• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's a different game since I've started playing in a full stack vs other full stacks, far more skill based and way more enjoyable. I reconnected with some old WoW guild mates and we've been playing together the last couple of days and I'm really enjoying it.

Jblanks

Yes put me in a game where the average level on the other team is like 60, and we have a level 6 and 15 and no healers. Thanks Blizz. and got POTG as Lucio for knocking to guys off the map lol.

Ardenyal

Yes put me in a game where the average level on the other team is like 60, and we have a level 6 and 15 and no healers. Thanks Blizz. and got POTG as Lucio for knocking to guys off the map lol.

Sounds familiar.. Did you get dragged over the edge by a Roadhog hook? :D

Wait, why?

It's not like I'm demanding a healer. It's more like "heads up, sym isn't a healer".

Are these people who've never played the game before and actually think Sym is a healer, or just people who wanted to play Sym but changed because you voiced concern?

I play solo 95% of the time so I don't really even worry about team comp anymore lol. You might get a Mercy who resurrects a lone Widow only to then get herself killed, or you might get a Sym who cleans a whole team up, so I take a "wait and see" attitude with picks.

And? Torb isn't support with his armor packs?

Yes, giving people armor is one support function he's capable of, but support is not his main function. He's a territorial attacker

CoLaN

When you reach level 30 and begin fighting other level 30 and up players(because they start matching you with higher levels once you pass 25), you'll start to see a taste of the big leagues/competitive players and things will start to change, where there's less luck and more skill and more 'how did this person pull that off'. When you are on a loss streak at this level, you start to question your own merits.

Im around that level now, its just that having played quake 2 and 3 for years i find some of the gameplay a bit "raw" aiming wise (maybe its the kinda big hitboxes), leading to some random stuff. I can see the skilled plays though

Haven't really played Bastion much since last year, got a "sit in the corner and do nothing but shoot" PotG with Bastion today in Hollywood. Still hilarious.

To add to the salt, my win pose is the turret, and my highlight intro is the turret one. Bastion's fun.

TheYanger

Yeah the main problem with symmetra is if you're not running a premade the rest of the team will go "Oh we got a support" until you start playing with better players. Symmetra in lieu of a healer is not a good pick. In addition to it's fantastic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are these people who've never played the game before and actually think Sym is a healer, or just people who wanted to play Sym but changed because you voiced concern?

I play solo 95% of the time so I don't really even worry about team comp anymore lol. You might get a Mercy who resurrects a lone Widow only to then get herself killed, or you might get a Sym who cleans a whole team up, so I take a "wait and see" attitude with picks.

Nah, if there's a sym there already I usually switch out to a healer myself (though double sym can be super fucked up for the other team :p). If they don't then whatever, I find that I can still hold my own defending points without a healer, but it's good to let people know about her role because she's seriously in the wrong category, and if you pick her the "no support" thing goes away.

I think good natured advise in chat is fine.

Yeah the main problem with symmetra is if you're not running a premade the rest of the team will go "Oh we got a support" until you start playing with better players. Symmetra in lieu of a healer is not a good pick. In addition to it's fantastic.

I think playing in the region and time zone I am gives me some vastly different experiences from the rest of you lol

Nah, if there's a sym there already I usually switch out to a healer myself. If they don't then whatever, I find that I can still hold my own defending points without a healer, but it's good to let people know about her role because she's seriously in the wrong category.

Do you think support should only mean healing then?

Soma

yeah pretty much. i do fairly well with sym lately as a solo support but having a lucio healing and getting me to a point fast so i can set up turrets quicker or a mercy helping out makes our team nearly unstoppable

DoT2

Just a pinch of luck and randomness

NUAsKbf.png

Rofl, shits funny.

Well, Symm's MAIN problem is that she's categorically useless on offence and only really strong defending point A, or stopping the payload on Dorado.

But her secondary problem is that people think she's a substitute for a Lucio or Mercy, and she's really not.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Symm's MAIN problem is that she's categorically useless on offence and only really strong defending point A, or stopping the payload on Dorado.

But her secondary problem is that people think she's a substitute for a Lucio or Mercy, and she's really not.

Totally agree, she's very situational and generally not the best tool for the job.

EndMerit

Man, today was the worst session I've had. My group was nothing special and didn't play together too well, and even kept bickering with other team's players and amongst themselves in chat like damn children. Other teams were consistently better, both as individuals and at playing together, and one Tracer was dedicated into ruining my Mercy in like 6 games in a row. And to top it off I never managed to show my a-game either and was part of almost every POTG. Getting killed, that is.

Going to bed while frustrated... what a bad feeling.

Same thing happens if you pick Zen.

Sucks.

Kyoufu

Lol.
When ever I hear junk rats wheel I start running. hanzo gets the same treatment when he yells

If I hear Junkrat's ult I just stand there and shoot it when I see it.

Unless of course the Junkrat is pro enough to pop it from a ledge above. Then I'm fucked. lol

I think from now on if I hear McCree's High Noon I'm just going to kill him. His ult sucks and is too slow to kill me before I can burst him down anyway.

You guys must run in to some very bad Sym players.

Not really, man. You might have been running into some people who are very awful at dealing with Symmetra tho.

Totally agree, she's very situational and generally not the best tool for the job.

Well, that's the thing. Sometimes she's not just the best tool for the job, she's the best tool period. That's where her incredible win rate comes from; in the situations she's useful, she's near godlike.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol.
When ever I hear junk rats wheel I start running. hanzo gets the same treatment when he yells

I killed 3 people earlier by shooting my dragon at...the door, hoping they would run there when they heard it :3

ExVicis

Worst ult in the game. I really hate it.
I like to use it behind Reinhardt's Shield. I can be out in the open and see the enemy, and they can't do shit back to me...unless the Reinhardt has ants in his pants and moves away with his shield so everyone just pounds on me.

XaosWolf

After earlier's fiasco with non-stop idiot teams, capped off tonight with some well played rounds and some amazing fun rounds of Call of Duty mode. (5 Soldier 76s and a Lucio)

Good times. Finished the first match as them in 2 minutes. =D

Symmetra's not really useless on offense given the number of 2+ attacker teams I see on defense. I use turrets to wipe out Tracers and Genjis trying to circle around your team and wipe them out.

Hex

Banned
I think some people still do not realize that to defend you have to have bodies on the objective otherwise one person can take it by themselves.
Running everyone to the four corners of the world is so fucking stupid

I dunno how to properly use McCree's ult. I know more health = more charging time but I can only ever get one person with it.

Is it all positioning or have people learned to counter and hide from it? It's so easily blocked by Reinhardt, Zarya, Winston or Genji - not counting times when you get killed by a sniper or Roadhog because you move real slow.

Symmetra's not really useless on offense given the number of 2+ attacker teams I see on defense. I use turrets to wipe out Tracers and Genjis trying to circle around your team and wipe them out.

Only works against nigh-braindead Genjis and Tracers, generally. Tracer in particular can clear off turrets like nobody's business.

Hex

Banned
I dunno how to properly use McCree's ult. I know more health = more charging time but I can only ever get one person with it.

Is it all positioning or have people learned to counter and hide from it? It's so easily blocked by Reinhardt, Zarya, Winston or Genji - not counting times when you get killed by a sniper or Roadhog because you move real slow.

It is about knowing when to pull the trigger and not being greedy.
I fuck it up alot because I wait too long to shoot too early.
When you see red skulls pull the trigger.
People will run for cover as soon as they hear you which makes it hard.
Fucking Genji can just shoot through walls and doesn't have to target so he gives no fucks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Support should mean support.

Symmetra more easily fits into the defense category. She's much more akin to Tobelrone than she is to Lucio or Mercy.
When the shields were bigger it made more sense for her to be a support, so that's probably why she's still there.

If Symettra had some kind of Dispenser-esque building she could be a support. Something that heals you when you go over to it. Maybe instead of having no ult to charge when she throws down a teleporter her next ult could be a Dispenser?

ryseing

Hey y'all. Started an Overwatch GAF party on PS4 if anyone wants to join in. It's accessible from the Overwatch GAF community wall. My PSN is bmc811.

Fury451

Banned
Zarya is my jam.

I kept reading online about how hard he was to use, especially in the tank class and all that. I've had absolutely no trouble and have had nothing but amazing streaks with her.

She's an interesting combination of team protector and heavy damage dealer. I guess that just suits my play style.

If you're playing with the bad team though, or one that doesn't coordinate at least somewhat, she seems a lot more useless cause she can't provide those buffs to help out in the fray.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It is about knowing when to pull the trigger and not being greedy.
I fuck it up alot because I wait too long to shoot too early.
When you see red skulls pull the trigger.
People will run for cover as soon as they hear you which makes it hard.
Fucking Genji can just shoot through walls and doesn't have to target so he gives no fucks.

You mean hanzo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom