• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Truth.

eumYpht.gif

Yeah i said it for a while now that her beam is too strong.

Oh and Torb's molten core cannon.

MazeHaze

Banned
Been havin a ball blasting At the Drive-In and just fucking everyone up with Winston. Such an adrenaline rush. Love how he jumps around and then rages with his ult. This game is so much fun.

Yeah i said it for a while now that her beam is too strong.

I think it's fine. Symmetra is incredibly easy to take down and the beam takes a while to charge up. If you watch the clip, none of the enemies she kills are even looking at her. That Soldier 76 could have dropped her in an instant if he was paying attention.

Oh wow. I've been playing Symmetra this whole time without realizing that the power level on the beam DOESN'T reset if you switch targets. Daaaaaaaang.

As long as you do it fast enough. The gun loses its charge quick.

Apathy

Geeze, can leaver penalty be -99% for 100 games or for a game to stop if 2 people leave, i am sick of coming into crap games already and having to lose.

XenoRaven

Oh wow. I've been playing Symmetra this whole time without realizing that the power level on the beam DOESN'T reset if you switch targets. Daaaaaaaang.
You can wreck D. Vas if you keep firing the beam or feathering the trigger a bit during the period where her mech is destroyed but it's still targetable. The moment she comes out of the mech she's greeted with a fully charged beam.

I just want to make something clear in case anyone here doesn't know:

You need to stand INSIDE the point area to contest it or capture it.

I'm on Ilios approaching a control point in Overtime and what do I see but my team's D.Va with Defense Matrix up BACKING OFF THE POINT AND LETTING OVERTIME WIND DOWN.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well for McCree I think Blizzard doesn't want to ruin stun and fan so it's probably going to be accuracy/falloff for single shots.

XenoRaven

Well for McCree I think Blizzard doesn't want to ruin stun and fan so it's probably going to be accuracy/falloff for single shots.
They already did this once.

Part of the issue with McCree according to Blizzard is that he melts tanks too fast.

I'm wondering if removing the reload from his roll would be too extreme.

Blizzard specifically mention Fan, they don't want to touch flash but are actively looking into changing Fan. Which they should IMO.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I actually don't think they like Fan as-is. IIRC there was a patch in beta with dev comments specifically stating they didn't like his alt fire being his primary source of damage, and I see it typically account for >50% of his kills per match.

I actually don't think they like Fan as-is. IIRC there was a patch in beta with dev comments specifically stating they didn't like his alt fire being his primary source of damage, and I see it typically account for >50% of his kills per match.

This as well. With McCree there's literally no reason to use Primary fire.

I'm curious, what did you guys counter with?
We pretty much went all Tank and offense. I switched to Pharah but I played like a sniper to bust some of the turret nests. There were a couple D.Vas and 1 Junkrat and Reinhart at some point to start things off. Dorado has a lot of corners and handful of high perches so it was actually pretty easy once we switched to that strategy, If we had like 5 more seconds we would have won it.

I go 19-0, just about to get that achievement for a killstreak of 20, and the match ends. I spent the last 30 seconds desperately searching for someone, but the only person I found ran away from me as I pursued them, and it didn't help that at that point, half of their team had left the game, making it difficult to find anyone else.

Damn.

I also fell in love with Zarya today. Like holy shit, the first time I just did not die defending right next to the payload for like 5 minutes straight. Had a good Lucio around to keep me topped off while I threw shields around like candy and took the damage boost and right clicked for nearly the entire time to keep the team from getting too close.

LiK

Some of these trophies are ridiculous. Think I'm done trying to chase them and just play normally. Think I got too many losses from trying.

After a bad run the last few nights, just had a great night with almost all wins, and two POTGs as Symmetra, neither of which had anything to do with her turrets. I don't think a lot of players expect Symmetra to try a flanking maneuver, and I just kept coming up behind them and wiping them out over and over again, including a triple kill with just using her gun and jumping around the enemy like a lunatic. Beautiful.

ExVicis

I go 19-0, just about to get that achievement for a killstreak of 20, and the match ends. I spent the last 30 seconds desperately searching for someone, but the only person I found ran away from me as I pursued them, and it didn't help that at that point, half of their team had left the game, making it difficult to find anyone else.

Damn.
Aw man I'm sorry, do you want some Tea?

overwatch-spray-tea-time.png

mellow

Some of these trophies are ridiculous. Think I'm done trying to chase them and just play normally. Think I got too many losses from trying.

I'm amazed I have as many as I do, I was playing characters I didn't enjoy purely for trophies and realized how stupid that was

funnily enough most of the trophies I never thought I'd get came when I wasn't even aiming for them

Valahart

Played my first 3 matches, can't wait till the game starts making sense.

How can you guys use KB+M ?? So many freaking buttons on the keyboard, so awkwardly distributed. Is it practice or just a 6+ buttons mouse?

LiK

I'm amazed I have as many as I do, I was playing characters I didn't enjoy purely for trophies and realized how stupid that was

funnily enough most of the trophies I never thought I'd get came when I wasn't even aiming for them

Yea. Some of them I got from just playing and I didn't even think about them. When I try for them , it gets harder. Gonna just play normal and if they come they come. One them is glitched and no one has it anyway. No point until they patch it.

-MD-

Played my first 3 matches, can't wait till the game starts making sense.

How can you guys use KB+M ?? So many freaking buttons on the keyboard, so awkwardly distributed. Is it practice or just a 6+ buttons mouse?

There's only a few buttons though outside of your movement keys. E, Shift and occasionally Q. And I guess V for melee but I use my side mouse button.

You'll get the hang of kb/m in no time just keep playing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Honestly D.Va doesn't need a buff and she is one of my favorite heroes, you just need to know how to play her. If she is close up she does pretty good damage.

The salt will be real when they really buff her damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom