• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that's right at all. Not in my experience anyway.

And according to this DPS chart http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744955084

Roadhog has a primary maximum DPS of 225 secondary maximum DPS of 206.25

Diva has a primary maximum DPS of 168 secondary (Bunny light pistol) maximum DPS of 93.25

DVA does have a ton of armor though, which does greatly reduce the damage taken from the pellets which do 9 reduced to 4 against armor. But because roadhog can fill her face with pellets, the armor reduction is less impactful due to that double damage. And roadhog has effectively 900 hp due to take a breather healing for 300.

I don't think it's all bad for d.va due to not having to reload and being capable of DPSing throughout the heal, but I think roadhog is favored by far.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I dont think that's right at all. Not in my experience anyway. D.Va's is so much lower to start and it's spread is probably just as bad if not worse than Roadhog's primary fire. Yes she does have altogether further max range... but it does very little damage. If you're within hook distance you're probably losing the DPS battle to Roadhog.... and if you keep firing as D.Va... you can't really move.

And according to this DPS chart http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744955084

Roadhog has a primary maximum DPS of 225 secondary maximum DPS of 206.25

Diva has a primary maximum DPS of 168 secondary (Bunny light pistol) maximum DPS of 93.25

Secondary Dps(Maximum)

1. McCree - Fan the Hammer - 420
2. Roadhog - Scrap Gun(alt) - 206.25
3. Torbjorn - Rivet Gun(Alt) - 199.5

McCree wtf

catspit

I find it really awkward to wall ride as Lucio on Console (PS4) so I pretty much never do it.
I wish they had a "always wall ride" option like they have "always wall climb" options.

Kiro

I find it really awkward to wall ride as Lucio on Console (PS4) so I pretty much never do it.
I wish they had a "always wall ride" option like they have "always wall climb" options.

Switch jump to L1. It changes the character and makes him smooth.

Mupod

Taking out turrets needs to get more credit/xp in this, IMO. They are far harder than most players are.

I swear there used to be a 'turrets destroyed' end vote card in the beta for certain characters (Pharah?).

But outside of Torb's ult they are pretty easy to deal with by themselves. But when there's a turret, a Symmetra nest, a Bastion, and a Widowmaker and you're trying to deal with all that shit while your team is McCrees, Tracers and Reapers it sure does feel impossible.

nOoblet16

Reaper is pretty fun to play as if you set up shop around a big health pack behind enemy lines. While not as quick as Genji he can go pretty much anywhere he can with his teleport without actually travelling that distance physically. This means you can get a jump on a sniper or support without being seen quite easily. Hell you can get junp on anyone with him and his ult is extremely powerful on unexpected mobs of enemies.

DVA does have a ton of armor though, which does greatly reduce the damage taken from the pellets which do 9 reduced to 4 against armor. But because roadhog can fill her face with pellets, the armor reduction is less impactful due to that double damage. And roadhog has effectively 900 hp due to take a breather healing for 300.

I don't think it's all bad for d.va due to not having to reload and being capable of DPSing throughout the heal, but I think roadhog is favored by far.

Yeah... it's not horrible... but Roadhog is going to win most of the time.

McCree wtf

Yeah that almost 500 DPS is all headshots i believe... the person states "best possible DPS" but who knows.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2016-06-0317_46_58-oviyqzl.png

eX6Aqat.jpg

GRaider81

does anyone know where blizzard screens get saved to when PrtScr ing them?

edit: never mind

Sorry GAF, bought a £8.00 loot box pack and got these. Was fed up of getting 23 levels of crap. Feel guilty now though.

shiba5

Remember, an elimination in Overwatch can mean he did 100+ damage or 3 damage. Just because he got a high kill streak doesn't mean he got the most kills, it just means that he didn't die that much.

Right. In the game where I had 24 eliminations, our Winston had something like 57.

Rize_21

I have 0 idea what to do with Winston's ult... trying to punch people against corner would work?
Wish I knew what to do with him, I feel REALLY bad.

Select the skin you want, and there should be an unlock or purchase button.

Ah, got it. Cool, thanks!

Cool thanks for the info! Wasn't sure when he said best possible if he meant headshots or something. I dont play enough McCree to know lol.

I played against a group that had two McCrees just using fan the hammer over and over again. It was really, really annoying. Friends don't let friends play as McCree.

shiba5

I have 0 idea what to do with Winston's ult... trying to punch people against corner would work?

#1 Kill the healer
#2 Kill the other squishies
#3 Knock everyone else around

(Seriously, kill the healer. When Winston is after me, there is almost nothing I can do except run and hope I can keep far enough away.)

SDCowboy

I just had a king of the hill map with a group so terrible, the other team just marched in, completely unopposed, to both point. Round was over in about a minutes. lol

Zomba13

Go ult, knock people around, jump around, disrupt and distract so your team can pick off the enemies.

I haven't had much practice with any other characters outside of the support ones. In every match nobody is picking those so I feel obligated to pick them just to help keep the team alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom