• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Dayam, I'm really proficient with Hanzo now. Got so many kill streaks. Almost got 4 dudes with the super. Dammit

Flintty

I was supposed to have a break last night but found myself playing with the team again and found I was back on form as Reinhardt. Sometimes in a group of six you're put up against REALLY good other pre-made groups and they can often destroy us because they communicate and play better as a team. The emphasis last night (after I had a bit of a moan about it to the team) was on better communication and for goodness sake please provide more support for Reinhardt! It worked well and we won most games. Even the ones we lost were close and good fun.

Glad to be back :D

Blizzard

Banned
Guys, as a character I love bastion....but theres no way to play him without being human scum right :( ?
I cracked up last night when I saw a Bastion play of the game. They were sitting somewhere, got a bunch of turret kills as usual...then looked down to the ground and sprayed the "Sorry" word balloon.

styl3s

One reason I can't wait for Ranked Play. I mean I'm sure this idiocy will be there but should be to a lesser degree. . .right?
If CS:GO ranked has taught me anything is that you can't escape those players and if the ranked player base is anything like heroes of the storm sweet mother jesus.

oLsMobl.png

Symmetra so strong on defense, even on point B. People really underestimate her.

Meia

Got two Mercy PotGs tonight playing with I think GAFers, and people keep underestimating Mercy's pistol. Actually killed a McCree who had his flash on cooldown twice in a game, threatened suicide the first time. :p

Also really clicking with Zarya, and having a lot of fun with Winston after thinking he was worthless for a little bit.

oLsMobl.png

Symmetra so strong on defense, even on point B. People really underestimate her.

Not necessarily that people underestimate her, but there's a LOT of symmetra players that will stink up the lobby and refuse to switch even on the last point. No turrets out, no teleporter out, the idea of giving out shields was abandoned after point A, will not switch characters. Happens way more times than running into an actual good symmetra(which I've seen maybe twice in my 50 hours of playtime now?).

Doing the three round KOTH and I got a Quatra kill with Soldier 76. Was preeeetty confident I was going to get play of the game until my teams Reinhardt proceeded to jet boost and catch the entire enemy team and pin them against the wall.

I wasn't even mad.

Got two Mercy PotGs tonight playing with I think GAFers, and people keep underestimating Mercy's pistol. Actually killed a McCree who had his flash on cooldown twice in a game, threatened suicide the first time. :p

Also really clicking with Zarya, and having a lot of fun with Winston after thinking he was worthless for a little bit.

Not necessarily that people underestimate her, but there's a LOT of symmetra players that will stink up the lobby and refuse to switch even on the last point. No turrets out, no teleporter out, the idea of giving out shields was abandoned after point A, will not switch characters. Happens way more times than running into an actual good symmetra(which I've seen maybe twice in my 50 hours of playtime now?).

I don't get it, I always get shit for sticking with her on point B then proceed to rack in tons of kills and eliminate every genji and tracers coming in. That shut the whiners up quickly. Not mentioning that even though the teleporter cuts maybe 5 seconds of walk time, it's often the difference to pulling back a big push in time after 3 persons or more died.

Ketch

oLsMobl.png

i mean she's fine on the last point, but you gotta admit that outside of some cheesy placements her ultimate is pretty much useless on the last point of A/D. Much better to have a character that can get full use of their entire kit.

i mean she's fine on the last point, but you gotta admit that outside of some cheesy placements her ultimate is pretty much useless on the last point of A/D. Much better to have a character that can get full use of their entire kit.

No not at all, I think the teleporter is still great on point B. People really underestimate it on how good it helps to keep off those last ditch pushes.

GGs tonight Xboners.

Genji is so fun to play, but man, I'm terrible at getting kills with his ult. I'm the same way with the Bladedancer super in Destiny. I pop it, maybe get one kill, then die. I guess I need to get better at ambushing. And overall, I find it I get more kills with Soldier 76, but damn he's so vanilla.
Yeah man, fun games tonight!

I need to try Genji a bit more. I probably only have a few minutes of playtime with him, if even that.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I think this is one of the reasons I like Sym so much on Anubis, even on point B that little opening directly behind the point is the perfect spot, the entire point is so entrenched that it's hard for someone to actually take it out, and even if the walk isn't much being able to warp right to the point can be helpful.

But generally, yeah, tele loses a lot of oomph after the first point.

Random teams have been beyond garbage today. Not sure why people play this game to lose. All playing flankers trying to move a payload. How the hell is that supposed to work?

I think that Symmetra should perhaps be moved to the Defense category, so it's more clear what her role is. I think a lot of people see support characters, and just think "healer".

Random teams have been beyond garbage today. Not sure why people play this game to lose. All playing flankers trying to move a payload. How the hell is that supposed to work?

Nothing is more fun than being the reinhard shielding no one on the payload while your 5 mcgrees/tracer/genji go on the hunt and die.

Symmetra staying Symmetra on Volskaya B.
cBj1LTf.png

It's ok one day you'll see the light.

Blizzard

Banned
Some people get tired of having to play tank/support constantly.
Some people are trying to learn new characters.
Some people are trying to get achievements.

In my opinion all of those things are fine. Winning doesn't get you anything besides a litlte extra XP, and XP doesn't necessarily get you much (in 35 levels, I don't have 1000 coins and I have exactly 1 legendary skin).

Once ranked starts, I'd expect serious play there. For random games, what's the motivation? Sometimes people feel like trying hard and sometimes they just want to goof off.

Dayam, I'm really proficient with Hanzo now. Got so many kill streaks. Almost got 4 dudes with the super. Dammit

shooting rapidly into groups of enemies (or blindly and crossing your fingers) and letting the huge hitbox do the work isn't that hard

i avoid playing hanzo because he's both boring and too easy to play as

that comic forgot

git gud
salt
nacl
cry more
qq
pathetic

overwatch brings out the best in people

Klyka

Banned
That moment when you are Reinhardt and you have your shield up and the Junkrat being damage boosted by Mercy walks out of your shield instead of staying behind it to shoot and then the enemy Junkrat throws his mine behind you and knocks you forward into their team and you die and your Junkrat says "Reinhardt, you idiot, don't follow me, keep your shield up noob!"

Just....just sigh

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
How? It seems like she does very little damage and her shields last for only a split second.

You've gotta get used to popping them at the right time. Her damage output can explode if you're on the fringes of a melee.

Been trying her out recently, and I like how comfortable she feels just sitting on a point with team mates nearby. It also seems like she has no problem going toe-to-toe with most grounded foes. If she gets swarmed it's a different story, but that's the same for everyone really.

Plus her ult is amazing. I call it the Kitchen Sink.
Because everything goes in.

Veldin

They're garbage every day. I just mop up as many gold medals as I can before whatever shitty team I'm on gets destroyed.

Flintty

Some people get tired of having to play tank/support constantly.
Some people are trying to learn new characters.
Some people are trying to get achievements.

In my opinion all of those things are fine. Winning doesn't get you anything besides a litlte extra XP, and XP doesn't necessarily get you much (in 35 levels, I don't have 1000 coins and I have exactly 1 legendary skin).

Once ranked starts, I'd expect serious play there. For random games, what's the motivation? Sometimes people feel like trying hard and sometimes they just want to goof off.

Quoting this for truth. Yeah it can be enraging when you're getting destroyed by people with seemingly impossible damage etc. but really, ask yourself why you are playing? Winning is great but I play the game for fun. Most of the games I have lost have been fun because it's so tight.

It's those pro 6 man hit squads that ruin I for me lol but this is the matchmaking at work.

How? It seems like she does very little damage and her shields last for only a split second.

You've gotta get used to popping them at the right time. Her damage output can explode if you're on the fringes of a melee.

Been trying her out recently, and I like how comfortable she feels just sitting on a point with team mates nearby. It also seems like she has no problem going toe-to-toe with most grounded foes. If she gets swarmed it's a different story, but that's the same for everyone really.

Plus her ult is amazing. I call it the Kitchen Sink.
Because everything goes in.

Yeah it's all about using your shields correctly. A Zarya at full charge just melts people and can be difficult to take down without concentrated fire. She works best in a teamwork situation.

kagamin

Yeah it's all about using your shields correctly. A Zarya at full charge just melts people and can be difficult to take down without concentrated fire. She works best in a teamwork situation.

If you activate your Ultimate then shield yourself and someone near you, you can easily get max charge from a large group of people. And then wreck them.

Quoting this for truth. Yeah it can be enraging when you're getting destroyed by people with seemingly impossible damage etc. but really, ask yourself why you are playing? Winning is great but I play the game for fun. Most of the games I have lost have been fun because it's so tight.

It's those pro 6 man hit squads that ruin I for me lol but this is the matchmaking at work.

I don't mind losing at overtime right at the end. The issue is when people screw around and make the game last all of 5 minutes. Where's the fun in that?

Ketch

No not at all, I think the teleporter is still great on point B. People really underestimate it on how good it helps to keep off those last ditch pushes.

well you know, I think some people over estimate how useful it is on the last point.... maybe it feels nice to get to the point 3 seconds earlier, but when it comes to saving the point it would be much better to have an ult that keeps people from dying or gets the other team off the point.

not saying the turrets aren't great, just that her ultimate is pretty useless on the last point.

Shane

Agreed.

Putting the teleporter just out of site/sight of B helps those overtime clutches. That five second walk can be enough to lose contesting the site, and as such the game.

Edit: It's help my team win defending a B site on more than one occasion.

LiK

shooting rapidly into groups of enemies (or blindly and crossing your fingers) and letting the huge hitbox do the work isn't that hard

i avoid playing hanzo because he's both boring and too easy to play as

that comic forgot

git gud
salt
nacl
cry more
qq
pathetic

overwatch brings out the best in people

Great job on raining on my parade. Trying to manage his shots and not get killed by flankers isn't that easy, imo. Hanzo ain't exactly a fast character. Might as well say that for every character in terms of shooting into a crowd. You can do the same with Widow and Junkrat. Everyone can get boring after a while which is why you can switch around.

Show me your amazing Hanzo skills someday. I wanna see your mega kill streaks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For some reason I'm always on fire with Roadhog, way more then with other chars. Wonder if it is because I usually take him on KotH and have a lot of objective time.

He builds a lot of the fire meter by using his self heal.

I am almost always on fire with Roadhog and Lucio due to how they work.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
She's not really a protection tank like Reinhardt, your goal is to be on the front lines and find opportunities to soak up damage by shielding you and other aggressive teammates. Once you get reasonably charged up you are pretty much a monster until they manage to kill you, the energy bomb does up to 90 damage and the beam does up to 150 damage per second (plus, she has 400 health, half of which automatically recharges).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom