• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT2| A New Low in Unlocking and Microtransaction Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Loving the game but I'm ready to start teaming up with people. While we randomly win/lose like everyone else the lack of coordination is starting to get to me.

I almost always run Mercy and I've started using my pistol more and more because people are too spread out and fucking oblivious to turrets. How bad is it when I'm doing equal damage to healing in some games?

Shit like this - http://xboxrecord.us/gamer/RealAngryMonkey/clip/1fd5ed36-5150-40a8-9a78-316ab2862ea1. Why did that fucking junkrat just leave me there to finish off the Hanzo?

I most often team up with my brother and the matches are just baffling. We're in the middle of capping a zone? Everyone else leaves. Move the cart? No, lets run away. WTF.

I HATE teammates who refuse to team up or just leave you to finish the job, I only do it if its a king of the hill and its a distraction tactic. Even then I tell them on chat to **** them and head to the point.

Sifl

I like how we've reached the point where people have watched enough tournaments/streamers so now there's always 1-2 McSkills on the other team camping in corners waiting for people to run by and flash+fan em, even when they are about to lose. We are truly Call of Duty now.

Tidalwave

I'm unclear on what Genji does if McCree just left-clicks him without flashbang and waits for deflect. I'm pretty sure McCree outDPSes Genji with just left click.
Its so situational. The genji should be dashing through him and bouncing above him, not just standing there trying to out dps mcree.

ExVicis

I just got a FTH kill from 50 goddamn meters away from a Mercy. This feels so unfair now. This is ridiculous. How can you have hope that this guy won't be nerfed if you experience that?

I have a serious dilemma. Do I buy the black Mariachi Reaper skin or the white one? Whichever I choose I know I'm going to immediately regret it

Yeah the boxes need a complete overhaul. It's completely unacceptable the way it is now.

Its a lot better then Hearthstone, but HS is a F2P game.

I have a serious dilemma. Do I buy the black Mariachi Reaper skin or the white one? Whichever I choose I know I'm going to immediately regret it

Man they both look real dope. But if you get the black one you can combo it with the "I'm back...in black" voice line

pquFX6wl.png

YESSSS

so jealous

A couple of my friends and I decided in defending a capture map last night that the 3 of us would be Symmetras and hope the rest of the team would follow suit to turn the point we were defending into a death trap.

As soon as we selected our Symmetras, the rest of the team realized what we were going for and picked her as well. The other team couldn't even capture the first point. We utterly stomped them and at one point had 6 teleporters active. It was the most fun I've had yet.

Next game we picked Mei and got the other players to pick her as well and we did horrible and it was still fun.

Bingo. And in HS, you can sell card you want. In this, you can only sell dupes. It's stupid.

Yeah a system where you can dust unwanted shit would be great, I won't even try and deny that one.

I've spent $50 on crates but I don't feel bad about it. Blizzard has enough of my money already, $50 is chicken scratch.

DOWN

Banned
Damn guys, I might blow $60 on this on PS4 just because I miss Team Fortress 2 so bad. I loved setting turrets up in that game.

IMO, either the boxes need a buff, or faster leveling, or every level should give 3-5 boxes (random). Something has to give.

If you hit level 10, 25, 50 etc you should get some extra boxes I would say.

If they keep to their word and make all heroes and extra content free (and I would be severely disappointed if they didn't) monetize the crates as much as they need to. I don't think its that bad of a system for something that is semi gambling.

ChrisD

Here's Overwatch's requirements.

For GPU, if I'm reading the specs right (minimum: 460, vs. your 750) you're skating at or below minimum specs and will have a sub-par experience if you could run it (low FPS). You might be OK depending on resolution and stuff, but it seems like a gamble to me.

Was googling terms like "460 to 750 comparison" but never came across that page. Dang... Glad I asked then. Really wish I was able to play during the open beta, that would have been the best way to see (and if it did run, if the performance was good enough to not ruin the experience).

Thanks man.

IMO, either the boxes need a buff, or faster leveling, or every level should give 3-5 boxes (random). Something has to give.
I average a box every 45 minutes. That's not awful.

But it'd be nice to earn some boxes via other (tangential) methods. Weekly brawls? Certain achievements or milestones? I dunno, something.

SDCowboy

If you hit level 10, 25, 50 etc you should get some extra boxes I would say.

If they keep to their word and make all heroes and extra content free (and I would be severely disappointed if they didn't) monetize the crates as much as they need to. I don't think its that bad of a system for something that is semi gambling.

Yeah I like the gambling with random boxes stuff. But it needs work. Bad. At the very least, every 10 levels should drop a supply chest with like 5 boxes in it. Something.

A couple of my friends and I decided in defending a capture map last night that the 3 of us would be Symmetras and hope the rest of the team would follow suit to turn the point we were defending into a death trap.

As soon as we selected our Symmetras, the rest of the team realized what we were going for and picked her as well. The other team couldn't even capture the first point. We utterly stomped them and at one point had 6 teleporters active. It was the most fun I've had yet.

Next game we picked Mei and got the other players to pick her as well and we did horrible and it was still fun.
How the fuck does 6 active teleports even work? You have 6 portals at spawn and you have to guess where each one of them goes?

The fuck is this, a Megaman boss rush stage?

But it'd be nice to earn some boxes via other (tangential) methods. Weekly brawls? Certain achievements or milestones? I dunno, something.

Oh right! Completing the weekly brawl should net you a box.

Basically just add all the conveniences of Hearthstone, but like I said that's a F2P game. Blizzard has surely ran the numbers and know what they are doing but more freebies would be good.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wouldn't mind loot boxes that much if each match had a chance of also giving you a loot box, that way I didn't have to grind a level for one.

so jealous

That's one of the ones I was hoping to get, now when I get 1k gold, I can buy one for Pharah.

R0ckman

I know a capture the points match is over when my team moronically brawls after the first capture rather than just go set up defense at point B.

SDCowboy

I wouldn't mind one box for playing a weekly, and another for winning. That would be 2 quick boxes.

hydruxo

To those who paid full price on consoles, how do you feel about it?

I feel fine about it. Content wise it's just enough, though more maps and modes would be great. It's a game you can just always hop on and play and not have to worry about being left in the dust because you don't have the latest gear or whatever. Everyone is always on the same playing field so I could drop the game for weeks, come back whenever and still enjoy it like I never left. Also helps that it's a Blizzard game and they'll support it for years + give us free content.

Sorral

Two kills at 100% by throwing them off the cliff on Roadhog, but no POTG because a Torb's turret killed a Pharaoh during her Ult(shutdown or w/e).

Triple kills with Junkrat's ult at the objective, but no POTG again a single kill by McCree's high noon on a DPS.

😖

31 hours in and only 800 coins. This is just getting silly

I'm around there (level 39) with 1500 and 2 legendary skins. 1k came from 2 500 legendary coin drops. So effectively 4 legendary drops so far which is pretty average from what I understand for that much time invested.

Man they both look real dope. But if you get the black one you can combo it with the "I'm back...in black" voice line

Good point

White one

Fuck

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on a ridiculous winning streak with pugs. clearly pugs are the new meta :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom