• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pistol is truly useless. I would give you POTG for getting one kill with it, let alone 2.

AGAINST A TRACER no less, haha

It isn't hitscan but if you can land the shots it's fine. I regularly take out turrets, terrible widowmakers, junkrat's ult and more.

I have a lot of clips but these are all Widowmaker related

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I think I found the perfect way to use reinhardt's ult reliably.

Charge past everyone on the point into a wall
Do a 180
Push Q
smash everyone

Also bonus mccree kill at the start. I had never heard the announcer actually say quarduple kill before that even though i've gotten many 4 kill POTG's.

If you ask me the only thing I think is wrong with McCree is that he can 1v1 tanks and win. It's really screwed up that he can flash fan roll fan a roadhog to death before they can react. The stun should last half as long on targets that have over 300 hp.

The amount of Mei's blocking the door with ice walls, 1 second before the game of Control starts is getting annoying.

Had one guy on the mic last night saying "I loved doing that...Hahaha!...It's so funny. Sorry guys".

Oh yes, it's hilarious.

You fucking cheb.

SORRY sorry sorry sorry

R0ckman

I feel that they deserve to be at a disadvantage, not that they deserve to automatically die regardless of of a players skill level because they stepped into his range. Everything in the games design should be at least partially skill facilitated, and McCree's go-to kill method isn't that at all.

Even if McCree didn't have a stun at all he would still be at an advantage in those circumstances. Stun has absurd utility, putting aside the instant-kill, it can also pull just about anyone out of their ult. Genji, Reaper, Roadhog etc. he pulls them right out of it. Not only is McCree absurdly good in his own right, his stun makes him a counterpick to all other on the ground offensive options. Logically, Pharah would be his counterpick since he is stuck on the ground and has high close range efficacy, but she's not, in 4 shots he can down her at mid-long range, even faster with a bit of luck and fan the hammer.

Only tracer seems like a counterpick to McCree, but they seem pretty even. The problem is that you have this idea that he is 'bad at range' therefore he is balanced out by this weakness, but he isn't bad at range at all and at the same time he is so good at close range that he completely nullifies the efficacy of other offensive heroes.

I think fan the hammer is fun and the fan the hammer roll combo actually requires some skill with the opportunity for opponents to outplay you, it's just the stun and the ranged damage that fan the hammer can do that are an issue. Fan the hammer should have more damage drop off, and I think his flashbang should be a blind, not a stun, providing players some opportunity to counter with their kit.

Devs want the stun to stop ults though, they said this. Why do people complain about stun but not junkrat traps either? My friend was cussing out about junkrat all evening last night.

I swear people don't play with headphones on in this game because the awareness of 90% of the players is horrendous.

I don't. Playing the game for fun and a lot of times I would rather not have headphones on my head for the entire time I play unless it's late at night.

I hope you won that card? 7 resurrects is a solid performance.

We did win that. Honestly we won it because of that play. We had held them in spawn until the final seconds and we were just starting to fall apart. I killed a roadhog then res'd the 3 downed players and then stayed in the zone.

This is my view of the same play - http://xboxrecord.us/gamer/RealAngryMonkey/clip/590bbe61-c67f-443c-bdb1-38e73bda84bd

The epic music that plays happens at that time regardless but I felt at the time like it was just for me :)

EDIT: Realized your reply was for my dumb PotG. The video I linked to has more resurrects (8) and hitting 10 isn't entirely uncommon for me.

So do we have any theories/ideas on how Blizzard could handle releasing new heroes into the mix? I can't imagine how bad quickmatch would be if they released one hero at a time. They gotta do them in groups, right?

I expect 2-4 at a time.

I realize 4 is crazy optimistic, so we'll see.

I think I found the perfect way to use reinhardt's ult reliably.

Charge past everyone on the point into a wall
Do a 180
Push Q
smash everyone

Also bonus mccree kill at the start. I had never heard the announcer actually say quarduple kill before that even though i've gotten many 4 kill POTG's.

If you ask me the only thing I think is wrong with McCree is that he can 1v1 tanks and win. It's really screwed up that he can flash fan roll fan a roadhog to death before they can react. The stun should last half as long on targets that have over 300 hp.

You're running a good Reinhardt. I have still yet to figure him out.

What are some heroes that you guys just don't like playing as at all?

For me literally the only hero on the entire roster I don't like playing as is Widowmaker.

Historically I'm a worthless sniper in every shooter I've ever played.

I know people love Lucio but I find him enormously boring to play despite how effective he is.

And this may come with practice but I really don't enjoy playing Genji. His kit just feels odd to me.

I'm also starting to dislike playing Torbjorn just because he's so common and somewhat boring to play.

Same thing for Reinhardt. I love his kit but I feel like I "have" to play it more often than I'd like.

So do we have any theories/ideas on how Blizzard could handle releasing new heroes into the mix? I can't imagine how bad quickmatch would be if they released one hero at a time. They gotta do them in groups, right?

I imagine in groups of 3, its would be alot easier than releasing them one by one. But potentially more fun for the players, since the meta would change more frequently.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I just had a bug where I couldnt res. Just said death spectating. Couldnt change hero, nothing. And we lost because of it

anyone ever had that?

Tecnniqe

Banned
The amount of people who are Blizzard apologists on this issue is mind boggling. When Roadhog hooks me through a car, I didn't make a "bad play" or need to "git gud." When I am mashing abilities that never go off, I didn't make a "bad play."

20hz is a joke.

Well yes, also as I posted a few time
Overwatch Netcode 60Hz Test Results & More!
does some simple explanations.

And if you mention anything close to tick rate
GJN7L6K.png

I don't have the patience to play Reinhardt with random players, especially with games that require a push. I can't rally the troops behind me and I end up just pushing in basically alone to my death, when I give up on the idea of a quality team push.

BadRNG

Devs want the stun to stop ults though, they said this. Why do people complain about stun but not junkrat traps either? My friend was cussing out about junkrat all evening last night.
I don't think they are really comparable mechanics. You can at least shoot back in a trap. You can also choose to avoid it if its placed mid fight. There is no escaping or resisting the flashbang, you get hit and you are instagibbed right after.

Roadhog is same way with his hook combo but at least he is loud and has poor range. McCree will destroy you up close and from far away he is still surprisingly good.

LiK

i noticed that some rein players just leave the shield up and not realize people are attacking them from behind until they realized their HP is almost gone lol.

Yea, they should be hammering away at Symmetras but they keep their shields up and it's doing jackshit against the lasers lol

Violet_0

Banned
there isn't really a demo or any way to test the game now that the beta period is over, right? There's a reasonable chance that Overwatch won't run on my computer so I don't want to purchase and immediately regret it

Meia

That pistol is truly useless. I would give you POTG for getting one kill with it, let alone 2.

AGAINST A TRACER no less, haha

Mercy's pistol does a surprising amount of damage, especially if you get headshots with the thing. I went solo against a Reaper the other day that thought he had the drop on me, but killed him when I pulled out the pistol. Even pistols in the game do a pretty good amount of damage(D'Va's is probably still the strongest though).

I bought a 50 bundle box like a week ago and got 3-4 gold alt uniforms and several legendaries. I'm loving the game so I'm cool supporting future content for you guys.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I don't. Playing the game for fun and a lot of times I would rather not have headphones on my head for the entire time I play unless it's late at night.

ehhhhhhh... there is "I'm not playing an esport here" and then there is "I like playing with a FOV of 45". audio placement is a major part of the game. MAJOR. Not sure about on consoles, but if you're not playing with headphones and Atmos turned on on PC, you are hurting your team considerably.

R0ckman

He's frantic enough to play on PC, I can hardly imagine trying to play him with a controller.

I actually have to play him with a controller on PC, I'd rather have his mobility and sacrifice slightly better aim. Can't move in this game really well with keyboard.

LiK

1v1 pistol fight between Mercy and D.Va and D.Va will win from my experience. Mercy firerate is say slower.

exYle

Is anyone else finding that their highlights don't update anymore? I have the same five from the first couple of days playing the game.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You're running a good Reinhardt. I have still yet to figure him out.

Thanks! Something that helped me out a lot (because early on I was just basically holding shield out the whole game hoping for my team mates to do stuff) is that being aggressive can really help break up the enemy lines. Also Reinhardt's charge is an excellent tank buster. If you charge their tank you can pretty much dismantle them from there.

Also people tend to love focusing you when you're at a distance with your shield out but at close range they just generally panic.

So really if you just go on the offensive you can throw their whole team for a loop, the ult is really powerful at getting teams to wipe, if you get a good one off and you die your team can still clean up.

Heng

there isn't really a demo or any way to test the game now that the beta period is over, right? There's a reasonable chance that Overwatch won't run on my computer so I don't want to purchase and immediately regret it
My 2500k and 550 ti runs the game just fine, although everything is on the lowest settings.

abundant

I don't think they are really comparable mechanics. You can at least shoot back in a trap. You can also choose to avoid it if its placed mid fight. There is no escaping or resisting the flashbang, you get hit and you are instagibbed right after

Don't forget, you can destroy the trap as well.

Baliis

I don't have the patience to play Reinhardt with random players, especially with games that require a push. I can't rally the troops behind me and I end up just pushing in basically alone to my death, when I give up on the idea of a quality team push.

Just do what I've been doing and play him like an attacker. Makes for some good fun to smash people down with his hammer.

XaosWolf

Awful games all round today. Its like people are playing their very first game.

What I've seen today:
  • Ignore Objective at all costs
  • No Healer/Support
  • No Tank
  • Offense heroes only
  • Two McCrees (if either had spammed FTH it would have been a breath of fresh air)
  • Three Widowmakers on Attack
  • No shooting through Reinhardt's shield
  • Everyone roams
  • Scatter at 5m from Payload win
  • Literally standing out in the open to die

... I think I'm done for today. =|

Reinhardt is only good for blocking, as his GIANT HAMMER is weak as shit and has a super spotty hitbox.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

I've heard reports of people running this with modern integrated graphics on pretty good settings.

It runs on my laptop which is a 2.6ghz i7 and an nvidia 750m at ~70fps on all medium with some high settings.

21XX

Banned
ehhhhhhh... there is "I'm not playing an esport here" and then there is "I like playing with a FOV of 45". audio placement is a major part of the game. MAJOR. Not sure about on consoles, but if you're not playing with headphones and Atmos turned on on PC, you are hurting your team considerably.

ehhhhhhh... there is "I like playing with a FOV of 45" and then there is "I like playing for fun."

Gurrry

Damn that OW ban hammer! Just saw the post on reddit.

I really hope blizzard takes into account peoples accounts getting hacked and then someone else using a hack/cheat though. My diablo account was hacked once, when I finally got it back, I had like 3 level 80 characters and an insane amount of gold.

I now use the 2 step verification, so I doubt it will happen again, but blizzard isnt known for being the most protected.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Awful games all round today. Its like people are playing their very first game.

What I've seen today:
  • Ignore Objective at all costs
  • No Healer/Support
  • No Tank
  • Offense heroes only
  • Two McCrees (if either had spammed FTH it would have been a breath of fresh air)
  • Three Widowmakers on Attack
  • No shooting through Reinhardt's shield
  • Everyone roams
  • Scatter at 5m from Payload win
  • Literally standing out in the open to die

... I think I'm done for today. =|

Game released like.. 2 weeks ago i think? So yeah this might be the case.
Which is perfectly fine!

BTW i dont get the thread title, the monetization system of OW is super player friendly compared to dunno.. Hearthstone (Which is ok too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom