• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

shooting rapidly into groups of enemies (or blindly and crossing your fingers) and letting the huge hitbox do the work isn't that hard

i avoid playing hanzo because he's both boring and too easy to play as

overwatch brings out the best in people

No kidding. Shit on someone for being happy they did well.

Great job on raining on my parade. Trying to manage his shots and not get killed by flankers isn't that easy, imo. Hanzo ain't exactly a fast character. Might as well say that for every character in terms of shooting into a crowd. You can do the same with Widow and Junkrat. Everyone can get boring after a while which is why you can switch around.

Show me your amazing Hanzo skills someday. I wanna see your mega kill streaks.

No kidding. Shit on someone for being happy they did well.

woah

are you saying junkrat is as easy to hit people with than hanzo? because that's not true

also just because i said he's an easy character to play as, that isn't shitting on anyone. if that touched a nerve perhaps you should get some perspective? his hitboxes are huge. you can literally unload shot after shot into people, no reload, and do massive damage, while not actually hitting them.

and i'll show you my 'mega' kill streaks with heroes that require me making contact with them with my shots, thanks. i've got some great ones with hanzo but like i said, being able to climb walls vertically and shooting people from 200 yards constantly nonstop waiting to hit someone for 150-200 damage is boring to me. or quickly when someone rushes you and insta-gibbing them with a suspect hitbox shot.

i'd say the same thing to someone regarding mccree and his flash roll fth. *shrugs*

Mutombo

Whut, I've got a 80% winrate when I play Symmetry. After that, 67% with Lucio, 45% with Zarya (whom i just started playing), 33% with Pharah. The others I havent really touched enough yet.

I'm finding it easier to defend than to attack though. Anyone else?

Nyx

I don't know what range I should be normally try to be at. Like should I be normally pushing forward to use the beam or stay back to grenade?

I let them come to me.
And when they do I put up my Shield and start beaming, if they shoot at me they will go down in a millisecond.

RemiLP

Played soldier 76 for the first time yesterday
And he felt REALLY good for the controll mode. Sprinting to get quicker to the controll point, and spamming area healing every 10s to keep your team at full health seems perfect for that mode.

Im not a very good player, and i managed to get 32 kills and 4 gold medals on my first match. Will use him alot more from now on, Hopefully it wasnt just luck :p

level1

shooting rapidly into groups of enemies (or blindly and crossing your fingers) and letting the huge hitbox do the work isn't that hard

i avoid playing hanzo because he's both boring and too easy to play as

that comic forgot

git gud
salt
nacl
cry more
qq
pathetic

overwatch brings out the best in people

Either you're clueless, or that second part wasn't sarcasm at all.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How long does her charge last? is it until she dies or does it start dropping?

It drops over time but it builds from the shielding on allies and yourself so you can juggle them around to consistently hold it up. But yeah, it also resets if she dies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I let them come to me.
And when they do I put up my Shield and start beaming, if they shoot at me they will go down in a millisecond.

How do you deal with people engaging from outside beam range? Shield and then grenade or just grenade to save to shield for up close or ults?

okay guys. all heroes are completely equal and take the exact same amount of effort to play. all comments on heroes and tiers of effectiveness end here. any comments on heroes others play as are forbidden due to feelings and differences of opinion. close the thread, guess we're done.

It isn't so much the content of the post (which I also question, but it would be silly of me to call you out on that when most people have similar thoughts on pretty much every character out there). It's that you chose to post it as a reply to someone who was clearly pleased that they've started mastering a character.

well to that i say good for them in all earnest. this game has a wide variety of people to play as and i was just sharing my thoughts on the hero the person mentioned. i don't think saying a character is easy to play as is crapping on someone but as long as people are having fun with the game, that's all that matters

Nyx

How do you deal with people engaging from pirate beam range? Shield and then grenade or just grenade to save to shield for up close or ults?

Pirate beam range?

Anyway, I use the grenades when people are further away, Shield up only if necessary but I'd rather hide around a corner and save it up for when they get near and I plan on using the beam.

nOoblet16

Considering the main way you should play as Hanzo is to aim in the general direction of the enemy based on intuition rather than fine aiming and taking your time, considering that the 20 tick rate helps him a lot since the targets are effectively moving at 20hz, considering that his arrowsoccupy a large area rather than the actual size they are....I am pretty sure he isn't clueless.

level1

okay guys. all heroes are completely equal and take the exact same amount of effort to play. all comments on heroes and tiers of effectiveness end here. any comments on heroes others play as are forbidden due to feelings and differences of opinion. close the thread, guess we're done.

It isn't so much the content of the post (which I also question, but it would be silly of me to call you out on that when most people have similar thoughts on pretty much every character out there). It's that you chose to post it as a reply to someone who was clearly pleased that they've started mastering a character.

Played soldier 76 for the first time yesterday
And he felt REALLY good for the controll mode. Sprinting to get quicker to the controll point, and spamming area healing every 10s to keep your team at full health seems perfect for that mode.

Im not a very good player, and i managed to get 32 kills and 4 gold medals on my first match. Will use him alot more from now on, Hopefully it wasnt just luck :p

Soldier 76 is the most versatile, effective hero in the game. I resisted him for a while because he is so dumb and generic, but it's true.

I don't know what range I should be normally try to be at. Like should I be normally pushing forward to use the beam or stay back to grenade?

You want to be with your group, so wherever they are pushing at. You wanna be at the front but also ready to step aside so you don't get focused and so you have an ally whom you can shield as well. My normal Zarya engagement tends to be grenading as we move forward, a steady relentless push-sidestep to rejuve push, shielding and stepping in front of light to medium fire, side stepping until you're in the thick of it.

Played the beta as support characters and finally had a go at Tracer and Mei.

I loved them both.

Zipping behind the other team and murdering their healers was fun and then running out and shooting their Reinhardt in the back so he turned round was so satisfying.

I never really play offensively so it was a breath of fresh to run round the map.

As Mei, my brother (who was Symmetra) held the first point at the bell on hanafuda like it was magic.

I kept closing up areas and when anyone quick came in they got murdered.
When their Reinhardt came in he didn't stand a chance.

Only played a few games now its out and I want more.

Antiwhippy

Pirate beam range?

Anyway, I use the grenades when people are further away, Shield up only if necessary but I'd rather hide around a corner and save it up for when they get near and I plan on using the beam.

You want to be with your group, so wherever they are pushing at. You wanna be at the front but also ready to step aside so you don't get focused and so you have an ally whom you can shield as well. My normal Zarya engagement tends to be grenading as we move forward, a steady relentless push-sidestep to rejuve push, shielding and stepping in front of light to medium fire, side stepping until you're in the thick of it.

Alright, thanks a lot for the advice. Right now Zarya and roadhog are the two I really want to get good at because they seem really fun. Getting steadily better with roadhog but still need to find my rhythm with Zarya.

Alright, thanks a lot for the advice. Right now Zarya and roadhog are the two I really want to get good at because they seem really fun. Getting steadily better with roadhog but still need to find my rhythm with Zarya.

Yep! She takes some getting used to. Keep in mind that half her health are shields so they recharge. This means you're great at taking some fire and healing it back up without having to find a health pack.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Can't wait for ranked matches to come... Nothing worse that getting stuck with a team on solo queue that don't even try to contest the objective.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind losing at overtime right at the end. The issue is when people screw around and make the game last all of 5 minutes. Where's the fun in that?

I don't usually mind losing, even in overtime.

But the other day, we had two games back to back where we took control to exactly 99%, only to have the other team make an amazing comeback.

It was unbelievable, but how can you be mad in that situation? People on the other team must have been hella hype!

Flintty

I don't usually mind losing, even in overtime.

But the other day, we had two games back to back where we took control to exactly 99%, only to have the other team make an amazing comeback.

It was unbelievable, but how can you be mad in that situation? People on the other team must have been hella hype!

That makes for a fun and tense end to the game. Even better when it's your team doing the last minute push. Everyone is throwing every goddamn thing at it, Hanzo sends in a Dragon and leads his team into the point top push Overtime. Junkrat comes back with his tyre and blows them all up, Mercy mass revives, Reinhardt charges in, there are rockets raining from the sky, LOOK there's a monkey going crazy! Oh my word. I love this game :D

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
That makes for a fun and tense end to the game. Even better when it's your team doing the last minute push. Everyone is throwing every goddamn thing at it, Hanzo sends in a Dragon and leads his team into the point top push Overtime. Junkrat comes back with his tyre and blows them all up, Mercy mass revives, Reinhardt charges in, there are rockets raining from the sky, LOOK there's a monkey going crazy! Oh my word. I love this game :D

It is truly great. We were flabbergasted, but they were good games for sure!

Here's a really good Zarya guide if you're interested.

Klyka

Banned
I swear when a team gets to 99% and it goes into overtime, the team that is behind gets some kind of boost.

Like,less damage taken or more damage dealt or something like faster Ultimate charging.

It is insane how many games go from 99-0 to 99-99 and are decided in Overtime.

Hanzo is overpowered at the moment and quickshots as well as largely inaccurate hitboxes are annoying as fuck and I hope blizzard fixes it soon or else every team will be 2 Hanzo 2 mccree a lucio and a mercy.

Zomba13

I think the most annoying thing said by people is all the tryhard bullshit. Like, just suck it up fellow team mate, they played better than us, stop being a sore loser and acting like you weren't even trying. Just pisses me off how it's the go to excuse, you're not a bad player, they just tried hard.

Klyka

Banned
Hanzo is overpowered at the moment and quickshots as well as largely inaccurate hitboxes are annoying as fuck and I hope blizzard fixes it soon or else every team will be 2 Hanzo 2 mccree a lucio and a mercy.

Hanzo is a completely non-entity in any serious competitions/games.

Widowmaker does everything he does,only better

Antiwhippy

I don't know if it's just a difference of regions but I really don't run into that many toxic players in Australia. Mostly just ggs or good natured banter.

Started a game of Defence on Numbani and 3 people pick Hanzo.
Think to myself f-it, we've lost anyway then switch to Hanzo as well :p
At least it was a quick match.

Klyka

Banned
I don't know if it's just a difference of regions but I really don't run into that many toxic players in Australia. Mostly just ggs or good natured banter.

Living in Australia, people are probably just happy to survive another day, so there is no bitterness :p ;)

Hyun Sai

Hanzo is a completely non-entity in any serious competitions/games.

Widowmaker does everything he does,only better

Yeah, I don't get the complaints about Hanzo either. The hitbox on his arrow was buffed in the beta because he was in an even worse state than now.

KyleCross

Sometimes I gotta wonder if certain Mei's on my team aren't in fact spies. The enemy team was grouped up, so I bust my ult as Roadhog and start screwing up the whole team. Then, several moments later a Mei decides she's going to put an icewall between me and the enemy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom