• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why Reinhardt needs situational awareness just as much as his teammates. There's no reason to be on the front lines with your shield up if you don't have a team there to actually take advantage of it. You're just going to get your shield popped and it won't be there when you actually need it.

The problem is the shield should be the bat signal, letting the team know the tank is in position and ready to push. It makes sense to hold your horses when half the team is dead but otherwise you'd expect the tank to be taking the initiative and others to follow. However, I haven't had luck getting the team together for a good push with my limited time with Reinhardt.

Matt Frost

The unbridled mei hate from the past few pages gives me sustenance. It is manna for my heart.

Keep getting frozed, fuckos!

To a good player Mei means nothing at all. You are probably playing against really bad players. I don't get this Mei is overpowered thing. If anything, learn to play this game.
Tracer, just firing like crazy on the shield is the best thing to do against Reinhardt.

Tracer is a Reinhardt killer. Teleport on and off around him while shooting and he dies very quickly even with 500 health points. Tracer team can put an end even quicker.

Neofx

I'm so tired of supporting complete idiotic damage dealers. :< I'm especially unlucky today, there's 1 or 2 McCree's every game on my side who aren't doing anything except dieing.

Anticipating some choice "MCREE IS RUINED" posts from you after the nerf.

He is not even my number one Hero of choice, I play Genji and Zymettra way more, and as a Genji players I know what to expect from McCree, if I decide to face him I know what I am against as, I have successfully deflected his flashbang and ultimate many times now, I also have lost my duels against him a few times as well. I am ok for toning his damage down against tanks, but like I said, people using not tank classes expecting to come out victorious with their characters against McCree are delusional, you must accept the superority of certain classes in certain conditions and adjust accordingly.

Zeliard

I'm a Reinhardt. I'll play other classes when we already have decent tanks, but he's my favorite by far.

It's incredible the amount of people who just don't do anything when I have my barrier up. That thing is huge and can be taken out rather quickly if people focus fire on it. Let me tell you, short of an amazing Tracer, just firing like crazy on the shield is the best thing to do against Reinhardt.

Yesterday, I played a match where the opposing team also had a Reinhardt and I just told my team to focus fire on the barrier. We took him out easily every time while they tried flank me and get splash damage in, never succeeding.

Shoot the barrier people. It's not invincible.

I really wish more people would do this. Very frequently I'm the only one blasting at the Reinhardt shield and quite literally everyone else on my team ignores it unless I mention something. People seem to think it soaks up a lot more damage than it actually does.

(Incidentally a great use for McCree's Fan The Hammer at mid-range is to blast down Reinhardt and Winston's shields; every bullet will hit since the target is so large and you'll do a lot of damage to them).

Grisby

On top of the Overwatch best feelings list, I gotta give a shout out to when you freeze someone with Mei and land the perfect icicle head shot.

Doing her excited emote right after is also the icing on the cake.

To a good player Mei means nothing at all. You are probably playing against really bad players. I don't get this Mei is overpowered thing. If anything, learn to play this game.

Tracer is a Reinhardt killer. Teleport on and off around him while shooting and he dies very quickly even with 500 health points. Tracer team can put an end even quicker.

Tracer hit squads are unbelievably potent.

I want to make a group of three people, myself included, and do a run of games with randoms filling out the rest where we pick and can't change from Tracer.

My theory is that even 3 relatively incompetent people can still win with 3 competent Tracers. I'm not claiming to be the best Tracer or anything. I'm not shitty with her, though.

Once again, nobody is saying Mei is overpowered. Just that she sucks and is boring and basically the worst.

KraytarJ

I really wish more popular would do this. Very frequently I'm the only one blasting at the Reinhardt shield and literally everyone else on my team ignores it unless I mention something. People seem to think it soaks up a lot more damage than it actually does.

(Incidentally a great use for McCree's Fan The Hammer at mid-range is to blast down Reinhardt and Winston's shields; every bullet will hit since the target is so large and you'll do a lot of damage to them).
McCree can even just flash bang over the shield to stun the Reinhardt.

fuzzyset

On top of the Overwatch best feelings list, I gotta give a shout out to when you freeze someone with Mei and land the perfect icicle head shot.

There's a GIF of a Mei attempting this but failing to kill Zarya. Zarya ends up punching Mei in the face, and then does her own emote.

I made a Mei irrationally angry because I was pressuring her and barely knocked her off the stage. Her air control would've been able to get her back on the platform, but she wanted to freeze herself.

So she fell to her death.Like Winston, the only good Mei is a dead Mei.

Also, the best feeling is triple tapping a Pharah who thinks she can share the sky with you while her pocket mercy hovers worthlessly around with her.

Then killing her, too.

Xeteh

He is not even my number one Hero of choice, I play Genji and Zymettra way more, and as a Genji players I know what to expect from McCree, if I decide to face him I know what I am against as, I have successfully deflected his flashbang and ultimate many times now, I also have lost my duels against him a few times as well. I am ok for toning his damage down against tanks, but like I said, people using not tank classes expecting to come out victorious with their characters against McCree are delusional, you must accept the superority of certain classes in certain conditions and adjust accordingly.

Yes. Like a broken record for no real reason.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

You monster, how can you even sleep at night?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
bought my Okami skin, which means it will be my next legendary drop >_>

Blues1990

Mei players suck. They're the first players I focus.

But not the competent ones on your team, I hope. I get that it isn't cool that the teammates that play as Mei will purposely be dumble butts, a la prompting Ice Walls left-to-right to hinder everyone doing their thing, etc.

In the case for me, I always try to communicate with my teammates for where they want me to use my abilities whenever I'm playing as Mei. Use an Ice Wall to bring Torbjorn and Bastion to an area they otherwise can't reach, freezing a group of enemies to let the heavy hitters knock them out of the park, etc.

He is not even my number one Hero of choice

image.php

Actual

The problem is the shield should be the bat signal, letting the team know the tank is in position and ready to push. It makes sense to hold your horses when half the team is dead but otherwise you'd expect the tank to be taking the initiative and others to follow. However, I haven't had luck getting the team together for a good push with my limited time with Reinhardt.

I spam the "Group up with me!" message, I use voice chat to tell my team to group up. I wait for people to respawn, then put my shield up as we get near a chokepoint. I also don't charge in unless I absolutely have to, meaning I have no chance of retreat or there is only one or two enemy heroes left.

It works quite well. Also, a lot of Reinhardt's don't seem to understand the importance of Fire Strike. I destroy turrets all the time with it and disrupt healers and snipers. It even scares some Bastions into moving, though the good ones know better.

If someone does that excited emote to me, I am going to hunt them all over the map. I will forego the actual objective in favor of destroying Mei. Mei's ruin will be the objective. And the objective will be mine, over and over. It will not be a-Mei-zing.

flashing shield dont work. you have to roll or run behind the shield and flash.
Nope. Just toss it over the shield, right-click, roll, right-click. Reinhardt gone.

Mupod

There's a GIF of a Mei attempting this but failing to kill Zarya. Zarya ends up punching Mei in the face, and then does her own emote.

I have literally done this before. They don't usually emote, but they do usually stop and stand still because they think they're getting a free headshot. Then I bubble out and it's maximum charge death laser time. Just need to remember you can only cast bubble when you're not fully frozen already (can save teammates though).

Once again, nobody is saying Mei is overpowered. Just that she sucks and is boring and basically the worst.

Sitting there feeling yourself get frozen and then watching her headshot you with an icicle for the kill is antithetical to the entire idea of Overwatch. Everything about this game makes you feel like you are a badass who can contribute to your team in your own way, and every enemy tactic feels like there's a way to overcome it if you could just be good enough, but that's the only thing that makes you feel totally helpless.

Zeliard

McCree can even just flash bang over the shield to stun the Reinhardt.

You can but there are situations where it would be suicide to just run in with McCree and flashbang the Reinhardt. It depends on how much the Rein has his team backing him up. If you're in a general mid-range team fight with both teams taking shots back and forth, it's very useful for McCree to just FTH Reinhardt's shield. He can do it safely and that shield won't last very long.

Yes. Like a broken record for no real reason.

I said I am ok with him toned down against tanks, and it's good that you are aware that he should dominate non tanks class, but when I go on "broken record mode" is not for you but for the many people out there (read the official forums) using examples of non tanks classes against McCree as a measurement to tone him down.

Well McCree is MY Hero of choice for avatar, but I am afraid that's all you get. I play Genji and Zymettra more.

eek5

That's why Reinhardt needs situational awareness just as much as his teammates. There's no reason to be on the front lines with your shield up if you don't have a team there to actually take advantage of it. You're just going to get your shield popped and it won't be there when you actually need it.

Yeah I mean he can't push the payload alone so don't get on it with a shield if your whole team is wiped but once you have your team a lot of the times they don't even utilize the shield and shoot through it. After you've entered shield mode it's really hard to know what's happening around you too since your movement speed is impeded and you can't really look around or you'll open up people to fire so it's a bit unfair to blame Reinhardt for not knowing exactly what's going on around him.

Apathy

Pretty much, shes just annoying and if you dont have a way to get away from her in the first second she hits you with the ice gun thing, you're going to end up stuck.

The slowdown and freeze should happen much slower to give people time to possible save themselves.

Also, this isn't a problem with Mei as a whole, but with anything that makes you lose control of your character + the servers, if you shoot a rocket/nade/mine just as the freeze/stun/chain stun happens, even if you see it coming out of the barrel/leaving your hand the freeze and stun take priority and it makes it so like it never happened. This is bullshit because you see it (or partially see it) happen on your screen but because the stun/freeze take priority over it it's like it never happened. I've been in so many situations where I've seen a rocket part way out of the barrel or junkrat hand tossing a mine just for it to magically not have happened cause the freeze or stun happened.

Xeteh

I said I am ok with him toned down against tanks, and it's good that you are aware that he should dominate non tanks class, but when I go on "broken record mode" is not for you but for the many people out there (read the official forums) using examples of non tanks classes against McCree as a measurement to tone him down.

No one here is advocating he gets nerfed because he kills flankers. Not one. Just tanks.

Yet each reply you make is "Yeah his damage against tanks might be hi. BUT PEOPLE WHO THINK HE SHOULDN'T KI----"

We're not at other forums, the battle.net forums have been notoriously shit for discussion for years, no surprise it still is.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mei is awesome and someone in EUgaf just now in a game placed a amazing wall blocking off Mcree ult and we won the game.

She is truly the bae-est

Trace

Banned
Pretty much, shes just annoying and if you dont have a way to get away from her in the first second she hits you with the ice gun thing, you're going to end up stuck.

The slowdown and freeze should happen much slower to give people time to possible save themselves.

Also, this isn't a problem with Mei as a whole, but with anything that makes you lose control of your character + the servers, if you shoot a rocket/nade/mine just as the freeze/stun/chain stun happens, even if you see it coming out of the barrel/leaving your hand the freeze and stun take priority and it makes it so like it never happened. This is bullshit because you see it (or partially see it) happen on your screen but because the stun/freeze take priority over it it's like it never happened. I've been in so many situations where I've seen a rocket part way out of the barrel or junkrat hand tossing a mine just for it to magically not have happened cause the freeze or stun happened.

Personally I think the easiest way to fix Mei is make it so the slow drops off dramatically faster, so that if you get away from it you're not gonna have her fat ass just waddle after you while you're still slowed for another 3 seconds. Could buff the damage it does to compensate.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
McCree being able to put down a Winston in 2 seconds is what makes me sad. Winston should be his hard counter, not vice versa.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mei in Ice Block shouldn't contest objectives. That's the only change needed.

Trace

Banned
McCree being able to put down a Winston in 2 seconds is what makes me sad. Winston should be his hard counter, not vice versa.

What? No. McCree should be a Winston counter, not the other way around. Winston is great at dealing with high mobility heroes and capping points, not dealing with duelists.

Apathy

The chain freezing on roadhogs is funny though. freeze, shoot the roadhog, start freezing again, roadhog can't move, frozen again, reload, repeat making sure to always get behind the roadhog

All these wild claims of Mccree downing tanks with one Fan is just fairy tales. Can you show me a video where Mccree kills full hp tank with armor from one fan? Heck is there even any video evidence of Mcree taking out tanks with no armor but full hp with one fan?

Mei in Ice Block shouldn't contest objectives. That's the only change needed.

A big change for me would be increasing the AFK kick timer from 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

Or at least instead of booting me from the game and group, just boot me from the game and throw me on spectator mode so I can sick with my group.

No one here is advocating he gets nerfed because he kills flankers. Not one. Just tanks.

Yet each reply you make is "Yeah his damage against tanks might be hi. BUT PEOPLE WHO THINK HE SHOULDN'T KI----"

We're not at other forums, the battle.net forums have been notoriously shit for discussion for years, no surprise it still is.

I don't know man, I think there are some people in these forums that also want McCree nerfed against non tank classes. and if I see them, I will enter "Broken record mode" again, you can ignore me thou or quote me again if you feel so, your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom