• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaventem

I love pushing the payload by myself for the whole round

lol
Overwatch_Origins_Edition_20160525231615.png

To nobody's surprise i stayed with it by myself 90% of the game.

706fd24cf80cb5278dc04ea62d53616d.gif

I think his Ult works like a Cone, I haven't really paid too much attention to it since I usually use it if there's multiple enemies in front of me and I can get a good charge off on them. It works to keep enemies in place for a charge or for interrupting, especially other ults.

Edit: Also this one isn't off a cliff. I lost the other one I had :(
Hmm, good to know. That's still crazy good though. Bummer you lost the other.

cuilan

I somehow managed to regain the #2 spot on the D.Va PS4 leaderboard, for now anyway.

After using nothing but D.Va for about 55 hours, I'd say the only character that can truly give me a tough time is Zarya. Some of the others can be a nuisance at times, but I can hold my own against them in the vast majority of cases.

Dunlop

At this point the game is just punking me

Against a good group where we are getting our asses kicked and cannot move the payload, I switch over to Reaper.

Teleport to Roof, jump behind the icewall killing the entire team and turrets with ult, which allows us to get to the check point with under 10 seconds left (still lost sadly)

POTG, Bastion in a corner killing 3 people ; (

On a positive note, 2nd time I have used Reaper and now realize the awesomeness contained

On a related note, it did make the highlight real and I wanted to show my kid. How do you fraking upload it to the PS4? Hit the media button to upload but it doesn't start any kind of recording GUI

mbpm1

To nobody's surprise i stayed with it by myself 90% of the game.

I actually pushed it pretty damn far bc nobody was even remotely near it most of the time

and when the enemy came nearby, they shot at me a few times, and then, guess what, let me go to go run after the rest of my team in narnia somewhere.

I made it to the the end of the map, and then they just blockaded me with two mercy's while my team was nowhere to be found lmao

It's one thing if your teammates don't care but when even the enemy is like w/e it gets kind of disheartening

So are heroes like Mei the only counters for Reinhardt, Zarya, etc?

Pharah's good for both, as long as you keep off the ground and pick your landing spots well so that they can't get in close. Flying up and over Reinhardt's shield forces him to divide attention between you and the attackers in front of him, and neither of Zarya's attacks are good at hitting you in the air.

ExVicis

Hmm, good to know. That's still crazy good though. Bummer you lost the other.
Yeah they go away if you exit the game. Honestly I wish there was a way to save some of the better plays you have on PC without using outside capture programs.

Edit: Also I guess I knoced that Junkrat off the Cliff to his death if you look real closely.

Sounds like you have room for a 4th
It's a big perch.

Seeing snipers just glue their asses at perchs in attack hurts my soul. You can snipe from behind the Reinhardt near the payload too, you fucks, get off my damn hero so I can provide proper covering fire while we push this thing.
Alright fine, I'll go play Mei. I'll throw up some of my sick walls.

RowdyReverb

So are heroes like Mei the only counters for Reinhardt, Zarya, etc?
Any character with high enough mobility can flank Reinhardt, and he quickly becomes super vulnerable when surrounded.
I mostly play as Zarya and I'll say the character that gives me the most trouble is Mei or another Zarya

Xeteh

Certainly not Zarya, but I've frozen the ass of every Reinhardt I came across so far :p

I'm unlikely to kill it by myself if he's full life so it's not exactly a counter I guess.

You can freeze Reinhardt sure, but you're not going to kill him. If he's alone with a Mei he should just swing his hammer, once he forces the ice block she has no real chance unless he's super low HP but for that to happen he would have been low to begin with.

brian!

reinhardt himself is actually pretty decent at stopping holed up reinhardts
best case scenario you tag him with your charge, he will probably always give up his position or drop his shield from a charge, melee is good against him, etc.
also I'm pretty sure his fire thing has some sort of good interaction against shield, i dont remember if it's aoe dmg or if it just hits through

Plum

Man, getting 4 gold medals, PotG and an 6 commendations at the end of the match as Tracer is so satisfying.

People just don't know how to combat me sometimes.

Except for McCree. McCree can go flashbang himself.

ExVicis

Admit it, you're just gonna wall off the snipers to force them to move forward.

Which is actually a good idea.
This is possibly the best thing I've ever heard. I'm totally sold on Mei now after hating her since the Beta.

Except for McCree. McCree can go flashbang himself.
Ahahaha, nothing more satisfying than killing a Tracer, especially annoying ones that bait the Flashbang with their goddamn Recall. That move is so infuriating.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Reinhardt is SO satisfying:

3io1FKO.gif

I could have sworn Reinhardt's shield blocked another Reinhardt's ultimate. Guess not. What does block it then? I know there's been two or three times were I've had 3+ people in front of me and trigger the ultimate but nothing happen. No one fell down or took damage.

I feel like randoms never give enough credit to Symmetra. It doesn't matter if you killed 15 enemies with her turrets or your teleporter was up the 50% of the time, they will always vote for the person with the better kill streak.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How can you hate explosions?

Explosions are your friend

Nah man fuck junkrats. A good junkrat is way more annoying than mei, bastion, torb, mccree or any of the meme characters that people hate.

You know how people hate mei freezing them? That's how I feel whenever I step on his steel trap.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like randoms never give enough credit to Symmetra. It doesn't matter if you killed 15 enemies with her turrets or your teleporter was up the 50% of the time, they will always vote for the person with the better kill streak.

Pretty much. I got 7 votes once when I got a Symmetra play of the game but other than that yeah no one seems to care haha. But that's okay I love playing her.

ExVicis

I could have sworn Reinhardt's shield blocked another Reinhardt's ultimate. Guess not. What does block it then? I know there's been two or three times were I've had 3+ people in front of me and trigger the ultimate but nothing happen. No one fell down or took damage.
It blocks everything except Melee attacks, Reinhardt Charge, Reinhardt's Ultimate, Reinhardt's Right click, and Symmetra's right-click. I think there is one more but I can't remember it.

zonezeus

Sometimes I have a feeling that matchmaking doesn't really place me with people with more skill, it just gives me a crappy team.

She's a support, so her kills feed isn't generally impressive enough to merit a vote, but she's also Symmetra, so she doesn't have the massive visible healing factor.

It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom