• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I gotta wonder if certain Mei's on my team aren't in fact spies. The enemy team was grouped up, so I bust my ult as Roadhog and start screwing up the whole team. Then, several moments later a Mei decides she's going to put an icewall between me and the enemy team.

In a perfect world Mei would have stealth and use disguises. Her main weapon already disables turrets....ah hahahha.

Klyka

Banned
Except finishing off a enemy behind a wall or cleaning a zone with her ult.

You are implying that a good Widowmaker let's an enemy escape behind a wall (which btw she can see you there cause her Ult is up almost all round) or that she needs an easily telegraphed and dodged dragon to clear a point.

A good Widowmaker can make three headshots in like 3 seconds.

There is no comparison.
Hanzo is a non-factor.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Unless by some miracle you catch the other team in a narrow hallway with absolutely no side exits the dragon ult is such a nothing ult.

Klyka

Banned
Unless by some miracle you catch the other team in a narrow hallway with absolutely no side exits the dragon ult is such a nothing ult.

It's good for breaking up an entrenched defense (like Bastion+turret or something) and it can be used as an area denial as well. Also your team can literally run on the point INSIDE the dragon.

So it has it's uses, but yeah,it's no Widowmaker ult.

Sometimes I gotta wonder if certain Mei's on my team aren't in fact spies. The enemy team was grouped up, so I bust my ult as Roadhog and start screwing up the whole team. Then, several moments later a Mei decides she's going to put an icewall between me and the enemy team.

Ive been in a game where a mei player ice walls in here one team at the start of the game.
Still love her though ;)

Antiwhippy

It's good for breaking up an entrenched defense (like Bastion+turret or something) and it can be used as an area denial as well. Also your team can literally run on the point INSIDE the dragon.

So it has it's uses, but yeah,it's no Widowmaker ult.

Oh yeah, there is that. Guess I'm more used to d.va's and mei's where it's more about denying an area rather than a path.

Flintty

I've experienced what I called the 'Double Dragon' (original, eh?) when two Hanzos on opposite ends of the control point threw dragons in adjacent to each other. No escape whatsoever. I was pretty impressed.

I wouldn't call it a 'nothing ult' it has plenty of uses and the fact that it comes through walls means it can catch people off guard.

Ketch

mcree is cancer.

you know what's not fun? getting stunned in a FPS. also, fuck mei.

I wouldn't have a problem with mei if you just died when frozen solid, not being able to move while you're getting shot is the worst feeling in this game.

Klyka

Banned
mcree is cancer.

I wouldn't have a problem with mei if you just died when frozen solid, not being able to move while you're getting shot is the worst feeling in this game.

taking away control from the player is one of the worst things to do in a game.

and having that ability be a literal one button press in McCrees case, is just terrible as well.

mcree is cancer.

taking away control from the player is one of the worst things to do in a game.

and having that ability be a literal one button press in McCrees case, is just terrible as well.

Why'd you guys let McCree get so close to you?

Antiwhippy

mcree is cancer.

Chasing after fast and small targets can be pretty annoying too.

Klyka

Banned
McCree is a good counter to fidgety, fast characters, like Tracer, so the flashbang is not OP at all to me.

The flashbang works against everyone.
It even stuns multiple people.

I had a McCree yesterday who stunned three people on the payload and just did the usual "pros only, competitive gaming approved" move of "right click-shift-right click" and got a triple kill.

Matt Frost

You are implying that a good Widowmaker let's an enemy escape behind a wall (which btw she can see you there cause her Ult is up almost all round) or that she needs an easily telegraphed and dodged dragon to clear a point.

A good Widowmaker can make three headshots in like 3 seconds.

There is no comparison.
Hanzo is a non-factor.

Hanzo can snipe through walls and Widowmaker cant. Also, both need to charge their shots to be the most effective.

Because my Widowmaker's ultimate wasn't up, while his was.

That's a lame excuse. And you should learn to play without that and against it.

nOoblet16

So I'm gonna talk about the tickrate again, you can feel the painfully slow server update rate when you get killed by a Reinhardt swinging his hammer out of range or when you avoid the martydom grenades and yet die. Despite having only 30ms of server latency (and you have to factor in that the other player has a similar latency too)

Do you consider Junkrat's trap to be terrible as well?
I actually hate Junkbag's traps more than Mei and McCree's freeze/stun.

Simply cause it's very hard to see, it lasts a long long time and dude can just throw it at you while fighting. It also doesn't despawns when he dies and stays there until he puts it out again somewhere else.

Antiwhippy

Flashbang isn't op, it's just FtH.

He should be able to erase the tracers and genjis of world. Just not the tanks also.

The flashbang works against everyone.
It even stuns multiple people.

I had a McCree yesterday who stunned three people on the payload and just did the usual "pros only, competitive gaming approved" move of "right click-shift-right click" and got a triple kill.

Why were 3 people standing next to each other.

Shahadan

People think hanzo is good? His ultimate is so easy to dodge with like... Everyone. If anything he needs some kinda buff.

If people are using it at long distance in plain view they're not using it correctly. Doesn't mean it's shit. I see some self proclaimed uber players from GAF get killed by it every day, and sometimes whole team.

Also its point isn't even about killing everyone, so being avoidable is not the problem.

It is OP.

E+rightclick, or E+rightclick, roll, rightclick is death to any hero in the game 1v1.

It's just bullshit.

the Right-click is your issue; not the E. the crowd control is nice. otherwise Tracers would just run wild. The right-click, however, does entirely too much damage. It's too low-skill of a skill shot for people to not have some sort of opportunity to respond. Even with the Hog hook (a more difficult skill shot), most heroes won't be 1-shot by him unless they've been chipped down in advance offering the opportunity for counterplay however small and brief.

By contrast, McCree can 1-shot (well, 1 right-click) everyone not in the "tank" grouping of heroes. Those require a fairly simple Shift + 2nd right-click and nobody in that "Tank" class has the toolkit to kill him with the little bit of life they have left. I say increase the kick of the Fan (RNG) and or lower the total damage likely so that characters with 225hp have a 75% chance to respond or something like that with an increasing likelihood of survivability the more HP you have. Make McCree have to land some of those left clicks too unless the target has already been chipped down some before the flashbang. Classes with less than 200HP maybe end up with a 50/50 chance to survive the initial combo. 150HP or less, maybe only a 25% chance. IDK. Something like that. Point is, it's the fan that does too much damage, not the setup. The setup stun is a cool idea imo. But people should have a chance to counter-play it outside of simply not getting caught by it.

People think hanzo is good? His ultimate is so easy to dodge with like... Everyone. If anything he needs some kinda buff.

Okami ult says otherwise. Also, only scrub Hanzo's ult where you have the opportunity to respond easily.

Flintty

Holy crap, some real elitism coming through this thread now. If you have advice for someone to improve their game, there's ways of getting your point across without looking like a douche, people. Come on.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Zenyatta is unplayable for me. Don't know why, but I just can't use him..feels bad lol. I like the design so I wish I was good enough.

Xater

Zenyatta is unplayable for me. Don't know why, but I just can't use him..feels bad lol. I like the design so I wish I was good enough.

Yeah I am still not warming up to him either. Zarya and him are the only two characters I really don't feel comfortable with.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
McCree is a good counter to fidgety, fast characters, like Tracer, so the flashbang is not OP at all to me.

I agree here, If you're a McCree, then it's your duty to take out the opposing team's Tracer.

Come to think of it, which character and skills are good counters for Tracer? I hate her blinking in and out, shooting people, recall, blink, shoot, etc. like a pesky mosquito.

I play him a lot and have found a fair amount of success with him (~50% after about 25 games or so?). You just gotta hang way back, buff allies in need of hp and debuff anyone you can. Don't be near the front lines unless you're looking to pop ult. Hold left-click the entire time. Keep moving and make yourself hard to hit.

That's it, really.

Don't pick him into Widowmaker and you'll be fine.

Oh and if your'e teammates aren't going to keep you safe (watch your back so Genji's and Tracers don't get to kill you repeatedly for free while they tunnel vision on others), switch to Lucio.

He's too slow and fragile.

Nah, he's fine considering how much damage and healing he can provide from relative safety.

cHinzo

Yeah I am still not warming up to him either. Zarya and him are the only two characters I really don't feel comfortable with.
Zarya is pretty easy to use on King of the Hill maps though. Just group up and move onto the point. Pop ur shield if u get shot and aim in their general direction while holding ur left mouse button. Press E whenever it's up on whoever is charging in or attacking enemies. Easy stuff. :D

Antiwhippy

I play him a lot and have found a fair amount of success with him (~50% after about 25 games or so?). You just gotta hang way back, buff allies in need of hp and debuff anyone you can. Don't be near the front lines unless you're looking to pop ult. Hold left-click the entire time. Keep moving and make yourself hard to hit.

That's it, really.

Don't pick him into Widowmaker and you'll be fine.

Oh and if your'e teammates aren't going to keep you safe (watch your back so Genji's and Tracers don't get to kill you repeatedly for free while they tunnel vision on others), switch to Lucio.

Nah, he's fine considering how much damage and healing he can provide from relative safety.

Unless the other team has a widowmaker or Hanzo. They have to be really bad to not one shot him.

Plum

I agree here, If you're a McCree, then it's your duty to take out the opposing team's Tracer.

Come to think of it, which character and skills are good counters for Tracer? I hate her blinking in and out, shooting people, recall, blink, shoot, etc. like a pesky mosquito.

As a Tracer guy myself I've found the best counters are a team that isn't scattered who don't see me and automatically think they have to chase me down. I've been getting much better at fighting McCrees but if the enemy team has set up in a way where he can get behind me whilst I'm harassing a tank I'm screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom