• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valahart

There's only a few buttons though outside of your movement keys. E, Shift and occasionally Q. And I guess V for melee but I use my side mouse button.

You'll get the hang of kb/m in no time just keep playing.

My main problem is with the V. But pressing R is also pretty confusing.

vixlar

Played my first 3 matches, can't wait till the game starts making sense.

How can you guys use KB+M ?? So many freaking buttons on the keyboard, so awkwardly distributed. Is it practice or just a 6+ buttons mouse?

This game uses few buttons. Some characters change weapons with 1 and 2, but I think is better to assing just one key to toggle weapons. And although crouch isn't used a lot, I rather having in toggle instead of hold. Remember, you can arrange the buttons as you like. And as you get experience I recommend you assign keys for asking health and for asking to attack an objective.

At first is a little intimidating, but you'll get the grip.

Hex

Banned
So I played Mei for the first time tonight, she was alot of fun.
SO leaning toward Tracer and Mei and then pulling out Junkrat when shit gets deep.
Still trying to get better with McCree though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nice to see D.Va get a buff. Her head hitbox is just hilariously big atm, I hope they do something about that.

They said nothing about the head hitbox. They want to buff her damage a bit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly D.Va doesn't need a buff and she is one of my favorite heroes, you just need to know how to play her. If she is close up she does pretty good damage.

The salt will be real when they really buff her damage.

Sounds more like they want to buff her tanking ability if anything.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
The best part of the game is how finely tuned it is for daily gameplay. I just play once per day for about 2 hours. Get my loot box and then get off. Perfect for chilling out after work and still doing other things.

Regiruler

Getting through D.Vas armor takes fucking forever.

FWIW they could probably buff it simply by buffing the pilot mode. The soft revive functionality gives her interesting survivability.

RexNovis

Banned
Thanks to RexNovis for the group invite this morning. First time playing with GAF! :D

I think we only won 1/5 games or something, but it was all good. It feels way better than with randoms as at least you know what everyone's trying to do. You can encourage one another and offer advice when things need changing up, it's great.

Sorry if my D.Va obsession offended anyone ^^; Sometimes it felt like I was doing okay, hassling opposing flankers and snipers, but I might have a bad habit of going it alone too often. I'm trying to learn other characters for when everyone just needs to push.

Guess I should also learn Torb for those special occasions...hah.

Was everyone based in Japan (or near enough)? If it's okay, I'll add some more of you guys next time. Cheers!

Yea everyone in that group was in Japan. Was fun man and no worries on D Va you're free to use whoever you want.

I'm really growing fond of Tracer, in good hands, she can be a handful for a lot of enemies which is valuable to distract them for the objective. Symmetra is a pain in the ass, though.

Also this probably was addressed in the OT before, but I think Bastion should lose its self repair ability. His damage output is already way too high and adding that is frustrating since you have to constantly be on top of him so he doesn't heal himself but not too close so he doesn't crush you. And yeah I know, Genji and shit, but still, it's really annoying,

MGrant

Whats with people fighting OUTSIDE of the point in king of the hill when you have to push to control it? Makes no sense.

Some characters need to do that, though, if they're lighter characters with less HP who are designed to flank and annoy the other team. But if you're fighting off the point and you're not Tracer, Genji, McCree, Symmetra, maybe Reaper, or a sniper, you're probably doing it wrong.

vypek

Do characters also say their voice lines during some events or is that only when you select it from the wheel? Will you only hear "A-mei-zing" if you select it?

ramyeon

Just picked up a Playstation Wireless Headset 2.0 since my in-ear headphones mic wasn't working properly with my PS4. This should make things a lot easier!
Do characters also say their voice lines during some events or is that only when you select it from the wheel? Will you only hear "A-mei-zing" if you select it?
They have a bunch of other (More interesting) lines that play depending on what other characters you're with or maps you're on.

Don't think I've heard the one liners anywhere else personally. Could be wrong.

ElyrionX

Tracer is tonnes of fun. Going to try maining her. Other heroes I play regularly are McCree/S76/Lucio/Mercy. I don't like any of the tanks (but will still play Rein if my team needs a tank) and as for defensive heroes, I used to play Hanzo but I am so awful with him that I've given up for now which is a pity since I got the Okami skin. Think Mei will be my go-to defensive hero for now.

I really really want to be good at Genji but he's even harder to play than Tracer.

Rad-

I have suddenly clicked with Hanzo and in the matter of hours gotten like 5 times better. His killing power is pretty insane when you start hitting headshots regularly. Last 4 rounds went all like around 18-3, 21-5 etc with almost every round around 10k damage too.

Also tip for Genji players. When you face Hanzo don't start double jumping around. It makes it much much easier to hit you. Hitting Genji is hard when he is just running but when he jumps? Almost a free hit.

Pilgrimzero

Not one card or play of the game tonight. I feel unappreciated.

Had a great time playing with 3 Syms, 2 Thorbs, and 1 76. We were defending so turrets every where. Opposing team just couldn't do it. Felt bad for them

ElyrionX

My only complaint about the game so far is it feels like I'm playing the same maps over and over. I mean, I've booted up the game 3 times today and all 3 times it put me on Kings Row. I play that map far more than the others I believe. It's always the payload maps too. I rarely get to play the KOTH ones. Is it just bad luck?

HELL OF A EDIT: Just clicked search for game....guess where I'm at? KINGS FUCKIN ROW FOR A FOURTH TIME. This cannot be coincidence.

I noticed this as well. Posted yesterday that I am level 28 and only just played my first full game on Ilios.

Sophia

Really on a roll with Winston as far as tanks go. He has the consistent damage of D.Va, without the movement penalties. It's very fun to harass players with him.

I wish his ult didn't feel so risky at times tho. It seems to be one of the only ultimates with a genuine disadvantage beyond just the standard high risk, high reward. Great survival tool tho.

ElyrionX

Also, I noticed that the maps in this game are overall decent but so far, there are no real standouts or instant classics. No de_dust or Strike at Karkand for those who get the reference.

Sophia

Also, I noticed that the maps in this game are overall decent but so far, there are no real standouts or instant classics. No de_dust or Strike at Karkand for those who get the reference.

Honestly, I enjoy all of them pretty well. The only one I dislike is Temple of Anubis. But I'd say King's Row and Route 66 are my favorites.

I think there's no de_dust/Strike at Karkand because the maps tend to be rotated pretty decently, and they're all of a fairly high quality except for Temple of Anubis.

vypek

Just picked up a Playstation Wireless Headset 2.0 since my in-ear headphones mic wasn't working properly with my PS4. This should make things a lot easier!

They have a bunch of other (More interesting) lines that play depending on what other characters you're with or maps you're on.

Don't think I've heard the one liners anywhere else personally. Could be wrong.

Ah cool. I have heard some of the one liners but didn't know if anything makes them say their equipped lines

eek5

god how do people do it? how do they get past level 10 and still don't get on the point. I want to invent the technology to punch someone through the internet. How, and how does a terrible sniper that can't hit a roadhog and has been countersniped the whole game and even acts surprised when they miss over voice "wow how did i miss her?", how do they not understand they need to switch.

Most people do understand. They just don't care.

UGH

F9uLwWM.jpg

UGH

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know this ain't anything special, but it felt good to take out that annoying turret:

https://youtu.be/Vs3-uoMjyaY

Couldnt someone on your team just switch to hanzo or widow? Hell even 76 since you have a rein that he could hide behind and just shoot helix rockets and a few machine gun shots, that turret was just right there out in the open :eek:

R0ckman

Some characters need to do that, though, if they're lighter characters with less HP who are designed to flank and annoy the other team. But if you're fighting off the point and you're not Tracer, Genji, McCree, Symmetra, maybe Reaper, or a sniper, you're probably doing it wrong.

Nah I'm talking about where you are outside of the point attack the people inside.

I really wished we could at least vote for what map we're playing next.

I pretty much want to leave if I ever see a King of the Hill map or Anubis pop up.

Hope in ranked they add in a ban these 11 maps and do a best of 3 on the map not selected.

BY2K

Membero Americo
A decent Widowmaker can completely shut down a Bastion is she goes for him every time he shows up.

It's not even funny.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
A decent Widowmaker can completely shut down a Bastion is she goes for him every time he shows up.

It's not even funny.

A decent Widowmaker can shut down a whole team until someone is good enough to counter snipe her or someone goes Winston / D.Va

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom