• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Clearly you've never seen my Winston, leaping up and killing pharahs all day long. It's hilarious when it works anyways lmao.

Haha it's pretty funny zapping them in the air when they least suspect it. If they were on their way down you can land with them and finish them off which is funny. Worst case you just do a fly by and hopefully weaken 'em enough for a teammate to kill.

ExVicis

Oh wow, that's awesome, props to you! I like playing Reinhardt but haven't really succeeded with his ult so far. Seriously, well done.

And yeah, those PotG are just so good to watch. You can imagine what the other team was thinking at that moment.

706fd24cf80cb5278dc04ea62d53616d.gif

I think his Ult works like a Cone, I haven't really paid too much attention to it since I usually use it if there's multiple enemies in front of me and I can get a good charge off on them. It works to keep enemies in place for a charge or for interrupting, especially other ults.

Edit: Also this one isn't off a cliff. I lost the other one I had :(

ExVicis

Yes another mccree complain but seriously out damaging reaper thanks to fan the hammer makes me just not want to play reaper. The range is much greater too.

If McCree is at a super far range and his Fan the Hammer is hitting you, it just wasn't meant to be anymore.

I'm in the super minority that likes that one over the deva ones
The Goddess skin for Symmetra is the only skin I use on her now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't know why Blizz just doesn't add two seperate modes, one with hero stacking and one without so both sides are happy.

Klyka

Banned
Honestly the more you get into the game the more you can see how hilariously broken some characters are in the hands of capable players.

More and more, tracers and mccrees who can just wreck teams because they have all the tools to take on anyone for a very long time. On the other hand characters like D.va which are utterly useless in most scenarios unless they are off tanks. Hell, a capable widowmaker can just nullify a team's existence, since blizzard decided to balance her ages ago by being mostly counterable by another widowmaker

And no, the little counter scenarios that blizzard came up with but these don't come into account at higher level plays

Completely agreed.

TaterTots

Banned
portraitchanges.jpg

The level 100 portraits are just awful, those clipart stars are dreadful and the fact they overlap the number really bothers me. The wings are nice but damn I hope they improve the stars.

Whoah....is the junkrat at level 194? How in the hell is that possible? Just playing 24/7 and said fuck life? How does that work?

ExVicis

Whoah....is the junkrat at level 194? How in the hell is that possible? Just playing 24/7 and said fuck life? How does that work?
Someone during a game where I asked "how are these guys reaching these levels already" claimed botting, I don't personally believe it though.

Edit: Oh maybe he meant "bots" as in fighting the bots in the Humans versus AI game. I guess that makes sense.

catspit

I am not 100% sure but I read somewhere that if you play the humans vs bots games. You just steamroll the bots.. So a win every game maybe and quick games?

Yes another mccree complain but seriously out damaging reaper thanks to fan the hammer makes me just not want to play reaper. The range is much greater too.

McCree is designed as a hard counter to Reaper/Tracer/Genji on the flanks. You need to not engage him or use your movement abilities to get past him to the back line.

Sn4ke_911

I honestly think it's not possible, even if he has no life. I'm tending more to a cheat.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd play McCree more if I could aim but I can't so I play Reaper instead.

Sullichin

I really love Lucio, as someone who only has like 10 hours of playtime.

- No one seems to mind when I pick him
- Playing as him encourages me to stick with my team and helps me learn the maps.
- The knockback effect on his secondary fire has saved me countless times
- His ultimate is pretty great to drop at a capture point. Can make your whole team very difficult to kill for a few seconds.
- I feel like I'm helping
- I can skate on walls

I love pushing the payload by myself for the whole round

lol

I've lost count of how many matches where I'm all alone on the payload, and most of the time all alone on the payload as Lucio. Like, fuckers, sticking with me means you get healed AND we win the match. Win fucking win, so stop hiding on ledges and get the fuck down here!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am not 100% sure but I read somewhere that if you play the humans vs bots games. You just steamroll the bots.. So a win every game maybe and quick games?

well thats one way to get loot boxes

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

lol

Sometimes I get so fed up at people not pushing the payload that I just skated on the walls in the spawn point as Lucio until they get the point. We still lose anyway, but eh, no point being mad. Just the roll of the dice sometimes.

Sn4ke_911

Really? you should not get EXP for playing with bots imo.

Ketch

Completely agreed.

I think they should reduce widow and mercy's hp and increase the spread/reduce the accuracy of mecrees right click.

They could also increase the charge time and reduce the minimum damage on widows scoped shots.

I don't know what you do about Reinhardt, make his head bigger or something.

lol
Win a pub game earlier today by just hugging the back of the payload whenever nobody was near, which was quite often as people were busy trying to get kills all over the map. I was Mercy and ending up dying like twice with 2:20 objective time of mostly uncontested solo pushing. Felt silly.

Yup, I've been practicing some of my least-used characters in bot matches on Medium, and on Defense in Dorado the enemy barely even got out of the spawn point door before they were dead. And you definitely get XP for it. So could be.

Ketch

Win a pub game earlier today by just hugging the back of the payload whenever nobody was near, which was quite often as people were busy trying to get kills all over the map. I was Mercy and ending up dying like twice with 2:20 objective time of mostly uncontested solo pushing. Felt silly.

I was doing this as Winston, just always push and then when they try to get you off the cart you do as much damage as you can before leaping away and then watch them all get distracted again and repeat.

nOoblet16

So started a game with 3 peopl ein a group, I pick Genji as usual as it's what I usually do. Then someone else picks him once the game starts despite there already being one (why?). Guy in my team notices there's no healer so he calls that out.

That Genji guys says "I don't play healer when playing solo, no fun" smfh !

I give up and switch to mercy, and ofc we get smashed by one sniper in the match while the Genji is just sitting there holding his dick. There was a Tracer too but very low level (like level 7) so that's excusable.

Look at this loser. Yeah you do that buddy! I'm gonna be over here playing Widowmaker with these other two Widowmakers.
Seeing snipers just glue their asses at perchs in attack hurts my soul. You can snipe from behind the Reinhardt near the payload too, you fucks, get off my damn hero so I can provide proper covering fire while we push this thing.

I had one of those today. I was just sitting there singing my Roadhog payload song and we walked it right into King's Row.

Really? you should not get EXP for playing with bots imo.

You don't get as much in the first place from what I noticed when playing vs. bots.

I mean, a level isn't representative of how good you are. That much became clear getting steamrolled by 20s on lvl 40+ teams. It's how much you play the game. And since leveling up is all about cosmetics rngs, I don't see the problem.

JTripper

It's the most infuriating thing when the opposing team has countless turrets and your team refuses to change their strategies to take them out. I was blocking shots as Reinhardt and literally no one was behind me trying to take them out. Ridiculous. In fact another teammate decided to try Reinhardt too at same time for whatever the fuck reason.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's the most infuriating thing when the opposing team has countless turrets and your team refuses to change their strategies to take them out. I was blocking shots as Reinhardt and literally no one was behind me trying to take them out. Ridiculous. In fact another teammate decided to try Reinhardt too at same time for whatever the fuck reason.

This is the worst thing about Reinhardt, he won't help much if the rest of the team doesn't take advantage of his presence.

wamberz1

hqdefault.jpg

Me right now
Haven't played since the beta
sanity breaking
getting home tomorrow
not sure if I'll make it
if there's anyone else out there in a similar predicament, stay strong

Xeteh

They can't nerf McCree fast enough. Every game, at least one on the enemy team. Its just zero fun on any hero to fight against him.

RowdyReverb

Someone during a game where I asked "how are these guys reaching these levels already" claimed botting, I don't personally believe it though.

Edit: Oh maybe he meant "bots" as in fighting the bots in the Humans versus AI game. I guess that makes sense.

I honestly think it's not possible, even if he has no life. I'm tending more to a cheat.
I still maintain that the ridiculously high-level people this early are due to shared accounts where there is always somebody playing or waiting their turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom