• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Played against a bunch of losers who thought they could gain the system by all picking the same hero. They first tried Winston, then Roadhog, followed by Reinhardt, D. Va, Pharah and more D. Va.
Guess they forgot that one Mei can already ruin their day, especially when they have to push the Payload. My team was just randoms but you could feel how everyone wanted them to fail and tried their best to counteract. A Symmetra provided good teleports, a Tracer flanked them. We won. I left the game afterwards anyway.

Man your team sound like a bunch of killjoys. Same hero teams are just for a little lark.

Was in a team of 6 mercys and we actually took the first capture point. Boosting and healing one mercy was actually kinda effective! Heroes never die all day long.

Though weirdly enough the only times I've consistently won anubis was in same hero teams. Took it easily with both an all widowmaker and all reinhardt team.

I don't really understand how I should play Tracer. I've tried a handful of times and I accomplish pretty much nothing other than being annoying and dying quickly. Anyone have tips of what I should be doing?

The way I assume I need to play her is to blink into the flank and try to take down someone squishy but it never works out. Are there some maps or team comps that she just shouldn't be used on? Is she better on attack or defense?

It's OK if you don't actually kill anyone. The main thing is being a nuisance. Like before I kept pestering (and occasionally killing) the other teams Reinhardt which pretty much ruined their push. She's also great for disrupting Widow and Hanzo. Even if you don't kill them they still need to go for health which means they're not on the lane they were covering which makes life easier for your team.

Another thing is Tracer is markedly more dangerous if you can stay accurate and land headshots. Ideally you'll wanna be able to drop heroes wroth 250 and under health in two clips.

You can also try flanking pesky enemies like Bastions or Tjborns and his turrets, also if there's a Symmetra, track her turrets, do some damage, recall to get back health if needed and finish those off.

Trust me, your team will be grateful even if you don't rack up killstreaks.

Played against a bunch of losers who thought they could gain the system by all picking the same hero. They first tried Winston, then Roadhog, followed by Reinhardt, D. Va, Pharah and more D. Va.
Guess they forgot that one Mei can already ruin their day, especially when they have to push the Payload. My team was just randoms but you could feel how everyone wanted them to fail and tried their best to counteract. A Symmetra provided good teleports, a Tracer flanked them. We won. I left the game afterwards anyway.

Also I've earned three throphies within five or six matches today. Huge Success, Supersonic and Ice Blocked, pretty cool, wasn't even aiming for them. Let's see how the weekend will go.

It's just people having fun. It can be hilarious, especially if you win. I was in a game once where we all agreed on both sides to be Lucio. It was unending!

I caved in and bought the game yesterday. I am already at level ten but the amount of unlockables is insane. Can we really get everything by the time we get to level 100 ? Or do we have to give money to get the legs etc. ?

Most of that is bloat because of sprays and voice lines. If you ignore that, then yeah its possible to get everything you want unless you are a completionist. Which you shouldn't be in this kind of game, for your own sake.

Played a payload match against 5 Reinhardts and one Lucio where they were on offense. We steamrolled them so badly they all changed classes almost immediately.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"OH MY GOD, THEY'RE ALL OUT IN THE OPEN AT THE POINT! IT'S HIIIIIIIIIIIGH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOON MOTHER-oh, thank you Mei. Now they're all being that wall."

Try playing Mei. When you dominate with her, the entire enemy team seems to make it their mission to kill and teabag you.

I've just learned to laugh at it.

I had one instance of playing as Mercy. When we were all waiting at the spawn base, a Genji chased me trying to teabag me.

Fucking ridiculous.

Ken

I caved in and bought the game yesterday. I am already at level ten but the amount of unlockables is insane. Can we really get everything by the time we get to level 100 ? Or do we have to give money to get the legs etc. ?

You can prestige after 100.

kuppy

It's just people having fun. It can be hilarious, especially if you win. I was in a game once where we all agreed on both sides to be Lucio. It was unending!
I didn't find it much fun in the match before, which I joined towards the end. They were Defense and camped the Route 66 spawn with Bastions.

Only thing I could think of was rushing past them with Tracer and getting the Payload moving. I was only two minutes or so in the game though, it didn't do too much.

vypek

To those who paid full price on consoles, how do you feel about it?

Enjoying it a lot. I actually bought mine from Amazon who lowered their price though. And since I had it pre-ordered, I got a partial refund for that. So It cost me a little less than $40 total. Definitely worth it to me even though I gripe about some games that I play with randoms.

meanspartan

To those who paid full price on consoles, how do you feel about it?

I'm already over 20 hours in, and I still feel like I'm nowhere near bored with it. In fact, this may be one of those games I come back to consistently for years (see: almost all other Blizzard games too). $60 well spent.

Moonlight

Banned
You could theoretically unlock everything if you keep playing the game. It's unlikely you could get it all by level 100, but you can 'prestige' back to level 1 when you get there and start the process all over again.

LiK

I'm already over 20 hours in, and I still feel like I'm nowhere near bored with it. In fact, this may be one of those games I come back to consistently for years (see: almost all other Blizzard games too). $60 well spent.

I think I'm 25-26 hours in. Still loving it.

Only played a couple hours but really enjoying the game so far. I've pretty much been using Lucio exclusively because not many people are picking support characters and he makes a huge difference between winning and losing. Despite playing with randoms I've got a 77% winning percentage with him right now, although that will inevitably change. Looking forward to getting more time with other characters.

Also despite playing on random teams I haven't had many bad experiences so far. Most are fighting for the objective at least.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i paid "full price" on PC and I ahve 60 hours so...yeah

ExVicis

4 seconds from the game's end on defense and the payload is just a few meters from it's destination. Then suddenly everyone runs away from the payload, and who is left to stand on the point? Poor little Mercy (me) trying to heal and shoot while everyone focus fires on me for being the only one on the payload. I die and seconds later we lose. I'm not even mad, I'm just frustrated now.

There is no level cap, so eventually you could unlock everything

mbpm1

4 seconds from the game's end on defense and the payload is just a few meters from it's destination. Then suddenly everyone runs away from the payload, and who is left to stand on the point? Poor little Mercy (me) trying to heal and shoot while everyone focus fires on me for being the only one on the payload. I die and seconds later we lose. I'm not even mad, I'm just frustrated now.

Doctor, heal thyself

That feeling when you join a team late and end up saving them from defeat. A very pleasant feeling.

You'll prestige at max level, going back to level 1, so don't worry about limited lootboxes. The RNG may not favour you, but time certainly does.

Permanently A

Tried playing a pug after playing with my regular group all night. Jesus christ what a shitshow. Ranked can't come soon enough.

Highly recommend everyone who feels frustrated to find a group ASAP, even if its just 1-2 other people it makes a world of difference. Something as small as being able to time your ults together completely changes the feel and mood of the game. I guaranteed you won't regret it. Use the reddit LFG threads or the LFG websites

R0ckman

Some people were talking about that forced 50% thing, something interesting happened, I was in a really bad team for king of the hill (PlayedLucio only on contesting point), left after the defeat. Entered a game that immediately booted me claiming I was not active, then it auto threw me into a auto defeat game?

hampig

Man your team sound like a bunch of killjoys. Same hero teams are just for a little lark.

Was in a team of 6 mercys and we actually took the first capture point. Boosting and healing one mercy was actually kinda effective! Heroes never die all day long.

Though weirdly enough the only times I've consistently won anubis was in same hero teams. Took it easily with both an all widowmaker and all reinhardt team.

One time me and 5 friends did something similar. 4 went Trob, 1 went Reinhardt, and 1 went Lucio. We were defending and set up right at the start of the map. They never even made it to the first checkpoint and most of us never died.

HANZO ULTIMATE:

Pros - Extreme dmg, not bounded by walls, extreme range
Cons - Not insta-kill, enemies can leave dmg zone, extreme visibility, slow moving

Hanzo shouldn't be pushing and his ult shouldn't come from the front - this eliminates the "step left" mentality prevalent a few pages back. His radical agility, recon arrow, and ambush-like ability of his ult means a skilled Hanzo will always be in the PotG. You can unleash it from a distant, elevated vantage point and each map has points where that damn dragon will emerge from the walls 345 miles away from where Hanzo loosed his arrow, killing or disrupting any enemy position unlucky enough to be revealed through the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom