• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
I want winstons to try and chase me. And if they jump to my recall spot, you just blink away and his jump is already on cooldown. Tracer is does 240 damage per clip, not including headshots, at 40rps... so effectively 240+ dps per winston every other second. She can do it outside the tesla range too. Winston has 500 hp, including reloads, it takes about 3 seconds to kill him. With tracer's ult, it takes about a second to kill him.

I don't think tracer ever loses vs winston without a mistake or starting heavily disadvantaged.

At no point have I said Winston wins that fight. I'm just saying he is a good answer to tracer to disrupt her when you play him right.

I agree that in a 1vs1 the Tracer will usually win.
Obviously not always, but a lot of the times.

I like to use WInston as a Tracer deterrent.
When there is a decent Tracer running around going for your backline, I use Winston to quickly jump on top of them, shield my teammate and scare the Tracer away while usually wounding her heavily with the gun.

It works quite well and some Tracers will get super frustrated with it.

Exactly that.

aeolist

Banned
man i was playing tracer on ilios yesterday and at one point i had widowmaker, genji, and roadhog all chasing me around in circles on their side of the map

couldn't kill anyone but literally half the enemy team was tied up for a good 2-3 minutes

of course my team wasn't capping though

The real thing to learn is that torbjorn is utterly useless.

Any hero can take out his turret fairly easily, he's less effective by himself than Mei, Lucio, or even symmetra.

His ultimate is pretty good but it's short and slow to charge.

Symmetra is pretty bad too but I think she can serve a purpose a little bit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Symmetra's kit is amazing. Not biased at all here.

I'm having fun with her on Defense. Trying to find the best spot to hide her turrets is great. And her beam gun is very powerful on short range. I think I killed the same Roadhog at least 3-4 times in one game with her yesterday. Even a Mercy couldn't save him(as I killed her too). Poor dude.

Just wish her shield ability would give more than 25. Feels a bit useless.

Dr. Buni

I'm having fun with her on Defense. Trying to find the best spot to hide her turrets is great. And her beam gun is very powerful on short range. I think I killed the same Roadhog at least 3-4 times in one game with her yesterday. Even a Mercy couldn't save him(as I killed her too). Poor dude.

Her M1 is really good, it also made me get used to bunny hop :p I just really like her gun, both M1 and M2 are extremely useful. As for the turrets, I am having a lot more success with her since I stopped putting them all in one room (scattered around the room, of course). I am using them mostly as warning posts to avoid flanking.

It used to be 50, but it made Tracers and Genjis far too strong, from what I read. I think her shields should give a different amount of HP for each role. 25 for offense, 50 (?) for defense, 100 for tank and support, perhaps? Again, I don't know.

Any hero can take out his turret fairly easily, he's less effective by himself than Mei, Lucio, or even symmetra.

No offense but what are you talking about? Neither of them are bad heroes. Torbjorn's gun does far too much damage for a hero than can place an autoaim turret. His health also isn't that bad for someone who does that much damage (his M2 mostly in close encounters). I think he is quite the strong hero tbh.

Fliesen

if you were able to kill a roadhog as a symmetra, that just means you've met a super shitty roadhog.
one hook and one shot to the chest and you're down. And you shouldn't be too hard to miss if you're that close (because of your low weapon range)

speaking of "getting close" - i'm playing much more Winston now.
The "Tank" "Defense" "Support" classes can be so deceiving sometimes, especially on hybrid classes (Symmetra being Defense / Support, Winston being Tank / Offense - as he's very useful in flanking enemy snipers and turrets).
I think that's why some people tend to play Winston 'wrong' - because they think he's supposed to be the one constantly pushing the payload, like a Reinhard or a D.Va would

Even if it never actually kills a single enemy, Torbjorn's turret would still act as deterrence. It forces the enemy team to at least employ a Reinhard, which - in many maps - can be easily flanked.
It keeps the airspace rather clean and prevents squishy flankers from being a pain in the ass.

These high level competitive play stats are interesting ,sure... but totally irrelevant to my daily game experience where Torbjörn eat pubs for breakfast and Mei can clutch a payload game.

Out in the real world, teamplay and communication counts for more than hero stacks.

Klyka

Banned
These high level competitive play stats are interesting ,sure... but totally irrelevant to my daily game experience where Torbjörn eat pubs for breakfast and Mei can clutch a payload game.

Out in the real world, teamplay and communication counts for more than hero stacks.

you realize the teamplay and communication in pro games is infinitely higher than in "the real world" right? :p

you realize the teamplay and communication in pro games is infinitely higher than in "the real world" right? :p

Well, duh.

But when I click on Quick Play, I don't get matched up with a team of pros on a speech server.

My point still stands - those F-tier heroes hold their own fine and these measurements have little bearing on pub games.

3DShovel

Had a fantastic round as Genji yesterday. Harassing the enemy from every corner, destroying Symmetra/Torbjorn turrets so my team could get in the point. Unfortunately we still lost despite all my efforts because our Zenyatta was just trying to get pop-shot charge kills instead of healing anybody. :(

nOoblet16

Had a fantastic round as Genji yesterday. Harassing the enemy from every corner, destroying Symmetra/Torbjorn turrets so my team could get in the point. Unfortunately we still lost despite all my efforts because our Zenyatta was just trying to get pop-shot charge kills instead of healing anybody. :(

You can get so many kills with the dragon blade if you attack the enemy team from back. As long as you make sure:

1) There isn't a Junbag around (his traps, oncussion and martydom have resulted in numerous failed dragonblade for me)
2) The Torbjorn is dead (since he can set his turrets up instantly)
3) Or a Reinhardt (due to his shield and Earthshatter basically nullifying it)

You can pretty much take out all the support yourself and maybe get a take too.

Firebrand

Jesus, the amount of whining and blaming is reaching Dota levels. Symptom of higher ranks or is school out for summer or something? It's like 2 out of 3 matches are just a stream of shittalk in chat.

LiK

McCree stun is the only thing I hate. I can deal with fan because they still need to aim it. But once stunned, free kill.

nOoblet16

Her M1 is really good, it also made me get used to bunny hop :p I just really like her gun, both M1 and M2 are extremely useful. As for the turrets, I am having a lot more success with her since I stopped putting them all in one room (scattered around the room, of course). I am using them mostly as warning posts to avoid flanking.

It used to be 50, but it made Tracers and Genjis far too strong, from what I read. I think her shields should give a different amount of HP for each role. 25 for offense, 50 (?) for defense, 100 for tank and support, perhaps? Again, I don't know.

No offense but what are you talking about? Neither of them are bad heroes. Torbjorn's gun does far too much damage for a hero than can place an autoaim turret. His health also isn't that bad for someone who does that much damage (his M2 mostly in close encounters). I think he is quite the strong hero tbh.
100 for tanks would mean someone like Roadhog can get 775 health in total with 100 auto regenerate health, 75 damage reduction health and that coupled up with his extremely fast 300HP heal that recharges in 6 seconds would make him an even bigger bullet sponge than he is.

Jesus, the amount of whining and blaming is reaching Dota levels. Symptom of higher ranks or is school out for summer or something? It's like 2 out of 3 matches are just a stream of shittalk in chat.

Yep. I've resorted to just muting both Match and Team chat permanently. Done with whiners and just going to play my game and enjoy myself until ranked mode comes out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just had an amazing POTG with Reinhardt. We were defending A, and time was almost up. The opposing team was making one last push, so I figured I'd use Reinhardt's charge to knock back at least one of them (my shields were already gone so I wasn't much good in that capacity). Well, their Mei ended up hitting me just right with an ice wall in mid-charge, which knocked me up into the air, and I landed behind the entire enemy force. After which I proceeded to get a 5-kill streak in a matter of seconds. Nobody saw me coming. :lol

Fliesen

the longer the game is out, the more people play, the more invested they get, the more they care, the angrier they get if things don't go their way, the more vocal they are about it

For the gaffers that play as widowmaker or hanzo on the console. How do you get good at sniping/aiming?

Mess with your sensitivity... find a sweet spot. Mine is a little slower than what i normally play for some of the other characters. And just practice. For Hanzo it's all about mid-distance encounters with his damage drop off and leading shots. Widow can sit in the far back and just pop people or she can sometimes get up front and push when needed.

Just put lots of time in and youll get there.

Like I said, free kill.

Free kill, not really. McCree is slow, loud and people have fucked up if they get caught by his flash. Every single character requires different play and countering. You cant just go jumping around blind corners and doorways when then enemy has a McCree on flank. There are ways to get out alive too depending on circumstance.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm surprised at that Winston rate, on PS4, i've seen him in maybe 6-9 matches out of the ... 38 something matches i've played to date.

No offense, but I don't see any aspect of console usage or hero success rate is going to have any bearing on the game's competitive scene outside of consoles. Half of the heroes on this roster are practically non-viable on a gamepad.

SeanR1221

I feel like I don't get nearly as much healing done with Mercy and Zenyatta as compared to Lucio. I know healing isn't EVERYTHING (Mercy's revive/Zenyatta is decent with DPS plus his discord orb) but I feel like for pure healing, Lucio can't be beat.

LiK

Free kill, not really. McCree is slow, loud and people have fucked up if they get caught by his flash. Every single character requires different play and countering. You cant just go jumping around blind corners and doorways when then enemy has a McCree on flank. There are ways to get out alive too depending on circumstance.

It's akin to being frozen and getting a icicle headshot from Mei. It's a free kill as soon you you get stunned and he runs in with a fan. It also allows McCree to take out tanks like Reinhardt with ease.

I'm not saying it's super easy to do but it's the same pattern/strategy all the time by most McCree players at my current level.

XaosWolf

Really short fused today. First 2 matches and both had a full team of roamers.

These assholes bought the game and then act like they've never even touched an FPS before. I know its not exclusive to OW (Battlefield has the same issue whenever I played Rush) but for the love of god FOCUS ON THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE.

Edit: Also fuck McCree. Melted my Reinhardt within 2 seconds with his stun combo.

LiK

Really short fused today. First 2 matches and both had a full team of roamers.

These assholes bought the game and then act like they've never even touched an FPS before. I know its not exclusive to OW (Battlefield has the same issue whenever I played Rush) but for the love of god FOCUS ON THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE.

Edit: Also fuck McCree. Melted my Reinhardt within 2 seconds with his stun combo.

I had some really bad games last night with randoms like that. None of them pushed and we're just running all over the place. I quit cuz I wasn't gonna waste my time in those matches.

Dr. Buni

100 for tanks would mean someone like Roadhog can get 775 health in total with 100 auto regenerate health, 75 damage reduction health and that coupled up with his extremely fast 300HP heal that recharges in 6 seconds would make him an even bigger bullet sponge than he is.
Yeah... It would help D.Va though, with her stupidly huge head hitbox, the more HP she has, the better.

Edit: On the subject of D.Va, I had a match earlier, on Temple of Anubis, where I picked her (we were attacking) and two people on my team picked Widow and Hanzo. Guess who take the blame for the obvious loss? Me. Just great. Also had idiots with the stupid "gg izi" in following matches... I am really not having fun with Overwatch today.
constantly pushing the payload, like a Reinhard or a D.Va would
I play D.Va mostly like a pseudo-flanker ._.

Tracer's ult suuuuuucks.

I got 3 "STUCK" bombs and someone killed the Roadhog, making me miss my 4th yesterday.

That achievement has become a massive pain in my ass.

The good part is that you can play her really, really aggressively on both offense or defense so you can gather the Ult charge pretty quickly. I just need a good long game to try and get the achievement.

XaosWolf

I had some really bad games last night with randoms like that. None of them pushed and we're just running all over the place. I quit cuz I wasn't gonna waste my time in those matches.

Thats what I just did. I don't like leaving mid-match, but they even asked for a healer and ran off anyway so fuck those guys.

When defending i think Symmetra's ult is easily the most powerful in the game.

The main reason attacking teams win the first check point is because it takes so long for defending players to get back to the action after being eliminated.

Also who the hell are these people using her to attack? i must be missing something.

Klyka

Banned

The main reason attacking teams win the first check point is because it takes so long for defending players to get back to the action after being eliminated.

Also who the hell are these people using her to attack? i must be missing something.

I had a random Symmetra in my team who used her on attack and defense and kicked hilarious amounts of as.
He put the teleporter next to the defenders spawn. They never found it and we kept spawning BEHIND the defenders and wiped them out while moving the payload.

Turned out he was the highest ranked Symmetra on EU PC.

Dr. Buni

It is not optimal but Symmetra works in attack too. Haven't really played her in attack since the release, only in the beta ^^

On the subject I had my ass kicked by a Torbjorn in attack twice. It wasn't even mad.

LiK

She melts most characters with the beam so if you're good, you can take out a lot of guys. Altho it's better if you have a healer with you for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom