• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmmm, getting stomps in capture point maps with D.va.

Being able to boost around to all the odd angles of those maps and pull their forces away really seem to be the winning strategy in pubs.

eek5

Just something remember from spectating you a bit last night, you blow your ult a lot right into the enemy Reinhardts shield, don't do that, the shield blocks the ult so it's just wasted.

Charging can be a really great option sometimes. Free kill if you catch someone and you force them to split their attention. They either turn around and deal with you and hopefully you charged into a position where you can shield up and by some time, or they ignore you and you hammer away at their back lines.

Also, for some reason tracers and genjis never expect me to just hammer them lol, gotta love it when they try to run in my face and just eat a hammer.

Yeah I fucked up really bad twice last night. Once I was trying to step through his shield and do it but he backed up. The second time I was waiting for him to drop it but panic Q'd too early lmao

Moonlight

Banned
I've died to Hanzo's ultimate all of twice since the first few days I started Overwatch. The times I was caught out were when I was trapped in hallways.

It's not very good.

Hyun Sai

Been playing on PS4 because I like using a controller. Should I be concerned with the console player base dying off and should I consider switching to PC based on that alone?

Well, there is not much competition in the genre on PS4, I doubt this will die during the console lifetime.

Love how the proof is "I played this game a lot" like the rest of us haven't. Literally no one in here is agreeing and there is an outside source of pure data, yet he stands firm in his assessment.

This is why pubbing is in the state it is.

I'm basing my argumentation on my experience. The fact that you draw to conclusion that pubbing is in a bad shape because of this opinion of mine is silly and hyperbole. I'm glad for you that you haven't had to experience bad teams mates like I have, but there's no reason to be rude. I argued for my cause. I never claimed that no one else has played this game a lot. You're putting words in my mouth.

I already explained why the "source" is irrelevant to the point, but even then, I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it. Why are you so angry? Because I'm not changing my mind? Well, that's because, like I've said, I'm basing my thoughts on my experiences with the game. Since stating that I think Hanzo is the best ult, note that I've never called anyone out on being wrong, because I respect their opinions. It's true that several other characters have really good ults. I've never denied it.

Demoskinos

Zarya tips anyone? When is she best played ect?

I feel like I've got the playstyles of all the other tanks down but my play with Zarya is still really hit or miss but man when I make her work for me she is really fun.

I think I might just need some pointers cause I'm really having trouble keeping her charge up which seems like the linchpin of success to doing well with her. At 0% her beam is trash but boy oh boy if you actually get the charge to around 75%-100% that thing can rip through people like a hot knife.

Rizzi

Blergh, pubs making me not want to play it again.
I dunno, maybe if half the team didn't pick the same character and accomplish jack all, and actually got on the objective we'd win some more? No, they're going to run off in separate directions, get killed, and ruin it the rest of us. Woo fucking hoo.
Fucking shit cunts.

PepperedHam

Been playing on PS4 because I like using a controller. Should I be concerned with the console player base dying off and should I consider switching to PC based on that alone?
I really don't see the PS4 community just dying off. Plenty of worse games still have active communities on PS4. This game is the biggest thing around right now and I'm sure Blizzard has plenty up their sleeve to keep up retention, it's what they do.

Oh, but it is.

I've played the game a lot, and Hanzo is definitely the most common character in POTG. Bastion, McCree, Reaper, Torbjörn, Soldier 76 and Junkrat also appear a lot, but nowhere close to Hanzo. I've seen Hanzo get 4-6 kills with his ult so many times. It goes through walls too, and travels really far.

Oh boy here we go again, anecdotal evidence again. Look at the freaking tier data my god.

Gurrry

This game really wants me to play Junkrat.

Ive opened up 2 of his legendary skins so far. Both being the scarecrow(the regular one, and now the green one)

Mmmm, getting stomps in capture point maps with D.va.

Being able to boost around to all the odd angles of those maps and pull their forces away really seem to be the winning strategy in pubs.

Absolutely.

I get the concerns with D.Va's viability in the pro scene, but using her in this way for pubs is seriously effective. Hit and run. Force a chase. Fly over obstacles to complicate the process.

I play her like I play Tracer. Punish the backfield, move to the point when needed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sorry Hanzo buddy, people stopped being stupid about the ulti day 2. Though if I party with some other people I still see people wipe to it, so it is a skill thing. If it keeps working for you keep using it though.

Is there any other penalty for leaving besides reduced exp? I've hopped out of a few games to party up and don't know how lenient it is.

Mupod

Sure. But Zarya's ult pairs well with most offensive ults.

76, Bastion, Hanzo, D.Va, Torb, Tracer...

Hanzo's is imo hands down the best combination with her ult for two reasons:

1. Hanzo doesn't put himself in harm's way (you can still shoot when pulled) and can fire it very easily on reaction
2. It goes through Reinhardt's shield

Problem is most Hanzos are hardly team players. My McCree-only friend has recently branched out into Tracer and we have done some insane wombo combos.

that said as Zarya when I'm charged, unless Reinhardt is there or they counter-ult me I can usually take them out on my own. Last night I had a Mercy rez in the middle of my ult and I got a POTG with like 6 kills. I also learned that Winston, or at least an ulting one can jump out of gravity bomb...

1. Hanzo doesn't put himself in harm's way (you can still shoot when pulled) and can fire it very easily on reaction

Problem is most Hanzos are hardly team players. My McCree-only friend has recently branched out into Tracer and we have done some insane wombo combos.

that said as Zarya when I'm charged, unless Reinhardt is there or they counter-ult me I can usually take them out them on my own. Last night I had a Mercy rez in the middle of my ult and I got a POTG with like 6 kills. I also learned that Winston, or at least an ulting one can jump out of gravity bomb...
That's true about the no danger part actually.

I've been caught as 76 many times in Zarya's ult with my ult charged. Then all the goobers on her team run over to shoot me and I have a shooting gallery. Hanzo wouldn't have to do that.

I'm basing my argumentation on my experience. The fact that you draw to conclusion that pubbing is in a bad shape because of this opinion of mine is silly and hyperbole. I'm glad for you that you haven't had to experience bad teams mates like I have, but there's no reason to be rude. I argued for my cause. I never claimed that no one else has played this game a lot. You're putting words in my mouth.

I already explained why the "source" is irrelevant to the point, but even then, I don't know why you're making such a big deal out of it. Why are you so angry? Because I'm not changing my mind? Well, that's because, like I've said, I'm basing my thoughts on my experiences with the game. Since stating that I think Hanzo is the best ult, note that I've never called anyone out on being wrong, because I respect their opinions. It's true that several other characters have really good ults. I've never denied it.

I understand you're using anecdotal evidence believe me I do. This is a poor way to come to a conclusion.

tariniel

I don't really understand how I should play Tracer. I've tried a handful of times and I accomplish pretty much nothing other than being annoying and dying quickly. Anyone have tips of what I should be doing?

The way I assume I need to play her is to blink into the flank and try to take down someone squishy but it never works out. Are there some maps or team comps that she just shouldn't be used on? Is she better on attack or defense?

SDCowboy

Will more costumes be coming? Mercy needs some fancy new clothes

I'm assuming new skins will be added regularly. At least I sure as hell hope so. Gotta keep pumping in the shinies or people will eventually quit if there is nothing to grind for.

kagamin

that said as Zarya when I'm charged, unless Reinhardt is there or they counter-ult me I can usually take them out on my own. Last night I had a Mercy rez in the middle of my ult and I got a POTG with like 6 kills. I also learned that Winston, or at least an ulting one can jump out of gravity bomb...

Zarya's ultimate is pretty situational, though its fantastic on King's Row near the end with all the pits if you land it over one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Intentional or not, Mei can be the worst griefer on the team. Really annoying when her ice block gets in the way :(

I had a game where we were defending volskaya where the other team was just going double pharah. I just kept putting ice walls in front of them and they couldn't deal with it. Then justice kept raining on icewalls.

I get that bad meis are bad but bad players are bad anyway.

Ketch

Genji and McCree are 50-50 given equal skill tbh.
But you play on consoles !! Genji can't be good there cause of the slow turn speed yo.

i think mobility disparity and deflecting right clicks puts the match up in genjis favor. I much prefer facing mecrees then widows or soldiers or meis.

Mupod

Zarya's ultimate is pretty situational, though its fantastic on King's Row near the end with all the pits if you land it over one.

I've heard it could pull people into pits but every time I try it on Ilios or Nepal it never seems to work. Maybe just need to fire up a bot match and try it there until I figure out the angle/spacing.

pigeon

Banned
i think mobility disparity and deflecting right clicks puts the match up in genjis favor. I much prefer facing mecrees then widows or soldiers or meis.

I'm unclear on what Genji does if McCree just left-clicks him without flashbang and waits for deflect. I'm pretty sure McCree outDPSes Genji with just left click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom