• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
My team is about to capture a point to start payload before the time runs out. All of a sudden they hear 'Fire in the hole!' with the roaring sound of a motorcycle mixed with rubber hitting the road and they all scatter out of the point like scared rodents.

Junkrat must give players PTSD or something.

reinhardt himself is actually pretty decent at stopping holed up reinhardts
best case scenario you tag him with your charge, he will probably always give up his position or drop his shield from a charge, melee is good against him, etc.
also I'm pretty sure his fire thing has some sort of good interaction against shield, i dont remember if it's aoe dmg or if it just hits through
It ignores shields.

My team is about to capture a point to start payload before the time runs out. All of a sudden they hear 'Fire in the hole!' with the roaring sound of a motorcycle mixed with rubber hitting the road and they all scatter out of the point like scared rodents.

Junkrat must give players PTSD or something.
They made the right move. I just lost a match because literally everyone else on my team stood in a bunched up circle in the objective when the wheel came through. Everyone else died and I was left alone to deal with everyone.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I have no idea what is going on with the PS4 today. Long wait times for games, and when you do get a game it's "Fuck you I play what I want."

If this were COD or BF I could see giving a shit about class and just racking up kills; but jumping into a game as a Mei on attack because "lulz" is literally a 10 minute waste of your time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They made the right move. I just lost a match because literally everyone else on my team stood in a bunched up circle in the objective when the wheel came through. Everyone else died and I was left alone to deal with everyone.

They should have just shot the tire down.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have no idea what is going on with the PS4 today. Long wait times for games, and when you do get a game it's "Fuck you I play what I want."

If this were COD or BF I could see giving a shit about class and just racking up kills; but jumping into a game as a Mei on attack because "lulz" is literally a 10 minute waste of your time.

Whats wrong with Mei on attack?

Antiwhippy

I find her more useful on attack weirdly enough. Depends though really. Maybe not for the capture point maps but she can do work on payloads and KotH.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
She's under Defense so clearly you can never use her at any other time.

Man I've been using Hanzo, Junkrat and Mei on attack for ages, all this time I've been playing the game wrong ;_;

But seriously tho, was that a bad case of post backfire or did he mean something else? :3

Plum

You're welcome actually. I hope that helps your Tracer game and lessens your own personal McCree frustration. I don't need a flashbang to kill a Tracer anyway the bad ones just run into my bullets.

Yeah, you can tell a bad tracer when they play like a tank or Soldier:76 type assault. I play Tracer the way she's meant to played (though whilst I might I'm not great at it) so that shouldn't be an issue.

I KNOW RIGHT? IT SAYS DEFENSE RIGHT THERE! CONSOLE CASUALS, GOD!

But I would take a team of five Meis over two Widowmakers on Attack. I swear, it's like they instinctively try to UNDERperform the other one and it's a spiral of misses forever.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The real bummer is when its a payload map and you see your team load up on Widowmakers and Hanzos. The enemy team doesn't even have to do anything your own teammates won't go near the payload cause their leet sniping is too important. SMH.

Xeteh

Man I've been using Hanzo, Junkrat and Mei on attack for ages, all this time I've been playing the game wrong ;_;

But seriously tho, was that a bad case of post backfire or did he mean something else? :3

I've had someone rage because we had a Mei on attack. People just get pre-conceived ideas and don't want to to hear otherwise.

jacobs34

I've been playing around with Hanzo and Genji today in solo que and I'm picking them up a lot faster than I thought I would. Hanzo is such a great character in corridors, the scatter arrow is OP and there is nothing more satisfying in the game then getting the feedback on headshots. The ult is just as fun to use at is annoying to have to deal with.

It's going to take me awhile to find the best spots to bounce around to on each of the maps with Genji, but when you get into a flow with him he feels unstoppable. Given that most people don't select supports or tanks I don't get a lot of chances to play with these two, but I want to be able to play all of the characters once ranked gets going.

eek5

reinhardt himself is actually pretty decent at stopping holed up reinhardts
best case scenario you tag him with your charge, he will probably always give up his position or drop his shield from a charge, melee is good against him, etc.
also I'm pretty sure his fire thing has some sort of good interaction against shield, i dont remember if it's aoe dmg or if it just hits through

His fire strike will go through the shield/barriers and goes through heroes to hit everything in its path

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My Mei is super aggressive, works great. I even got called a fat fuck today while playing her, the guy got so mad he swapped to Mei himself so naturally I went straight for him, froze him, headshot him and then emoted him. After the match he instantly left the game in a fit of rage.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I use Roadhog all the time. However there are are clearly some characters (Symmetra) who are better in other class roles and maps than others.

Jarate

Banned
All I want in this game is there to be a nerf to the spread arrow. I've been one shifted far too many times by Hanzos missing completely

Rhaknar

All I want in this game is there to be a nerf to the spread arrow. I've been one shifted far too many times by Hanzos missing completely

Err thats how you use that skill, you use it on walls or the floor.

Also lol ar people wanting nerfs to thibgs that personally affects them instead of the game as a whole

Plum

My Mei is super aggressive, works great. I even got called a fat fuck today while playing her, the guy got so mad he swapped to Mei himself so naturally I went straight for him, froze him, headshot him and then emoted him. After the match he instantly left the game in a fit of rage.

Ha, makes you wonder whether he thinks you play Mei because you're a "fat fuck" or whether he was calling Mei one.

Had some guy say "Change to tank Tracer you're doing nothing!", when I joined midway through the game and had already gained the gold medal for eliminations.

sixghost

So is DVA clearly the worst character in the game? I enjoy playing her, but there just always seems to be a better choice. There are so many characters that destroy her in a straight up fight, no matter the distance, and the ones she can usually can just run away from her.

eek5

I played Symmetra for the first time and went 32-6 got 27 turret kills and we somehow won the game when it looked hopeless at the beginning...

Is that normal?

If you spread her turrets out you'll get a ton of eliminations because enemies are distracted and if they get grazed then killed by your team you'll get some elimination credit.

Kiro

I played Symmetra for the first time and went 32-6 got 27 turret kills and we somehow won the game when it looked hopeless at the beginning...

Is that normal?

If a team doesn't know how to deal with symmetra, she treats them like cattle for the slaughter.

If they do know, you're in for a rough time.

If you spread her turrets out you'll get a ton of eliminations because enemies are distracted and if they get grazed then killed by your team you'll get some elimination credit.

If a team doesn't know how to deal with symmetra, she treats them like cattle for the slaughter.

If they do know, you're in for a rough time.
Yea, obviously I wasn't doing full damage or anything, but I just put them all over the payload and around corners and the kills were coming like crazy. I'm inclined to think they were just bad against Symmetra, but I had fun regardless.

Antiwhippy

So is DVA clearly the worst character in the game? I enjoy playing her, but there just always seems to be a better choice. There are so many characters that destroy her in a straight up fight, no matter the distance, and the ones she can usually can just run away from her.

Zenyatta.

Also I kill people fine as DVA. Just don't be stubborn and stick to a person backing out of your range. Use her boosts pretty liberally. They make the countdown small for a reason.

Soma

man

i go into a defense match and a see or mercy or lucio on our team and think "cool i'mma run with symmetra here"

then i see them changing to another character because they feel like the support role for our whole team is fulfilled by me

kinda frustrating. i mean i do what i can but i feel like it's not enough sometimes if we're up against a good team.

I feel like randoms never give enough credit to Symmetra. It doesn't matter if you killed 15 enemies with her turrets or your teleporter was up the 50% of the time, they will always vote for the person with the better kill streak.

Had POTG and most kills/objective kills/objective time, 0 votes

But as they say, victory is its own reward

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The game is really fun, but so many moments feel just random/luck driven

Just a pinch of luck and randomness

NUAsKbf.png

eek5

man

i go into a defense match and a see or mercy or lucio on our team and think "cool i'mma run with symmetra here"

then i see them changing to another character because they feel like the support role for our whole team is fulfilled by me

kinda frustrating. i mean i do what i can but i feel like it's not enough sometimes if we're up against a good team.

I blame Blizzard for putting symmetra into the support category. Shields are hardly the same thing as healing. They might as well throw S76 and torb in there too lol

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

Is that normal?

Yes.

And Mei isn't one of those.

No. She isn't. Obviously some folks can make any character shine, but majority of people run with it because "Oh this is interesting" or as someone mentioned up thread, because the other guy using it is killing.

My frustration actually came about because someone switched to a Mei when we needed a push. . .giving up the Lucio who could have just crouched with me behind the PayLoad to get over the finish line.

I blame Blizzard for putting symmetra into the support category. Shields are hardly the same thing as healing. They might as well throw S76 and torb in there too lol

The category is "support" not "healer." I've had plenty of games where we had no dedicated healer and won because people played intelligently. You can't heal dumb.

They should have just shot the tire down.
A lot of the time you have no idea where it's coming from. The best move when that happens is to scatter so the explosion doesn't kill everyone. He was the only opponent around, and if even two people would have distanced themselves we would have won the round.

Antiwhippy

The category is "support" not "healer." I've had plenty of games where we had no dedicated healer and won because people played intelligently. You can't heal dumb.

But she does the same job as torb really. I don't blame people for being confused. I just tend to let the team know in chat. Usually one guy wises up.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
One too many random Hanzo arrows or Junkrat grenades to the noggin huh?

Its more than that, even in coordinated pushes it doesnt feel that skill driven

When you reach level 30 and begin fighting other level 30 and up players(because they start matching you with higher levels once you pass 25), you'll start to see a taste of the big leagues/competitive players and things will start to change, where there's less luck and more skill and more 'how did this person pull that off'. When you are on a loss streak at this level, you start to question your own merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom