• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copenap

Yes, certainly nothing I could pull off intentionally. I was just impressed, that it was even possible. Just a cool little detail.
But I wonder if we'll see similar crazy things from top players in tournaments.
Would be more surprised if it did not work. I mean are you supposed to glitch through the wall?

canceling ult with Roadhog hook is amazing.

Farah going all Macross Missile Massacre. NOPE COME HERE, I CAN SPAM SHIT TOO

McCree what time is it ? HIGH NOON ? NO ITS NOT COME HERE ITS TIME TO EAT SCRAP

Soldier76, you got me in your Sight ? YEAH COME CLOSER

Another Roadhog spamming it's Ult ? HOW RUDE AND LOUD, COME HERE AND SHUT UP

I never get tired of this hook

I basically never play Reinhardt. I'm too twitchy and aggressive and gotta go all the time in this game.

But then I pulled the Stoneheart legendary skin yesterday, so it's time for me to start playing him.

I apologize to any GAFfers I play with in advance. Hope you guys like having a shield in front of you and then suddenly not because "oh, an enemy, let me pin their ass."

Hooking a Reaper on or before their second "Die!" of the ultimate is the best.

Alucrid

Banned

you can cancel genji's sword activation too

Genji can deflect Soldier 76's heal.

http://imgur.com/kzNljDH

The fuck.

I know I used this in the previous page, but...

1156.gif

Why is Symmetra classed as a support character? She is very similar to Torbjörn but her sentries are short range rather than mid range and provides a shield rather than armour.

PatjuhR

Well yea, but the stuff that makes you on fire also makes your ult charge up faster. So when you are on fire you do charge up quicker.

Why is Symmetra classed as a support character? She is very similar to Torbjörn but her sentries are short range rather than mid range and provides a shield rather than armour.

It probably made more sense when she shielded for 50. But at 25 it's virtually meaningless. She's probably in support because otherwise you'd have a class type that has half the characters of every other class type in the game. Even at 4 it's under represented by 1-2 and by 2-3 by healer roles.

It drives me insane that there is a section for tanks and the character that actually turns into an actual tank isn't in that section. THIS IS WHY VIDEO GAMES WILL NEVER BE MAINSTREAM.

Fliesen

to be fair, Pharah and possibly McCree should be way out of range when popping their ult.

I sweat the most frustrating deaths are to Symmetra's turrets. I feel like the world's biggest dumbass when I run though a doorway and suddenly have four lasers melting me and I'm shooting around like a madman trying to destroy them and completely fail.

Zemm

Anyone else have trouble with playing with Zenyatta? Every time I pick him, the healer decide to play something else... I mean he can heal but I don't think he's suited to be the only healer.

This is the problem with him and Symetra, people see them and assume the healing is covered. I mean, sure play whatever you like and I don't ever tell or ask people to switch heroes, but Lucio and Mercy should be moved to another section called "healers" and another 1-2 heroes added to that eventually.

I sweat the most frustrating deaths are to Symmetra's turrets. I feel like the world's biggest dumbass when I run though a doorway and suddenly have four lasers melting me and I'm shooting around like a madman trying to destroy them and completely fail.

It's mostly a matter of checking the enemy team foster. If you see there is a Symmetra, just be conscious of where the places people set turrets usually are. Good players will consistently destroy them from appropriate angles. It's mostly a matter of understanding map layout.

This is the problem with him and Symetra, people see them and assume the healing is covered. I mean, sure play whatever you like and I don't ever tell or ask people to switch heroes, but Lucio and Mercy should be moved to another section called "healers" and another 1-2 heroes added to that eventually.

This would help a lot.

Zomba13

I liken it to walking through a doorway where there is a big spider web and you don't notice its there. You walk through, get attacked, then flail around in a panic because you're about to die because spiders are descending on you.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

Agree with this. Hope it happens.

Repo Man

Yeah. It can be useful for the enemy team to know who to focus on. Plus you may show up on a card after the game as MVP for extra bragging rights.

I use it as a way to counter the other team. As in if a Genji is on fire and were losing ill swap to mei, Or a Pharah ill swap to 76 etc..

Cool, will have to keep an eye on the enemy team more

I tried this for a few games and while it's a nice QoL improvement for general play, it has a significant drawback in clutch moments. When a fight gets heated and you're getting knocked around (or even thrown off the map) hitting Guardian Angel can get you back to safety without a target in LoS, thanks to the game's latency/tick-rate and the high tolerance on your beam (almost like a mini Tracer Recall). Not worth giving up imo.

Yea totally get that but so far I find this alternative style more suited for my playstyle and its already saved my ass several times as I've had my heal on our tank during payload and a pesky Zarya drops that gravity field thingy that sucks you in, I've managed to flee to safety much easier by using Guardian Angel on a player that was further away. Will have to keep testing and if I find myself in the sort of situations you described I might change back.

Also, is it my imagination or is Mercy's beam range shorter than the range of Guardian Angel ? If so then wouldn't that effectively reduce the range of your Guardian Angel if you got your beam active ? In certain situations that is.

It's mostly a matter of checking the enemy team foster. If you see there is a Symmetra, just be conscious of where the places people set turrets usually are. Good players will consistently destroy them from appropriate angles. It's mostly a matter of understanding map layout.

Yeah, I've noticed people are getting more conscious of Symmetra's turrets lately. I used to wreck shit with her by just putting a bunch of them above a doorway and watching people stumble into them over and over again. Most of my recent matches it's more common that all of them end up destroyed right after the attacking team's first push. Probably need to study the maps more and figure out better angles.

Shane

As a Symmetra player, I concur.

Some teams don't know what to do. Other, wiser players figure it out and start countering.

What I've been doing is paying more attention to what turret placements last the longest. What angles and positions are just out of splash damage reach (or a giant hammer arc).

Which is why most symmetra plays, use the turrets as anti flank tools.

Blues1990

A friend of mine decided to treat me & used his credit card to get me 50 loot crates, as a super-early B-Day present.

Imagine my luck that NONE of those damn crates had given me a single legendary costume. Not a stinking one. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom