• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Zarya just clicked with me, 27 eliminations on 2 quick rounds of Illios.

Apathy

ran into my first trolls in this game, 2 guys that were just on the side of the map doing nothing, just a junkrat that damage himself, fuck these people, hate little shits like that. we got the other team to report them as well

Ketch

Guys, as a character I love bastion....but theres no way to play him without being human scum right :( ?

nah. bastion is secretly one of the most balanced heroes in the game. He's really strong against people who suck, but he's easily countered by people who are even just decent.

So you gotta get good with bastion so you can counter the people who are smart enough to try and counter you and then you'll be one of the few actually good bastions.

As Genji on attack, I like to pick off one or two characters that I have an easy time with (like bastion) then go to their spawn and kill them over and over as they attempt to approach the objective.

It feels like bullying, but I can occupy 2-3 of their team mates this way, and I think that really helps my team out on the objective.

Danj

Supposing you have more than 6 friends online, is there any way you can split them up into 2 groups and play versus each other? or can you only group versus randos?

Gator86

Man, I hate seeing a Tracer on the other team at higher levels on PS4. You just know she's going to lay waste to your hapless fodder over and over. I've been playing Mei a lot, so I can kill her with icicle headshots or chase her off with the spray, but my god, my team is just utterly helpless more often than not. I'm not sure what to do other than go Tracer myself and try to chase her the entire match to reduce it to 5 on 5 or play Torb and set a turret behind my team to babysit them.

ExVicis

Too many damned people fancy themselves snipers, and seriously end up contributing squat.

One of these just happened right now in a game I was in. We had two healers (one was me) and mid-game when shit was going bad fucker decided "Eh I'm going Widowmaker" and proceeded to do nothing of value for the rest of the game.

Guys, as a character I love bastion....but theres no way to play him without being human scum right :( ?

Eh if the opponent can't get organized to beat that's kind of on them. I just did Anubis on both attack and defend. When we were defending they bitched that we had two and I as Zenyatta always had transcendence ready at the go when we needed it. The problem is the only flanker they had was a Reaper who came in solo. When the match ended several people on my team made the same point of no one on that team bothered to switch and they kept throwing themselves at us the same way. We then proceed to attack and they decided to go with four Bastions. We won and without needing to do anything super crazy just played smart.

I'm going to go ahead and do my pretty regular complaint of Widowmaker really shouldn't be able to body shot and kill Zenyatta. Something a friend of mine suggest was make it so there's a hard cap on body shot damage of 95% of the targets maximum health. That at least sounded to me like a pretty fair balance change Zenyatta doesn't get any buffs because apparently he was way too strong before and Widowmaker really doesn't lose much except that now she can't drop Zenyatta in a way that seems unfair.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
As Genji on attack, I like to pick off one or two characters that I have an easy time with (like bastion) then go to their spawn and kill them over and over as they attempt to approach the objective.

It feels like bullying, but I can occupy 2-3 of their team mates this way, and I think that really helps my team out on the objective.

I love when you pull the attention of a tank as Genji/Tracer. Like they just run after you into a room swinging a giant hammer around trying to swat you down. Mission already accomplished.

Man, I hate seeing a Tracer on the other team at higher levels on PS4. You just know she's going to lay waste to your hapless fodder over and over. I've been playing Mei a lot, so I can kill her with icicle headshots or chase her off with the spray, but my god, my team is just utterly helpless more often than not. I'm not sure what to do other than go Tracer myself and try to chase her the entire match to reduce it to 5 on 5 or play Torb and set a turret behind my team to babysit them.

McCree. The answer to all.

Roadhog is a lot harder to play than I thought, but i'm getting the hang of it. The hook requires a bit more accuracy to grab, and a good amount of the time that the enemy doesn't get pulled in right which is really annoying.

I think the biggest hurdle though is getting over the excitement of hooking someone and staying calm to go in for the kill.

I'm still trying to figure out if a left click doesn't kill them, is it better to melee after or try to get another left click in.

Gator86

I love when you pull the attention of a tank as Genji/Tracer. Like they just run after you into a room swinging a giant hammer around trying to swat you down. Mission already accomplished.

McCree. The answer to all.

Yeah, we had a McCree last game. Didn't do shit. Should have gone double McCree. Should always go double McCree. The problem is less I have trouble with her and more she decimates the randoms I'm stuck with. Not sure I could guard them all when they scatter all over the map, even on KOTH for some reason.

ExVicis

Yeah, we had a McCree last game. Didn't do shit. Should have gone double McCree. Should always go double McCree. The problem is less I have trouble with her and more she decimates the randoms I'm stuck with. Not sure I could guard them all when they scatter all over the map, even on KOTH for some reason.

The answer is always Double McCree. Always.

I'm kind of souring on this game b/c of how not fun it is to get steamrolled by actual teams.

My new goal is to get POTG with mercy's pistol only.

tbh i might just be done with the game and go back to counter strike.

pigeon

Banned
Roadhog is a lot harder to play than I thought, but i'm getting the hang of it. The hook requires a bit more accuracy to grab, and a good amount of the time that the enemy doesn't get pulled in right which is really annoying.

I think the biggest hurdle though is getting over the excitement of hooking someone and staying calm to go in for the kill.

I'm still trying to figure out if a left click doesn't kill them, is it better to melee after or try to get another left click in.

Melee can cancel the end of the firing animation, I believe, so it's a little better.

psyfi

Banned
GGs tonight Xboners.

Genji is so fun to play, but man, I'm terrible at getting kills with his ult. I'm the same way with the Bladedancer super in Destiny. I pop it, maybe get one kill, then die. I guess I need to get better at ambushing. And overall, I find it I get more kills with Soldier 76, but damn he's so vanilla.

Repo Man

After mainly playing tank and support heroes I finally decided to give damage heroes a go last night. Tried Hanzo and sort of did alright with him, just need a bit more practice. Next up was McRee and Reaper and with both I did so fucking poorly that I held my team back hard, got embarrassed and logged off mid-game. I'm sure I'll try them again but I'll have to do it in the right mindframe.

Owzers

Argh, ran into a game with two gaf people and they defended Hanamura point B with 4 Symmetra and 2 turret guys. What's the strategy here? A couple winstons, something to kill the turrets....and things?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Argh, ran into a game with two gaf people and they defended Hanamura point B with 4 Symmetra and 2 turret guys. What's the strategy here? A couple winstons, something to kill the turrets....and things?

3 winstons 2 snipers 1 lucio

psyfi

Banned
Honestly, is there ever a situation that doesn't call for Lucio? Dude is so damn good. He's already the most effective healer, and the fact that he NEVER DIES* means he's always there when you need him. And the shield ult can be very clutch.

*slight exaggeration

I'm kind of souring on this game b/c of how not fun it is to get steamrolled by actual teams.

My new goal is to get POTG with mercy's pistol only.

tbh i might just be done with the game and go back to counter strike.

You never get steamrolled in counter-strike? At least in OW when you get rek it's relatively quick

eek5

Honestly, is there ever a situation that doesn't call for Lucio? Dude is so damn good. He's already the most effective healer, and the fact that he NEVER DIES* means he's always there when you need him. And the shield ult can be very clutch.

*slight exaggeration

Wall running Lucios are so annoying

pigeon

Banned
Attacking on Route 76.

I'm Winston. Our team locks in two Hanzos and a Widowmaker.

Somebody points out how deeply stupid this is so one of the Hanzos switch to Tracer.

Two minutes in, switches back to Hanzo.

I don't know, man, I just don't know.

Also I got silver medal for eliminations, so it's not like they were clearing the map.

Nyx

Winston's gun destroys Symmetra's turrets easily, you don't even have to aim much.

I think you can just hold your fire button during the hook and it'll come out. You can cancel that with melee for a bit more damage.

KuroNeeko

Finally got my first PotG with Mei (sort of)

Actually, Symmetra got it on Anubis, but you could see me freezing Reinhardt while she zapped him from behind and then wall off the enemy's Mercy escape so the sentries could kill her.

Probably the closest I'm going to get to getting my own PotG. lol

I can't believe all the hate on Mei. She's a fun character. People lose the game (and cause their team to lose the game through misplays, missed shots, bad judgment calls, etc) all the time. Blaming your loss completely on Mei is just wrong when there are probably a thousand other things you could have done differently to win.

The only problems I have with Mei is that she should be more aware of team comp and environment before walling. Just walling the enemy team can give them time to prep that they normally wouldn't have. You also can potentially close off sight lines that your Widowmaker was exploiting.

I find Ice Wall to be good when you want to force the enemy to take another route, close off retreats, separate teams (especially Mercy), block Ultimates like D.Va's or McCrees, or to buy time for your team to regroup.

Guess people just don't like to be frozen. Reminds me of Fear and Warlocks back in vanilla / Burning Crusade WoW.

After work / family commitments I was finally able to sink some time into this yesterday. I hate Mei. Screw that stupid pudgy cow and her freezing gun.

No, you!

The beautiful L2 button is also hover but the game doesn't tell you by default.

Thank you! Now I'll work on Pharah a bit more. Too bad every team has a Widowmaker on it though. : /

DeSo

Banned
Bastions on the moving platforms at Volskaya. I'm the only healer, my team isn't interested in killing them.

Quit to desktop.

*slight exaggeration

lXxeYbc.png

I love Lucio so much. Just completed a capture point, then payload map in under 5 minutes. Never died. Healed 67% of team damage. I love this game.

kagamin

Everyone hating on Widowmaker. I wreck as her. Love taking out high noon bastards and Mercys.

I've only run into a few good Widomakers to be honest, and they were pretty impressive, most of the other ones just try to shoot me through my Defense Matrix when I go D.Va, its funny.

Zaventem

This game has some issues with stats/achievements. I got a quad kill with Junkrat's tire but no trophy, but under multikills Junkrat's highest is 4. Meanwhile last night I unlocked Reaper's Die trophy for a quadkill but my stats say the highest I've gotten with him is a triple. Blizzard pls

This literally happened to me, i faced the rare double Symmetra and they were stupid enough to put up multiple teleporters in the same place and i destroyed 4 during the match but nothing popped. Now i'm wondering if it has to be from the same Symmetra which is awful since you can't grind achievements in premade games. At least i'm at 50% if i never get another i'll be fine.

The only problems I have with Mei is that she should be more aware of team comp and environment before walling. Just walling the enemy team can give them time to prep that they normally wouldn't have.

I feel like i've only met a few that ice walled to break up teams so we could gang up on them.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Attacking on Route 76.

I'm Winston. Our team locks in two Hanzos and a Widowmaker.

Somebody points out how deeply stupid this is so one of the Hanzos switch to Tracer.

Two minutes in, switches back to Hanzo.

I don't know, man, I just don't know.

Also I got silver medal for eliminations, so it's not like they were clearing the map.

One reason I can't wait for Ranked Play. I mean I'm sure this idiocy will be there but should be to a lesser degree. . .right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom