• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a good nerf for mccree will be to just lower the damage on Fan the hammer. By 100. That way bad tanks will get a decent chance(They do already) and dpser will still be sent to spawn point.

I work in the game industry and I honestly think this is mostly paranoia, if for no other reason than that there are huge numbers of checks and balances between a commit going in and it making it to live.

In the case of the Planetside 2 example, it was legitimately a thing. Their reasoning behind it was literally "Terran Republic players trend at higher skill levels."

Taking a snapshot like I did is disingenuous: There might be a bad balance change, but then it's reversed or changed elsewhere for an indirect buff again, because it didn't havea bad result.

But the salt is real!

That's why I don't do anything but two base blink all-ins anymore :^)

Are people ok with Hanzo's hitbox? Would he be shit without it being that big? You'd think you could kill him with Winston easy, but he can never miss you lol

I just...I don't know. I'm in love with how each character breaks the game in a specific way, but every PotG I see that's just Hanzo blindly firing arrows into a crowd or around a corner and killing everyone is kind of making me resent him. I'm not saying they should definitely nerf him, but he's easily the most annoying character for me.

fuzzyset

I agree that some of it is overblown, but McCree is one of the strongest mid-range fighters. His headshots do 140 damage per bullet before fall-off and his rate of fire is not bad at all.

Surely at mid-range, his bullets aren't still doing 70dmg each. (I really don't know). I think McCree is a little worse than all the Mei hate. You just need to keep your distance. The flash has a pretty small radius. If he manages to get me with it from range, roll in, and FTH to my face, good for him. He deserved that kill. I don't play McCree, but I've never been completely shutdown by him.

Xeteh

PJSalt....

no but seriously don;t get close to him.....Also stick with your team. Even if you get close a Mccree 2 on 1 usually will lose he only has 200 hp.

You say that like people never get close unless both teams sign an agreement to approach each other. These maps have so many side alleys and corners it isn't hard to flank. Any other character that gets the flank at worst might kill you but you get to fight back. If McCree flanks its Flash, Fan, Roll, and there is zero chance to fight back against that with any character. Or McCree comes to a team fight late, its not like you can disengage and flee to avoid it.

Apathy

So i guess blizzard is working hard against cheaters

http://kotaku.com/thousands-of-overwatch-players-have-already-been-banned-1780109893

man I really like this part

From the hacker forums, one of the main dude:

On the bright side, we think we found how the detection happened. It seems its new how Blizzard tries to catch people they think are breaching their 80 pages long EULA/TOS. We know it is not fair, and we do all in our capacities to fix that.

Really? it's unfair people blindly click they agree and get banned for doing something they shouldn't be doing? It's unfair that you can't cheat all you want? The fuck is wrong with these morons.

R0ckman

Are you playing solo or premades? Once you go 5-6 man premades you get matched up against other premades and that's where I've run into some of the more annoying McCree / double McCrees

Most I've went is 3 premade I think but the game seems to have trouble with the match making if you have around that number, usually steam roll when that happens.

I don't think McCree was designed to be the king of close range combat. Reaper and Mei exist! There are already characters designed (both mathematically and aesthetically) to have hard range limits. McCree has a revolver. He should be able to compete at any range, but not dominate any of them the way he dominates close range.

McCree's WAS designed to pest control, to keep annoying flees like Tracer and Genji on check, also he is supposed to dominate 1 v 1 in close quarter conditions he is a dueler, people complaining that they got owned bad by a McCree are not telling the full story, what character were you? were you a Mei? a Tracer? a Genji (a bad one) if the answer is yes, then it went as expected a McCree did his job at keeping you in check.

Trace

Banned
PJSalt....

no but seriously don;t get close to him.....Also stick with your team. Even if you get close a Mccree 2 on 1 usually will lose he only has 200 hp.

He's one of the best at 2v1 though. Flashbang one, FtH = die. Roll > FtH the other one. Like he's my second most played but I'm not gonna lie and say he doesn't need to be toned down a bit.

R0ckman

McCree's WAS designed to pest control, to keep annoying flees like Tracer and Genji on check, also he is supposed to dominate 1 v 1 in close quarter conditions he is a dueler, people complaining that they got owned bad by a McCree are not telling the full story, what character were you? were you a Mei? a Tracer? a Genji (a bad one) if the answer is yes, then it went as expected a McCree did his job at keeping you in check.

The thread on the overwatch forum that the dev responded to was made by a player who spent most of their time playing as Tracer, lol. Then some Mei fans started slipping in and piggy backing.

I'm defending him and I play Tracer more than double McCree.

Tecnniqe

Banned

"I've been watching McCree carefully since we've released. McCree's flashbang plays an important role in being a strong option against very fast/agile teams (tracers/genjis/etc). It is also a nice tool to prevent close range devastating abilities and ultimates such as Reaper's Death Blossom.

That said, its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets such as Tanks and barriers. I don't have any concrete changes yet, but I'm going to be testing some things internally to see how he plays."

Its already confirmed hes doing too much damage.

Dreavus

I just...I don't know. I'm in love with how each character breaks the game in a specific way, but every PotG I see that's just Hanzo blindly firing arrows into a crowd or around a corner and killing everyone is kind of making me resent him. I'm not saying they should definitely nerf him, but he's easily the most annoying character for me.

Honestly I agree. Almost every time I am killed by a regular arrow it just feels like the Hanzo player lucked out, regardless of how good he is. That's probably not fair but it's the sense I always get.

Xeteh

Again, it is that he obliterates tanks solo that is the problem. That in team fights he just spams fan the hammer and melts teams faster than most any other character on top of having all of that ability to flank/counter flank.

fuzzyset

Most I've went is 3 premade I think but the game seems to have trouble with the match making if you have around that number, usually steam roll when that happens.

I played in a 4-5man group all weekend (2 matches with 6) and never encountered a McCree that made me 'rage'.

pigeon

Banned

Winston.

That's why I like the idea of a FtH cooldown. As Blizzard said, it's not a problem for him to melt squishies at close range, it's a problem for him to destroy tanks.

No_Style

Mercy: can't actually play FPSes, probably desperate for attention
Torbjorn: game literally plays itself, turret is invincible
D-Va: don't care about the game, only their waifu

These are my three from the beta. I can't play so I want the game to play itself so I can take care of my waifu.

Not a good look.

Mupod

Zenyattas never last more than 5 seconds when I'm playing Widow. Pathetically easy to off. Sitting duck to the max.

if there's a good one that can actually land headshots I switch off him pretty much immediately. But I usually mitigate the problem either by always having armor/shields (friend plays Torb a lot and knows I need it) or hanging out with Reinhardt.

Sianos

I don't think McCree was designed to be the king of close range combat. Reaper and Mei exist! There are already characters designed (both mathematically and aesthetically) to have hard range limits. McCree has a revolver. He should be able to compete at any range, but not dominate any of them the way he dominates close range.

True, I'm confusing his intended role with the way people are primarily playing him. He's encroached too far onto especially Reaper's niche as the close combat DPS hero.

I'd also be perfectly happy if he transitioned into a mid range fighter with a specialty in dealing with flankers if he then lost his ability to be a heavy damage dealing tank buster. Being both at the same time is too strong.

Hyun Sai

if there's a good one that can actually land headshots I switch off him pretty much immediately. But I usually mitigate the problem either by always having armor/shields (friend plays Torb a lot and knows I need it) or hanging out with Reinhardt.

I think one body shot of Widow is enough to kill Zen. Ne head shot required.

fuzzyset

True, I'm confusing his intended role with the way people are primarily playing him. He's encroached too far onto especially Reaper's niche as the close combat DPS hero.

I'd also be perfectly happy if he transitioned into a mid range fighter with a specialty in dealing with flankers if he then lost his ability to be a heavy damage dealing tank buster. Being both at the same time is too strong.

They still play differently though. Reaper shines when he gets behind teams to deal damage with teleport and wraith form. As others said, McCree would usually stick with the team to deal with the flankers.

Honestly I agree. Almost every time I am killed by a regular arrow it just feels like the Hanzo player lucked out, regardless of how good he is. That's probably not fair but it's the sense I always get.

Yeah, like, when any other character kills me, I can sit back and go "yeah I can see where I fucked up there," but Hanzo almost always makes me scream "fucking really??"

"I've been watching McCree carefully since we've released. McCree's flashbang plays an important role in being a strong option against very fast/agile teams (tracers/genjis/etc). It is also a nice tool to prevent close range devastating abilities and ultimates such as Reaper's Death Blossom.

That said, its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets such as Tanks and barriers. I don't have any concrete changes yet, but I'm going to be testing some things internally to see how he plays."

Its already confirmed hes doing too much damage.

To Tanks? Yes, but Mei, Tracers and Genji players are DELUSIONAL if they think they should win a 1 on 1 encounter with McCree, this game is not balanced by winning chances of characters against other characters. McCree was designed as dominant 1 can 1 dueler, you Mei, Tracer or Genji? Then back the heck off or wait for back up, and if he got you with his combo and if you died before you could have done anything then good, that's his thing, after he dropped you death he is highly vulnerable and slow until his cooldowns reset.

Zeliard

Surely at mid-range, his bullets aren't still doing 70dmg each. (I really don't know).

Well, they are. Fall-off hits at a fairly decent range away - generally past the zone where big team fights occur - and only then does damage get havled to 35. The reason this was changed back in the closed beta is because McCree used to be able to snipe targets Widowmaker-style, and that was obviously a problem.

McCree is very potent at mid-range with his primary, able to chunk down really any target in fairly short order, especially the squishies. Even if you only hit bodyshots you're still capable of 420 damage per clip, and if you have the aim to hit headshots consistently he deals out silly damage. He's just so devastating in close range with his combo that people tend to underrate his primary.

Mupod

I think one body shot of Widow is enough to kill Zen. Ne head shot required.

I know, like I said I'm almost always armored. 25 hp from shields will also save him from a bodyshot.

I played him in 150 hp mode on attack yesterday and I humped Reinhardt's leg so hard I was unsnipeable for the most part. I think their Widow got me once, but I was taking the first hanamura point at the time.

Trace

Banned
While I said McCree needs to be toned down, I'm only referring to combokilling Reinhardts and Roadhogs. Anyone outside of a tank should be dying if McCree gets a full FtH off on you.

Sianos

They still play differently though. Reaper can get behind teams to deal damage with teleport and wraith form. As others said, McCree would usually stick with the team to deal with the flankers.

Problem is, at the moment McCree is also the better tank buster as well because of his Flashbang arcing over barriers and then being able to output his damage very rapidly with a double Fan the Hammer.

Him having better damage at medium range to better shut down mobile flankers who are lit if they didn't catch the whole (reduced damage) Fan the Hammer is probably better for the overall hero checks and balances, even if those quick fire 140 damage headshots irritate me more - and thinking about it, what makes them irritating is the fact that his close range (which I'm avoiding) is even stronger.

Pooya

Seagull was explaining Hanzo yesterday and it was pretty much like this, go to the spawn point on defense, shoot some arrow right into the sky when like 18 sec is left, the arrows come down, you can get "RNG kills"....

Generally aim at heads height to get...some "RNG kills"..

get those kills and don't miss targets or you're useless for the team.

Hanzo is like hearthstone.

To Tanks? Yes, but Mei, Tracers and Genji players are DELUSIONAL if they think they should win a 1 on 1 encounter with McCree, this game is not balanced by winning chances of characters against other characters. McCree was designed as dominant 1 can 1 dueler, you Mei, Tracer or Genji? Then back the heck off or wait for back up, and if he got you with his combo and if you died before you could have done anything then good, that's his thing, after he dropped you death he is highly vulnerable and slow until his cooldowns reset.

Anticipating some choice "MCREE IS RUINED" posts from you after the nerf.

apparently to a lot of people this game is 1 vs 1 lmaooo yet they are scared to play SF lol.

Actual

I'm a Reinhardt. I'll play other classes when we already have decent tanks, but he's my favorite by far.

It's incredible the amount of people who just don't do anything when I have my barrier up. That thing is huge and can be taken out rather quickly if people focus fire on it. Let me tell you, short of an amazing Tracer, just firing like crazy on the shield is the best thing to do against Reinhardt.

Yesterday, I played a match where the opposing team also had a Reinhardt and I just told my team to focus fire on the barrier. We took him out easily every time while they tried flank me and get splash damage in, never succeeding.

Shoot the barrier people. It's not invincible.

My nerf McCree idea
that is a joke, do not take seriously,
is put Fan and Flashbang on the same cooldown. Do you want to stun or do big damage. Gotta pick time is running out!

Xeteh

You keep bring it up, we know. He beats flankers. Oddly enough both Genji and Mei stand a chance but there's luck required.

Who cares about that though? The problem lies with how fast he kills tanks without much of any effort. No one here argues he kills non-tanks too quickly.

styl3s

Really? it's unfair people blindly click they agree and get banned for doing something they shouldn't be doing? It's unfair that you can't cheat all you want? The fuck is wrong with these morons.
You think those comments are bad go read the kotaku article and read the comments below. People actively find reasons to dismiss this game its pretty hilarious

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The unbridled mei hate from the past few pages gives me sustenance. It is manna for my heart.

Keep getting frozed, fuckos!

It's incredible the amount of people who just don't do anything when I have my barrier up. That thing is huge and can be taken out rather quickly if people focus fire on it. Let me tell you, short of an amazing Tracer, just firing like crazy on the shield is the best thing to do against Reinhardt.

That's why Reinhardt needs situational awareness just as much as his teammates. There's no reason to be on the front lines with your shield up if you don't have a team there to actually take advantage of it. You're just going to get your shield popped and it won't be there when you actually need it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

The pieces of shit on this forum makes me rage like Winston on his ult.

Fucking cheaters, i'm so glad Blizzard works against them fast, hope it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom