• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I love Genji but all of the other offense characters are so much easier to play. I usually do well, but my score will usually be better with tracer etc

I think it's the limitations of consoles

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man, I feel robbed. Had my best game yet as D.va on defense. Kill streak of 11 and then another of 17 and a total of 29. Heaps of triple and double kills both with and without ultimate.

POTG goes to a triple kill from a Reaper with his ultimate. Didn't even get a mention in the votes despite getting the most eliminations in my team :/

This happens to my DVA a lot too, I think it may be due to the fact that either A) you are not dealing a lot of finishing blows or B) you are dealing a lot of finishing blows to very low health enemies. Usually those are my 20+ games that don't net me a card.

Also, I've probably bought around 25 boxes, 5 at a time. Each set of 5 boxes has gotten me a legendary.

Ken

Man I love Genji but all of the other offense characters are so much easier to play. I usually do well, but my score will usually be better with tracer etc

Genji is probably the highest skill cap offense hero IMO.

He's frantic enough to play on PC, I can hardly imagine trying to play him with a controller.

kiguel182

Fighting a good Tracer in general is one of the worst experiences ever. Its like a very angry wasp stinging you and dodging every slap you take at it.

It's incredibly annoying. Even when I get it to low health it keeps dodging me and I just want it to stat still. Ugh.

About half of the cast are totally different with a mouse and keyboard. On ps4 I generally feel like I should be playing 1 of maybe 5 heroes.

TheMink

I'm 18 ive bought two 5 drop loot crates total, my legendaries:

- Red Rienhart (my very first loot crate no less)
- Young Hanzo
- Young Genji
- Egypt Zen
- Soldier 76 camo

I think that's it.

mp1990

Banned
so is this the thread where we bow to D.va's greatness and bash Blizzard for not buffing her to hell and back?

(hi guys, I own OW on pc, do you people ever play together? I've had some matches with some SteamGAF members and it was really fun, it's always nice to have a known someone backing you up lol)

PatjuhR

Lol, they at least should make a fix for that. 50 crates without one legendary skin is not cool.

They are robbing their own wallet aswell. Like you gonna buy another 50 ever again after such bullcrap.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I wonder what the longevity of the game will be on PS4 - seems like it sold a boat load, and Blizzard is great with retention and content updates.

Very curious to see how the community evolves with Ranked, too.

Same. I got Hitman Episode 3 and the new Witcher expansion waiting for me, fully downloaded. I come home and play Overwatch until 1 am. :|

I haven't even beaten Uncharted 4 yet... I'm on Chapter 15 and I can't tear myself away from OW when I have time to game.

some of my coworkers play Overwatch at work

I do too but I wait til lunch break at least (usually)

jealous.

I think I'm a little addicted too. I've been sleeping 5-6 hours a night since the launch and neglect the household stuff as much as possible. I even skipped getting wasted last weekend.

Overwatch be healing muh liver.

the struggle is real

Alucrid

Banned
A friend of mine decided to treat me & used his credit card to get me 50 loot crates, as a super-early B-Day present.

Imagine my luck that NONE of those damn crates had given me a single legendary costume. Not a stinking one. ;_;

Overwatch: "Happy Birthday"

Mupod

Level 46 +10 extra loot boxes due to poor decision making while a bit drunk. I've gotten one legendary gold drop and 5 skins. 3 of which were for the only 3 characters I don't like playing (Yeti Mei, Wolf Hanzo, Junker D-Va). Yeah, can't really recommend spending money, but I'll probably end up doing it again once they add more skins.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
might be having my worst loss streak yet in the game :/

I'm level 34 and bought 5 boxes and so far have only had one legendary skin and some cash, which I used to buy a legendary skin I wanted.

Not the worst luck but not good either

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not even just pugs now, im a small group. just not my day I guess

Rizzi

Yeesh. Pretty sure I'm done with Overwatch until McCree gets the shit nerfed out of his fan + flashbang + fan combo.

nOoblet16

I feel that they deserve to be at a disadvantage, not that they deserve to automatically die regardless of of a players skill level because they stepped into his range. Everything in the games design should be at least partially skill facilitated, and McCree's go-to kill method isn't that at all.

Even if McCree didn't have a stun at all he would still be at an advantage in those circumstances. Stun has absurd utility, putting aside the instant-kill, it can also pull just about anyone out of their ult. Genji, Reaper, Roadhog etc. he pulls them right out of it. Not only is McCree absurdly good in his own right, his stun makes him a counterpick to all other on the ground offensive options. Logically, Pharah would be his counterpick since he is stuck on the ground and has high close range efficacy, but she's not, in 4 shots he can down her at mid-long range, even faster with a bit of luck and fan the hammer.

Only tracer seems like a counterpick to McCree, but they seem pretty even. The problem is that you have this idea that he is 'bad at range' therefore he is balanced out by this weakness, but he isn't bad at range at all and at the same time he is so good at close range that he completely nullifies the efficacy of other offensive heroes.

I think fan the hammer is fun and the fan the hammer roll combo actually requires some skill with the opportunity for opponents to outplay you, it's just the stun and the ranged damage that fan the hammer can do that are an issue. Fan the hammer should have more damage drop off, and I think his flashbang should be a blind, not a stun, providing players some opportunity to counter with their kit.
Genji, Tracer and Reaper will all be able to get away immediately if the flash is just a blind, Tracer can recall or blink past him, Reaper can just go in wraith form as he does in any close battle when he is low on health, while Genji can just swipe away. In all these cases McCree won't be able to do shit because they'll just be too far away for his fan.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, noobs on the official forums are getting scared about the McCree nerf, I'd be worried too if I were using him as a crutch.

nOoblet16

It's a mix of two things, the skill cap for Genji is higher than anyone else in game and controllers.

It's not that controllers inherently limit what he can do, it's that Overwatch doesn't allow high turn speed. Even the slow Halo games have a higher turning speed than Overwatch's max controller sensitivity and you really do want fairly high sensitivity with Genji if you want to use him effectively because it allows you to escape properly, use our Dragonblade with maximum effectiveness etc

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What do you figure they'll do with McCree nerf? Put roll & flashbang on the same cooldown? I mean, you'll still kill the weaker heroes with this as easy as right now, but tanks should stay alive at least.

Genji's one of the heroes I can't imagine playing on consoles. The others are Widowmaker, McCree, Hanzo, Pharah, Tracer. I would find all of those immensely frustrating with a controller.

patchday

Damn... that's a lot of money wasted on random loot boxes. Can't see myself ever doing that.

never can fathom negative responses to loot box purchases. Perhaps he's got way more money then time

Regardless, we all benefit from loot box purchases. hopefully the funds goes towards more skins, etc

All that being said I havent spent any money on loot boxes

patchday

Pharah is a nightmare on controller when you want to boost + hover-glide + shoot all at once. much, much, easier on KB + M

I own overwatch on PC + PS4

Daft Punk

Banned
Finally got my first legendary skin, Mei's Abominable skin. I love the skin, but after opening 11 bought boxes and 18 level boxes and that's all I got outside of voice lines and sprays? Yeah, Blizzard is being stingy as hell and it needs to be changed.

Pharah is a nightmare on controller when you want to boost + hover-glide + shoot all at once. much, much, easier on KB + M

This is what I experienced when I tried her with a controller. Much easier on kb/m.

Finally got my first legendary skin, Mei's Abominable skin. I love the skin, but after opening 11 bought boxes and 18 level boxes and that's all I got outside of voice lines and sprays? Yeah, Blizzard is being stingy as hell and it needs to be changed.

It's random though. You were just unlucky. Some people are getting tons of skins. Although I do agree that a pity timer like Hearthstone would be very beneficial.

KyleCross

there are no legendary emotes, only epic
Aren't all of the emotes epic? I don't recall any legendary emotes.
Sounds like an epic. Epics are purple and Legendary's are orange. Although if you haven't had one in 38 levels that's some real bad luck.
Emotes are Epic loots, which are purple.

...Oh god, have you only been getting whites and blues for 37 levels?
Apologies, still working on getting my terminology right. Yes, it was purple.

And yes, I've been getting whites and blues. Beyond this most recent Epic, which is the first one I got, I did actually get a Legendary like 15 levels ago in the form of Genji's Nomad skin. Other than those two, just whites and blues...

Xater

What the hell are you talking about? It's super easy. It's the same amount of buttons you use on a PC.

Just because some PC players can't possibly imagine those characters being played with a pad doesn't mean they don't work. If you are used to playing with a pad they are all a non issue. The last two CODs are harder to play with a pad than Overwatch.

You may know this, but hover is also on L2. I didn't realize that at first and thought the controls were crazy.

ExVicis

It's a Blizzard game dude. Random loot is random. This is pretty much the life of any player who plays a Blizzard game.

Genji's one of the heroes I can't imagine playing on consoles. The others are Widowmaker, McCree, Hanzo, Pharah, Tracer. I would find all of those immensely frustrating with a controller.

I play all of those characters with a controller. No frustrations had.

No doubt I'd be a better Widowmaker rocking the M+Kb, but I'm at this weird point in my life where I'm caught in the middle of this insuppressible romance between my ass and my couch. The Steam Link is enabling those two like crazy.

KyleCross

What the hell are you talking about? It's super easy. It's the same amount of buttons you use on a PC.

I imagine the difficulty he means is the aspect of holding the X button while also needing to use the right stick to aim. I ended up mapping X for Pharah onto L2.

EDIT: Oh, it already is and doesn't need mapping? Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom