops.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, it is called the practice range. I imagine it's there so you can, you know, practice.

I usually take a "learn while playing" approach and ignore these things (like training mode in fighting games)

its why im shit

Does anyone use the crouch in this game? I use it all the time in Btatlefield and CoD but it seems pretty useless here. There's practically never any knee-high cover to hide behind either.

I really don't give two shits about commendations or the play of the game (which doesn't even work half there time). I'd rather they just skip to my score screen and the next match.

Commendations are especially fucking worthless. If they actually did something like give you a little XP then it'd be cool.

you do get XP based on your commendations though

Indignate

Does anyone use the crouch in this game? I use it all the time in Btatlefield and CoD but it seems pretty useless here. There's practically never any knee-high cover to hide behind either.

I use it every once in a while.

Your footstep sounds become non-existent, or at least far more subdued.

It's nice to not let the enemy McCree know you're coming around the corner for him to flashbang you.

Blizzard

Banned
Crouch is nice to avoid giving away your position with footsteps, and to avoid your head poking up when hiding as a Genji or sniper on rooftops with little walls.

You can crouch?

image.php

Crouch is nice to avoid giving away your position with footsteps, and to avoid your head poking up when hiding as a Genji or sniper on rooftops with little walls.
You can also use it as a sniper to get a different angle on certain shots. It's useful on the Russia map in particular because of the bridges and walkways near B

You know, I haven't died to a D.va ult in ages. I wouldn't mind seeing it get a shorter fuse. She could use a slight buff anyhow.

Ive not killed many people with it but its more of an area denial tool. Its best used to move people away from the payload when making the final push to a checkpoint, or for clearing an area of turrets etc.

Bittercup

I need some advice guys.

Im level 27 and pretty good with about 7 character, but I'm finding it really hard to learn anybody new. Whenever i start a game with a new hero i usually end up getting my ass kicked after a few mins then switching to a character i know.

What would you guys recommend? Force myself through a game? Play with bots? get gud?
I had the same problem with Widowmaker and having it right now with Zenyatta. In the end I just pick the character I want to lean over and over in normal quick play matches to practice and watched a few guide videos for general advices. Worked fine with Widowmaker and I feel a lot better now playing with her.
The game is still new and you see regularly people who aren't super confident and skilled with the characters they play. I would just keep playing the characters you want to learn.

Bittercup

Wow, this matchmaking is something else. Pop in 5 seconds before the defeat screen. GG !
I saw this a few times as well. People just leaving a few seconds before a loss. I read this is to prevent their win/loss ratio from going down. Pretty silly and annoying for people who then join the now open slot in the match.

I saw this a few times as well. People just leaving a few seconds before a loss. I read this is to prevent their win/loss ratio from going down. Pretty silly and annoying for people who then join the now open slot in the match.

Doesn't it still count as a loss if you leave early? That's how most other games do it.

Hey guys,

Looking for links / suggestions for a place to watch comp matches. Also if there are any channels / websites that do guides for maps / heroes, that'd be swell.

I've had a bit of a gander, but figured there may be some hidden gems out there.

Hyun Sai

Wow, that's why yesterday our opposing team lost nearly all its players toward the end ?

It's SFV all over again lol...

It will be a mess when competitive mode arrives and we start seeing minimum W/L required to join team when this stat will be skewed by rage quitters.

I had the same problem with Widowmaker and having it right now with Zenyatta. In the end I just pick the character I want to lean over and over in normal quick play matches to practice and watched a few guide videos for general advices. Worked fine with Widowmaker and I feel a lot better now playing with her.
The game is still new and you see regularly people who aren't super confident and skilled with the characters they play. I would just keep playing the characters you want to learn.

I think i will, i just feel bad for the rest of the team when im totally sucking and i know i could make a huge difference with another character.
I think ill try playing 90% with someone new then maybe the last 10 with a character im good at of its a close game.

Ken

I think i will, i just feel bad for the rest of the team when im totally sucking and i know i could make a huge difference with another character.
I think ill try playing 90% with someone new then maybe the last 10 with a character im good at of its a close game.

How dare you. You should go play 300 matches of Vs. AI before you taint Quick Play with your attempts to learn a new character.

Cartho

After work / family commitments I was finally able to sink some time into this yesterday. I hate Mei. Screw that stupid pudgy cow and her freezing gun.

It's fine if you're not good with a character as long as you're trying at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom