• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you figure they'll do with McCree nerf? Put roll & flashbang on the same cooldown? I mean, you'll still kill the weaker heroes with this as easy as right now, but tanks should stay alive at least.

From what I've read, it sounds like the Fan the Hammer move is the one that's going to be nerfed. I've seen it suggested before and it seems like an easy fix: just put a cooldown on it. Would still let McCree take out weaker heroes but would keep him from wiping out tanks single-handed with the Flash-Fan-Roll-Fan combo.

nOoblet16

Isn't her hover on a face button? Without a claw grip, that sounds horrible.

Pharah is a nightmare on controller when you want to boost + hover-glide + shoot all at once. much, much, easier on KB + M

I own overwatch on PC + PS4
You can hover with L2, you don't need to hold X to hover.

But you're just using the wrong controller scheme. The first thing you should be doing for any FPS on consoles (provided it's an option) is to change to jumper controls. That allows you to jump with L1/LB without taking your thumbs off analogue sticks. Switch X with L1 and boom you can now jump, hover and aim at the same time.

LiK

Pharah is a nightmare on controller when you want to boost + hover-glide + shoot all at once. much, much, easier on KB + M

I own overwatch on PC + PS4

What's so hard? She's my most played and I only play on PS4. I find her fun to play. Hover with L2 and shoot with R2 and aim with right stick. I dunno, seems fine.

I guess PC controls are even simpler?

Isn't her hover on a face button? Without a claw grip, that sounds horrible.

The beautiful L2 button is also hover but the game doesn't tell you by default.

Xater

But ergonomically easier on a kb/m. Although I didn't know about the L2 thing. I was using A which was fucking impossible.

Well duh. That's why you read the tool tips. Hover has always been on L2 and it's easy to do. It's just using two triggers and two sticks, you do that in most shooters anyway.

Yea, 50 boxes with no Legendaries is insane to me.

Especially sense a lot of people have seemed to confirm that you are guaranteed at least one legendary per 50 packs in Hearthstone. So Blizzard has some way to ensure it happens there, so not sure why it is not happening here.

I just want pirate Torb. Though they really missed a Lost Vikings opportunity with him. Though watch that be one of the first waves of DLC.

I think I'm a little addicted too. I've been sleeping 5-6 hours a night since the launch and neglect the household stuff as much as possible. I even skipped getting wasted last weekend.

Overwatch be healing muh liver.

I was going to masturbate, but then I figured I could just main McCree instead.

PatjuhR

Sweet, thanks for the L2 = hovering info.

I've been struggeling with shooting in the air, I expect it to go better now. Didn't even know you could change controls for each Hero indepently. Can't wait to try.

LiK

Just wanted to say that this community is one of my faves on GAF. Everyone here is always nice. Keep being you, you guys.

You can hover with L2, you don't need to hold X to hover.

But you're just using the wrong controller scheme. The first thing you should be doing for any FPS on consoles (provided it's an option) is to change to jumper controls. That allows you to jump with L1/LB without taking your thumbs off analogue sticks. Switch X with L1 and boom you can now jump, hover and aim at the same time.
I used to use Bumper Jumper for Halo, so this sounds fine.

I guess it's really just the twich/mobility characters I would hate to use on console. Genji especially, because I'm just always moving and doing swift 180s.

Well duh. That's why you read the tool tips. Hover has always been on L2 and it's easy to do. It's just using two triggers and two sticks, you do that in most shooters anyway.

Bearing in mind I have spent about 5% of my Overwatch time on a controller you can understand why I didn't figure out the L2 thing. Don't play a lot of shooters on a controller tbf, just Destiny.

X-Frame

I wonder why Blizzard designed the Console aiming sensitivity with so much input lag (or is it a high deadzone? I always confuse the two).

Coming from or returning to Destiny really shows the difference in aiming.

I guess it was an intentional decision, but it feels no different than what I remember Killzone 2 feeling like on PS3 and so many people complained of the input lag.

nOoblet16

No it isn't.

Next time you get killed by Hanzo's so called treelogs....tell yourself how wrong you are.
20 tick rate is very very low and will hamper any game.

I used to use Bumper Jumper for Halo, so this sounds fine.

I guess it's really just the twich/mobility characters I would hate to use on console. Genji especially, because I'm just always moving and doing swift 180s.

Genji would be fine as well if the max turn speed wasn't so restrictive on console. Compare how fast you can turn in Halo/COD/Doom even at medium sensitivity to how fast you can turn in Overwatch at max.

nOoblet16

Left clicking as McCree and missing a Pharah in the air, while ur crosshair is dead on her is starting to get old. -_-

Yea and I thought it was my aim, but it isn't.
A hit scan weapon that doesn't really hit where you shoot because of the tickrate (since Pharah is always moving when she is up in the air) is terrible.

Next time you get killed by Hanzo's so called treelogs....tell yourself how wrong you are.

20 tick rate is very very low and will hamper any game.
It "hampers" the game by about 20ms on average. This has been discussed to death: A higher tickrate would be great, but 99% of the time what people are blaming on "tickrate" is either unavoidable Internet latency or their own cognitive dissonance about dying.

Hanzo arrow hitboxes are a whole other issue.

Not sure if it's tickrate or ping (even though I average at 35ms on europe) but seeing yourself in killcams NOT behind that wall you ran behind and being killed in the open is something that happens all too often.

Or I move and jump to avoid something, die, and was standing still on the enemy killcam.

Especially sense a lot of people have seemed to confirm that you are guaranteed at least one legendary per 50 packs in Hearthstone. So Blizzard has some way to ensure it happens there, so not sure why it is not happening here.

I just want pirate Torb. Though they really missed a Lost Vikings opportunity with him. Though watch that be one of the first waves of DLC.
Yeah, I think Hearthstone is even less, something like 38 packs before a guaranteed legendary. Diablo 3 had pity timers too.
I'm pretty shocked that this game can be so unforgiving with it's loot box RNG. I've got about one legend per 10 levels though so I can't really complain.

Not sure if it's tickrate or ping (even though I average at 35ms on europe) but seeing yourself in killcams NOT behind that wall you ran behind and being killed in the open is something that happens all too often.

Or I move and jump to avoid something, die, and was standing still on the enemy killcam.
Being shot behind a wall is overwhelmingly caused by other players having high pings and Overwatch's favor the shooter rules (which are mitigated somewhat by exceptions for certain evasive abilities). Tickrate is a relatively minor factor.

kmg3EDO.jpg

I love this game sometimes.

LOL at people complaining that legendaries are hard to get. If they were common you wouldn't want them.

Not really how it works. But it's not that they're hard to get it's that someone can sink £32 into and not get a single one. That's somewhat unfair. They should have a timer so you are guaranteed to get at least 1 every 50 boxes.

patchday

Yeah, I think Hearthstone is even less, something like 38 packs before a guaranteed legendary. Diablo 3 had pity timers too I'm pretty shocked that this game can be so unforgiving with it's loot box RNG. I've got about one legend for 10 levels though so really complain.

yep, also in Hearthstone you can sale loot you don't want. I can only wonder what people would do in OW if they had the feature. Perhaps refund legendaries they dont want and acquire a skin they really wanted.

Yushi

Tick rate will help but very little. As proven by CS:GO

mulac

Ok am hooked. Played 2hrs tonight jumping between Bastion, Solder 76 and Reindhart(sp?). Can't put my finger on what kept dragging me in but hot damn it's fun.

Playing on pc, although I couldn't hear any voice chat from my team??

nOoblet16

It "hampers" the game by about 20ms on average. This has been discussed to death: A higher tickrate would be great, but 99% of the time what people are blaming on "tickrate" is either unavoidable Internet latency or their own cognitive dissonance about dying.

Hanzo arrow hitboxes are a whole other issue.
Except the tick rate complains are equally coming from the other side that is describing how it's difficult to hit even when the target is in reticule, while the game has a client side hit detection. And Hanzo's arrow size issue is made even worse due to the tickrate.

And your 99% is just a number you pulled out with no evidence. 20 tickrate is terrible, and neither is it normal.

KLoWn

I think I'll have to give this game a break for a while, playing with shitty randoms just sucks the fun out of the game completely.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wish there was some way you could see if someone is a sniper "main" and opt out of the match penalty-free-_-

Watching morons hang back and snipe when we are attacking an objective just drives me crazy. WE ARE LOSING, MOVE, FUCKERS.

*snipe*

*snipe*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom